• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Nice Little Facts

Started by MV/Liberace!, June 20, 2014, 04:56:20 PM

The General

Quote from: zeebo on July 28, 2014, 01:33:43 AM
The little indentation in the center of your upper lip is called the "philtrum".

Reminds me of a movie I haven't seen in years...

[attachimg=1]

pate

Is it King of New York?

King of New York

or the one where he dances with the weird aliens?

The General

Quote from: pate on August 01, 2014, 04:05:49 AM
Is it King of New York?
or the one where he dances with the weird aliens?

No, The Prophecy.

jazmunda

7th President of the USA Andrew Jackson's parrot had to be forcebly removed from Jackson's funeral due to excessive profanity.

http://jacksonianamerica.com/2012/04/16/andrew-jacksons-profane-parrot/

zeebo

The oldest known living tree, a bristlecone pine, is believed to be just over 5000 years old. 

Quote from: zeebo on August 02, 2014, 01:28:23 AM
The oldest known living tree, a bristlecone pine, is believed to be just over 5000 years old.

Some dipshit measuring the age of bristlecone pines got his corer stuck in one of them, nicknamed Prometheus, and to retrieve it ended up cutting down the tree with the help of a forest ranger.  Once the tree was down and the rings counted, he discovered that he had just killed the longest lived non-clonal organism known to have ever existed on Earth. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: zeebo on August 02, 2014, 01:28:23 AM

Only a 1000 years younger than the Earth, that's something; it would have had dinosaurs and people milling around it...  ::)

Yorkshire pud

Three of the signatories to the Declaration of Independence were educated at Cambridge University. As were Charles Darwin and Steven Hawking.

The adult human has normally 20 feet of small intestine.

zeebo

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 02, 2014, 12:51:51 PM
Three of the signatories to the Declaration of Independence were educated at Cambridge University. As were Charles Darwin and Steven Hawking. ...

Speaking of Cambridge U. ... Isaac Newton was appointed Cambridge's Chair of Mathematics in 1669 ... and speaking of Steven Hawking, he was appointed to the same post in 1979.

Bart Ell

Stephen Hawking has the Magic Johnson form of ALS.

Kelt

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 02, 2014, 12:48:59 PM
Only a 1000 years younger than the Earth, that's something; it would have had dinosaurs and people milling around it...  ::)

Like a Flintstones cartoon.

Stop rolling your fucking eyes.

There may be as many as 35 to 50 active serial killers in the USA.

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 02, 2014, 07:07:26 PM
There may be as many as 35 to 50 active serial killers in the USA.

Or just 1 with lots of frequent flyer miles?

Due to a similar protein composition, human blood can be used as an egg substitute and in the making of ice cream.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kelt on August 02, 2014, 07:06:05 PM
Like a Flintstones cartoon.

Stop rolling your fucking eyes.

Dogs would have pissed up it too, lose the ballast before they chased dinosaurs.

I can't stop rolling my eyes, it's a tick I have...you have tickism. Reported.

zeebo

The only two words in the English language that end in "mt" are dreamt and undreamt.

jazmunda

If you visited one new beach in Australia every day, it would take over 29 years to see them all.

onan

Quote from: jazmunda on August 04, 2014, 05:16:00 AM
If you visited one new beach in Australia every day, it would take over 29 years to see them all.

Are you talking while sober?

zeebo

Most folks think Olympus Mons on Mars is the tallest mountain in the solar system, but actually it's second, behind the central peak of Rheasilvia, an impact crater on the proto-planet Vesta, which stands slightly higher.

Quote from: zeebo on August 04, 2014, 11:32:23 PM
Most folks think Olympus Mons on Mars is the tallest mountain in the solar system, but actually it's second, behind the central peak of Rheasilvia, an impact crater on the proto-planet Vesta, which stands slightly higher.

Sad, but true.

zeebo

The Rubik's Cube is often advertised as having "billions" of possible permutations, but that's because they suspect the general public couldn't comprehend the actual number:  43,252,003,274,489,856,000.

b_dubb

Quote from: zeebo on August 05, 2014, 04:16:44 PM
The Rubik's Cube is often advertised as having "billions" of possible permutations, but that's because they suspect the general public couldn't comprehend the actual number:  43,252,003,274,489,856,000.

jazmunda

Quote from: zeebo on August 05, 2014, 04:16:44 PM

When I was a kid I thought the rubik's cube was this magical device that could not possibly be solved. A few months ago I was in a toy store with my daughter and I decided to buy one. I went on the net to learn how to solve it and now I could solve it with my eyes closed. Well with my eyes half closed. I'm not an autistic freak. Take that child me you stupid idiot.

The more addons you install on your browser to block Google from tracking you, the easier it becomes for Google to identify you.

wr250

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 05, 2014, 07:19:56 PM
The more addons you install on your browser to block Google from tracking you, the easier it becomes for Google to identify you.
then there is toolbar hell

MV/Liberace!

Fred Lorz won the 1904 Olympic marathon because he drove 11 miles of it.

Mike Nash, a Microsoft VP, was unable to install Windows Vista on his laptop.

The General

Quote from: wr250 on August 05, 2014, 07:25:22 PM
then there is toolbar hell

Holy shit, it looks like my mom's computer.

The General

Quote from: MV on August 06, 2014, 02:11:04 PM
Mike Nash, a Microsoft VP, was unable to install Windows Vista on his laptop.

I hope he had to call some Mumbai based tech support center.