• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Steve Warner's Dark City

Started by bateman, October 27, 2013, 03:54:49 PM

bateman

Quote from: bateman on February 02, 2014, 11:45:19 AM
Here it is. SoundCloud was being a seeyounexttuesday last night.

Darkweekend.com

Hour 1 of 2 with David Jacobs is on SoundCloud now too.

HorrorRetro

I listened to the exorcist episode last night.  It was interesting. I had to laugh about the new politically correct Rites of Exorcism not working.  ;D

b_dubb

Quote from: bateman on February 02, 2014, 11:45:19 AM
Here it is. SoundCloud was being a seeyounexttuesday last night.

Darkweekend.com
Cool. I was wondering if I'd ever hear this interview.

bateman

Quote from: HorrorRetro on February 03, 2014, 01:51:57 PM
I listened to the exorcist episode last night.  It was interesting. I had to laugh about the new politically correct Rites of Exorcism not working.  ;D

The idea of a polite exorcism is kind of hilarious.

Heather Wade

Quote from: bateman on February 03, 2014, 09:07:36 PM
The idea of a polite exorcism is kind of hilarious.

Yeah, I found that oddly hilarious too.  Another classy show, bateman. 

Going to listen to your interview with David Jacobs...  8)

BobGrau

Particularly enjoyed the exorcism episode, Father Mike is the most cheerfully down-to-earth psychic warrior for the Lord I've ever heard... and there's been a few.

Chine

The interview with Fr. Mike is an area of interest of mine and so excited. I've read and studied on exorcisms, etc for years. Interesting as I just got done watching American Horror Story season 2 Asylum. What a brilliant season which delved into mental illness, struggle in psyche/morals, evil, Catholicism, exorcisms, etc.  Father Malachi Martin's book "Hostage to the Devil" is one of my favorites. I think I have an entire book collection and films on the subject matter.

I just got back home from being out of town visiting family til I fly out again. I'm going to listen today as I drink Pinot Noir while I work on a wine painting for a wine bar in LA.

gbneely

Just finished with the last two offerings and they're both outstanding efforts. I wonder if there would be any chance to interview the police chief who described Latoya's house as a "portal to hell," as well as any other professionals who dealt with the case. It was an absolutely amazing story.
I also loved how you led David Jacobs through the alien abduction story. It's nice to hear a prepared host do a well thought out interview, and adapt the questions according to the answers given by the guest. I was wondering if you could tell us how much time you spend preparing for a show on average?

Again, great effort and it's evident your skills are being honed with every interview. 

area51drone

Bateman, what's the music at 25:20 in the Maginot show?  I don't know if you want to, but I would love it if you posted the titles of the bumper music on your site.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: area51drone on February 04, 2014, 12:28:32 PM
Bateman, what's the music at 25:20 in the Maginot show?  I don't know if you want to, but I would love it if you posted the titles of the bumper music on your site.

That was the Smiths: How soon is now? The great Johnny Marr on guitar, the wrist slittingly depressing Morrisey on vocals, both from Manchester.

area51drone

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 04, 2014, 12:36:17 PM

That was the Smiths: How soon is now? The great Johnny Marr on guitar, the wrist slittingly depressing Morrisey on vocals, both from Manchester.

No, it's the song right after that, just after the 77WABC announcement. The time is correct, 25:20.  I think it's a cover of crazy train?

Ms. C

Quote from: gbneely on February 04, 2014, 12:20:15 PM
I wonder if there would be any chance to interview the police chief who described Latoya's house as a "portal to hell," as well as any other professionals who dealt with the case.

I agree ... it would be so interesting to get more in depth learning about this story; I shared with a co-worker and she enjoyed as much as I did.

I look very forward to hearing part 2 of David Jacobs.  This was an excellent show also; just one little comment ... I was surprised at how it cut off at the end ... perhaps it is just me, I kinda like hearing you at end of show ... perhaps letting audience know that part 2 would be coming soon.

Thank you for all your hard work ... you definitely are a professional!

b_dubb

Re: David Jacobs .... I think alien abduction is all nonsense. 

bateman

Just finished with the last two offerings and they're both outstanding efforts. I wonder if there would be any chance to interview the police chief who described Latoya's house as a "portal to hell," as well as any other professionals who dealt with the case.

If people want more of this story, yeah, I'd be happy to track these people down.

I also loved how you led David Jacobs through the alien abduction story. It's nice to hear a prepared host do a well thought out interview, and adapt the questions according to the answers given by the guest. I was wondering if you could tell us how much time you spend preparing for a show on average?

Yeah, it drives me crazy when a host doesn't give you the proper background. As I mentioned in the interview, I wanted to run through the "typical" scenario & pause when necessary for further explanation. As far as prep time, I'd say 2-3 hours for each hour.

Again, great effort and it's evident your skills are being honed with every interview. 

Thanks. I deconstruct these shows like I'm taking apart a Swiss watch.

bateman

Quote from: area51drone on February 04, 2014, 04:28:01 PM
No, it's the song right after that, just after the 77WABC announcement. The time is correct, 25:20.  I think it's a cover of crazy train?

That would be this charming ditty.

http://youtu.be/sxkSpYhdDo0

bateman

Quote from: Ms. C on February 04, 2014, 06:16:38 PM
I agree ... it would be so interesting to get more in depth learning about this story; I shared with a co-worker and she enjoyed as much as I did.

I look very forward to hearing part 2 of David Jacobs.  This was an excellent show also; just one little comment ... I was surprised at how it cut off at the end ... perhaps it is just me, I kinda like hearing you at end of show ... perhaps letting audience know that part 2 would be coming soon.

Thank you for all your hard work ... you definitely are a professional!

Yeah, it was just that it was the only logical edit point around 1 hour in, unfortunately.

Thank yeeww for the kind words, as always.

cweb

Quote from: Chine on February 04, 2014, 10:22:41 AM
The interview with Fr. Mike is an area of interest of mine and so excited. I've read and studied on exorcisms, etc for years. Interesting as I just got done watching American Horror Story season 2 Asylum. What a brilliant season which delved into mental illness, struggle in psyche/morals, evil, Catholicism, exorcisms, etc. 
It really was a great season! I too kept thinking about American Horror Story during the show with Father Mike. When he basically said that if you have the demon's name, you've got it in your sights, I thought "wow, those folks in Briarcliff sucked!"

Quote from: bateman on February 04, 2014, 07:31:11 PM

If people want more of this story, yeah, I'd be happy to track these people down.

Yeah I'd like to third this. Interviewing other eyewitnesses to these events is a fantastic idea.

As usual, the latest shows were great and very interesting as well. However, I have to say both of these guests raised red flags for me. I really hate the way Jacobs brushes off questions that are critical of his work or come from a skeptical viewpoint. I think in pretty much every instance where a probing question was asked there was a snort and an answer in the spirit that it was an ignorant thing to suggest even if the question was very reasonable. I'm left thinking that Jacobs probably reinforces a lot of the traumas that he attempts to uncover.

bateman

This cannot be a coincidence.

QuoteUpcoming shows

Thu 02-06  ET Contacts & Black Projects
James Carman | Lyn Buchanan

Heather Wade

Quote from: bateman on February 05, 2014, 10:06:21 PM

W.T.F.?!?  I didn't think there was a way to have less care or respect for the 'host that will not be named on this thread'.  *sigh*  Did it to Art, and now you.

I'd hate him, but that just might give more power to the black voodoo altar he sacrifices chickens and pizza rolls to every night.   >:(

FallenSeraph

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat the hell?

GET YOUR OWN GUESTS, GEORGE!

Wow. I'm speechless. (ish)

bateman

I also got what I thought was a weird email the other day, someone asking where I post upcoming show topics. Nowhere, fucko. Everything's embargoed from here on out.

gbneely

That's fucked up! Damned douchebags.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: bateman on February 05, 2014, 10:22:20 PM
I also got what I thought was a weird email the other day, someone asking where I post upcoming show topics. Nowhere, fucko. Everything's embargoed from here on out.

Or post a list of fake guests. Oh wait, didn't Art actually have to DO that? Post nonsense for a while? WOW.

This is what happens when you have a show run by a bunch of burn-outs who don't even care about the subject matter. They can't even think for themselves and get their own guests. Get some new producers, C2C. I'm not going to ask for a new host because George obviously has the goat pictures.

Damn, that is sleazy.

Seriously, create a fake future guest with a fabulous bio. Give him/her a fake LinkedIn profile. See for yourself how this goes down. Hell, if you can fabricate a whole fake cable customer ((starts laughing)), then this should be no problem. They picked the wrong person to screw with. Don't forget to record the calls from Lisa Lyons Lonehood or Tommy or whoever, too. That would prove to everyone that they barely even research their guests. They just steal them.

bateman

The upside is this: because the show isn't posted yet, they can't steal any of my questions for 3x5 cards.

Heather Wade

Quote from: bateman on February 05, 2014, 10:22:20 PM

I want to stop thinking about this, and I can't.  He (or some premrat minion) is listening; pulling a maneuver like this is a clear statement that your young blood is a threat.  Of course, anyone with an iq above room temp is a threat to him.

What gets me is, he did this with Dark Matter, everyone knows it, therefore the play is blown.  Yet... he continues to employ it like a child hiding behind a short curtain thinking no one can see his feet.

Looking forward to your next episode. 

Bart Ell

Welcome to the big leagues, kid.

jazmunda

Fuckers.

Tell them you're having Jazmunda on the show next week and then I'll go on Coast to Coast and relay my best fecal matter and sexploitation stories. Some of them even overlap. That's just how I roll.

bateman

I have an email out to someone who may be able to tell me what happened.

eddie dean

wow. C2c is total shit. There is simply no redemption for whats-his-mustache. Batemen, you are doing something right if broom-lip  is poaching  guests and paying attention to your show.
Congrats!