• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on January 19, 2012, 07:00:52 AM
From my experience, this is a great decision. Since I stopped drinking, I've saved lots of money. I used to buy lots of wine. Drinking it made me feel like crap afterward.

I have to agree.  My thinking ability is diminished for 2 days after just one or two drinks.  I do not imbibe, but as a nod to MV, the aliens in my avatar live on Planet Marijuana.  Everything's great, but they just roam around all day and breath the smoke.

b_dubb

I like Roku. I like Hulu+. But Hulu+ on a Roku is a nightmare. Unwatchable

Never could find appreciation in beer.  Bourbon is more my speed.  NO ice, NO additives!  Just the straight, smooth stuff.  Hmm, I can feel that stupid smile starting to plaster itself to my face now.

Frys Girl

women with mustaches. yes, you know who you are! if you have ever had a female co-worker who has one, you know what I'm talking about. even if you haven't, you can imagine what an offensive distraction it is.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Frys Girl on January 20, 2012, 06:39:16 PM
women with mustaches. yes, you know who you are! if you have ever had a female co-worker who has one, you know what I'm talking about. even if you haven't, you can imagine what an offensive distraction it is.

There's an old bag-lady type in Boston's Copley Square that has a long, gray beard. The mustache is thin...but the chin hair is absolutely disgusting, whiskers on steroids.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 20, 2012, 07:54:29 PM
          There's an old bag-lady type in Boston's Copley Square that has a long, gray beard. The mustache is thin...but the chin hair is absolutely disgusting, whiskers on steroids.
oh my gosh. hormonal for sure. still inexcusable.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Frys Girl on January 21, 2012, 04:24:37 PM
oh my gosh. hormonal for sure. still inexcusable.

Definitely hormonal...and highly mental. The bearded lady is clearly deranged. She spends hours in the library ranting and raving in fractured English.

Scruff

Quote from: Frys Girl on January 20, 2012, 06:39:16 PM
This bums me out.  I remember helping my elderly grandfather at a deli one time and the woman behind the counter had a mustache.  I remember thinking "Why are we buying meat from this person?!?!" Sad days.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Scruff on January 23, 2012, 06:50:48 PM
"Why are we buying meat from this person?!?!"

i can't think of any situation where asking this question means good things are happening.

Eddie Coyle

Credit to Ashleigh Banfield of CNN asking Dick Armey why the much of the "Tea Party" wasn't supporting Ron Paul and choosing Gingrich, since Ron Paul is clearly more in line with what the Tea Party alleges to believe in.
       The "Tea Party" was co-opted early on by Armey and other establishment GOP stalwarts and funded by Koch Brothers and company...the wonderful people who helped give us Dubya.

I don't see how Gingrich could get more than 80 electoral votes.

The General

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 24, 2012, 01:49:21 PM

Credit to Ashleigh Banfield of CNN asking Dick Armey why the much of the "Tea Party" wasn't supporting Ron Paul and choosing Gingrich, since Ron Paul is clearly more in line with what the Tea Party alleges to believe in.
       The "Tea Party" was co-opted early on by Armey and other establishment GOP stalwarts and funded by Koch Brothers and company...the wonderful people who helped give us Dubya.

I don't see how Gingrich could get more than 80 electoral votes.
If this article is true, Newt can't get enough electoral votes because he is not even on the ballot in several states.  I don't know if it's true or not.  I can't find any more info on it.

http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-washington-dc/while-newt-wins-south-carolina-paul-campaign-celebrates

In other news, whenever I hear Ashleigh Banfield's name, I can't help but think of what Michael Savage follows her name with: "the slut with glasses."

MV/Liberace!

it angers me to hear levin, hannity, limbaugh, and other "conservative" talk radio hosts ridiculing/dismissing ron paul.  he's arguably the founder of what now is referred to as the "tea party movement," and each of these talk hosts would happily blow a homeless man if it meant they could take credit for it all. 

the result of this groveling talk radio shit festival is the stealthy shifting of how the tea party movement is defined.  what started as a libertarian awakening has been co-opted and infused with typical neo-conservative thinking reinforced by hack radio mouthpieces. 

THAT'S why when you poll supposed tea party people, you're getting poor stats for paul.  the pool of "tea party" voters is so tainted that there is no longer a tea party movement at all.  it's just devolved into another useful wing of the republican party establishment designed to elect unimaginative hacks like romney. 

the gingrich surge might have SOME within the republican machine worried, but the level of concern is probably not as pronounced as you might suspect.  after all, gingrich is willing to continue bombing brown people all over the world.  he's not proposing any radical, extremist solutions to our fiscal woes despite the radical, extreme situation in which we find ourselves.  gingrich will probably sell access to government.  he will strengthen the patriot act and further ambiguate who can be called a "terrorist."  he is willing to take money from you in order to counterbalance the scourge of climate change (see pelosi commercial).  in other words, he is no conservative.  neither are the powerful men who run the republican party. 

despite what we're being told in the mainstream media, the only candidate who inspires fear among the elite is ron paul.  i don't think he can win the republican nomination, but if he runs as a third party candidate in the general i think he could easily become our next president.

Frys Girl

talk radio sucks. it's sad that i actually thought newt gingrich was a decent candidate a few months ago. i take it back. i didn't know much about him. he's insane, and his "wife" scares me.

Frys Girl

Some moron at thedailybeast.com referred to Newt Gingrich's world as "The Newtonian World." This makes me angry. Our country is full of idiots. Or maybe it always was and the Internet is just showing that because of its opportunities for free, cheap expression. If you want to be a columnist at least, be literate.

b_dubb

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on January 19, 2012, 02:03:38 AMbut, i have to say... a tall glass of guinness is really nice from time to time.
If you like Guinness try Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on January 24, 2012, 07:58:11 PM
it angers me to hear levin, hannity, limbaugh, and other "conservative" talk radio hosts ridiculing/dismissing ron paul.  he's arguably the founder of what now is referred to as the "tea party movement," and each of these talk hosts would happily blow a homeless man if it meant they could take credit for it all. 

the result of this groveling talk radio shit festival is the stealthy shifting of how the tea party movement is defined.  what started as a libertarian awakening has been co-opted and infused with typical neo-conservative thinking reinforced by hack radio mouthpieces. 

THAT'S why when you poll supposed tea party people, you're getting poor stats for paul.  the pool of "tea party" voters is so tainted that there is no longer a tea party movement at all.  it's just devolved into another useful wing of the republican party establishment designed to elect unimaginative hacks like romney. 

the gingrich surge might have SOME within the republican machine worried, but the level of concern is probably not as pronounced as you might suspect.  after all, gingrich is willing to continue bombing brown people all over the world.  he's not proposing any radical, extremist solutions to our fiscal woes despite the radical, extreme situation in which we find ourselves.  gingrich will probably sell access to government.  he will strengthen the patriot act and further ambiguate who can be called a "terrorist."  he is willing to take money from you in order to counterbalance the scourge of climate change (see pelosi commercial).  in other words, he is no conservative.  neither are the powerful men who run the republican party. 

despite what we're being told in the mainstream media, the only candidate who inspires fear among the elite is ron paul.  i don't think he can win the republican nomination, but if he runs as a third party candidate in the general i think he could easily become our next president.
A hearty "yes" to all of the above. What is now presented as "The Tea Party" are often dissociative idenity disorder douches dressed in colonial garb who want to dissolve all government, or a confederate flag waving hillbilly who "hates the niggers"...whilst not really grasping that his forebears brought "them" here, that flag he's waving imported his nightmare. It's the worst of the right wing. I don't even call them conservatives, because they aren't of an ideology other than being extraordinarily dumb-assed.

The War whores will never allow Ron Paul to be President. They'd never allow him to get a nomination, I believe the War whores have been threatened twice in the past 50 years. The first guy caught a bullet in his head in Dallas, and the second guy( Carter) was set up for humiliation with the Iranian hostage crisis/it's failed rescue and that ordeal helped sink his re-election.

In the meantime, I'll keep playing the lottery and hope to win and finally exploit that dual citizenship thing I possess.

slipstream

Quote from: Frys Girl on January 24, 2012, 08:13:58 PM
talk radio sucks. it's sad that i actually thought newt gingrich was a decent candidate a few months ago. i take it back. i didn't know much about him. he's insane, and his "wife" scares me.

Yeah, I know what you mean.  I actually heard Newt today referred to as the "tea party candidate" by someone.,..,.,.,.,.,    The tea party has now dissolved.  If only the tea party was as discerning to republicans as they are to democrats 

slipstream

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 24, 2012, 09:54:28 PM
        The War whores will never allow Ron Paul to be President. They'd never allow him to get a nomination, I believe the War whores have been threatened twice in the past 50 years. The first guy caught a bullet in his head in Dallas, and the second guy( Carter) was set up for humiliation with the Iranian hostage crisis/it's failed rescue and that ordeal helped sink his re-election.

It was Jimmy Carter that began the United States of America's involvement in Afghanistan.  He was a war whore.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: slipstream on January 25, 2012, 07:24:32 AM

It was Jimmy Carter that began the United States of America's involvement in Afghanistan.  He was a war whore.

This is true to an extent, Brzezinski was meddling in that part of the world a year before the Soviets invaded, but the aid to the mujahideen increased exponentionally in 1981-83, especially with the Saudis, who were far more copperative with Reagan than Carter. But every President from Truman to Reagan had a "Commie" fixation and threw endless money and resources into the Cold War. Where I give Carter credit is that he realized there were two sides in the Middle East conflict, unlike most of his predecessors and successors. He actually tried the peace thing instead of the war approach...
           And JFK put troops in Vietnam, the Dominican...so every president we've had in at least the last 80 years have been War Whores, but to varying extents. The worst being LBJ and Bush 43.

slipstream

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 25, 2012, 09:29:36 AM
           This is true to an extent, Brzezinski was meddling in that part of the world a year before the Soviets invaded, but the aid to the mujahideen increased exponentionally in 1981-83, especially with the Saudis, who were far more copperative with Reagan than Carter. But every President from Truman to Reagan had a "Commie" fixation and threw endless money and resources into the Cold War. Where I give Carter credit is that he realized there were two sides in the Middle East conflict, unlike most of his predecessors and successors. He actually tried the peace thing instead of the war approach...
           And JFK put troops in Vietnam, the Dominican...so every president we've had in at least the last 80 years have been War Whores, but to varying extents. The worst being LBJ and Bush 43.
From global research:
Question: The former director of the CIA, Robert Gates, stated in his memoirs ["From the Shadows"], that American intelligence services began to aid the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan 6 months before the Soviet intervention. In this period you were the national security adviser to President Carter. You therefore played a role in this affair. Is that correct?

Brzezinski: Yes. According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahadeen began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan, 24 Dec 1979. But the reality, secretly guarded until now, is completely otherwise Indeed, it was July 3, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the president in which I explained to him that in my opinion this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention.

b_dubb

Why does the Random thread keep getting hijacked by politics?

BobGrau

Quote from: b_dubb on January 27, 2012, 12:55:26 PM
Why does the Random thread keep getting hijacked by politics?

Agreed. Too much Stupid, not enough Random.

slipstream

Quote from: BobGrau on January 27, 2012, 01:01:04 PM
Agreed. Too much Stupid, not enough Random.

I was thinking the same thing actually.  We need a politics only thread again.

Now for something random:

Squash is a food I'll eat on occasion.

I really hate when the SWTOR servers go down... :'(

Frys Girl

I've always wondered: are there any black people on this forum?