• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Music

Started by RealCool Daddio, April 24, 2011, 10:21:45 PM

Taaroa

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 20, 2019, 08:51:53 PM
>shits on kpop and posts 90's anime music

Sir, I would ask that someone using a waifu from a 90s anime as their avatar give 90s anime the respect that it deserves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txpPXkSvX_I

AZZERAE

Quote from: Roswells, Art on June 04, 2019, 04:06:17 AM
That's a good song. You might like this cover:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRD0ghlFSgk

He also does other good stuff you might like:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYYRH4apXDo

You're a Bowie fan!

Both Manson and Trent Reznor (my favourite artist of all time) have been heavily influenced by him. Each and every one of their albums have been derivative of Bowie's work in some way.

In fact, Reznor has been accused of "ripping off" the theme of A Warm Place from Bowie's single Crystal Japan.

Trent himself recognized the accidental musical similarity in a joint interview with Bowie.

Below is an excerpt from the interview:

Reznor: There was one point when we were doing the record that I came up with this melody and I thought, "this is really good," and that I couldn't have written it myself. So I played it for Flood and he said "that's really good," and I said "that's gotta be somebody else's song."

Bowie: It's from a gin advert I did in Japan!

Reznor: So I played it for a couple other people and said "I think this is something off Low, this just sounds familiar...I don't know what it is." So we did it, record's out, & one day I was talking on the phone and I got Scary Monsters, which came out on Rykodisc finally. And so I put that on and it's got bonus tracks at the end. And I'm listening and this song comes on that, to my horror, it's the same...Crystal Japan.

Taaroa

Quote from: AZZERAE on June 04, 2019, 05:19:13 AM
You're a Bowie fan!

Both Manson and Trent Reznor (my favourite artist of all time) have been heavily influenced by him. Each and every one of their albums have been derivative of Bowie's work in some way.

In fact, Reznor has been accused of "ripping off" the theme of A Warm Place from Bowie's single Crystal Japan.

Trent himself recognized the accidental musical similarity in a joint interview with Bowie.

Below is an excerpt from the interview:

Reznor: There was one point when we were doing the record that I came up with this melody and I thought, "this is really good," and that I couldn't have written it myself. So I played it for Flood and he said "that's really good," and I said "that's gotta be somebody else's song."

Bowie: It's from a gin advert I did in Japan!

Reznor: So I played it for a couple other people and said "I think this is something off Low, this just sounds familiar...I don't know what it is." So we did it, record's out, & one day I was talking on the phone and I got Scary Monsters, which came out on Rykodisc finally. And so I put that on and it's got bonus tracks at the end. And I'm listening and this song comes on that, to my horror, it's the same...Crystal Japan.

The ads in question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VkVowfxU1U

MV/Liberace!

These boys are the grandsons of Beach Boys legend Brian Wilson.  Kinda cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks13FxmA8ts

Jojo

Adorable kids.  Violent game!

AZZERAE

Nice to see ya, Starr...how ya doin', pal?