• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Martinez Tonight

Started by SergeantMajor, January 24, 2017, 01:07:16 AM

Corona Kitty

I tried listening but tuned out, as soon as I heard a British accent.

chefist

Quote from: paladin1991 on August 29, 2017, 01:47:34 AM
No recording?  https://youtu.be/3eVEivmmDpI

We will have these pop up shows from time to time...no recording...just old school radio where if you don't catch it...POOF...it's gone...

It was an enjoyable show.  You've got some chops Chefist, a talent.  Really enjoyed the Vietnam era soundtrack.   :D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: username on August 29, 2017, 02:51:55 PM
I tried listening but tuned out, as soon as I heard a British accent.

Me too. Dreadful. >:(

chefist

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on August 29, 2017, 03:21:24 PM
It was an enjoyable show.  You've got some chops Chefist, a talent.  Really enjoyed the Vietnam era soundtrack.   :D

Thanks....but, shit...I forgot to play, "The End" by the Doors...well, next time.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: chefist on August 29, 2017, 03:56:44 PM
Thanks....but, shit...I forgot to play, "The End" by the Doors...well, next time.

Music used in program features; First, Adagio for strings (Samuel Barber_)...and then The End. From memory it was about 1988 ish

https://youtu.be/EXLrU25gRwQ

chefist

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 29, 2017, 04:03:43 PM

Music used in program features; First, Adagio for strings (Samuel Barber_)...and then The End. From memory it was about 1988 ish

https://youtu.be/WlAiR545MzE

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: chefist on August 29, 2017, 04:26:38 PM
https://youtu.be/WlAiR545MzE

This is the the thing of the Top Gear feature...It was the demise of the Jaguar XJ12 and the Daimler Double six; Same engine, different name and the Daimler has the fluted grille. Clarkson implied he was driving the Jag, but as we can see its a Daimler..

I'll get me coat.   :-\

chefist

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 29, 2017, 04:38:48 PM

This is the the thing of the Top Gear feature...It was the demise of the Jaguar XJ12 and the Daimler Double six; Same engine, different name and the Daimler has the fluted grille. Clarkson implied he was driving the Jag, but as we can see its a Daimler..

I'll get me coat.   :-\

I want British autos to be British...I want US to be US, and German and so forth...each had their unique qualities, for good or ill...that's what made it all so much fun. I was never one for, "which was best?"...that's complete bullshit...I have 3 old US cars with over 150,000 miles each, and still run fantastically...I'm sure a Brit or German would say the same...

Cars are culture...I'm not going to say one is better than another...I love them all...though I might not buy them all...lol

Quote from: chefist on August 28, 2017, 09:25:24 PM
3 HOURS OF FUN! THANKS ALL FOR JOINING IN.

THERE WAS NO RECORDING...YOU MISSED A CLASSIC!

STARR, STEVE AND DAMON...AWESOME...FUN TIMES.

SEE YOU ALL NEXT SUNDAY!

Well Pooh Bears...... Was still on vacation so I missed it.    :'(

starrmtn001

Quote from: chefist on August 28, 2017, 09:25:24 PM
3 HOURS OF FUN! THANKS ALL FOR JOINING IN.

THERE WAS NO RECORDING...YOU MISSED A CLASSIC!

STARR, STEVE AND DAMON...AWESOME...FUN TIMES.

SEE YOU ALL NEXT SUNDAY!

I'm surprised brig didn't record it.  She's usually good for stuff like that.  But then I didn't record the chat log either, this time, so there's that.  Guess we both flucked up, lol. ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: chefist on August 29, 2017, 05:54:22 PM
I want British autos to be British...I want US to be US, and German and so forth...each had their unique qualities, for good or ill...that's what made it all so much fun. I was never one for, "which was best?"...that's complete bullshit...I have 3 old US cars with over 150,000 miles each, and still run fantastically...I'm sure a Brit or German would say the same...

Cars are culture...I'm not going to say one is better than another...I love them all...though I might not buy them all...lol

The Daimler and the Jag were built in the same factory in Coventry. AFAIK The chassis and bodies that were to be Daimlers went down one line to have plusher upholstery and (I think) slightly more pliant suspension and of course the fluted shiny bits; The Jags down the other. The engine power outputs were identical. The V12's in the XJ12 and Double Six's were fuel injected and identical.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 29, 2017, 06:14:18 PM

The Daimler and the Jag were built in the same factory in Coventry. AFAIK The chassis and bodies that were to be Daimlers went down one line to have plusher upholstery and (I think) slightly more pliant suspension and of course the fluted shiny bits; The Jags down the other. The engine power outputs were identical. The V12's in the XJ12 and Double Six's were fuel injected and identical.

You'd make a good co-host. ;D

chefist

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on August 29, 2017, 06:03:53 PM
Well Pooh Bears...... Was still on vacation so I missed it.    :'(

Sorry, brother...and the chat names were amazing! ha!

chefist

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 29, 2017, 06:09:13 PM
I'm surprised brig didn't record it.  She's usually good for stuff like that.  But then I didn't record the chat log either, this time, so there's that.  Guess we both flucked up, lol. ;D

I could have...just didn't want to. Then I realized...we should do that from time to time...

chefist

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 29, 2017, 06:14:18 PM

I loved the old Jags...the style was excellent. I wanted one as a kid. But like the US, style went the way of the dodo. Man, those old Jags had great design.

My favorite mod, or "Maude"...lol

WhiteCrow

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 29, 2017, 06:09:13 PM
The Martinez Mothers chose discretion instead of valor.  Nice job bellas

starrmtn001

Quote from: WhiteCrow on August 29, 2017, 07:23:00 PM
The Martinez Mothers chose discretion instead of valor.  Nice job bellas
They must live in California.

bateman

Quote from: chefist on August 29, 2017, 07:13:41 PM
I loved the old Jags...the style was excellent. I wanted one as a kid. But like the US, style went the way of the dodo. Man, those old Jags had great design.

My favorite mod, or "Maude"...lol

XKSS FTW

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: bateman on August 29, 2017, 09:44:59 PM
XKSS FTW

I had a toy Jag like this as a kid. It was always one of my favourites. Why don't they make cars this curvaceous anymore?!

That was nuts Chefist.  Thanks a million.  Hopefully you left a little in the tank for the next formal episode.

chefist

A 4 hour 40 minute extravaganza tonight folks! Thanks everyone for joining!

Oh, there are rumors we have recordings of tonight's pirate show, and the other from 3 days ago....stay tuned...and!

This Sunday!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: chefist on August 31, 2017, 09:34:48 PM
A 4 hour 40 minute extravaganza tonight folks! Thanks everyone for joining!

Oh, there are rumors we have recordings of tonight's pirate show, and the other from 3 days ago....stay tuned...and!

This Sunday!

Great fun.. I think Laura recorded some of it.

chefist

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 31, 2017, 09:37:41 PM
Great fun.. I think Laura recorded some of it.

Lolz...seems like the "pirated" last two episodes will be made available here soon.  ;D