• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

b_dubb

listening to Knapp's recent Cold Fusion show ... he's taking waaayyy too long with this kid who wants to be a radio show host.  ffuuuuuckkk that is dull

Fly By Night

Knapp is the man. 8) With that said- He will need to work on some things. Mostly, he seems to really have a strong intrest in UFOs, and like me will have to find an intrest in other topics besides UFOs and ghosts. If I was the host of C2C it would be all ghosts/ UFOs. I think Knapp would like that too, but unfortunately some people seem to need an alex jones fix

Scully

Quote from: Fly By Night on April 23, 2011, 08:59:03 PM
If I was the host of C2C it would be all ghosts/ UFOs. I think Knapp would like that too, but unfortunately some people seem to need an alex jones fix

Screw the dolts who need an Alex Jones fix!!!!!!!  >:(

Fly By Night

;)Scully, I needed that fix! Thanks!!!

Usagi

Quote from: Scully on April 23, 2011, 10:01:06 PM

Cheers!

anagrammy

George talked a lot about how hard it is to do the C2C host job and how much he admires those folks who do it day in and day out, like George Noory and formerly Art Bell.  I believe this is a message to those of us who have been saying how much we'd like him to take the helm as the main host.

Why have a main host?  Maybe that idea could be thrown down and looked at.  Why not have several and get away from a personality cult like what happened with Art?

Just sayin'

Anagrammy

George sucks

Quote from: Fly By Night on April 23, 2011, 08:59:03 PM
Knapp is the man. 8) With that said- He will need to work on some things. Mostly, he seems to really have a strong intrest in UFOs, and like me will have to find an intrest in other topics besides UFOs and ghosts. If I was the host of C2C it would be all ghosts/ UFOs. I think Knapp would like that too, but unfortunately some people seem to need an alex jones fix

Yes. I doubt he would even be interested in UFO's if Bob Lazar hadn't dragged him out in the desert that night. Although he was pursuing a story at the time and was getting lots of info and leads from different channels and people about Area 51. A good story considering he was in Vegas. But I don't know that he was prepared for the whole UFO thing. Now that a "UFO" is in his thesaurus of life experiences though, he can relate.

Quote from: Scully on April 23, 2011, 10:01:06 PM

Yeah I second this. Art never had him on, Jones only started coming on the show once George took over. Before that time no one in the audience needed "an Alex Jones fix".

EvB

Quote from: b_dubb on April 23, 2011, 08:52:34 PM
listening to Knapp's recent Cold Fusion show ... he's taking waaayyy too long with this kid who wants to be a radio show host.  ffuuuuuckkk that is dull

Didn't hear it - so I'll take your word it was dull.  But I gotta give Knapp props for taking the time to be supportive of a kid with dreams.

Scully

Quote from: anagrammy on April 24, 2011, 12:44:56 AM
George talked a lot about how hard it is to do the C2C host job and how much he admires those folks who do it day in and day out, like George Noory and formerly Art Bell.  I believe this is a message to those of us who have been saying how much we'd like him to take the helm as the main host.
I thought the same thing, Ana.  :(

Quote from: George sucks on April 24, 2011, 02:54:19 AM
Yes. I doubt he would even be interested in UFO's if Bob Lazar hadn't dragged him out in the desert that night. Although he was pursuing a story at the time and was getting lots of info and leads from different channels and people about Area 51. A good story considering he was in Vegas. But I don't know that he was prepared for the whole UFO thing. Now that a "UFO" is in his thesaurus of life experiences though, he can relate.

Have you read "Hunt for the Skinwalker," co-authored by Knapp? I recommend it.  Knapp has an extraordinary amount of personal experience with the paranormal.   :)

anagrammy

Speaking of Knapp having experiences with the paranormal.... did you catch that bit where he was talking to a UFO guy about the reptilians having skin "like the armpit of an iguana"? 

Who gets close enough to a reptilian to make such a fine distinction? 

"Nah, it wasn't that coarse scaley stuff they have on their sides, of course not, I mean the very fine scales, you know, like under the armpit like you get a peek of when they're on the pole at the bar."

Anagrammy

b_dubb

once i had a layover at the Denver Airport.  i had a lot of time on my hands.  so naturally i snuck into the underground ufo base underneath the airport.  and drank some beers with the reptilians.  good "guys".  but i got too drunk and missed my plane.  d'oh

Bounder

Beautiful airport, Denver.  I like what those space iguanas have done with the place.

One of the things that sweetens the listening experience for me, when Knapp's at the wheel: geography.  He's near to the original "kingdom of Nye."  The high desert.  The great American southwest. 

I should probably post this somewhere else as it's a bit disjunctive here, but: anyone else slightly weirded out by Bell's amorous migration to "the land of 7,000 islands"?  It's the one little wrinkle in his bio that I can't quite reconcile with the man.  Pursuit of happiness, I guess.

I like George Knapp as much as the next guy.  His Jacques Vallee interview a few months back is in the top 10 coast shows ever.

But this recent open lines show stunk.

Not sure who blew it on the guest, the producers or the host, but he was lousy, and full of it - no credible evidence, no science, etc., etc.  George called him on it a bit, but have well been a show about leprichuans, or a guy who thinks he's a horse.

Whether you like him or not, Ian is the best open lines host after Art.

Usagi

Tonight's show...

Good host, sure to be ruined by an lame guest and topic:

Guest(s):
Maurice Cotterell

Sunday April 24, 2011

Author Maurice Cotterell joins George Knapp to explain how the Universe began and reveal the first ever pictures of God and Jesus, decoded from the treasures of ancient sun-worshiping civilizations.

Usagi

Oh, George Knapp has a screwed up foot now?

Great - he can stay home and host C2C full time!

Quote from: Usagi on April 24, 2011, 11:25:04 PM

Whuh?  Did he mention it on last night's show? Weird coincidence, hope it isn't as bad as Ian's injury.

Quote from: Usagi on April 24, 2011, 11:25:04 PM

A lame host to go along with the lame guest and topic.

Usagi

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on April 25, 2011, 02:32:06 PM
Whuh?  Did he mention it on last night's show? Weird coincidence, hope it isn't as bad as Ian's injury.

Yeah, it seems he messed up his foot (or ankle?) in Washington D.C. walking around doing interviews.  He had surgery and now he's been laid up, puttering around his house on a scooter for the last two weeks.

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on April 25, 2011, 05:04:32 PM
Nice one, Angels.

Usagi

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on April 25, 2011, 05:04:32 PM

Phooey.   The first hour last night with Knapp talking about the news and taking some open lines (with really decent callers for once!), felt like some real genuine old-time C2C.  Unfortunately, I was unable to listen to the rest.

anagrammy

Quote from: Bounder on April 24, 2011, 09:34:37 PM
Beautiful airport, Denver.  I like what those space iguanas have done with the place.

One of the things that sweetens the listening experience for me, when Knapp's at the wheel: geography.  He's near to the original "kingdom of Nye."  The high desert.  The great American southwest. 

I should probably post this somewhere else as it's a bit disjunctive here, but: anyone else slightly weirded out by Bell's amorous migration to "the land of 7,000 islands"?  It's the one little wrinkle in his bio that I can't quite reconcile with the man.  Pursuit of happiness, I guess.

It's not really incomprehensible when you realize he's always been attracted to Filipinas (Ramona was half, right?).  He was a 3x loser at marriage before he married Ramona so from his pov, it was a fluke.  He is not an easy guy to be married to and he's left a string of abandoned children and disappointed women behind him.  She dies.  Do you think he's happy to be single?  In Pahrump, Nevada? The thought of dating again probably brought him to his knees on the porch as much as the empty house!

With a child bride in the pines, he gets someone without baggage, who can help him start over.  You do not WANT to stay in the same house, or even the same state, as you were when your loved one dies.  You have to get away from the reminders because you are just shattered inside.  Show?  What show?  You're thinking a good day is one where you didn't kill yourself.  After my son died, a good day was one where I didn't cry in public--FOR WEEKS.

I totally understand him changing up the scenery as much as possible.  It takes a lot of distraction to move past that level of pain.  Thank god for Asia.  She is the neosporin on Art's burned heart.  The wife seems very nice, but she's still a bundle of expectations.  A baby is a lot of work (a good thing) and heart-melting love for this perfect innocent and joyful creature, now that's healing.

He saved himself and he is obviously enjoying the relative anonymity and being enveloped by a big, loving, Philippine family-- what's he got in the U.S.?  Solitary confinement with reminders of Ramona.

Anagrammy

Usagi

Anagrammy - that was probably the most humane and realistic explanation I've read of why Art ran away to the Philippines to marry that girl.  Beyond all the jokes, judgement, and complaints... it all probably comes down to that.

I hope he's happy... and Airyn, too.

Scully

Quote from: Usagi on April 25, 2011, 05:09:19 PM
Yeah, it seems he messed up his foot (or ankle?) in Washington D.C. walking around doing interviews.  He had surgery and now he's been laid up, puttering around his house on a scooter for the last two weeks.

I believe Knapp said he was playing basketball, fell and tore some tendons in his foot. Thinking a bone was broken and not wanting a cast to keep him from going to Washington DC the next day, he ignored his pain and went.  In DC, trudging through snow for several days did further damage, which required surgery. Now he's homebound and riding around on a skateboard-like scooter which suspends one leg and has made him the subject of many hoots.  :P  I wonder if his being demobilized partly accounts for him being available as a host for 3 days in one week.

If George Noory hadn't alerted us that there are no coincidences, I would have thought it remarkable that both Knapp and Punnett damaged themselves in virtually the same way within a few months of each other. Could Noory be sticking pins in the feet of little dolls?  :o

True, true, Usagi.
That kind of pain is totally indescribable and the search for a soothing salve is sometimes, well, just a little odd to others. 

And, Anagrammy, once again your insight is phenomenal.  My heart goes out to you on the loss of your son, the wound that never totally heals.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Treading Water on April 25, 2011, 07:31:56 PM

And, Anagrammy, once again your insight is phenomenal.

Anagrammy is the real deal, somewhat of our wise elder in the room.  Ditto Aquagoat.

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 25, 2011, 08:02:13 PM
Anagrammy is the real deal, somewhat of our wise elder in the room.  Ditto Aquagoat.
Where the hell has Aquagoat been lately?  I miss that dude.

George sucks

Totally dug Sunday nights show with George Knapp. Cotterell is intriguing, and Knapp was able to keep up. Good topic + good host + good callers = kick ass.   

b_dubb

Quote from: George sucks on April 25, 2011, 10:34:16 PM
Totally dug Sunday nights show with George Knapp. Cotterell is intriguing, and Knapp was able to keep up. Good topic + good host + good callers = kick ass.   
the description sounded interesting up until they mentioned god and blah blah blah.  that's when i began to roll my eyes

George sucks

God is cool. But, yes, we all aren't interested in everything. I can listen to Cotterell, and Knapp didn't do a dive show like he did on Friday night.