• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: Catsmile on July 24, 2015, 03:17:36 PM

You bring it up ad nauseam.
It's been explained by science.
You simply reject the scientific data out of hand, and impose your belief system instead.
Don't you have some blood and body of Christ to chow on? To each their own.

Two addictions for the price of one. Can I get an amen!

No ma'am, you are wrong, as usual.

P.S. you always pull that same image from laughingatgod.com. Don't they have anything new over there?

jazmunda

Quote from: guildnavigator on July 24, 2015, 04:25:12 PM
Hey everyone, long time no post.

Where can I find a list of the upcoming guests? Or is there one?

Thanks

Welcome back mate.

Guests for the next day are being posted an hour or so after the previous days show in an attempt to stop Guest Piracy by Dave and Co.

Please report any instances at Guest Piracy to the relevant authorities.

Quote from: guildnavigator on July 24, 2015, 04:25:12 PM
Hey everyone, long time no post.

Where can I find a list of the upcoming guests? Or is there one?

Thanks

Welcome back to the jungle.

Did you happen to see the latest clip on The X Files?

slippingaway

Quote from: chefist on July 24, 2015, 02:15:25 PM
http://www.cities929.com/

92.9 in Bloomington, IL dumped C2C and put MITD on! They carry a lot of PremRat shows like Rush, Hannity and Beck...but DUMPED DAVE! LOL One of many to come me thinks!  :D

Thanks for the welcome back folks

I did see that X-Files teaser, can't wait for the six new episodes!

starrmtn001

Quote from: ItsOver on July 24, 2015, 03:43:22 PM
Ha!  And another domino falls.  Art, with The Scorpion Army, marches on.  We're coming for you, Dave!

The Scorpion Army isn't the only thing dave has to worry about.

Florida Leprosy Caused by Armadillos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6F4CX0PvvM

i'd love to see Midnight in the Desert, be on saturday and sunday nights, not with Art Hosting, he needs a break of course, who would be good hosts for a weekend MitD?

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 24, 2015, 04:56:33 PM
The Scorpion Army isn't the only thing dave has to worry about.

Florida Leprosy Caused by Armadillos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6F4CX0PvvM
Can TOOMERIC cure leprosy?

starrmtn001

Quote from: BellBoy on July 24, 2015, 03:56:16 PM
Falkie's couch?
God BellBoy, you crack me up!  BUHAA-HAA-HAAA!!! ;D ;D ;D

Queen

Quote from: CornyCrow on July 24, 2015, 03:29:17 PM
In so many ways the god of the bible is a cruel and nasty piece of work.  You'd think we'd have found a better one. 
Is faith good for a man's heart?  Perhaps.  I think it can help to keep people on a positive track.  I just wish they would not feel obliged to swallow so much myth in the process.  If something sounds implausible to you, and you have not experienced it, why believe it?  And, for heaven's sake, don't try to force others to live by your concept of what life should be.  As long as they are not harming others, it's none of your business.  Keep it to yourself.  If your religion were so great, folks would flock to you, asking you the secret of such a beautiful life.

I dont think the God of the bible is crule at all. Never seen in scripture where he was crule.

eddie dean

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 24, 2015, 03:54:32 PM
Tonight I am listening to open lines from the planetary capital of fun, sun, sex, and secrets!  :-X

George Knapp's House?  :P

careful of the Sciroccos

GravitySucks

Quote from: NIN on July 24, 2015, 05:14:02 PM
I dont think the God of the bible is crule at all. Never seen in scripture where he was crule.
The whole Job and Jonah sagas were pretty tough. I'm a Christian, but there are some stories in the old testament that are pretty shocking. Sure a theologian will say that God was being righteous or leaving man to suffer the consequences of free choice, but what in the world does any of this have to deal with Art Frikken Bell???

SaucyRossy

Quote from: chefist on July 24, 2015, 02:15:25 PM
http://www.cities929.com/

92.9 in Bloomington, IL dumped C2C and put MITD on! They carry a lot of PremRat shows like Rush, Hannity and Beck...but DUMPED DAVE! LOL One of many to come me thinks!  :D

The first of many independent stations that will do this.

Queen

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 24, 2015, 05:20:31 PM
The whole Job and Jonah sagas were pretty tough. I'm a Christian, but there are some stories in the old testament that are pretty shocking. Sure a theologian will say that God was being righteous or leaving man to suffer the consequences of free choice, but what in the world does any of this have to deal with Art Frikken Bell???

Whats wrong with saying god is testing someones love for him?

Thats the whole purpose do we love god or are we just selfish.

Freyja

Quote from: Lochness_Hamster on July 24, 2015, 04:57:30 PM
i'd love to see Midnight in the Desert, be on saturday and sunday nights, not with Art Hosting, he needs a break of course, who would be good hosts for a weekend MitD?

I would love the show to be 7 days a week also, however that said, I think it's too early.

Art needs to get MITD M-F off to a good solid start first as he is doing and then think about a potential guest host on the weekends IMHO. It has to be the right host ...one who can keep the feel and energy of Art's show. At the moment I can't think of anyone who could step into those shoes except Art and that is too much to ask and likely not doable.

It truly is unfortunate that Art doesn't have rights to his old shows or his old Dreamland shows. "The best of Art Bell" running on weekends would be a great alternative to a guest host IMO. 

albrecht

For weekend host I would say Bateman (with his 'Dark City") or Howard Hughes. Or replay the "best" of the previous weeks' shows? Maybe as voted on by listeners? Yeah, it would've been cool to have a blast-from-the-past of vintage Art but the paralegals will not allow that.

IcicleTrepan

isn't there still a big announcement we haven't heard yet?  I might be wrong though.

CornyCrow

Quote from: jazmunda on July 24, 2015, 04:34:27 PM
Welcome back mate.

Guests for the next day are being posted an hour or so after the previous days show in an attempt to stop Guest Piracy by Dave and Co.

Please report any instances at Guest Piracy to the relevant authorities.
It's probably too earl for this comment, but it seems to me that whenever Art goes to the phones, among the first few are dead air.  It's as though someone is trying to play games.  Ok, I don't know how early they start calling and maybe they are just tired of hanging on - just an observation. 

CornyCrow

Quote from: Lochness_Hamster on July 24, 2015, 04:58:20 PM
Can TOOMERIC cure leprosy?
I read somewhere that it can be beneficial to Alzheimer's.  Maybe Dave is affected?  He seems not to have a good handle on facts.  If you cannot remember facts, how do you theorize properly so you can ask good questions? 

GravitySucks

Quote from: NIN on July 24, 2015, 05:27:01 PM
Whats wrong with saying god is testing someones love for him?

Thats the whole purpose do we love god or are we just selfish.
So Job's family gets killed to see if Job really loves God. Kind of a cruel test if you are going to stick with that argument.

CornyCrow

Quote from: NIN on July 24, 2015, 05:14:02 PM
In the bible, he says he is jealous many times.  THis means there are others to be jealous of and he's insecure.  He wipes out entire villages.  He makes racist comments.  He has poor communication skills, having to strike people with plagues rather than reasoning with them.  In Eden, maybe the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is taught wrong.  Maybe the bible actually means what it says, god does not want people to have KNOWLEDGE.  How about the really screwed up thing of asking a man to kill his child?  It's like the spoiled wife saying 'If ya loved me, you'd buy me that necklace'. 
        We already have too many people on the globe to support everyone the way they want - with the American middle class lifestyle.  Should we really be multiplying so much? 
         It takes a lot of courage to examine the brainwashing that religion did to you.  A child is often brainwashed by religion.  Is that fair?  To bombard a kid with bull when he is too young to have the logical answers to it all?  When he trusts adults to be truthful with him - and here you are, lying? 
         My biggest complaint, though, is that some people go through horrible suffering and pray, and this same s.o.b. god does not answer their prayers. 
          I am not saying there is not a spiritual element to life.  There is.  But it in no way follows that there is a god or that the fairy tales we are taught as children are in any way true.  Try to understand reality in your own way in life, find out truth yourself.  Try understanding other religions as well as those who have no religion at all.  For goodness' sake, do not discredit science.   

someguy

someone tell art bell to put some Pogues in the bumper music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc1G7aCpSsI

paladin1991

Quote from: No Quarter on July 24, 2015, 02:22:50 PM
Oh, that's hilarious!

Here's to many, many more!
(As a human being with at least a modicum of compassion for my fellow humans, shouldn't I feel guilty about this??   :-\    )

No.  No, you shouldn't.

Art Bell

Hi everybody, open lines tonight! Also a Time traveler special line. I have not had the time do be posting because my life is now devoted to the show, it does not mean I have forgotten my Brother's and Sister's here on Bell Gab. It just means I have not so much life left! Stop asking for four Hours and seven days, remember I am 70 now.

Art

You sound great, Art! Just like the old times. You haven't missed a beat. Will you have Richard on as a guest? I know he has his own show, but I love the dynamic between you two when you are together.

BellBoy

Quote from: Art Bell on July 24, 2015, 06:33:42 PM
Stop asking for four Hours and seven days, remember I am 70 now.

Art

One hour, one day a week would be enough for me, Art (just enough to get my fix)

pyewacket

Quote from: Art Bell on July 24, 2015, 06:33:42 PM
Hi everybody, open lines tonight! Also a Time traveler special line. I have not had the time do be posting because my life is now devoted to the show, it does not mean I have forgotten my Brother's and Sister's here on Bell Gab. It just means I have not so much life left! Stop asking for four Hours and seven days, remember I am 70 now.

Art

And stay off his lawn!!!  ;D

Queen

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 24, 2015, 05:53:43 PM
So Job's family gets killed to see if Job really loves God. Kind of a cruel test if you are going to stick with that argument.

Thats a human point of view not a God point of view

Zenman

Quote from: ItsOver on July 24, 2015, 03:43:22 PM
Ha!  And another domino falls.  Art, with The Scorpion Army, marches on.  We're coming for you, Dave!

"Clear the battlefield and let us see
All the profit from our victory...."
- Greg Lake

nika01

Quote from: someguy on July 24, 2015, 06:04:46 PM
someone tell art bell to put some Pogues in the bumper music!

God I love your cupcake, or whatever the hell that is. I want a T shirt with that on it