• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Account deletion

Started by yumyumtree, May 03, 2017, 10:34:15 PM

yumyumtree

I noticed that deleting accounts is not possible. A ny special reason for that?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: yumyumtree on May 03, 2017, 10:34:15 PM

Yep.  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhSW9vDTRyY

yumyumtree

This means if somebody dies, people cleaning up their affairs can't delete the account even with the password. Far be it from me to tell them how to run the forum, but I wonder if this was well thought out.

mikuthing01

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you.

Quote from: mikuthing01🇯🇵🗾🗼🎋🌸🐙🐲🐼 on May 03, 2017, 10:46:50 PM
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you.

mikuthing01

Quote from: yumyumtree on May 03, 2017, 10:46:06 PM
This means if somebody dies, people cleaning up their affairs can't delete the account even with the password. Far be it from me to tell them how to run the forum, but I wonder if this was well thought out.

Dead people give no fucks

and give up the prospects of blackmail? are you crazy?

Lilith

I like the idea that all bellgabbers will forever be a part of our history, for thousands and thousands of years.

K_Dubb

Quote from: brig on May 03, 2017, 10:59:03 PM
I like the idea that all bellgabbers will forever be a part of our history, for thousands and thousands of years.

Our art, our memes, our poems, our thoughtâ€"
Just look at us, how fine are we!
Preserved forever, not forgot,
In objects large and binary.

yumyumtree

As I said, the people who run the forum get to do it as they see fit.

GravitySucks

Quote from: yumyumtree on May 03, 2017, 11:15:32 PM
As I said, the people who run the forum get to do it as they see fit.

Someday, MV's youngest daughter might see fit to change the rules.

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 03, 2017, 11:17:22 PM
Someday, MV's youngest daughter might see fit to change the rules.

eyup. it will happen about the time she posts on the forum and most replies made will point out to her that we payed for her diapers.

yumyumtree

Speaking of MV, where is he? I never see his posts  anymore.

Quote from: yumyumtree on May 03, 2017, 11:23:56 PM

He posts under this variation of his name.

http://bellgab.com/profile/?u=1

GravitySucks

He did a Radio Trainwreck Monday night. He bops in every once in awhile.

Mostly to say heh heh.

mikuthing01

Bargain hunting at Sears

mikuthing01

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 03, 2017, 11:25:58 PM
He did a Radio Trainwreck Monday night. He bops in every once in awhile.

Mostly to say heh heh.

yumyumtree

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 03, 2017, 11:25:35 PM
He posts under this variation of his name.

http://bellgab.com/profile/?u=1

Oh, I see. I should have figured that out.

zeebo

It does add some dramatic tension, knowing your posts stick around in perpetuity.  If I accomplish nothing else going forward, I know my Noory haikus will be forever.

Juan

It's to provide continuity.  For instance, user Shirleypal passed away several years ago.  She started several threads including the George Knapp one.  What would happen to the thread if her account were deleted.

MV/Liberace!

if someone physically dies, their bellgab account needs to be deleted? i don't follow.

whoozit

I demand that when I die and my estate contacts you, that you delete every third word of my posts.  That way my concise thought will be converted to a kind of homage to Pate.  That will preserve my dead anonymity.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: whoozit on May 04, 2017, 05:12:10 AM
I demand that when I die and my estate contacts you, that you delete every third word of my posts.  That way my concise thought will be converted to a kind of homage to Pate.  That will preserve my dead anonymity.

i think it would make more sense to start a separate website for each of your individual posts.  thoughts?

whoozit

That's it!  I will not be made fun of.  I am quitting this den of iniquity and joining the wholesome fun on the mysticstars.net forum.  I will be informing anyone that will listen to me about how horrible this place is.  You have mocked me for the last time...until I get bored and post again.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: whoozit on May 04, 2017, 05:22:16 AM
That's it!  I will not be made fun of.  I am quitting this den of iniquity and joining the wholesome fun on the mysticstars.net forum.  I will be informing anyone that will listen to me about how horrible this place is.  You have mocked me for the last time...until I get bored and post again.

Lilith

Quote from: whoozit on May 04, 2017, 05:22:16 AM

Don't forget George Sendas forum. You could always try that one too.

http://theguyfrompittsburgh.boardhost.com/

ItsOver

I don't know about a NY special reason but I'm sure MV has a MO one.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: brig on May 04, 2017, 05:47:11 AM
Don't forget George Sendas forum. You could always try that one too.

http://theguyfrompittsburgh.boardhost.com/

perhaps the most schizophrenic layout of any website i've ever encountered.

MAX

Quote from: Σ> on May 04, 2017, 04:30:20 AM
if someone physically dies, their bellgab account needs to be deleted? i don't follow.

If I die I would like my account donated to Falkie.

yumyumtree

I didn't expect this post to stimulate so much discussion. I'm glad it did, if course.

When I see something like this, I generally assume that there is some very good reason behind it that I'm not bright enough to see. I just wanted a little help, that's all.