Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

trostol

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on April 15, 2016, 09:41:30 PM
Are you sure she doesn't read Bellgab?

ha !!!! that would be great

Ms. C

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 15, 2016, 09:40:46 PM
At this point, Heather should come back to bellgab and engage with people. She shouldn't do it negatively, just engage again directly and build support.
+1

chefist

Quote from: Kolchak on April 15, 2016, 09:39:17 PM
Heather wanted to have the real John Titor on, but I shot it down because some people on Bellgab were rude.

LOL...we are the root of all evil in the universe!

coaster

Well if Heather did want out, all she would have to do is say she had a stalker. I mean, what is Art gonna do about it? call her a liar?

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 15, 2016, 09:38:44 PM
Had an Italian beef for dinner tonight with giardiniera. I told Cupcake that I had a turkey sandwich. Last night it was a "salad", which in reality was two Chicago dogs.

Good choices, but you have my permission to eat a combo.

Like Barfly, if ever faced with the situation, that would be my request for my last meal.

An old Japanese saying,,, sometimes you have to eat crow before you can eat Chicken>

chefist

At this point, Heather should come back to bellgab and engage with people. She shouldn't do it negatively, just engage again directly and build support.

We always welcome open, honest discussion...and those who check their egos at the door!

trostol

last time she did..it didnt go well lol

chefist

Quote from: coaster on April 15, 2016, 09:43:01 PM
Well if Heather did want out, all she would have to do is say she had a stalker. I mean, what is Art gonna do about it? call her a liar?

LOL....Coaster for President!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: MV on April 15, 2016, 09:35:44 PM
Also, the people you encounter on an internet forum are not your "friends".  Exchanging private messages from time to time and learning you share an affinity for Pabst does not constitute friendship... at least, not as I define it.

I make friends lots of ways .. I go back to days of usenet popularity .
Made friends there and on forums that I still do stuff with.

Been dirt biking all over the world with friends made on  Internet  forums   etc.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: trostol on April 15, 2016, 09:43:42 PM

She made the mistake of being negative and confrontational. That serves no purpose. USE Bellgab to build the audience.

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 15, 2016, 09:45:11 PM
She made the mistake of being negative and confrontational. That serves no purpose. USE Bellgab to build the audience.

Egos are a terrible thing...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WhiteCrow on April 15, 2016, 09:44:01 PM
I make friends lots of ways .. I go back to days of usenet popularity .
Made friends there and on forums that I still do stuff with.

Been dirt biking all over the world with friends made on  Internet  forums   etc.

Way to miss my point.

Lilith

Quote from: chefist on April 15, 2016, 09:43:17 PM
We always welcome open, honest discussion...and those who check their egos at the door!

I think it helps if they check their political correctness at the door as well.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: chefist on April 15, 2016, 09:45:51 PM
Egos are a terrible thing...

Egos that back other egos are even worse.

Lilith

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 15, 2016, 09:45:11 PM

That said to me, that she didn't need nor want my subscription money.  I can only speak for myself.

Quote from: trostol on April 15, 2016, 09:43:42 PM
There is an old saying beware of Greeks bearing gifts, respect the person who bows face down.

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 15, 2016, 09:46:32 PM
Egos that back other egos are even worse.

OMG that is so true...they compound the disaster!

Quote from: brig on April 15, 2016, 09:47:18 PM
That said to me, that she didn't need nor want my subscription money.  I can only speak for myself.
I might subscribe if it was changed to the Heather \wade show and dropped all references to Art Bell

Art Bell

Also, the people you encounter on an internet forum are not your "friends".  Exchanging private messages from time to time and learning you share an affinity for Pabst does not constitute friendship... at least, not as I define it.

I come to Bell Gab with no expectations and they are always satisfied. I am long past the illusion that I have many friends here.

I had nothing to do with Heather's decision to go to five hours, that was between Keith and Heather.

I speak with Keith every now and then, I advise Heather in ways she can get better at what she loves doing and beyond that have zero part of the Network. I have offered to fill in as needed, that's it.

As many of you have pointed out I am indeed old now, if the stars align in your favor, all of you will be as well.

Art

chefist

Quote from: Art Bell on April 15, 2016, 09:49:31 PM
I come to Bell Gab with no expectations and they are always satisfied. I am long past the illusion that I have many friends here.

I had nothing to do with Heather's decision to go to five hours, that was between Keith and Heather.

I speak with Keith every now and then, I advise Heather in ways she can get better at what she loves doing and beyond that have zero part of the Network. I have offered to fill in as needed, that's it.

As many of you have pointed out I am indeed old now, if the stars align in your favor, all of you will be as well.

Art

"as needed"? Well, that would be daily!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on April 15, 2016, 09:43:15 PM
An old Japanese saying,,, sometimes you have to eat crow before you can eat Chicken>

Never stop eating crow. Arrogance and protection of ego I laugh at ... makes my Bellgqb experience very enjoyable. 

Love ALL

Kolchak

Quote from: brig on April 15, 2016, 09:47:18 PM

The subscriber base is growing every day, Brig! Nothing to worry about!

Quote from: trostol on April 15, 2016, 09:41:55 PM
ha !!!! that would be great

For us.

Not so much for SciFi.

trostol

Quote from: chefist on April 15, 2016, 09:50:42 PM
"as needed"? Well, that would be daily!

pretty much..or someone is not telling the full truth

littlechris

Quote from: WhiteCrow on April 15, 2016, 09:50:43 PM
Never stop eating crow.

Lolz. Fricken WhiteCrow. Haha!

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on April 15, 2016, 09:41:30 PM
Are you sure she doesn't read Bellgab?

She knows about it but thinks it's stupid solely because I read it. I'm safe.

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 15, 2016, 09:43:03 PM
Good choices, but you have my permission to eat a combo.

Like Barfly, if ever faced with the situation, that would be my request for my last meal.

Nothing better. Chicago's food is just, yeah, it's freaking great. Not to mention all the Polish restaurants. I'm going to head to one in Rosemont that I love tomorrow night.

Well...what if I order e-cigs?

GravitySucks

I think MV logs on as Art every once in awhile just to stir stuff up so he has something to talk about on the next GABCAST.

Stranger things have happened.