Has a show ...
Has sponsors ...
Fame ...
Fortune!

Art ..... meh
"Thuh trooth!  I am thuh King of thuh Night!"

albrecht

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on April 04, 2016, 02:57:43 PM
Get ourselves a high-powered Mexican station and blast into the US.
And coke, lots of coke. We'll bring a whole new meaning to "50 MW Blowtorch".

In case you are wondering Mr G-Man, that's coke with sugar cane in it, not corn syrup.
A bit disappointed, I thought you were referring the coke that transits through Mexico from Columbia and Bolivia!

bateman

Quote from: albrecht on April 04, 2016, 05:46:17 PM
A bit disappointed, I thought you were referring the coke that transits through Mexico from Columbia and Bolivia!

A lot of it is coming by boat from the DR these days.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/23/dominican-republic-emerge_n_2533210.html

BettyO417

Quote from: trostol on April 04, 2016, 02:27:27 PM
why does it need a direction? again..as i have said the forum is what you put into it..if you pay attention and feed the trolls/haters than that is what you will get back..if anything the problem with the forum is generally just the lack of a show to talk about..people love/hate art..same with Heather but in the end it is the lack of a show to talk about
In hindsight trostol, I agree. Poor choice of words. Felt like another kick in the ass again from Art when he said we should think about renaming the forum. But should have expected it. One thing about the forum, it WILL go on! After all we still have Falkie and for a direction I propose to head Southeast!

See you in a few!

Art Bell

I simply posted here to explain myself, no axe to grind at all and as far as renaming the Forum is concerned I simply said that so none of you would think I would be hurt if you did so.

Yes I was diagnosed with COPD or I would never have said so.

Art

GravitySucks

Quote from: Art Bell on April 04, 2016, 06:13:19 PM
I simply posted here to explain myself, no axe to grind at all and as far as renaming the Forum is concerned I simply said that so none of you would think I would be hurt if you did so.

Art

Call in to the GABCAST and say hi... If MV ever gets the stream going. Tonight.

albrecht

Quote from: bateman on April 04, 2016, 05:57:34 PM
A lot of it is coming by boat from the DR these days.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/23/dominican-republic-emerge_n_2533210.html
Africa is a major transit point also (to the European market.) I particularly like those home-built submarines and almost submarines (SPSS) (like a duck hunting sink-box, illegal, that can move and they are just at the surface level but don't go underwater.) Some are fairly elaborate, others are like a go-kart of the seas.

73s

Art

Gabcast Art! Join the Gabcast!

bateman

Quote from: albrecht on April 04, 2016, 06:16:52 PM
Africa is a major transit point also (to the European market.) I particularly like those home-built submarines and almost submarines (SPSS) (like a duck hunting sink-box, illegal, that can move and they are just at the surface level but don't go underwater.) Some are fairly elaborate, others are like a go-kart of the seas.

Oh yeah, there was a huge bust a couple weeks ago.

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-agents-nearly-caught-194-million-in-cocaine-in-narco-submarine-2016-3

gabrielle

Art

Art, we are awaiting the beginning of the Gabcast, perhaps you might join your fellow Gablings and say hi.  We would be honoured to see you if you have time.

Art

hello art

gabcast would love to see you stop by for 5 minutes  just click gabcast at above link

albrecht

Quote from: bateman on April 04, 2016, 06:19:56 PM
Oh yeah, there was a huge bust a couple weeks ago.

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-agents-nearly-caught-194-million-in-cocaine-in-narco-submarine-2016-3
You know some people are getting the old blow-torch and pozole treatment when a shipment like that is lost. Does google-earth have the GPS location of the sinking, many a diver might attempt!

diowulf

Did anyone notice on Friday night open lines, a blind woman called in and said she couldn't smell. George said "That's terrible" or something to that effect and the woman replied "That's ok, if we all hung out and Tommy farted, I wouldn't be able to smell it *giggle*". George didn't acknowledge it and rolled right on, or else he didn't hear it but it was bizarre and pretty comical.

scottydawg

Well Thank You Art for putting up with us Lovable Stinkers including me sometimes :-[
I've know a few Vietnam Combat Vets who had COPD in later years, it's not a pretty sight seeing friends coughing up lung cookies.
But all in all I want to say a big THANK YOU! Thank you for Sharing Ramona with us, she was really someone Magical, witchcraft and all.
For all the great shows and interesting subjects, for scaring the Bejabbers out of me with the GIS folks!
For all the crazy callers be they real or imagined, J.C. Always cracked me up!
For all us Nocturnal Introverts who preferred working nights by ourselves you were the voice that kept us going to the break of Dawn.
Thank You for telling us what a great company C.Crane is, long before computers became big C.Crane catalog was the Wishbook for big kids!
Before your health makes it to tough for you to travel I hope you and the 2 other A.B.'s get a chance to go to Lambeau Field and the Packer Hall of Fame. I grew up a mile from there. All 3 of you will love it!
And just enjoy being blessed with a sweet wife and a angelic daughter. Every day that you wake up and see their faces is the best part of your day. :D

Gruntled

Quote from: scottydawg on April 04, 2016, 07:01:04 PM
Well Thank You Art for putting up with us Lovable Stinkers including me sometimes :-[
I've know a few Vietnam Combat Vets who had COPD in later years, it's not a pretty sight seeing friends coughing up lung cookies.
But all in all I want to say a big THANK YOU! Thank you for Sharing Ramona with us, she was really someone Magical, witchcraft and all.
For all the great shows and interesting subjects, for scaring the Bejabbers out of me with the GIS folks!
For all the crazy callers be they real or imagined, J.C. Always cracked me up!
For all us Nocturnal Introverts who preferred working nights by ourselves you were the voice that kept us going to the break of Dawn.
Thank You for telling us what a great company C.Crane is, long before computers became big C.Crane catalog was the Wishbook for big kids!
Before your health makes it to tough for you to travel I hope you and the 2 other A.B.'s get a chance to go to Lambeau Field and the Packer Hall of Fame. I grew up a mile from there. All 3 of you will love it!
And just enjoy being blessed with a sweet wife and a angelic daughter. Every day that you wake up and see their faces is the best part of your day. :D

That was very nice of you to post that for Art.
Thank you

ge30542

Art
Mr. Bell, what is the % decrease in lung function?
Just curious. At 57 yo, I've smoked for over 40 years,  my COPD diagnosis came 2 years ago. At that point the Doc said I had a 20% decrease in lung function. Even if one stops smoking, that decrease NEVER recovers.
DONT smoke kids.

bobo17

Quote from: Art Bell on April 03, 2016, 04:15:37 PM
The MEETING Lumes.

Thanks Art for acknowleging me publically.
I will let you know the proposed dates (i perfer sooner rather than later).

Thanks again for all the "true" belgabbers who never doubted.

take care and see ya soon
bobo

Quote from: bobo17 on April 04, 2016, 07:35:51 PM
Thanks Art for acknowleging me publically.
I will let you know the proposed dates (i perfer sooner rather than later).

Thanks again for all the "true" belgabbers who never doubted.

take care and see ya soon
bobo
art posted here he has nothing to do with DMDN -so why have a meeting about it? very confusing? at this point if after everything that has been written here a meeting needs to happen to talk about what ? whats the bottom line ? its all been said here how people feel about what they would like to see happen- again i say either walk the walk or CUT THE TALK!!!

malliard

i know what will come out of the meeting, he will admit he hates me and my show... he wouldnt be a gabber if he didnt

GravitySucks

Quote from: malliard on April 04, 2016, 08:18:16 PM
i know what will come out of the meeting, he will admit he hates me and my show... he wouldnt be a gabber if he didnt

ding ding ding

Taco Bell

Quote from: Dyna-X on April 04, 2016, 03:30:25 PM
Take the fact that DMRN is on the brink, and crimping changes on the way for internet broadcasters and add to it the iHeart and Cumulus are nearly belly up - we are on the verge of radiopocalypse.  Even Snoory is gonna feel this in the most optimistic scenario.

There will be stations in the US and Canada up for sale dirt cheap as far as stations go. Fot those that are ready to get one this will be a good time. The question is what to do with one once you get it to keep it going Creating localized formats may help revive the interest.

Sell offs have already begun. Clear Channel attemped to rebrand as iheart but it was too little to late. You can't effectively run a station in one city where your bosses wear suits in another city across the country. The suits only cared about dollar signs on a spreadsheet. Knowing a few folks that worked in markets where clear channel jumped in, they said they may have met the group of big wigs once. Next thing you know they were letting go the talent that were paid on the high end to save money, had people wear multiple hats since the stations were running on a skeleton crew, even work voicing on two different stations. Shows were prerecorded and the connection was lost because the bosses were trying to squeeze every dime out of the stations.

Locally owned stations are flourishing. They have a stake in the community. That connection is important. And when that cluster is employee owned, it's even stronger.

Robert

Quote from: ge30542 on April 04, 2016, 07:30:38 PMDONT smoke kids.
Yeah, it's so hard to keep them lit.

Scorch

Quote from: ziznak on April 04, 2016, 03:01:44 PM
now we're talking....

and whores... can't have coke w/o whores!!! cmon guys lets do this!

I've been away too long!  I don't know what's going on, but I vote YES!

PKaiser

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 04, 2016, 10:04:12 PM
Sell offs have already begun. Clear Channel attemped to rebrand as iheart but it was too little to late. You can't effectively run a station in one city where your bosses wear suits in another city across the country. The suits only cared about dollar signs on a spreadsheet. Knowing a few folks that worked in markets where clear channel jumped in, they said they may have met the group of big wigs once. Next thing you know they were letting go the talent that were paid on the high end to save money, had people wear multiple hats since the stations were running on a skeleton crew, even work voicing on two different stations. Shows were prerecorded and the connection was lost because the bosses were trying to squeeze every dime out of the stations.

Locally owned stations are flourishing. They have a stake in the community. That connection is important. And when that cluster is employee owned, it's even stronger.

I saw this firsthand when I worked for Clear Channel in Maine. We had five or six stations and just as I was leaving they put them all up for sale and a local group bought them. They are called Blueberry Broadcasting now, and becoming a locally owned group of stations is probably the best thing that's happened to them in years.

trostol

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 04, 2016, 10:04:12 PM

wish my local Classic Rock station would get sold off..but that does now explain the heavy rotation of certain artists and songs on it

Quote from: Art Bell on April 03, 2016, 07:09:25 PM
... It is strange to me that people make things up...

Same here.  Mystifying.

zeebo

Gotta say I miss the old halcyon days of lambasting Noory while innocently hoping for Art's return.  Ah, nostalgia.

Dr. MD MD

Art

Aw, I'm sorry I gave you the gears earlier, Art. The Chinese put a curse on us and now we're all living in perpetually interesting times.  It can wear you out after awhile and fray your last good nerve. I think the only reason we feel hurt is because of something like this though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91jjJt9CXRc

All the best managing the COPD and hope to hear from you soon. Take care and be well.

Daggit

I see nothing much has changed here. Art why even post here anymore? Most of the best posters have left. You should too. Best to just enjoy your retirement.