• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Donald Noory

Quote from: Art Bell on March 17, 2016, 08:51:03 PM
Ah, but unless I am on air I don't make a penny from the show, so I am not asking for me. Again, it has always seemed to me that since Redacted was a Years long member here (and still is) that this group would have some interest in seeing her do well, crazy thought I know.

Art

Yeah everybody! Art chose Reducted, so you should respect his choice! Whether she sucks or not! Whether she can pronounce simple words or not! Whether her voice is smug and annoying, or not! Whether she subjects listeners to constant vocal fry or not! Whether she's a delusional self-professed "witch" or not! Whether she asks uninteresting questions or not! Whether she does next to no research on her guests or not! Whether she gives air time to Nazis (Winter Laake)then refuses to comment on the issue when asked about it, or not! (Yes, I know Art had some unsavory guests, but Heather just ignored the issue when brought to her attention).

Art has made his choice! Everyone must like her! Because she used to post on Bellgab! Ignore the fact that she's a talentless, rank amateur who never should have been given a radio show!

Art Bell

No worries, I do have thick skin and I do ignore the Troll's. I feel that even the biggest critics would admit that she is catching on. Girl Noory? Not even close, I know George and she is no George (Thank MV)

I am getting older now and trust me it's not for the faint of heart, so if I can leave something behind that will grow to be what I wish I had the Years left to build I will be a happy camper.

Art

Ah, but unless I am on air I don't make a penny from the show, so I am not asking for me. Again, it has always seemed to me that since Redacted was a Years long member here (and still is) that this group would have some interest in seeing her do well, crazy thought I know.

Art

If Heather does well, it should be on her own merits and ability. 

It shouldn't be under the shadow of whether you return to your own show to host.  It shouldn't be under the constant bombardment of you dangling the carrot of your return you do every couple of weeks.

Make a decision. 

Either return to your own show and host.  Or completely retire and allow Heather to make it on her own, with you never dangling the carrot to the audience that you might return.

Let's see what happens.

trostol

seems to me that the lack of subs has shown that the people have spoken..that they do not wish to listen cause they do not like her or the show she is putting out..or simply cause it isn't Art

to me and just me..right now there isn't a show worth listening to after midnight

Quote from: Art Bell on March 17, 2016, 09:31:13 PM
No worries, I do have thick skin and I do ignore the Troll's. I feel that even the biggest critics would admit that she is catching on. Girl Noory? Not even close, I know George and she is no George (Thank MV)

I am getting older now and trust me it's not for the faint of heart, so if I can leave something behind that will grow to be what I wish I had the Years left to build I will be a happy camper.

Art

Art, people are certain you know if the numbers of Time Traveler subscribers are going up or down.  You know how many people are listening to her nightly(at least on streaming sites) and if that number is going up, down, or stagnant.

Don't talk down to us and use language as "admit she is catching on."

If she was, you would know it, and not speculate if it was happening or not.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Art Bell on March 17, 2016, 09:31:13 PM

Art

You sounded healthy and in good spirits when last we heard from you but there's certainly a lot about aging that's not fun. You have more wisdom and so in a lot of ways are more capable but the body's just not always as willing and elastic. I find some good quality ginseng can help with energy levels a bit. I prefer Korean Red. Anyway, they say 70 is the new 50 now so I'm sure you have lots of time to rebuild your empire . All the best with it, Art ;)

Hog

Art
Heather hasnt posted in months after the embarrassing "rattling some cages" incident.

The show was Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell, thats what we were told would be delivered, what we supported/vouched for and what we paid for.  Midnight in the Unknown Location with Heather Wade is a completely different show. She would have more support if the effort was for her own show on some other timeslot.

We all have an interest in YOU hosting the show that you were supposed to host. Crazy thought I know.

peace
Hog

Art Bell

Quote from: Hog on March 17, 2016, 09:43:44 PM
Heather hasnt posted in months after the embarrassing "rattling some cages" incident.

The show was Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell, thats what we were told would be delivered, what we supported/vouched for and what we paid for.  Midnight in the Unknown Location with Heather Wade is a completely different show. She would have more support if the effort was for her own show on some other timeslot.

We all have an interest in YOU hosting the show that you were supposed to host. Crazy thought I know.

peace
Hog

No not a crazy thought at all, that's why we made it only a Month to Month basis, we knew it might not last a long time and wanted nobody to lose money. Of course the number of subs is down some but still in the many thousands with people joining every day because of Heather since of course it has been Month's now. I will if I am able do some fill in as I have said but I do have health issues now that control my ability to do that. Heather will either continue to grow into the position or not so you are correct, it's her show now and she can change it in any way she wishes.

Art

Quote from: Art Bell on March 17, 2016, 09:58:15 PM
No not a crazy thought at all, that's why we made it only a Month to Month basis, we knew it might not last a long time and wanted nobody to lose money. Of course the number of subs is down some but still in the many thousands with people joining every day because of Heather since of course it has been Month's now. I will if I am able do some fill in as I have said but I do have health issues now that control my ability to do that. Heather will either continue to grow into the position or not so you are correct, it's her show now and she can change it in any way she wishes.

Art

right on !    It was a really fun open lines very nice to hear you LIVE !!!  did you figure out what the third book  for the future BELL time traveler ?
right on

ChrisOC714

Art

Thank you for the update Art. In my past experience in interviewing older people as part of an oral history project, the family of the person being interviewed was always interested in hearing the older person's voice and having them remember things about their lives so that they could play it many years in the future when the older person was gone. If you are able, I would love to hear some great shows that you and Heather come up with so that years in the future, your family and friends and fans can all listen to them. I hope that your health improves so that you can have more quality time with everyone in your life and I love your drone videos, now I want one.

akwilly

Art
If she is able to change it as she sees fit may I suggest she bring on Falkie to do the news spot and also let her bounce things off him if the calls are slow or the guest sucks?

Robert

Quote from: The King of Kings on March 16, 2016, 03:05:44 PMIs that an East Coast thing?  Over here on the West Coast, it seems pretty standard.
I'm an East Coaster, put ketchup on hot dogs as a kid, didn't pick up the mustard habit until later.  Ketchup on frankfurters seemed pretty common around me, although so were mustard, relish, or sauerkraut -- or, if you were getting it from a stand or similar vendor, cooked onions in reddish sauce.

Lately my chief use for ketchup has been as barbecue sauce for pork spare ribs.  I do sometimes use or make other sweet & sour sauces for broiling pork spare ribs, but ketchup seems to work consistently best.

Mustard goes better with most cured meats, with which ketchup would be yucky, but it's OK on hot dogs even if mustard's a bit better.  Mustard's also good with cheeses, where ketchup would definitely be yucky unless counteracted by something else like hamburger.  Raw tomato is fine with those things, though; it's the extra sugar of ketchup, mostly, that clashes.

GravitySucks

Quote from: akwilly on March 17, 2016, 10:12:41 PM
If she is able to change it as she sees fit may I suggest she bring on Falkie to do the news spot and also let her bounce things off him if the calls are slow or the guest sucks?

Nooooooooooooooooooooo

Dr. MD MD

Art

Sorry to hear about the issues, Art. I wish you all the best with them. Anytime you can muster the energy to do a show I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated. It was great to see the buzz here again when you came on last week. Honestly, the thing that keeps Heather's show going for me is Bellgab. Heather's done some decent shows that I've enjoyed but more often than not I'm not all the interested/crazy about the topic and/or guest. However, even when I'm not into it the chat here is usually entertaining, fun, informative and some times a little (or more than little) argumentative. We're mostly all big people though and can take it; and it usually resolves peacefully and amicably most often anyway. Great to hear from you again! It's ok to be strange, Art but don't be stranger  ;)

JesusJuice

"it's her show now and she can change it in any way she wishes."

She said that she can't  even play the music that she wants.

Art

Well, that looks pretty much like Art is never coming back to his show anymore.

It is settled finally.

Robert

Quote from: Art_s Farts on March 16, 2016, 06:10:24 PMIndeed they do. It's called poutine and it's a favorite in Quebec City. I had it at the old Colisee while attending a Quebec Remparts hockey game.
~20 yrs. ago I had them by the ocean in No. Mia. Beach.  Lots of Quebecois winter there.

Robert

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 16, 2016, 06:12:06 PMChicago Hotdogs are a waste of time for me though. Most places that serve those also serve Italian Beef and Italian Combo sandwiches (beef and Italian sausage). If you are ever in Chicago, you have to try one, and ask for it dipped in the juice with sweet peppers and giardinia (spicy pickled vegetables).
I spent most of the latter half of the 1970s in Chicagoland, and couldn't figure out the attraction of "Italian" beef sandwiches.  It's just boiled beef, pretty bland unless you put on stuff like that.

The other street-vended food they called Italian in Chicagoland was "Italian lemonade".  In NYC that'd be lemon-flavored Italian ices, only we had more flavors.

Robert

Quote from: ItsOver on March 16, 2016, 06:41:09 PMI've never had a cheesesteak with Cheese Whiz.  I just don't care for Whiz.  It tastes like plastic to me.  Give me real cheese.  Discuss.

Cheez Wiz is what I made macaroni & cheese with.  Yes, I've had baked macaroni & cheese, and it is better, but not so much better as to be worth the trouble, when you can just boil macaroni, drain it, & xfer it back to the pot w Cheez Wiz in the bottom, heating & stirring.  If you don't have Cheez Wiz, then some American cheese w a slight splash of milk.  A little paprika or powdered Romano in addition if you want to vary the taste.

Robert

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 16, 2016, 06:46:36 PMFor the most part I agree with you. Though I've never tried a cheesesteak of any kind. However, when making grilled cheese I have to use Kraft processed slices for some reason. Programming from my childhood I suspect.
The reason is that the processing they do to make American cheese keeps it from separating when heated.

Robert

Quote from: albrecht on March 16, 2016, 07:55:18 PMPasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, according to some regulatory concerns a few years back. Same with Velveeta. Cannot use "food" in the labelling anymore.
http://www.farmanddairy.com/news/fda-warns-kraft-about-using-mpcs-in-cheese-products/123.html
I'd've thought they'd be happier selling it w/o that superfluous word anyway.

Robert

Quote from: Art Bell on March 17, 2016, 08:51:03 PMAh, but unless I am on air I don't make a penny from the show, so I am not asking for me. Again, it has always seemed to me that since Redacted was a Years long member here (and still is) that this group would have some interest in seeing her do well, crazy thought I know.
I think most of us would!  But, considering that this site started as a place to criticize another m.c., it's not likely people here will say she's better than they actually perceive her.

She's not bad, but still not great.  She blows away the major competition, but the major competition is setting a lousy pace.  Obviously we have an interest in her improvement.  I'd like to get her & Jason Jarvis to correspond on career advice, but neither of them have answered me about that suggestion.

Some things are, of course, a matter of taste, such that you can't please one in the audience w/o displeasing another.  Some here say her voice grates on them, while I find her voice sexy & seductive.

Art

Well hurry up and get better!

Hope Art gets better, hope that COPD he mentioned isn't flaring up.

Auslandia

I think it's funny how what you put on hot dogs keeps popping up

Wonderlust

Filling Art Bell's shoes is a tough task......Heather Wade is terrible......total novice on all topics.. get a real host

littlechris

Quote from: akwilly on March 17, 2016, 10:12:41 PM
...may I suggest she bring on Falkie to do the news spot and also let her bounce things off him if the calls are slow or the guest sucks?

Willy, Art just doesn't get it.  :( 

George "Falkie" Senda should be a regular on MITD and should be given his own segment titled  "Bizarre news stories of the day."

The 45 second segment would involve Falkie briefly talking about weird bizarre news stories ending with some small talk with redacted.

On fridays, Falkie would have a bigger role and would be allowed out of his cage to interact with open line callers.

This and other improvements (experienced, talented producer) would slowly help the show make a turn around.

GravitySucks

Quote from: littlechris on March 18, 2016, 12:30:12 AM
Willy, Art just doesn't get it.  :( 

George "Falkie" Senda should be a regular on MITD and should be given his own segment titled  "Bizarre news stories of the day."

The 45 second segment would involve Falkie briefly talking about weird bizarre news stories ending with some small talk with redacted.

On fridays, Falkie would have a bigger role and would be allowed out of his cage to interact with open line callers.

This and other improvements (experienced, talented producer) would slowly help the show make a turn around.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hell noooooooooooooooo

BettyO417

Art

Art, with all due respect, may I ask how you were able to conceive that Redacted could have possibly  filled YOUR SHOES? I understand maybe training her through the production end, but NOT handing over the whole kit and kaboodle. There are plenty of talented folks I'm sure you could have chosen from.
I have tried to listen and sad to say I just can't do it. She interacts with the voice of a schoolmarm speaking to five year olds. And no, to many of us "she's doesn't get it. I could go on but I don't want to shred her. I appreciate what she's done, but unfortunately I've moved on. Not happily, because there is only ONE Art Bell.

You're the man, YOU are who I have hoped and supported for the right time to return to the airwaves, for YEARS! Even a few times a week would have been better than this. I realize your health is not perfect, but your life isn't OVER. Broadcasting is ART BELL. You say you knew that in the beginning it might not last a long time? That certainly wasn't how many of us perceived your return.

Miss you man. Hope you feel better. I check in nightly to see if you're on, then just feel disappointed and tune in somewhere else. Don't count yourself over yet! There's plenty of wisdom and life left in you. With much hope for you and yours always. ☮💚

Praise MV

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: BettyO417 on March 18, 2016, 01:08:00 AM
Art, with all due respect...

Ha
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HA
Choke