• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

JOHN GRAY SUCKS

Started by loveslibraries, March 31, 2017, 02:09:31 AM

John Gray sucks!  Venus, Mars...

zeebo

Last time I heard him on Coast I thought he sucked less than usual.  The reason being I thought it was good he made mention of how boys of this gen. are growing up with societal messages that there's something innately wrong with them. 

After decades of worrying about messages girls receive through the media, education, politics, etc. - there seems to be little concern for what boys are hearing as they mature in society.  It's a notion which I've not heard many have the boldness to suggest in our current cultural climate, and I do think it will have repercussions down the road - so I give him some props for that. 

That Mars/Venus thing though, jeez it just has to go.

I'll take Paul McCartney's Venus and Mars over John Gray's any day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLYnL7IGx7g

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 01, 2017, 10:26:36 PM
I'll take Paul McCartney's Venus and Mars over John Gray's any day.

And I'd prefer these two sci-fi anthologies too. 

Jojo

Quote from: zeebo on April 01, 2017, 09:53:15 PM
Last time I heard him on Coast I thought he sucked less than usual.  The reason being I thought it was good he made mention of how boys of this gen. are growing up with societal messages that there's something innately wrong with them. 

After decades of worrying about messages girls receive through the media, education, politics, etc. - there seems to be little concern for what boys are hearing as they mature in society.  It's a notion which I've not heard many have the boldness to suggest in our current cultural climate, and I do think it will have repercussions down the road - so I give him some props for that. 

That Mars/Venus thing though, jeez it just has to go.
I agree.  Gender messages to boys have been bad.