• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151029 - Neil deGrasse Tyson - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 29, 2015, 04:28:00 PM

swordpoint9

Quote from: chefist on October 29, 2015, 11:11:08 PM
He was a CIA operative that "clicked on" assets in the field by the frequency of his voice...the death rate associated with the airing of his show soared...
Now that must be true I saw it on Bellgab !

Robert

Quote from: inuk2600 on October 29, 2015, 11:09:10 PMI wonder if it's a very reflective coma, it may not radiate much ir, but they would block the light by reflecting it.
If the reflection was not specular, then you'd expect a lot of absorption as the cloud diffused the light.  If the reflection was specular, that'd be a heck of phenomenon to line up all those surfaces.

Barfly

Quote from: PrairieGhost on October 29, 2015, 11:07:47 PM
I'm watching Bob Ross paint on mute while listening to Art. Pretty freaking cool!
You watching on Twitch?
I know they bought the rights to all 403 episodes
Bob is great to watch if you cant sleep.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: inuk2600 on October 29, 2015, 11:09:10 PM
I wonder if it's a very reflective coma, it may not radiate much ir, but they would block the light by reflecting it.

I guess that's possible? I don't know? Would have to be many thousands or millions of comets though right? Due to the 1% = the size of Jupiter thing. Which I don't particularly understand just yet.

If we truly do have the kind of magic black project tech Ben Rich and so many others talk about, it's hard not to see pop science priests like NDT and Nye as politicians.

"The real power is in the electorate."

lol

zmbabwe

Quote from: coaster on October 29, 2015, 11:11:42 PM
The internet has a boner for Bob Ross, but no one knows that he stole his style from the man who taught him how to paint, and then started selling his art supplies, directly competing with the guy. He is the painting world's Leo Ashcraft.

Bob Ross and Bill Alexander used to be such good friends, too!

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Darth Sandra on October 29, 2015, 11:13:14 PM
Oh Neil is so naive with how politics work.
So were Carl and Billy Dee...so it follows their only son is too.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Barfly on October 29, 2015, 11:12:37 PM
You watching on Twitch?
I know they bought the rights to all 403 episodes
Bob is great to watch if you cant sleep.

Who knew buying the rights to bob Ross's show would be a brilliant business move on twitch's part. Something like 60k viewers live right now, so cool. New format for profiting by reusing old media?

Quote from: Gumby, Dammit on October 29, 2015, 11:14:52 PM
So were Carl and Billy Dee...so it follows their only son is too.

Careful. Tyson's fanboys are getting upset.

chefist

The interstate highway system was first and foremost built for national defence purposes...commerce was second...

swordpoint9

Quote from: SaucyRossy on October 29, 2015, 11:15:26 PM
Who knew buying the rights to bob Ross's show would be a brilliant business move on twitch's part. Something like 60k viewers live right now, so cool. New format for profiting by reusing old media?
Re-purposing LOL !

Barfly

Actually they are donating some of the money to  Janson Media, they distribute indi films

TigerLily

Quote from: Rat-eating Hater on October 29, 2015, 11:06:27 PM
Tyson is giving us a "history of the '60s". Considering that he was 5 years old when he says it began with the Beatles appearing on Ed Sullivan I think we can safely discount his expertise. Some of us were a good deal older and as the saying goes, if you can remember the '60s you weren't there.
Yup. I never believe them thar historian types who are livin now and write about old stuff like ya know, history. They think that know everything from book learnin. Hah

Weirdoradio

There's that much parroted story about how Monty Python put up their own hi def skits on Youtube and DVD sales went through the roof for a long period after that.

I find the re-packaging of older material in order to reach new audiences fascinating.

I'm probably gonna spend tomorrow Rossing it up.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: TigerLily on October 29, 2015, 11:18:17 PM
Yup. I never believe them thar historian types who are livin now and write about old stuff like ya know, history. They think that know everything from book learnin. Hah
That would be meaningful if it made any sense.

swordpoint9

Quote from: TigerLily on October 29, 2015, 11:18:17 PM
I second that there .....

Barfly

Quote from: zmbabwe on October 29, 2015, 11:18:12 PM
Twitch requires flash?  This is 2015!
They are switching to HTML5, but they are taking some time to do it thats for sure, they announced it 2 months ago