• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Quote from: albrecht on April 04, 2018, 05:12:31 PM
Since she has posted about it and is now a public figure I guess releasing that information is not against MV, praise him, BG rules about doxxing, personal information, etc. [Redacted] I think was Heather, as I recall.

Correct!  Redacted

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on April 04, 2018, 05:54:26 PM
actually (Redacted)
For some reason I thought it was brackets [Redacted]? I could be wrong though.

The Convoy idea is great. Some over-dubbing and picture heads on Rubber Duck, Pigpen, etc and various truckers and youtube it you kids who know how to do that stuff. Randy Quaid should also appear also though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd5ZLJWQmss

Quote from: albrecht on April 04, 2018, 05:57:27 PM
For some reason I thought it was brackets [Redacted]? I could be wrong though.

The Convoy idea is great. Some over-dubbing and picture heads on Rubber Duck, Pigpen, etc and various truckers and youtube it you kids who know how to do that stuff. Randy Quaid should also appear also though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd5ZLJWQmss

LOL.  Saw that movie in the $5 dvd bin at Wal-Mart the other day and decided to pick it up.  Haven't watched it yet though. I now have all but one of Peckinpah's movies.  His first, The Deadly Companions, is the only one I'm missing.  I even have Noon Wine which was a highly acclaimed tv film he did with Olivia de Havilland in the 60's.

Back to Convoy though.  Why, Sam, why?  Was this the only work you could get?  From the Wild Bunch and Straw Dogs to Convoy in 7 years?  Unbelievable.  I guess he and Kristofferson were coked up during the filming of this schlock.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 04, 2018, 06:16:57 PM
LOL.  Saw that movie in the $5 dvd bin at Wal-Mart the other day and decided to pick it up.  Haven't watched it yet though. I now have all but one of Peckinpah's movies.  His first, The Deadly Companions, is the only one I'm missing.  I even have Noon Wine which was a highly acclaimed tv film he did with Olivia de Havilland in the 60's.

Back to Convoy though.  Why, Sam, why?  Was this the only work you could get?  From the Wild Bunch and Straw Dogs to Convoy in 7 years?  Unbelievable.  I guess he and Kristofferson were coked up during the filming of this schlock.

But the song...the SONG! :D

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 04, 2018, 06:16:57 PM

Back to Convoy though!  Why, Sam, why?  Was this the only work you could get?  From the Wild Bunch and Straw Dogs to Convoy in 7 years?  Unbelievable.  I guess he and Kristofferson were coked up during the filming of this schlock.
Get a six-pack or a bottle and watch. It is a fun movie and a great theme song. That was the odd era where "truckers" and CBs were all the rage. Sort of hard to believe now. Mainstream tv and movies also, oddly, started to feature apes (really orangutans) and truckers. About a decade ago I broke out my CB for a long roadtrip and, oddly, the talk was still the same. CB accents is a unique accent that should be documented culturally at some university. "Convoy" is what it is- a fun movie!
ps: you missed mentioning some of his best movie: "Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia." Peckinpaw, and the great Warren Oates, at their best!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 04, 2018, 06:22:07 PM
But the song...the SONG! :D

Oh, the song is catchy as hell. I loved it.  We were all talking like truckers using CB lingo in the mid 70's.  LOL. Good times!  This is the version that I remember which is a little different than the one albrecht posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVh179oXFao

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 04, 2018, 05:35:55 PM
I will bet Jazmunda is the most jealous person on the planet these days. All that effort to get written into Art’s will...
And after all that work on promo videos for Bell's comeback.  Thrown to the side.  Just another cheap, Aussie slut.

Juan

C.W. McCall is actually the same person as Mannheim Steamroller of Christmas music fame.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Juan on April 04, 2018, 05:54:26 PM
actually (Redacted)

Actually not.  She was caught up in the software reset that reverted everyone’s usernames

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on April 04, 2018, 06:37:00 PM
C.W. McCall is actually the same person as Mannheim Steamroller of Christmas music fame.
Mind blown.

Uncle Duke

Chip Davis of Mannheim Steamroller wrote the song, but I don't think he performed on the record. I read once he made more money from that single song than he did from the top two selling Steamroller albums combined.

Chip Davis was actually the man behind Mannheim Steamroller.  McCall was a buddy of his and they cowrote much of McCall's music.  McCall's later music as well as Mannheim Steamroller's was released on Davis's label, American Gramophone.

In 1986, McCall became mayor of Ouray, CO, north of Durango.  He is still alive at 89 years old.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Uncle Duke on April 04, 2018, 06:48:22 PM
Chip Davis of Mannheim Steamroller wrote the song, but I don't think he performed on the record. I read once he made more money from that single song than he did from the top two selling Steamroller albums combined.

When Mannheim Steamroller performs at Christmas time in Houston you can’t even beg for a tocket. They sellout immediately.

Morgus

Quote from: albrecht on April 04, 2018, 05:12:31 PM
Since she has posted about it and is now a public figure I guess releasing that information is not against MV, praise him, BG rules about doxxing, personal information, etc. [Redacted] I think was Heather, as I recall.
And Redacted is stilll listed in the Bellgab members list, it shows her last visit here was in 2016.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 04, 2018, 06:54:48 PM
When Mannheim Steamroller performs at Christmas time in Houston you can’t even beg for a tocket. They sellout immediately.
I'd rather watch or hear Convoy. I don't understand the appeal of Mannheim Steamroller when there is so much better Christmas music out there. Go see and listen to "Messiah" for example and allows one to argue about large or small, English vs German, changes Mozart made, etc. Either way usually great.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 04, 2018, 06:54:48 PM

Steamroller initially was more than just a Christmas act, back in the 80s I saw them on tour when they played music from their "Fresh Aire" albums.  They put on a great performance, better than their Christmas shows I've attended.  Also have seen a couple of Trans Siberian Orchestra's Christmas shows, great musicians but I wish they'd just play the music as opposed to incorporating the music into a story/play.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on April 04, 2018, 07:02:04 PM
I'd rather watch or hear Convoy. I don't understand the appeal of Mannheim Steamroller when there is so much better Christmas music out there. Go see and listen to "Messiah" for example and allows one to argue about large or small, English vs German, changes Mozart made, etc. Either way usually great.

I swear to god that you are a virtual cornucopia of esoteric shit. Do you have an AI implant to help you with this immediate recall or did your mother use flashcards?

Asking for a friend.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 04, 2018, 07:26:05 PM
I swear to god that you are a virtual cornucopia of esoteric shit. Do you have an AI implant to help you with this immediate recall or did your mother use flashcards?

Asking for a friend.
;) Tell your friend just weird, or rather varied, interests, I guess. Probably read and traveled too much also. And too much Jeopardy!.  But in this regard I love "Messiah" and so read about it once and saw the various opinions and controversies. Now, I have the factoid about CW McCall and Mannheim Steamroller to input.

yoursongs

Quote from: Uncle Duke on April 04, 2018, 06:48:22 PM

He co-wrote the song, co-produced it, and was the arranger for CONVOY

www.yoursongscollectibles.com

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on April 04, 2018, 07:46:41 PM
;) Tell your friend just weird, or rather varied, interests, I guess. Probably read and traveled too much also. And too much Jeopardy!.  But in this regard I love "Messiah" and so read about it once and saw the various opinions and controversies. Now, I have the factoid about CW McCall and Mannheim Steamroller to input.

LOL - sometimes I inagine you locked in a dimly lit den with the Funk&Wagnalls and TimeLife books on the bookcase.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: yoursongs on April 04, 2018, 08:02:02 PM
He co-wrote the song, co-produced it, and was the arranger for CONVOY

www.yoursongscollectibles.com

No surprise he co-produced and was the arranger, but I remember reading an article about Davis/Steamroller many years ago that said he won some country music writer of the year award for "Convoy".  Suppose that doesn't mean he couldn't have had a co-writer.

yoursongs

Quote from: Uncle Duke on April 04, 2018, 09:03:27 PM
No surprise he co-produced and was the arranger, but I remember reading an article about Davis/Steamroller many years ago that said he won some country music writer of the year award for "Convoy".  Suppose that doesn't mean he couldn't have had a co-writer.

Yup, Chipper co-wrote it with McCall, and another guy, last name of Fries i think.  I'm not surprise they won an award for country songwriters...CONVOY was a #1 pop and C+W hit back in the day.  Below is another one from C.W.  Davis co-wrote the b-side called "Columbine"

https://store5904137.ecwid.com/McCall-C-W-Roses-For-Mama-1977-Polydor-PD-14420-Single-7-Vinyl-p79446441

Uncle Duke

Quote from: yoursongs on April 04, 2018, 09:08:39 PM
Yup, Chipper co-wrote it with McCall, and another guy, last name of Fries i think.  I'm not surprise they won an award for country songwriters...CONVOY was a #1 pop and C+W hit back in the day.  Below is another one from C.W.  Davis co-wrote the b-side called "Columbine"

https://store5904137.ecwid.com/McCall-C-W-Roses-For-Mama-1977-Polydor-PD-14420-Single-7-Vinyl-p79446441

Fries was McCall, was his stage.

yoursongs

Quote from: Uncle Duke on April 04, 2018, 09:12:56 PM
Fries was McCall, was his stage.

I wonder why they list them separately on the records.  C.W. McCall - Bill Fries - Chip Davis.  But you are right...Bill and C.W. are the same guy

Roswells, Art

Quote from: ItsTelly on April 04, 2018, 05:10:20 PM
Damon: Heather just talked about her user name here.

Well, what is it?....

For that matter, what is Art's? It is ARTHUR Bell, perhaps? 

Telly

It's (redacted). The only reason it is significant is because when she first started hosting, people would call up and greet her with "Hi, Redacted" and she would say, "My name is Heather!" and act like this site never existed even though this site is responsible for her being able to meet Art and Art was still posting here at the time.

yoursongs

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 04, 2018, 09:40:08 PM
It's (redacted). The only reason it is significant is because when she first started hosting, people would call up and greet her with "Hi, Redacted" and she would say, "My name is Heather!" and act like this site never existed even though this site is responsible for her being able to meet Art and Art was still posting here at the time.

I am relatively new here, and have a question.  Has this board (in general) not liked HW from the get-go, or has this been an aquired attribute?  And what's this about her being in the phone-sex industry?  Is all that true or is it nonsense?

Roswells, Art

Quote from: yoursongs on April 04, 2018, 09:45:49 PM
I am relatively new here, and have a question.  Has this board (in general) not liked HW from the get-go, or has this been an aquired attribute?  And what's this about her being in the phone-sex industry?  Is all that true or is it nonsense?

No, we liked her, we thought she was a cool dude. She proved us wrong. She herself posted about being a phone sex person. I don't understand why everyone is all the sudden a Puritan when it comes to that.