• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

R. Gary Patterson on the Digital Revolution - Really?

Started by Camazotz Automat, November 25, 2010, 01:13:39 AM

Interviewing R. Gary Patterson to expound on the full impact the digital culture is having on the evolving music industry/artist is similar to having Capt Kelly Sweeney (Ahoy, George!) provide updates on the BP oil blowout.

(shudder)

A little note to my partners in crime here who remember me:

We all must stand together now
Or one by one we fall
For all these years you've stood by me
God bless
I love you all

(stolen from O.zzy T.he O.sbourne, but the sentiment fits . . )

Happy Thanksgiving, you bastards.
I must away to search for dark matter.

MV/Liberace!

Cam, you spelunking son of a bitch. How have you been?

Still awaiting my Three Dog Night 8 tracks and my signed manuscript.

Hope Thanksgiving receives you well. Seriously, it's good to see you around.

EvB

CAM!  So glad to see you here. Your special brand of self expression has been sorely missed.

WildCard

K, The OP is clearly insane but, I need an R. Gary Patterson thread.

I can't believe R. Gary Patterson hasn't written about this. I'm sure he knows about it.
Angela Bowie wrote an autobiography called -"Backstage Passes: Life on the Wild Side with David Bowie", in 2000.

Quote"There he (David Bowie) was, then, primed and ready. The proper books and doodads were arranged on a big old-fashioned lectern. The incantation began, and although I had no idea what was being said or what language it was being said in, I couldn't stop a weird cold feeling rising up in me as David droned on and on.

"There's no easy or elegant way to say this, so I'll just say it straight. At a certain point in the ritual, the pool began to bubble. It bubbled vigorously (perhaps "thrashed" is a better term) in a manner inconsistent with any explanation involving air filters or the like."

"On the bottom of the pool was a large shadow, or stain, which had not been there before the ritual began. It was in the shape of a beast of the underworld; it reminded me of those twisted, tormented gargoyles screaming silently from the spires of medieval cathedrals. It was ugly, shocking, malevolent; it frightened me.

"David, of course, insisted that we move from the house as quickly as possible, and we did that, but I've heard from reliable sources (Michael Lipman for one, the property's real estate agent) that subsequent tenants haven't been able to remove the shadow. Even though the pool has been painted over a number of times, the shadow has always come back."
http://ufodigest.com/article/david-bowie-ufos-witchcraft-cocaine-and-paranoia
But wait, there's more. Marc Spitz in "Bowie: A Biography" -
Quote"Increasingly Bowie was convinced there were witches after his semen. They were intent on using it to make a child to sacrifice to the devil, essentially the plot to Roman Polanski's 1968 supernatural classic Rosemary's Baby."
<ibid didy da> "Dark Matter", indeed!
Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 25, 2010, 01:13:39 AM
I must away to search for dark matter.
Does anybody see colors? Cause I don't.

b_dubb

WildCard

Quote from: b_dubb on August 13, 2014, 10:57:26 PM
Thanks for posting that link to the Bowie article
What about the wall-of-text? Too much?
Sorry. Sometimes I go too far, sometimes.

I didn't expect to find that much.
There's a little more to Angela's story that I couldn't find.
That Marc Spitz stuff is new.

Random Thoughts: I like any name that ends with "Spitz".