• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The guests that we actually like.

Started by Borr, June 20, 2009, 04:00:05 PM

Borr

I've noticed that we seem to get hung up on the guests that we hate. There are plenty of guests to hate, no doubt, but what are the guests that you like best? Which guests do you believe actually Noory's insipidness and can actually carry the show along when they are on?

I like Jim Marrs. No, I don't believe any of his crackpot theories, but I do love a good story and you can't get much better than time-traveling space Nazis.

EvB

Can't think of a regular guest I like at the moment -- the last one was John Mack (yes - I know - I say that a lot . . . siiiiigh - grief . . .) Dr. Allan J.  Hamilton has been on more than once - most recently with Ian last weekend.  He's good.

Frys Girl

Quote from: EvB on June 20, 2009, 04:31:19 PM
Can't think of a regular guest I like at the moment -- the last one was John Mack (yes - I know - I say that a lot . . . siiiiigh - grief . . .) Dr. Allan J.  Hamilton has been on more than once - most recently with Ian last weekend.  He's good.
I gotta say that Ian has the better guests. I think that even if a guest is good, we may not know it because George doesn't bring out the good in his guests. He makes them feel awkward and distracted by his stupidness (questions, responses, lack of interaction).

I enjoy most of the traditional science guests.  I like the historic bullshitters too.

EvB

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 20, 2009, 06:18:23 PM
I gotta say that Ian has the better guests. I think that even if a guest is good, we may not know it because George doesn't bring out the good in his guests. He makes them feel awkward and distracted by his stupidness (questions, responses, lack of interaction).

George gets first pick too.  Ian wanted this guy when the book "Scalpel and the Soul" first came out - but George had dibs.  Ian got him this time for the release of the paperback version.

Stanton Friedman is a great guest most of the time, even with Snoory stumbling over simple sentences. He always brings a good show.

bigdaddyknapp

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 20, 2009, 06:18:23 PMI think that even if a guest is good, we may not know it because George doesn't bring out the good in his guests. He makes them feel awkward and distracted by his stupidness (questions, responses, lack of interaction).

Agreed. One of my favourite recent guests was Leonard Mlodinow (the "Drunkard's Walk" guy http://www.amazon.ca/Drunkards-Walk-Randomness-Rules-Lives/dp/0375424040) on Ian's show near the beginning of May. Thing is, Mlodinow had been on with Snoory about a year prior and the interview didn't stand out as anything special at all - total snoozefest. Just another example of the negative value Snoory adds to Coast. The Snoory/Mlodinow interview would have been a lot better if someone just sent George out for lunch and let Leondard handle things by himself for a couple of hours.

Supernormal

Quote from: Borr on June 20, 2009, 04:00:05 PM
I like Jim Marrs. No, I don't believe any of his crackpot theories, but I do love a good story and you can't get much better than time-traveling space Nazis.
Marrs is a fave, my go-to guest for conspiracy theories. I enjoy Coleman and Friedman too (two other go-to guys). Levenda is a great source for all kinds of esoterica while Paglini is my favorite witch. The ghost lady is a guilty pleasure.

EvB

QuoteThe ghost lady is a guilty pleasure.

Barbara and her side-kick Brenden with the EVPs?  I enjoy them too - also a "Guilty pleasure" - but no one handles them like Art. 

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh . . .

Quote from: EvB on June 27, 2009, 06:18:01 PM
Barbara and her side-kick Brenden with the EVPs?  I enjoy them too - also a "Guilty pleasure" - but no one handles them like Art. 

I like them too cause they:

A) Aren't pretentious assholes like 99% of the guests about their field.

B) Have their shit together in general.

C) Bring really cool and sometimes shockingly believable EVP's.

Supernormal

Quote from: EvB on June 27, 2009, 06:18:01 PM

I was referring to Miss Winkowski. LOL I know that might not be a hip thing to admit.

blumuze

I like it when legit scientists come on the show (like Kaku) and gently avoid being lured into talking about shadow people and such. Yet the things they do talk about are even more interesting than the craptastic drivel that George sucks up like loose bat stool.

Quote from: blumuze on July 01, 2009, 03:59:15 PM
I like it when legit scientists come on the show (like Kaku) and gently avoid being lured into talking about shadow people and such. Yet the things they do talk about are even more interesting than the craptastic drivel that George sucks up like loose bat stool.

My feelings exactly. I'll take theoretical physicists over bigfoot hunters any day.

Quote from: blumuze on July 01, 2009, 03:59:15 PM

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on July 01, 2009, 04:07:05 PM
My feelings exactly. I'll take theoretical physicists over bigfoot hunters any day.

Word.

Words I Like

The person who was talking about how evil Aspertame is changed my life. I'm sad that people with credible ideas and stuff are too concerned about maintaining their credibility to appear on coast and share with the listeners.

Curtis Loew

Jim Marrs is on tonight and one of the guests I really like.  I don't care what he's got to sell, he's a great story teller and he's been there and done it.

You can pretty much add all the guests Supernormal said as well.   8)

Borr

Jim Marrs is a ton of fun. I don't believe a bit of his theories, but the internal logic of it all is cohesive and he's got a great Texas grandpa voice so it's fun to listen. Seriously: time traveling space Nazis. How can you not eat that up?

blumuze

Yes. Mr. Marrs is probably the most coherent and entertaining crackpot I've heard on C2C.

Words I Like

Something I don't get about Jim Mars story

Has anyone heard about remote viewers looking into the past? He also seems to believe that C2C listeners would be more interested in hearing about some shady remote viewing then actual lie detector tests?

First he says "7 or 8 remote viewers" as if he's so far removed from the facts that he has no clue how many of what did what. Then a second later he matter of fact seems to know it was 8. This makes me feel like he is either drunk or making everything up as he goes along.

I was either born with 4 or 5 fingers...

EvB

QuoteI was either born with 4 or 5 fingers...                                                                                                                      

Sorry to hear that - I have 10.  ;:)

Borr

I really enjoy Paul Eno (www.behindtheparanormal.com) and am in the process of listening to his podcasts. He likes to tell the same seven stories, but he's a pretty astute guy with some actual experience. I don't agree with all of his conclusions, but I do like his theories concerning 'parasites'. And his son, Ben, is good comic relief.

Unfortunately, the podcasts of his New England based show are all effed up.

I liked both John Marrs as a guest, and George Noory's obvious comfort level, or peer level, with him as a guest.

Christian von L?hr

KnyeGuy

I used to like Red Elk (but only with Art Bell)  for the entertainment factor. He always went on about lizard people and talking to rocks... lol  All the while he was holed up in some trailer in Washington State... heh heh, the 'self-proclaimed' shaman who was not recognized as such by any known native tribe.

I think he even went in search of Mel's Hole once... (it's too hard to say "Mel's Hole," without busting a gut)

I thought the Luciferian Remote Viewer (can't remember his name--a student of Ed Dames) was entertaining , albeit full of crap.

And I used to like Ed Dames just because he never got anything right and yet always predicted the most dire of events.
Where is that killshot anyways? lol

Usually though, the most interesting guests have only been on once or twice... The regulars just aren't entertaining enough with Noory.

Supernormal

I liked Charlie Tart, a recent guest on the show. I might have his first name wrong. He presented ESP and assorted parapsychological things in a rational way, and he had a nice demeanor. He might be my new go-to guy for those subjects, which means that we'll seldom hear him. LOL

xpmark12

I like Stanton Friedman, but he has never said anything I could take seriously.I would not buy a used car from the man.Stanton is so heavily invested in space visitations that he couldn't backtrack if he wanted to.

MABUSE

Quote from: Supernormal on July 18, 2009, 09:05:38 PM
I liked Charlie Tart, a recent guest on the show. I might have his first name wrong. He presented ESP and assorted parapsychological things in a rational way, and he had a nice demeanor. He might be my new go-to guy for those subjects, which means that we'll seldom hear him. LOL

There was one psychic who I heard a couple of times and who once, roundly tore into the Gilded Turd about some of his BS and reminded him he should be responsible and thoughtful before he opened his big mouth since so many people listened to him (this was actually about Shrub, Cheney & WOT).   He was also very interesting about his "calling" and was very matter of fact about what he thought was going on with it.  Utterly devoid of the "Angels and Demons" melodrama Georgie loves.  He also wasn't very interested in Nibiru, the Illuminati or 2012 either.  Needless to say he was never heard from again.   His name was something or other King I think...

**M**

Supernormal

Quote from: MABUSE on August 12, 2009, 11:36:58 AM

There was one psychic who I heard a couple of times and who once, roundly tore into the Gilded Turd about some of his BS and reminded him he should be responsible and thoughtful before he opened his big mouth since so many people listened to him (this was actually about Shrub, Cheney & WOT).   He was also very interesting about his "calling" and was very matter of fact about what he thought was going on with it.  Utterly devoid of the "Angels and Demons" melodrama Georgie loves.  He also wasn't very interested in Nibiru, the Illuminati or 2012 either.  Needless to say he was never heard from again.   His name was something or other King I think...

**M**

I don't recall a guest with that surname, but you might like Diane Powell, who's quite educated and experienced in the field of parapsychology. She seems to be another go-to-guest for ESP. I have at least one for most subjects covered on the show. I won't mention them since Tommy might read the forum. ;-)

Graham Hancock -- Some of his theories aren't exactly rock solid (like the Orion Correlation) but some are plausible, and he's always got interesting things to say about Zahi Hawass and the reigning authorities at Egypt's archeological sites.

Graham Phillips -- The second of the British Grahams, this guy does his research. I loved the show where he talked about how the volcanic explosion on Thera (Santorini) could have been a real-life explanation for the phenomena described in the Plagues of Egypt.

Michio Kaku -- You gotta love a physicist who will spend five hours fielding calls about the most insane things imaginable, and who can have a long conversation about how the Q from Stark Trek would be "a type III civilization." I especially love his discussions about time dilation and humanity's possible future as a spacefaring civilization.

Terence McKenna -- It's tempting to lump the late McKenna into the same category as the Richard Hoaglands and Jose Escamillas, because he talks about some insane things. But I always found him to be humble and always willing to entertain differing opinions, a trait you rarely see in people as brilliant as he was. Terence was a nice guy, a gentle soul, and a great guest for Coast to Coast.