• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

oy-way

I found this exchange to be a very interesting read.

Quote from: Chronaut on January 25, 2016, 02:32:53 PM
I can't tell if you're intentionally misrepresenting the process of reasoning to bolster your baseless/illogical conclusion, or if you just don't understand empirical reasoning.

There's no evidence that Art has lied about his story.  None. 

Quote from: Night Train on January 25, 2016, 06:54:26 PM
Guys like SFA and Chronaut are either being disingenuous, or very sloppy, when they say there's no "evidence" that Art is lying.

They're using evidence to mean proof.  But evidence doesn't mean proof.

If a man's wife turns up stabbed to death in his home, and he goes on trial for murder, the prosecution can use as evidence the fact that he had recently taken out five million dollars worth of insurance on his wife.  They can also use the fact that he told a friend that "he'd had it up to here with the bitch" as evidence.  Likewise, if he had been cheating on his wife, that can be used as evidence.  None of these, individually or taken as a whole, are absolute proof that the man murdered his wife.  But they certainly constitute evidence for that conclusion.

Can anyone prove that Art is lying?  No.  But there is plenty of evidence to suggest that's he's lying.

Likewise, no one can prove that Art is telling the truth, because there's no proof that there was a death threat, or that he went out to confront a stalker and was shot at.  Filing a police report proves nothing, except that Art filed a police report.

So stop saying there's no evidence that Art made all or most of it up. There's plenty of evidence for that proposition, even if there's no absolute proof.  And there's zero proof that Art got a death threat or confronted a stalker, and there's very little evidence for either of those claims.

"Likewise, no one can prove that Art is telling the truth,..."
So very true.

paladin1991

Quote from: Lunger on July 22, 2017, 08:26:09 AM
There is no Del Taco in Encinitas!

You're a big liar!  Hey everybody.  Come look at the big liar!

Encinatas?  Oops, Escondido. 

Lunger

oy-way

I smell death in this thread.

oy-way

the voice of reason

ZaZa

Quote from: Jackstar on March 26, 2017, 09:37:23 PM

dismissive hand-wanking gestures

I lettered in this.

HELLO CREEP!

I hear footsteps of grim ripper approaching. Do you?

Art Bell

Just to be clear I never said I was under any financial pressure to say "George gets it". Go back and check the posts, it's funny how things posted here get inflated with time. I was Retiring and only knew that George had been doing a Paranormal show th St Louis. I was asked to say that by the Boss to help him launch, that's all. No financial pressure at all. I think once somebody says "Fake News" enough times people start to believe it. As I said go back and check the posts.

This is the first time I have been here in a long time and I see the hate just keeps coming, I will never the less continue to be a member here and will check in every now and then to see if anything has changed.

Art

albrecht

Quote from: Art Bell on July 24, 2017, 09:02:49 PM
Just to be clear I never said I was under any financial pressure to say "George gets it". Go back and check the posts, it's funny how things posted here get inflated with time. I was Retiring and only knew that George had been doing a Paranormal show th St Louis. I was asked to say that by the Boss to help him launch, that's all. No financial pressure at all. I think once somebody says "Fake News" enough times people start to believe it. As I said go back and check the posts.

This is the first time I have been here in a long time and I see the hate just keeps coming, I will never the less continue to be a member here and will check in every now and then to see if anything has changed.

Art
Great. I hope you and the family (including new member) are well. I wish you still did a show, even a podcast some time. I thought, even at time, the better option. I guess like Obama and those types might say: don't hate the player, hate the game?  But, oh well. Don't like Heather's stuff and Norry is fun for a listen due, mainly, the comedy aspect (inadvertent) and will still have sometimes good guests on like LMH. Best to you and all your family though. Be well.

Rix Gins

Art

Hi Art.  Thanks for stopping by.  Always fun to read your posts.  Best to you and yours.

Art

Nice to see ya, Art. Congrats on the young 'un.  Bellgab has its share of haters no doubt but you still have fans here too.  Don't forget that.  God Bless and Take Care.

Art

Yuh know, it seems sometimes you set up a straw man to refute, then do that instead of respond to what people actually say or question.

I think people mostly suggest you said that about George because it was the easy thing to do, the expedient thing to say (or its so odd, they really don't know what to make of it).  And if you are willing to make comments you don't really mean, why would they trust you on other comments you make on other topics, when they don't seem to make sense.  So, nothing about ''financial pressure''.

And not sure about ''hate'' either.  All the nonsense has just been very disappointing.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on July 24, 2017, 09:35:26 PM
Yuh know, it seems sometimes you set up a straw man to refute, then do that instead of respond to what people actually say or question.

I think people mostly suggest you said that about George because it was the easy thing to do, the expedient thing to say.  Or its so odd they really don't know what to think.  And if you are willing to make comments you don't really mean, why would they trust you on other comments you make on other topics.  So, nothing about ''financial pressure''.

And not sure about ''hate''.  Just disappointment.

Yeah Art! I have disappointments too.

Dispointed that I can't listen to you live....
What'cha you gonna do about it boy?

I want Art!   We want Art!
Art please come back!

Dr. MD MD

Art

That's the spirit, Art!  :D

When the going gets weird the weird turn pro.  ;) - Hunter S. Thompson

chefist

Art

Art...in all honesty. No one cares. Enjoy your life in the high dessert. We are all shadows and dust. Why do you think you are any different?

Dyna-X

Art
Oh, but things do change here. Every day, in fact. One day killer clowns the next rabid raccoons and fake news spreaders. Its never boring. Even your old arch troublemakers change their names and avatars - daily.  MV even changes the top right corner link now and then. (Its his way of reminding us he's still alive)

albrecht

Quote from: Dyna-X Ⓤ on July 24, 2017, 10:17:38 PM
Oh, but things do change here. Every day, in fact. One day killer clowns the next rabid raccoons and fake news spreaders. Its never boring. Even your old arch troublemakers change their names and avatars - daily.  MV even changes the top right corner link now and then. (Its his way of reminding us he's still alive)
Hey, Ian, when Art did a break or whatever, and did a New Years Prediction Show a caller predicted various rodents would start to attack people. It was years ago but one sees more and more odd animal attacks. So? Maybe the guy was right, just not on year (like any Art or C2C guest and expert. After all, quantum etc, hard/impossible to predict place and time....)

chefist

Quote from: albrecht on July 24, 2017, 10:26:24 PM
Hey, Ian, when Art did a break or whatever, and did a New Years Prediction Show a caller predicted various rodents would start to attack people. It was years ago but one sees more and more odd animal attacks. So? Maybe the guy was right, just not on year (like any Art or C2C guest and expert. After all, quantum etc, hard/impossible to predict place and time....)

Holy Crap! You are right! The mouse incident...it's all coming together at this point!

It's all coming clear to me know. Imagine a website where you go to get your ass licked on a daily basis. Ha...no, doesn't exist...is that what Art is looking for?

bateman

https://patch.com/new-york/new-york-city/rabid-brooklyn-squirrel-caught-video-mid-bite

albrecht

Quote from: Chefist on July 24, 2017, 10:43:21 PM
Grizzly Bear Man...

Scariest movie I ever seen. (Those German directors do that.)

Uncle Duke

Hey Art-

Can you give us an update on the stalker?  Did the reward you offered result in any tips useful to local law enforcement?

Dyna-X

I remember that. There are plenty of stories about wildlife being more aggressive which is written off as habitat encroachment and "familiarity" which seems contradictory. Its also being seen in pets (i.e. dog attacks on postal carriers) so the wildlife theory is weak. People on people attacks are more common as well. Bellgab is less civil as a whole - but forums in general are that way. Look at old boards from 2003 - you would think it was Mr. Rogers neighborhood in comparison. There were always trolls and random rude people, but now the venom is so natural its ubiquitous.
https://patch.com/us/across-america/dog-attacks-postal-workers-see-increase-2016

Quote from: Chefist on July 24, 2017, 09:54:57 PM
Art...in all honesty. No one cares. Enjoy your life in the high dessert. We are all shadows and dust. Why do you think you are any different?

Thats the thing.  No one cares anymore.  But if Art thinks he can come on line and be all chummy with everyone - the way he's conducted himself - that's not going to happen. 

Maybe he should just interact with his fans, and ignore everyone else.

ZaZa

Art

hey you Art,
it wasn't financial pressure it was a financial incentive.
But I don't have time to address you silly sap post right now. I will do it tomorrow, (if MV doesn't ban me again).
Right now I have more interesting and important things to do like washing my socks, and fapping listening to C2C.Great show tonight.

BTW, Art I suggest you post here more often.
Judging by the ass licking you got you can save money on diapers.

Don't be shy to say "hi" to your first 3 kids (and their kids) your grandchildren.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: kf5iwe on July 25, 2013, 02:12:28 PM
Oh no I can fix it. I listen to WJR-760 am on my CCrane wifi radio. i subscribe to the Free press on my kindle. I am thinking about moving to the U.P. of Michigan, currently I live in south Louisiana where it is very hot. I am 45 and have lived in the heat almost all of my life. Next spring I am going to take a trip up there to look around. But I can fix Detroit.

kf5iwe's real name was Dan Gilbert. And now you know the rest of the story.

Good day.

Art

Come on, man, I've never worked a day in my life in broadcasting, but even I know the concept of social and professional currency. Back then, a kind word from you was worth something in the world of woo, especially from the king of night radio, and especially to somebody trying to get in. No financial pressure, my ass, more like financial incentive (keep getting that royalty check every month!).

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 24, 2017, 11:00:12 PM
Hey Art-

Can you give us an update on the stalker?  Did the reward you offered result in any tips useful to local law enforcement?

The stalker is being sued for not delivering on his stalking and blackmail duties. Later to have the accompanying book; 'How to scare the shit out of your young daughter because you want to retire instead of trot out the same old crap you don't believe in, but can't admit it'.

To be followed by: 'Getting your simpering sychophant to pretend to call the cops on your behalf even though she's miles away'