• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sports Kneelers

Started by Zenman, September 24, 2017, 02:09:25 AM

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 25, 2017, 12:17:50 PM
Indeed. They should be forced to respect the flag and be grateful they're free.

No, they should want to respect the flag.  I know it is hard concept for Europeans to grasp so you are excused.  You've never had freedom.  As my Mom used to say, if you can't say something nice perhaps you should say nothing.  Trump could also learn from that.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 25, 2017, 12:27:05 PM
Baseball was my sport as well.  I was a Dodger fan as they were my home team when I was young.  My blood remains Dodger blue to some degree.  My guess is you were a Giants fan. Sucks to be you!   ;D ;) I still occasionally catch a game though I don't watch it on a daily or even weekly basis.  Ah, sometimes I long for the days of yore with Garvey, Cey, Lopes, Russell, Baker, Smith and yes Fernando.

I can't go back even if I wanted to.  The games are supposed to be about 2 hours and 20 minutes, with scores like 1-0, 2-1, 3-2, 4-2.  Now after 5 hours we're still in the 6th inning.  Hitters out of the batters box after every pitch, pitchers taking forever to throw, instead of trying to get the hitter to hit one of the first couple of pitches every count goes 3-2.  Unwatchable.

When every hit matters, every base, every run, it's an exciting game.  When it's just a bunch of home runs and strikeouts and 13-4, it's deadly boring.

Quote from: TigerLily on September 25, 2017, 09:21:17 AM
There were so many great games yesterday all around the NFL. A very good day of football.  Seeing management, coaches and players of all races and creeds, arms locked, standing, sitting or kneeling was truly inspiring and represented what's best about America.  All unified in protest against hate, bigotry and divisiveness as personified by President Trump.

And Trump must be a happy camper too. It got the Russian investigation out of the headlines for a little while. Now he will have to go back to insulting North Korea instead of athletes to get another breather

It was great.  After showing what assholes they are before the game, they then went out to try and give each other permanent brain damage.  LOL

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 25, 2017, 12:27:05 PM
...  My guess is you were a Giants fan. Sucks to be you!...

All those years waiting for a World Series, I didn't even watch any of the games in 2002, 2010, 2012, or 2014.  Glad to have missed the entire Barry Bonds era...

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 25, 2017, 12:50:44 PM
All those years waiting for a World Series, I didn't even watch any of the games in 2002, 2010, 2012, or 2014.  Glad to have missed the entire Barry Bonds era...

Yeah, Barry Bonds only solidified my resolve for a while not to watch the game.  I knew something was going terribly wrong with the game when Jose Canseco and Mark McGwire came up.  A blind man could see they were taking steroids.  Any home run records broke between let's say 1990 and 2005 should have an asterisk by them.  I still consider Hank Aaron to be the home run king not Bonds.  I hope someone comes along and breaks the Bonds record w/o steroids so it is official.

I 've been to a few games the last few years and they went by fast enough for me but yeah they can drag sometimes.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 25, 2017, 12:30:19 PM
No, they should want to respect the flag.  I know it is hard concept for Europeans to grasp so you are excused.  You've never had freedom.  As my Mom used to say, if you can't say something nice perhaps you should say nothing.  Trump could also learn from that.

Ah yes, American freedom. Like being forced to fight in Vietnam.

GravitySucks

I have to LMAO.

I just witnessed an argument about Trump, racism and the KKK where someone brought up the fact that the democrats started the KKK.

The democrat's response? 

"I know. Trump was a democrat for 8 years. What makes you think he changed?"

Zetaspeak

I will never hate on any player for getting paid. Sports is big business why shouldn't the workers with a specific skill set not get a share. Pages back there was talk about "their Universities" well these players (mostly black) are putting a lot of money into Universities and not getting nearly as much in return.

Something I got from Trump comments is that he really has no value on work skills, he views every worker as interchangeable. Him saying "Fire him" without thinking of how valuable this person is or even if it can start a mutiny with the rest of the employees . Trump really is a shitty businessman, and shows that even in his administration if filled with yes man and family members, not the most skilled or qualified.

Who would u replace these protest players with? Scabs, third-rate players. We have learned that doesn't fly in America. Secondary leagues or replacement players always flop. Trump should know that best with his failed USFL, have cheaper players with less talent and sell it head to head with NFL (XFL decades later learned the same lesson) hell when they tried having replacement refs fans hated it because as bad as regular refs can be the drop off was shockingly huge.

Quote from: Zetaspeak on September 25, 2017, 01:26:44 PM
I will never hate on any player for getting paid. Sports is big business why shouldn't the workers with a specific skill set not get a share. Pages back there was talk about "their Universities" well these players (mostly black) are putting a lot of money into Universities and not getting nearly as much in return.

Something I got from Trump comments is that he really has no value on work skills, he views every worker as interchangeable. Him saying "Fire him" without thinking of how valuable this person is or even if it can start a mutiny with the rest of the employees . Trump really is a shitty businessman, and shows that even in his administration if filled with yes man and family members, not the most skilled or qualified.

Who would u replace these protest players with? Scabs, third-rate players. We have learned that doesn't fly in America. Secondary leagues or replacement players always flop. Trump should know that best with his failed USFL, have cheaper players with less talent and sell it head to head with NFL (XFL decades later learned the same lesson) hell when they tried having replacement refs fans hated it because as bad as regular refs can be the drop off was shockingly huge.

Who is hating players for getting paid?  You are making quite a leap.  What many are sick of are the extravagant salaries that dominate professional sports. Too bad we don't value other professions as highly as sports. Yes, in football there are more risks what with the brain damage that many players end up with so perhaps a higher compensation is justifiable. However, my main point in response to your post is if the players continue to act like this, more and more fans are going to turn it off and in the end there may be some teams that go broke and there will be fewer jobs. Third rate players will be the least of the NFL's problems.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 25, 2017, 12:30:19 PM
No, they should want to respect the flag.  I know it is hard concept for Europeans to grasp so you are excused.  You've never had freedom.  As my Mom used to say, if you can't say something nice perhaps you should say nothing.  Trump could also learn from that.

Utter shit. There are more regulations over petty shit in the States than in the UK. There's no confidence in anyone's ability to drive with any measure of ability that EVERY fucking street has a stop sign every fifty to a hundred yards. Yet they don't bother making sure the cars are actually road worthy. I see cars every day (including one the other day that had no hood on the engine bay!) that would be scrapped in the UK. Freedom? Yeah freedom to drive a potential death trap. Freedom to wreck the peace and quiet with leaf blowers at 8.30 on a weekend but god help you if you complain.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 25, 2017, 01:35:40 PM
Utter shit. There are more regulations over petty shit in the States than in the UK. There's no confidence in anyone's ability to drive with any measure of ability that EVERY fucking street has a stop sign every fifty to a hundred yards. Yet they don't bother making sure the cars are actually road worthy. I see cars every day (including one the other day that had no hood on the engine bay!) that would be scrapped in the UK. Freedom? Yeah freedom to drive a potential death trap. Freedom to wreck the peace and quiet with leaf blowers at 8.30 on a weekend but god help you if you complain.

Oh boo hoo. Turn on a fan. Some people get up with the sun.  Not me but there are some.

GravitySucks

That's actually quite funny when you read it with a wanker accent.

SredniVashtar

And we don't get stroppy letters from a group of suburban Nazis telling us to keep our lawn tidy or else. Which, considering the Senda-level state of my front garden at the moment, is a good thing.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 25, 2017, 01:39:48 PM
That's actually quite funny when you read it with a wanker accent.

It can be read in Braille, its true.

Gd5150

Putting media created nothing burgers in perspective one fake contravercy at a time. Once again a small minority protesting gets all the libtard media coverage. Shocker.

https://youtu.be/hp88VHFtFc8

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 25, 2017, 01:20:03 PM
Ah yes, American freedom. Like being forced to fight in Vietnam.

Before my time and I'm not going to waddle into that topic though once again we were trying to clean up European messes.  My, I'm feeling my oats today.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 25, 2017, 01:41:27 PM
And we don't get stroppy letters from a group of suburban Nazis telling us to keep our lawn tidy or else. Which, considering the Senda-level state of my front garden at the moment, is a good thing.

Gas leaf blowers usually used by the (And I use the phrase advisedly-'Landscape gardeners') do nothing but blow shit up (bird shit, animal shit, pollen, a few leaves, more dust and shit) up into the air for people to breath in, at the same time pebble dashing the car of the next door neighbour. The shit then settles there to be blown into next door, or the street.

Jackstar

Yeah freedom to drive a potential death trap.

Jesus, you cry a lot.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 25, 2017, 01:41:27 PM

I'm with you about homeowner's associations.  They are a nightmare but I choose not to live in such a neighborhood.  I neglected planting a garden this year because I hate to go out every other day to water plants though I did miss my tomatoes.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 25, 2017, 01:45:07 PM
Before my time and I'm not going to waddle into that topic though once again we were trying to clean up European messes.  My, I'm feeling my oats today.

In other words I'm right, as usual. I accept your apology.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on September 25, 2017, 01:44:14 PM
Putting media created nothing burgers in perspective one fake contravercy at a time. Once again a small minority protesting gets all the libtard media coverage. Shocker.

Has your orange god sorted out health care, NK, the ME, built the wall, the damage caused by the recent hurricanes?

No?

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 25, 2017, 01:46:31 PM
Gas leaf blowers usually used by the (And I use the phrase advisedly-'Landscape gardeners') do nothing but blow shit up (bird shit, animal shit, pollen, a few leaves, more dust and shit) up into the air for people to breath in, at the same time pebble dashing the car of the next door neighbour. The shit then settles there to be blown into next door, or the street.

You could choose to live in a neighborhood where there are no trees.  There are many such neighborhoods especially in the western half of our beautiful land.  Amarillo or Tucumcari would be perfect for you.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 25, 2017, 01:47:38 PM
I'm with you about homeowner's associations.  They are a nightmare but I choose not to live in such a neighborhood.  I neglected planting a garden this year because I hate to go out every other day to water plants though I did miss my tomatoes.

I've had this argument with lazy Americans before. No doubt you're too busy enjoying your freedom to attend to the little things, but you can buy crystals that you mix with the soil so that they soak up the water and keep the plant moist. That's what people use if they go on holiday.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 25, 2017, 01:51:39 PM
I've had this argument with lazy Americans before. No doubt you're too busy enjoying your freedom to attend to the little things, but you can buy crystals that you mix with the soil so that they soak up the water and keep the plant moist. That's what people use if they go on holiday.

I think there are EPA regulations against the use of those.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 25, 2017, 01:54:02 PM
I think there are EPA regulations against the use of those.

Not over here. Poor slaves, letting the gubmint boss you around.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 25, 2017, 01:51:00 PM
You could choose to live in a neighborhood where there are no trees.  There are many such neighborhoods especially in the western half of our beautiful land.  Amarillo or Tucumcari would be perfect for you.

What? They can use a rake. It isn't difficult.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 25, 2017, 01:55:42 PM
Not over here. Poor slaves, letting the gubmint boss you around.

I though we had guns so they couldn't do that.

I am so confused. 

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 25, 2017, 01:48:27 PM
In other words I'm right, as usual. I accept your apology.

Those are your words, not mine but if it makes you happy,  I'll let you persist in your belief. ;D

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 25, 2017, 01:51:00 PM

Nebraska. The state tree is the telephone pole.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 25, 2017, 01:51:39 PM

Not particularly lazy just took a break this year.  I would like to know what that magical substance is because it sure isn't Miracle-Gro.  Food does not replace water.