• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sports Kneelers

Started by Zenman, September 24, 2017, 02:09:25 AM

Swishypants

Quote from: Juan on October 10, 2017, 04:58:06 AM
Y.A. Tittle - the original sports kneeler dead at 90. Damn MV and his new photo display rules. You’ll have to look it up yourself.

That's a Coonass Boy right there by-God! :)

GravitySucks

I noticed all of this year’s MLB playoff games start at 8 minutes past the hour or half hour. I went to the first Astros game. I noticed that the National Anthem ended at 2:58, TV coverage started at 3:00 and first pitch was at 3:08. I wonder if this was MLB’s way of not having this controversy televised. No one kneeled at the game I attended.

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 10, 2017, 12:58:47 PM
I noticed all of this year’s MLB playoff games start at 8 minutes past the hour or half hour. I went to the first Astros game. I noticed that the National Anthem ended at 2:58, TV coverage started at 3:00 and first pitch was at 3:08. I wonder if this was MLB’s way of not having this controversy televised. No one kneeled at the game I attended.

The only one doing it in MLB is some backup catcher for the Oakland A's

I'm not having a problem posting pics.

It's being reported the NFL comissioner is instructing all players to stand at respectful attention during the National Anthem and flag ceremonies.

What happened to their phony ''free speech'' rights - did those go away, or was that BS from the start?  What happened to the pretend media's narrative that attendance and ratings are down for other reasons, and certainly not this - was that just more fake news from them? 

The illiterate players were right, most of them weren't trying to disrespect the flag and the country.  It's just that is the only time the spotlight is on them, so they decided to steal the occasion for their own egos.  The problem is, Kapernick and others clearly did intentionally do it to disrespect the flag and country, and the others tagging along were disrespectful as well, whether they understood that or not.

The Commissioner offered to work with them at other (non-game) times to get their issues out.  Let's see how much interest there is in that from the fans and the rest of the country  - oh sure, the media and the devisive Democrats will try to whip up interest and division, I'm guessing it will peter out when few show interest and players realize they could be at home playing video games instead.

Jackstar

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 10, 2017, 01:09:57 PM
Kapernick and others clearly did intentionally do it to disrespect the flag and country

I don't see that there is any rational basis for this conclusion. Did I miss an interview? Help us out here.

Quote from: Jackstar on October 10, 2017, 01:24:42 PM

I don't see that there is any rational basis for this conclusion. Did I miss an interview? Help us out here.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691077/article/colin-kaepernick-explains-why-he-sat-during-national-anthem 

Jackstar

That's not disrespect to the flag and country. That's disrespect to its policies. Big, big difference.

Perhaps if this guy had spent more time learning how to be literate in English (is it even his mother tongue?), he would have made his point more clearly--and then it would have been misreported anyway.

Quote from: Jackstar on October 09, 2017, 11:02:12 PM
https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/yp89dj/stephen-a-smith-points-out-nfls-paid-patriotism-problem

I see this activity as far more insulting and disrespectful to the country than some thick-headed ballcatcher's calisthenics on the field. I'm embarrassed for you to be falling for this blatant jingoism.

Swishypants

Monroe purchased Liberia for the slaves. Any Black American is entitled to free passage and citizenship there. Wonder why they don't go?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Swishypants on October 10, 2017, 04:33:45 PM
Monroe purchased Liberia for the slaves. Any Black American is entitled to free passage and citizenship there. Wonder why they don't go?

Did you learn that in “Fractured History for Dummies”?

Swishypants

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 10, 2017, 04:42:34 PM
Did you learn that in “Fractured History for Dummies”?

Oh boy! You're in for a revelation. Go look it up! (sea passage only is covered but it's still on the books and any Black that can prove decedent status from Slaves can get free passage there and automatic citizenship. I believe there is a stipend for homesteading that goes along with it but I don't remember what it is)

Swishypants

None will go because they know grifting off the white man is far easier than cutting out a nation for themselves in Africa.

Zetaspeak

Quote from: Jackstar on October 09, 2017, 11:02:12 PM

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/yp89dj/stephen-a-smith-points-out-nfls-paid-patriotism-problem

You seem woefully uneducated as to the nature of things on this planet. Seriously. Read more.

Oh believe me I am well aware of the connection. But that's not really on the players, that's more on the owners/league. If you have a problem with it you should have a problem with or without kneeling.

I was iffy about the whole militarization after 9/11 when we started having regular army guards and fly overs before every game. Especially when the government was really pushing the march to war.

Again giving free money to owners to build stadiums and not relocating has been a long tradition. I would guess it happens in red states more then blue states as liberals tend to get their back up more for corporate welfare.

Look there's a laundry list of things to be against from hiring wife beaters, drug users, gun violence, tax funded stadiums, forced patriotism, ignoring concussions that caused CTE players to suicide & murder(which Trump want's to go back to because he hates sissy football) I find it fascinating that all the being said, it was a black dudes kneeling to a anthem is what caused the "moralists" to be outraged.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Zetaspeak on October 10, 2017, 09:56:23 PM
Look there's a laundry list of things to be against from hiring wife beaters, drug users, gun violence, tax funded stadiums, forced patriotism, ignoring concussions that caused CTE players to suicide & murder(which Trump want's to go back to because he hates sissy football) I find it fascinating that all the being said, it was a black dudes kneeling to a anthem is what caused the "moralists" patriots to be outraged.

FIFY  ;)

Dr. MD MD

The Sports Kneelers
Kneelers in disguise  8)

Swishypants

"I used to have an NFL! But then I took a Kneeler to the Knee."

albrecht

This whole thing is remarkably weird. I recall it was respectful to "take a knee" in the past. For someone who was injured, for a rest, for a prayer before a game, etc.
Has this phenomena gotten to hockey yet? Often, depending on teams, they play Canadian and American anthems and I've never seen protests. Yet, I guess.

Swishypants

Quote from: albrecht on October 10, 2017, 10:51:01 PM
This whole thing is remarkably weird. I recall it was respectful to "take a knee" in the past. For someone who was injured, for a rest, for a prayer before a game, etc.
Has this phenomena gotten to hockey yet? Often, depending on teams, they play Canadian and American anthems and I've never seen protests. Yet, I guess.

I am just glad people are quitting watching a childhood game all the time. If you're over 22 years old you have more important shit to be paying attention to. These over-payed athletes are going back to Walmart! Yipeee!

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on October 10, 2017, 10:51:01 PM

Mostly journalists trying their best to stir up shit.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/sidney-crosby-white-house-1.4308012

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/09/28/nolte-yahoo-sportswriter-shames-black-nhl-star-refuses-protest-national-anthem/

Up All Night

ESPN PTI host Michael Wilbon compares Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to a slave owner

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/oct/10/michael-wilbon-compares-jerry-jones-slave-owner/

On the same day that Jemele Hill was suspended from ESPN for tweeting about politics, another network personality, Michael Wilbon, compared Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to a slave owner.

Mr. Wilbon, co-host of “Pardon the Interruption,” took issue with Mr. Jones’ stance that players who do not stand for the national anthem before football games will not play.

“And the word that comes to my mind―and I don’t care who doesn’t like me using it―is plantation,” Mr. Wilbon said on Monday’s show.

Up All Night

IF the NFL can force the sexist act of requiring players wear pink with no way to opt out, then the NFL can require players to stand for the National Anthem, with no way to opt out, imo.

Quote from: Up All Night on October 10, 2017, 11:49:13 PM
ESPN PTI host Michael Wilbon compares Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to a slave owner...

Yeah, it's a little known fact that the minimum salary for a slave was $500,000, and the handful who were best at their jobs received contracts in excess of $100 million.

NFL players aren't entitled to drive away customers any more than the guy taking orders at Burger King is.

I look forward to the day when the people constantly trying to divide our country by race are held in the same contempt as smokers and drunk drivers.  Someone really needs to make a movie about the history of the Democrat Party - right up to today.

Swishypants

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 10, 2017, 11:59:44 PM
Yeah, it's a little known fact that the minimum salary for a slave was $500,000...

After room and board and medical and tools and clothing that's about what a Slave cost in adjusted dollars, and people think we beat 'em! Some crazy fuck did I'm sure but then again there are nutty bastards that take a sledge hammer to a Ferrari for fun, but it's rare! :)

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 11, 2017, 12:48:23 AM

My, you are one classy guy.  And you complain about Trump?  Hypocrite.

Do you and Pud have an agreement that when Pud wants to take a break from Bellgab,  you then show up and carry the torch while he's gone?

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 11, 2017, 12:55:29 AM

My, you are one classy guy.  And you complain about Trump?  Hypocrite.

Oh, triggered, Mr Politically Correct?  I guess you need a waaaaaaaaaaaaambulance.

I actually posted that here to see if any of you conservative/Republicans/pretend tough guys would get offended (or OUTRAGED!) by that.  Thanks for playing along.

Also, if and when I or Pud or the author of that political cartoon are elected President of the United States, then you can claim equivalency. 

Also #2, I highly doubt any 'classy' person can argue against the substance of that political cartoon.  Mr 'classy' Vice President did after all cost the U.S taxpayers around $250,000 for his pre planned partisan political stunt.  If and when the Republican Party picks up the tab for his partisan stunt, I'll take down the post.  (If that's possible.)

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 11, 2017, 12:58:22 AM
Oh, triggered, Mr Politically Correct?  I guess you need a waaaaaaaaaaaaambulance.

No.  You could never get me angry.  I know Trump can be an idiot and a bastard sometimes but you are nothing but a hypocrite just like most on the left.  Pence has more class on his pinky than you will ever have.  Pud should really pick someone classier than you to replace him when he goes on vacation.

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 11, 2017, 01:04:00 AM
No.  You could never get me angry.  I know Trump can be an idiot and a bastard sometimes but you are nothing but a hypocrite just like most on the left.  Pence has more class on his pinky  than you will ever have.  Pud should really pick someone classier than you to replace him when he goes on vacation.

You seemed to be angry and you voted for Trump, so you're a much bigger hypocrite and phony than I am.

Sleazebag Pence wouldn't have any class even if it bit him on his pinky.

I also don't know who Pud is.