• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The BellGab "New Member" Meet and Greet!

Started by GodsEqual, September 24, 2008, 02:13:23 AM

3OctaveFart

You're all too kind. I am merely your humble guest.

Enjoy the site, glad I found it. The high-water mark of the show coincided with a great run in my life. I'll always feel a kinship with it, even the current iteration.

sioux2

hi. 

only been here a few days, but I already love it.

and noory sucks  :D

Rasputin

Howdy all! I found this site when I typed in George Norry sucks, and after lurking for a weeks, decided to join in some of the discussions.

Although I still listen to C2C via streamlink, I'm pretty much down to Ian, and Knapp these days, but will occasionally listen to Noory when a really good guest is on.
I hope the show will change direction and dump Wells and Noory someday, and come up with a better host and format instead of the doom and gloom and tinfoil.

"Never Underestimate The Power Of Human Stupidity"

Robert Heinline

edm1820

First off, let me say Hello. I am a long time Coast to coast (Art Bell) fan who started listening back in 1997. I remember the year because it was right around when all the Pheonix Lights stuff went down (cant beleive it's been nearly 15 years!). Which was a great time to discover Arts show btw! Needless to say I was immediately hooked and had been a dedicated listener though around 2003 or 2004. When unfortunately I wasn't able to listen much anymore. To this day I still regret missing most of Arts final few years as host if C2C.

I still listen to C2C occasionally. Maybe once or twice a month. but I just have never been a big Noory fan.

Lately Ive been going back and listening to some classic Art Bell shows that I can find on usenet. Right now I am listening to the hale bopp shows with Robert MorningSky :p

Anyway, I was hoping someone might be able to help me with finding some episodes/dates. I know it's probably a shot in the dark, but I figure it cant hurt to ask.

1. Regarding the hale bopp shows. Did Art Bell ever address the Heaven's Gate scandal on air, when it happened? I know he took some unwarranted criticism when it happened and was just wondering what he said.

2. Are there any other classic shows you'd recommend going back and listening to again? Or any stuff between 2003 and his retirement I should try looking for?

Again, I know these are pretty random questions, but any help is appreciated.

Finally. I saw on Art's wiki page that he made a post here, back in February. Is that post still active?

Thanks

edm1820

Hello all. I've been here before, but only as a lurker. this is my first time joining. Glad to be here and agree completely.  Noory Sucks. Still holding out hope that one day, Art will return to radio.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: edm1820 on August 24, 2012, 01:44:42 AM
Hello all. I've been here before, but only as a lurker. this is my first time joining. Glad to be here and agree completely.  Noory Sucks. Still holding out hope that one day, Art will return to radio.

glad u made it here.  post often.

Quote from: edm1820 on August 24, 2012, 01:31:04 AM
Finally. I saw on Art's wiki page that he made a post here, back in February. Is that post still active?

you can see art's posts here.

just view a user's profile if you'd like to see their previous posts.

MV/Liberace!

oh, and i merged another post belonging to edm in this thread, hence the double greetings.  just wanted to explain to avoid confusion.

edm1820

Quote from: MV on August 24, 2012, 09:59:16 AM

you can see art's posts here.

just view a user's profile if you'd like to see their previous posts.

Cool, thanks a lot.

Alas a glimpse of an otherworldly essence so divine!  How sublime.  :)

ziznak

He's making his own santorum... you didn't get the memo?

eddie dean

hi everyone! love this site, love reading all the comments.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: eddie dean on September 08, 2012, 11:37:09 PM
hi everyone! love this site, love reading all the comments.

Hey, Eddie. Glad you're here. Post often.

korrine

hi HI HI hi hi!!!
Sorry i am excited, I just found this forum!! i have been an insider for  a few years but never thought to look for a forum to blab (well type..) about C2C , and all its high strangeness. I am sSOOOo happy !! so HI everybody!!!  ;D I have been reading some posts on the forum and ya'll are hilarious.

ziznak

Quote from: korrine on September 13, 2012, 01:00:49 PM
hi HI HI hi hi!!!
Sorry i am excited, I just found this forum!! i have been an insider for  a few years but never thought to look for a forum to blab (well type..) about C2C , and all its high strangeness. I am sSOOOo happy !! so HI everybody!!!  ;D I have been reading some posts on the forum and ya'll are hilarious.
Welcome!  Are you an anti-noorite as well?

korrine

No no. I love all the C2C men. They are all special in their own ways.   ;D   Art Bell was the best though!

ziznak

Ahhhh well then you've come to the right place!!! step into our handy dandy Coastgab Hate-ifyer and you shall learn the truth my child!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: korrine on September 13, 2012, 01:00:49 PM
hi HI HI hi hi!!!

glad you're here.  please post often.

Sichuan

Hi all,

Lurker turned new member.  As a guy drifting away from the current C2C, I see I have company.  Really appreciate the fineartstream and the insight from the commentariat.

Glad I found y'all!

Sardondi

Quote from: Sichuan on September 21, 2012, 03:50:27 AM
Hi all,

Lurker turned new member.  As a guy drifting away from the current C2C, I see I have company.  Really appreciate the fineartstream and the insight from the commentariat.

Glad I found y'all!

Yes, you only thought you were alone, as you were powerless to stop the increasing feelings of unhappiness and frustration over what you heard on C2C. You feel it important to try to support George, and think he's a wonderful guy; but his laziness, incompetence and downright goofiness are making it impossible for you to listen to C2C without getting angry, upset or confused.

So one day you stumble upon this web site, which exhilarates you but at the same time makes you feel guilty and disloyal...at first. As you read, you are amazed to find you are not alone. Indeed, far from it, as you see with growing pleasure that your own attitudes and feelings of frustration and guilt can be seen on every page...

Yep, we've been there before you, feeling the things you do. I'd suggest starting with the huge "George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium" thread. Don't just start on the last page and reading new posts as they come in. Instead I'd try to get a little taste of the past, and pick any spot randomly, say page 100, and then 216, 387, 479, etc. Just to see what a little of the history has been. And then just go wild, reading anything which strikes your fancy.

And I bet you'll be astounded at how much you see your own attitudes mirrored.