• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard C. Hoagland

Started by Richard C. Hoagland, July 20, 2008, 07:01:42 PM

SredniVashtar

Quote from: expat on July 13, 2015, 02:25:05 PM
This may be of interest...

http://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2015/07/bob-zimmerman-coast-to-coasts-new.html

I was thinking that was a bit of a left-field choice until I followed the link. There must be some appropriate Dylan song that sums up the current state of Coast. Desolation Row perhaps?

Jackstar

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 13, 2015, 02:56:01 PM
There must be some appropriate Dylan song that sums up the current state of Coast. Desolation Row perhaps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mns9VeRguys

Morgus

At least Hoagland is doing his marathon live broadcast on the Dark Matter network early Tues morning starting at 3AM PT (6AM ET) when the first Pluto probe data will start to appear.
Noory won't have anything to report during c2c's time period that ends at 2AM PT (5AM ET) and he never runs the program overtime for that stuff. ;)

VegasI15

Why do I give RCH a pass? Even though some of his theories are a bit "out there?"   Because he always has well thought out explanations for his theories.  He's very passionate about what he talks about and is very interesting to listen to.  As a bonus he doesn't care what his detractors say about him.   Nor should he since he has done more and knows more, than most all of his detractors combined. 

Do I take everything RCH says as gospel?  No, more with a grain of salt.  But it never hurt anyone to explore possibilities that are out there.  In fact it's a good thing to explore on the fringe of possibility.   

astroguy

Quote from: VegasI15 on July 13, 2015, 04:30:56 PM
As a bonus he doesn't care what his detractors say about him.   Nor should he since he has done more and knows more, than most all of his detractors combined.
I would dispute this second sentence, vehemently.  Many of his detractors are actual genuine scientists and science journalists who know a h--- of a lot more than Richard does about astronomy and space exploration.  And actually care about getting things right and don't claim that everything these days is a spaceship because they actually know what image compression artifacts do to an image.  As one example.

expat

Because he always has well thought out explanations for his theories. 

I don't call his "Ritual Alignment Model" well thought out.  Since he writes that NASA is "relentless, obsessed" why can he only cite one single Shuttle launch as conforming? Why does even that one launch FAIL TO CONFORM???

I don't call his Accutron "experiments" well thought out. He has NEVER stated a mathematical relationship between the frequency of the tuning fork and the frequency or amplitude of the "torsion field."

I don't call "Von Braun's Secret" well thought out. Mathematically, it's total hogwash. He forgot to evaluate a logarithm.

he has done more and knows more, than most all of his detractors combined. 
Ahem, I'm not going to list my accomplishments in life. I'll just say that my credits in TV documentary production outstrip his by a factor of about 50, and I'm the author of three times as many books as him.

nooropathy

NEW TIME for Hoagland's Pluto FlyBy Encounter Special on #DMTalk. 2-7 AM PDT, 5-10AM EDT http://fb.me/7rECYNC13

GNS

Morgus

Quote from: nooropathy on July 13, 2015, 04:47:14 PM
NEW TIME for Hoagland's Pluto FlyBy Encounter Special on #DMTalk. 2-7 AM PDT, 5-10AM EDT http://fb.me/7rECYNC13

GNS
Interestingly, now its 5 hours rather than 6 hours...

Quote from: expat on July 13, 2015, 04:44:38 PM
I don't call "Von Braun's Secret" well thought out. Mathematically, it's total hogwash. He forgot to evaluate a logarithm.

And he did that because he didn't understand the basis of the equation.  He knows a lot of minutia and understands high school level science fairly well, but his knowledge doesn't go beyond that.  He doesn't even display a proper understanding of the fundamentals of the scientific method, let alone the language of nature which is the calculus, differential equations, linear algebra, and other advanced maths necessary to describe relationships in the physical world. 

He has a layman's understanding and fascination with science which is great, which gives him the tools to play the long con, but it doesn't equip him to evaluate his claims and make the sorts of boasts that he does.

nbirnes

Quote from: Morgus on July 13, 2015, 04:54:12 PM

That's this morning, right? Just as we close down Bella-Haven ... we can give him a nice shout-out and lead-in, and folks who were playing in the chat can just stay there if they'd like.

I can play the show on our stream as well, so if you're already comfy in the chat, you would just hit the refresh button and voila! Hoagland speaks!

Jackstar

Quote from: expat on July 13, 2015, 04:44:38 PM
Ahem, I'm not going to list my accomplishments in life. I'll just say that my credits in TV documentary production outstrip his by a factor of about 50, and I'm the author of three times as many books as him.

PLOT TWIST: expat is Hoagland from the future.

astroguy

Quote from: Morgus on July 13, 2015, 04:54:12 PM
Not necessarily.  Events start at 7:20AM EDT and go until 9AM EDT.  It's random media interviews for the next three hours, until 12PM EDT, so it makes sense for Richard to cut out then.  Individual perspective talks fill the next 3.25 hrs, then receptions starting at 5 and going until 9:15PM, and then 9:30-10 is another media event, since the "phone home" signal should come at 8:53-9:09PM EDT.

Lilith

Quote from: nbirnes on July 13, 2015, 05:05:26 PM
That's this morning, right? Just as we close down Bella-Haven ... we can give him a nice shout-out and lead-in, and folks who were playing in the chat can just stay there if they'd like.

I can play the show on our stream as well, so if you're already comfy in the chat, you would just hit the refresh button and voila! Hoagland speaks!

Sounds like a plan to me Nancy !!!

Muff Cabbage

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on July 13, 2015, 01:53:58 PM
RCH, is that you?

No it is not, sorry. I just like pizza and strippers.

trostol

didnt he have to invent his own math or something to get his figures to come out right?

as for the show..i would totally listen but that 5 am til 10 am thing is when i shall be sleeping lol

Hog

New Horizons(Extended Version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hbp8QYUQpc#t=17

New Horizons Mission Update - July 13, 2015

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNSGTbS3xuQ

Tuesday, July 14
7:30 to 8 a.m. â€" Arrival at Pluto Countdown Program; live on NASA TV

At approximately 7:49 a.m (Eastern)., New Horizons is scheduled to be as close as the spacecraft will get to Pluto, approximately 7,800 miles (12,500 kilometers) above the surface, after a journey of more than nine years and three billion miles. For much of the day, New Horizons will be out of communication with mission control as it gathers data about Pluto and its moons.

Should be exciting!

Juan Cena

Quote from: Jackstar on July 13, 2015, 05:19:49 PM

PLOT TWIST: expat is Hoagland from the future.

DOUBLE PLOT TWIST: expat is both Hoagland AND John Titor from the future.

Art Bell7 hrs · NEW TIME for Hoagland's Pluto FlyBy Encounter Special on ‪#‎DMTalk‬.
  2-7 AM PDT, 5-10 AM EDT Tuesday Morning July 14th
http://artbell.com/pluto-the-last-encounter/
http://darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com

Quote from: Juan Cena on July 13, 2015, 11:20:33 PM
DOUBLE PLOT TWIST: expat is both Hoagland AND John Titor from the future.

Now I'm confused.  Was he John Titor before he was expat or after?

Juan Cena

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 13, 2015, 11:40:01 PM
Now I'm confused.  Was he John Titor before he was expat or after?

Yes

Jackstar

expat wouldn't be Titor yet at this point.

can confirm
source: I'm a Time Traveler

You guys are going to have to give a summation of the show.  This show isn't exactly on at a good time for those of us in the East who go to bed at 4 or 5 in the morning.

paladin1991

Quote from: Muff Cabbage on July 13, 2015, 08:13:32 PM
No it is not, sorry. I just like pizza and strippers.

Can't fault a man for his preferences.  At least yours are All-American and wholesome.

paladin1991

Quote from: Jackstar on July 14, 2015, 12:15:23 AM
expat wouldn't be Titor yet at this point.

can confirm
source: I'm a Time Traveler

You mean.....?

testing101

Its at an awful time for those of us PST too. Once in a lifetime event though. No SLEEP AT ALL will be had tonight. Good thing for tea and coffee.

Juan Cena

Quote from: testing101 on July 14, 2015, 12:26:37 AM
Its at an awful time for those of us PST too. Once in a lifetime event though. No SLEEP AT ALL will be had tonight. Good thing for tea and coffee.

How did RCH lose out on the gig to play Col. Sanders in the new KFC commercials?

testing101

Wasn't he Science Adviser to Col. Sanders?

qaddisin

Quote from: testing101 on July 14, 2015, 12:36:17 AM
Wasn't he Science Adviser to Col. Sanders?

Yes, but the Colonel dumped him when Hoagland insisted on 19.5 herbs and spices for the Original Recipe. And he couldn't use torsion fields to fry the chicken.

testing101

VERY WELL PLAYED LMAO!!! ;D