• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

PaulK

Quote from: trostol on May 20, 2018, 12:35:23 PM
lol thank you

Vincent is in the House. Let's be nice to him.
He just registered yesterday, though he has another old account with only one post in 2008.

Welcome Vincent.
I really enjoyed your interview with Liberchi yesterday.
You were spreading good positive vibes. Hopefully you get lots' of love and support here.
Very nice warm voice. Hopefully you will be doing co-hosting with David Schrader from time to time, as per conversation yesterday.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: timebandit on May 20, 2018, 10:51:16 AM
Bukowski use to say his fame came too late.. fuckable young groupies would pound on his door at night.
With power, money and fame comes sex.. If I won the lottery i'd wallow in tang

Blech, Bukowski. He was a really good writer in that he could get you engaged in the story by the first sentence but I couldn't read him anymore after coming across a particular short story he wrote. I kind of wish I had read more of his work before coming across that story.

Freyja

Quote from: WOTR on May 20, 2018, 11:41:28 AM
Good Morning Freyja.  The sun is shining, the temperature is up, and if feels like spring. ;) 

Good to see you WOTR....it's a great day here too and brunch looks awesome!! :)

wr250

Quote from: PaulK on May 20, 2018, 12:53:29 PM
Vincent is in the House. Let's be nice to him.
He just registered yesterday, though he has another old account with only one post in 2008.

Welcome Vincent.
I really enjoyed your interview with Liberchi yesterday.
You were spreading good positive vibes. Hopefully you get lots' of love and support here.
Very nice warm voice. Hopefully you will be doing co-hosting with David Schrader from time to time, as per conversation yesterday.

ps: stay away from the falkie thread. you have been warned.

PaulK

Quote from: wr250 on May 20, 2018, 12:55:49 PM
ps: stay away from the falkie thread. you have been warned.
Lol.
Yes, Falkie thread is like open pulsating ulcer.

timebandit

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 20, 2018, 12:53:45 PM
Blech, Bukowski. He was a really good writer in that he could get you engaged in the story by the first sentence but I couldn't read him anymore after coming across a particular short story he wrote. I kind of wish I had read more of his work before coming across that story.
he had quite the way with words.. the movie Barfly was filmed at a bar I frequented

Shoveler

I missed the cast yesterday, when will it be added to the archive?

chefist

Quote from: Freyja on May 20, 2018, 01:04:39 PM
+1...nice find chefist

Oh, I just cropped the article...it was posted by someone else just above my post...

Quote from: PaulK on May 20, 2018, 11:23:09 AM
Not really.
Art Bell was bitter because C2C didn't fork out money didn't back him up in his lawsuit against Ted Gunderson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=R2ome9SUTto

PaulK

Quote from: Shoveler on May 20, 2018, 01:03:39 PM
I missed the cast yesterday, when will it be added to the archive?

As soon as Liberchi puts his gown on and sits in front of his computer.

PRAISE LIBERCHI

Shoveler

PRAISE LIBERCHI!

[attachment=1]

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PaulK on May 20, 2018, 01:15:24 PM
As soon as Liberchi puts his gown on and sits in front of his computer.

PRAISE LIBERCHI

I prefer a djellaba, honestly.

whoozit

Quote from: SnapT on May 20, 2018, 12:48:32 PM
All right, Good Dave officially needs to call Falkie and book him as a guest on MITD, as his livestream just documented proof of a ghost or a shadow person or SOMETHING...

http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=5425.msg1225553#msg1225553

Hes’s lying down and it’s his feet.  Or maybe he was dreaming of Starbucks and got twitchy.

mgordon

Are we going to get some classic HW this week?  I especially liked the Streiber and David Adair shows.   I hope they get featured.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: mgordon on May 20, 2018, 01:25:07 PM
I especially liked the Streiber and David Adair shows.

heh heh

PaulK

dsz

Quote from: mgordon on May 20, 2018, 01:25:07 PM
Are we going to get some classic HW this week?  I especially liked the Streiber and David Adair shows.   I hope they get featured.

I'm surprised KCAA doesn't just replay some of her MITDs given their track record.

dsz

Quote from: SnapT on May 20, 2018, 12:48:32 PM
All right, Good Dave officially needs to call Falkie and book him as a guest on MITD, as his livestream just documented proof of a ghost or a shadow person or SOMETHING...

http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=5425.msg1225553#msg1225553

Has he been on Hoarders yet?

dsz

Speaking of KCAA, are they a big deal in their market or ranked like 31st?

SnapT

Quote from: whoozit on May 20, 2018, 01:24:00 PM
Hes’s lying down and it’s his feet.  Or maybe he was dreaming of Starbucks and got twitchy.

He was out if the room at the time, and there was no additional noise when it happened.

That thing is friggin' MORPHING! Art would've booked Falkie as a guest INSTANTLY after seeing that footage.

Freyja

Quote from: chefist on May 20, 2018, 01:05:43 PM
Oh, I just cropped the article...it was posted by someone else just above my post...

Ooops...missed that...tx PaulK

Finally watching the Boyd interview...

Art writes his love letters on scrap paper laying around, with random expenses tabulated on the back, lol.

WOTR

Quote from: trostol on May 20, 2018, 12:34:03 PM
trying to catch up after a night of drinking...who the hell is Vincent lol

bellNwhistle

I don’t suppose there’s a chance this is some other whack job named Art Bell in the news article(s)?

trostol

Quote from: WOTR on May 20, 2018, 01:41:52 PM

you know...i could go for a Royale with Cheese right about now

Freyja

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 20, 2018, 01:45:30 PM
I don’t suppose there’s a chance this is some other whack job named Art Bell in the news article(s)?

Must be another Marsha Boyd too  :P

Hells Mole

Quote from: malachi.martini on May 20, 2018, 01:41:09 PM
Finally watching the Boyd interview...

Art writes his love letters on scrap paper laying around, with random expenses tabulated on the back, lol.

I do wonder, given the nature of her relationship with him and the comparably short amount of life time that it occupied, why she would have saved that letter for over forty years.  It was a very long time before he was famous.

It could simply be that some people save things like that forever.

I was amused that Art's use of "no question about it" went all the way back to the mid 70's at the least.
In fact the text of the letter is the same style of speech and phrasing that the public became familiar with as a result of his famous prominence as a radio personality.  If you read the letter with his voice it sounds like one of his on-air confessions or rants of which there were many examples on many occasions.

The other explanation could be that she faked the letter and did so based on his speech, and she included the "no question about it" because it is a phrase he used constantly.  I happen to be of the mind that she is genuine, though.

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on May 20, 2018, 12:10:30 PM
Thanks.  Pretty much sums up my thoughts.  It's not that I would "disbelieve" Vincent. I'm sure that he is being truthful insofar as he is able to given his somewhat distant relationship.  I have no doubt that what he tell us is "his truth", and I can understand where he is coming from considering Arts behaviour.

Yeah, so can I.  It was necessary to address abandonment issues by demonizing the parent.  Little do I know of psychology but if there's any truth to that old saw about male children sympathizing with their mothers as youths and only later learning to sympathize with their fathers, he's been denied that essential point of maturity and the image of a father he can be proud of which, with an adult's balanced appraisal, he deserves.

moosie

Quote from: PaulK on May 20, 2018, 11:23:09 AM
Not really.
Art Bell was bitter because C2C didn't fork out money didn't back him up in his lawsuit against Ted Gunderson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=R2ome9SUTto
With the information that has recently come to light it does make one wonder if Premiere or whoever owned C2C at the time had good investigators and did their due diligence.

But that's simply speculation.