• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Blitz

Started by Heather Wade, June 25, 2015, 09:39:54 PM

Heather Wade

Links to post starting July 4th, wherever you can post them:

http://artbell.com/

http://freeartbell.com/

http://darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/shows/midnight-in-the-desert/

And there will be live threads for each Midnight In The Desert show at http://bellgab.com so let everyone know BellGab is THE Art Bell fan forum.  For a good time... BellGab.

jazmunda

I'm thinking of making some images that people can post on Facebook and other social media outlets.

What information do you think should be on there?

We don't want to overload the images with too much information/text so what is important?

Obviously Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell? What else? Date and time and website. Anything else?

chefist

Quote from: jazmunda on June 26, 2015, 05:35:18 PM
I'm thinking of making some images that people can post on Facebook and other social media outlets.

We don't want to overload the images with too much information/text so what is important?

Obviously Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell? What else? Date and time and website. Anything else?

Maybe a quick title to jog people's memory of who Art is...Godfather of Late Night Talk Radio...Paranormal Radio...etc?

Heather Wade

If you did, Jaz, they would probably be gorgeous.  Midnight In The Desert with Art Bell, Date & Time, link to listen should do nicely.  Everyone feel free to correct me. 

Maybe one just for promoting the shortwave too?  You know, for the cool kids:  WTWW 5.085

Kolchak

Perhaos some versions with the tunein logo?

Morgus

How about something like:
"July 20th: Art Bell is FREE - Broadcasting for the first time totally FREE of the corporate network masters worldwide via internet streaming and some independent shortwave and radio stations"
"Join Art on his new Midnight Ride in the Desert, on M-F nights 9PM-12AM PT "  :)

Heather Wade

Adding the TuneIn logo is cool, as long as we don't get in trouble with TuneIn for doing that.  And, Morgus, yes, you've got it.

Ms. C

Quote from: jazmunda on Today at 06:35:18 PMI'm thinking of making some images that people can post on Facebook and other social media outlets.

[/font]

Quote from: chefist on June 26, 2015, 05:39:14 PM
Maybe a quick title to jog people's memory of who Art is...Godfather of Late Night Talk Radio...Paranormal Radio...etc?

How about something for the people who aren't familiar with Art; how can we present the info to get newbies attention?  Not too heavy, but just a something of a tease ... Jaz, all your trailers are phenomenal, but are they being appreciated by everyone and not only the Art Bell fans from yester-year ... I'm wondering if the folks needing to be inducted into late night / paranormal .... need something a little lighter ... some type of introduction to what Art is about! 

starrmtn001

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 26, 2015, 04:52:53 PM
Links to post starting July 4th, wherever you can post them:

http://artbell.com/

http://freeartbell.com/

http://darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/shows/midnight-in-the-desert/

And there will be live threads for each Midnight In The Desert show at http://bellgab.com so let everyone know BellGab is THE Art Bell fan forum.  For a good time... BellGab.
Bookmarked!  Thank you Redacted. ;D

Heather Wade

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 26, 2015, 07:01:33 PM
Bookmarked!  Thank you Redacted. ;D

Just a humble BellGabber doing what I can.  Thank you for your help!

jazmunda

Quote from: Ms. C on June 26, 2015, 06:31:26 PM
How about something for the people who aren't familiar with Art; how can we present the info to get newbies attention?  Not too heavy, but just a sometime of a tease ... Jaz, all your trailers are phenomenal, but are they being appreciated by everyone and not only the Art Bell fans from yester-year ... I'm wondering if the folks needing to be inducted into late night / paranormal .... need something a little lighter ... some type of introduction to what Art is about!

I agree. My skillset doesn't include advertising and the art of appealing to the uninitiated. I'm tackling the trailers from a long time fan perspective as that is all I know. I'm trying to appeal to the fans that have "forgotten" (not in a negative way) about Art and might not be aware that he is back and so too will the magic. My trailers are there to appeal to those people and bring them back to the flock.

It would be great if someone with the right skills could put together a trailer to appeal to those who have no idea about late night paranormal talk radio and of course the master of the genre. 

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on June 26, 2015, 07:20:56 PM
I agree. My skillset doesn't include advertising and the art of appealing to the uninitiated. I'm tackling the trailers from a long time fan perspective as that is all I know. I'm trying to appeal to the fans that have "forgotten" (not in a negative way) about Art and might not be aware that he is back and so too will the magic. My trailers are there to appeal to those people and bring them back to the flock.

It would be great if someone with the right skills could put together a trailer to appeal to those who have no idea about late night paranormal talk radio and of course the master of the genre.

Your trailers are superb, Jaz.  If we want to get new listeners, the one word to drive home would be Paranormal, and stress that Art is the person who made all that is weird mainstream.

jazmunda

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 26, 2015, 07:24:55 PM

Your trailers are superb, Jaz.  If we want to get new listeners, the one word to drive home would be Paranormal, and stress that Art is the person who made all that is weird mainstream.

Yeah. The people to target are the people already into the paranormal from things like ghost hunters etc who were too young to know Art. Hook them in and this could explode. Remember they have short attention spans so it has to be short and shiny. :P

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 26, 2015, 02:48:22 PM
I am all in favour of spreading the Truth and the Light, but what do you do if you talk to a radio station and they say, 'yeah, like he is gonna last a few weeks and then bounce, like he did the last time'?

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but I am sure that people in management might be wary of committing themselves to a man who has had a bit of a history in the past for not sticking around too long, for various reasons. I think we need to be able to spin that side of things a bit. Other than that it is a win for all concerned, but there is always going to be that issue lurking in the background.

I had that thought as well. However from talking to these programming directors, they don't seem to be aware of any of that. Besides all we can do is inform them that Art Bell is coming back and its up to them if they want to commit to it. I'm sure the smaller stations will be all over it. And I'm sure the bigger stations would see the appeal of getting in on this project with arguably the biggest radio personality aside from Stern and Limbaugh on the ground floor before prices go up. But like I said, you don't know whats behind the door unless you knock on it. And all that matters is we tell our local stations we want Art.

As insidious as I can be, I legit just hit up all the radio stations around me out of the selfish notion that I want to listen to Art when I'm out late driving around. Its perfect. The radio station wins by having a great show people want to listen to. Art wins by having a bigger audience and commanding more ad revenue. And we win by having our man on the airwaves. E-mailing your local stations is one of the few pure things in life you can do.

I think this is the best thing we can do. We can all yell on social media until we're blue in the face but in the echo chamber that is social media, what effect will that really have? However if we work to inform and tell all the radio stations we want Art, that means more money and exposure for him and people can get addicted organically through his live broadcasts and pirate downloads like we all did.

SaucyRossy

Here's the first of many banners etc I'll be posting. Two different fonts and one black and white

albrecht

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on June 26, 2015, 08:16:19 PM
I had that thought as well. However from talking to these programming directors, they don't seem to be aware of any of that. Besides all we can do is inform them that Art Bell is coming back and its up to them if they want to commit to it. I'm sure the smaller stations will be all over it. And I'm sure the bigger stations would see the appeal of getting in on this project with arguably the biggest radio personality aside from Stern and Limbaugh on the ground floor before prices go up. But like I said, you don't know whats behind the door unless you knock on it. And all that matters is we tell our local stations we want Art.

As insidious as I can be, I legit just hit up all the radio stations around me out of the selfish notion that I want to listen to Art when I'm out late driving around. Its perfect. The radio station wins by having a great show people want to listen to. Art wins by having a bigger audience and commanding more ad revenue. And we win by having our man on the airwaves. E-mailing your local stations is one of the few pure things in life you can do.

I think this is the best thing we can do. We can all yell on social media until we're blue in the face but in the echo chamber that is social media, what effect will that really have? However if we work to inform and tell all the radio stations we want Art, that means more money and exposure for him and people can get addicted organically through his live broadcasts and pirate downloads like we all did.
Another point is that a lot of AM, and FM radio, are hurting and, at least around me, are already constantly changing line-ups, dropping higher $ syndicated hosts, taking new programming, taking paid programming, considering/switching formats, etc- especially in that nighttime time-slot trying to stay afloat and figure out what works. I've even emailed and called a smaller local sports station that just lost the huge (only reason to listen) state university sports broadcasting contract. What are they going to do except syndicate yet another sports call-in show? Almost all have heard of Art Bell and know his previous success with C2C and Dreamland....so why not try and "take a ride?"

eddie dean

Quote from: Morgus on June 26, 2015, 05:50:36 PM
How about something like:
"July 20th: Art Bell is FREE - Broadcasting for the first time totally FREE of the corporate network masters worldwide via internet streaming and some independent shortwave and radio stations"
"Join Art on his new Midnight Ride in the Desert, on M-F nights 9PM-12AM PT "  :)

Good call Morgus. I was just going to suggest this.
Adding the word FREE along with the Who, What and Where is a good strategy . People like 'FREE'

Heather Wade

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 26, 2015, 08:58:53 PM
Here's the first of many banners etc I'll be posting. Two different fonts and one black and white

Nice, Saucy!  Clean & simple, yet beautiful.  It's magic hour at sundown.

Heather Wade

Quote from: eddie dean on June 26, 2015, 09:05:04 PM
Good call Morgus. I was just going to suggest this.
Adding the word FREE along with the Who, What and Where is a good strategy . People like 'FREE'

The price can't be beat.   8)

SaucyRossy

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 26, 2015, 09:05:17 PM

Nice, Saucy!  Clean & simple, yet beautiful.  It's magic hour at sundown.

Exactly what I was going for, you have good taste.

Heather Wade

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on June 26, 2015, 08:16:19 PM

The idea with the social media campaign is to get Art's name out there as far & wide as possible, which may translate into more listeners, and more subscribers.  Talking to Program Directors is even better, and maybe even more important.

Heather Wade

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 26, 2015, 05:46:21 PM

If you did, Jaz, they would probably be gorgeous.  Midnight In The Desert with Art Bell, Date & Time, link to listen should do nicely.  Everyone feel free to correct me. 

Maybe one just for promoting the shortwave too?  You know, for the cool kids:  WTWW 5.085 khz  (Out of Tennessee)

I forgot to add the shortwave out of Maine:  WBCQ 7.490 & 9.330 khz

In addition to these two shortwave stations, 18 terrestrial stations have picked up Midnight In The Desert so far.  18.

gabrielle

I can call local stations, use facebook, and the old fashioned email....will also call local print media....July 1st is Canada day up here....I will start my action on July 3rd when everyone is back at work if that is ok.

Heather Wade

Quote from: eddie dean on June 26, 2015, 09:48:23 PM
It might be advantageous to coordinate specific paranormal themes each week, or every five days, leading up to the 20th.
in conjunction with the basic blitz message: Art Bell, MitD 9pm PT, ArtBell.com and Tunein,
we can hit each theme hard for a number of days, then move on to the next.
Bigfoot, Ghosts/EVP, UFO, abductions etcetera.
It might grab the attention of a few new listeners who might only be interested in a specific paranormal topic. it might do some good.
If this has already been mentioned, forgive the redundancy.

It hasn't been mentioned, and it's a cool idea to add structure to The Blitz.  What topic would be good to begin the first week with?  UFOs & abductions feels right to me.  The consensus wins. 

Heather Wade

Quote from: gabrielle on June 26, 2015, 09:44:10 PM
I can call local stations, use facebook, and the old fashioned email....will also call local print media....July 1st is Canada day up here....I will start my action on July 3rd when everyone is back at work if that is ok.

July 3rd is strategic for Canada, that's cool.  'Murica begins the 4th.  That's quite a Do List there, and would be great if you did one of them, let alone all that.  Calling local print media is a great idea.  Kick ass.

heater

here are my contributions

Heather Wade

Quote from: themudking on June 26, 2015, 11:19:25 PM
here are my contributions

But do we have to go to 1955?  I was thinking more like 1975, Madison Square Garden, to a certain Zeppelin concert.  These are cool, MudKing!  Have you emailed these to Keith?

eddie dean

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 26, 2015, 10:02:54 PM

It hasn't been mentioned, and it's a cool idea to add structure to The Blitz.  What topic would be good to begin the first week with?  UFOs & abductions feels right to me.  The consensus wins.

I removed my suggestion. It would be cool, & probably work well if only a few people were participating.   because it could be tens/ hundreds of people helping with the Blitz, limiting content to a single paranormal topic per week, is  probably not very realistic or practical. the important thing is that people participate! Let everyone do their part to get the word out.  My 2 cents, fwiw! :)

BTW Redacted, thanks for spearheading the blitz effort!!!

Heather Wade

Quote from: eddie dean on June 26, 2015, 11:54:40 PM
I removed my suggestion. It would be cool, & probably work well if only a few people were participating.   because it could be tens/ hundreds of people helping with the Blitz, limiting content to a single paranormal topic per week, is  probably not very realistic or practical. the important thing is that people participate! Let everyone do their part to get the word out.

BTW Redacted, thanks for spearheading the blitz effort!!!

Or not, I'm not against just going wild with this thing either.  It's fun to throw ideas around.  Just kind of stepped up to help keep it organized, thankfully no one has slapped my wrist yet!  I'll clink beers with ya & raise a toast to this thing going well!