• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrity Deaths

Started by noodlehead.crucified.c2c, June 25, 2009, 05:28:29 PM

Eddie Coyle

Mediocrity in the media, especially the "we were first"foolishness has lead to a ton of misreporting. The government only knows how to lie, so their stories are all over the place, telling people what they want to hear, trying to please everyone.

The mood has changed in 70 hours. That intitial euphoria is waning because of these conflicted tales. That absolutely inept Jay Carney represents all that is wrong, he looks befuddled and truly beyond his depth. They're FUCKING UP A SUCCESS!  :-[

The General

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on May 04, 2011, 05:58:44 PM
Don't believe anything that came out in the first eight hours of the story unless it's still being reported now. It's a pretty safe bet that was rumor, speculation and scuttlebutt that media types toss out there to fill time while the real info is dribbling out.

Good point.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 04, 2011, 06:05:11 PM

They're FUCKING UP A SUCCESS!  :-[

That's what I think too.  Why is this getting so convoluted?
Attention inept media and gov't officials: stop fucking it up!

onan

I dunno, I am not fixating on the issue. Heck we are still fuckin up the story on soooo many issues. There isn't a straight answer anywhere to be found. I think it is just pissin on this particular admin for what ever the reason.

Think about it. When Bush's admin fucked up and let BL get away the story just faded away. When there was evidence upon evidence of torture in Abu Ghraib hell the story still isn't told.

It isn't just this admin that screws the pooch. I doubt greatly that the story is bogus. Seeing how bureaucracies work I am amazed we have any info at all.

I am just sayin.

aldousburbank

Good that he's dead, otherwise he'd be so busted for cultivating weed-

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/05/04/was-osama-a-pothead-marijuana-found-growing-alongside-bin-laden-compound/

Fuckin' stoner jihadi asshole.

Fly By Night

It defies explanation on how Obama can bring confusion, and thereby suck enjoyment out of such a good thing. Panetta says they will release the pictures, then they say no, OBL had a gun, then he didn't, he used his wife for a shield, or maybe he didn't, he ran, no he fought. Come on! It was a 40 minute exercise that was F'ing video taped. Obama's the president. Get the facts in order, then do one press conference. You're the president for pity sake.

The General

Quote from: Fly By Night on May 04, 2011, 08:09:19 PM
It defies explanation on how Obama can bring confusion, and thereby suck enjoyment out of such a good thing. Panetta says they will release the pictures, then they say no, OBL had a gun, then he didn't, he used his wife for a shield, or maybe he didn't, he ran, no he fought. Come on! It was a 40 minute exercise that was F'ing video taped. Obama's the president. Get the facts in order, then do one press conference. You're the president for pity sake.

You summed it up perfectly.  Osama's dead, and I don't doubt that, but this bumbling behaviour sucks.  My theory is this: children.  There were children at the compound, some maybe died or were wounded, at the very least they were screaming their little brown heads off, or were scared shitless and stood cowering in the corners.  This is my theory on the reason that we won't see video or photos.  Dead, screaming, crying children.  If that's the case, they should just tell us that.  Just tell us the whole story and while you're at it, stick to that story. 

Silent

I bet your point about children does play into this.  I thought it was strange that a helicopter crashed yet no one was hurt.  When I first heard that I said 'LIARS!'.  I guess it could happen though.

Fly By Night

QuoteYou summed it up perfectly.  Osama's dead, and I don't doubt that, but this bumbling behaviour sucks.  My theory is this: children.  There were children at the compound, some maybe died or were wounded, at the very least they were screaming their little brown heads off, or were scared shitless and stood cowering in the corners.  This is my theory on the reason that we won't see video or photos.  Dead, screaming, crying children.  If that's the case, they should just tell us that.  Just tell us the whole story and while you're at it, stick to that story.

I agree, stick to a story. Hell, if they do need to cover something up, such as terrified children, at least let the CIA cook up a cover story and stick to it. Not that I want a fake story, but at least we would not look incompetent and inconsistent to our enemies.

The General

Quote from: Fly By Night on May 04, 2011, 08:53:37 PM

I agree, stick to a story. Hell, if they do need to cover something up, such as terrified children, at least let the CIA cook up a cover story and stick to it. Not that I want a fake story, but at least we would not look incompetent and inconsistent to our enemies.

Or to our own citizens.

anagrammy

They dump the body in the ocean (they don't want anyone to have it)

They have pictures but they won't release them (they don't want anyone to see them)

They have witnesses but they can't talk (they don't want anyone telling what they saw)

There are official stories that keep changing.

Damn.  Sounds like a UFO crash.  SOP for American Military

Anagrammy

MV/Liberace!

regarding the (i think) feigned "geronimo" outrage:

it's yet another in a series of ongoing, shortsighted efforts to protect native american heritage and honor by eliminating any and all signs from the modern american experience of their ever having existed.  wow.  that sounds like a great plan for historical preservation. 

in 50 years: "geroni-who?"

i'm sick and tired of this racial rat race/circle jerk of self described victims all scrambling to see who can feel the most offended. 

oh, wait... i'm not supposed to comment on this because i'm a white male.  my bad.  pretend it didn't happen.

Eddie Coyle

The White House statement should be:

"We killed him. Termination With Extreme Prejudice. If you don't like it, who cares. Any nation complaining shall no longer receive foreign aid. Good night"

The General

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 05, 2011, 03:45:11 PM

The White House statement should be:

"We killed him. Termination With Extreme Prejudice. If you don't like it, who cares. Any nation complaining shall no longer receive foreign aid. Good night"

God damn I wish we had a president that would say that.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: The General on May 05, 2011, 04:02:13 PM
God damn I wish we had a president that would say that.

As do I...but by their very nature,politicians can't speak this way. Maybe 100 years ago, but not in our(and our parents/grandarents) lifetimes. A guy like Nixon THOUGHT IT, but never said it.

And what was with the hour-long delay before Obama's speech?

Bumbling Amateurs!

The General

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on May 05, 2011, 06:20:44 PM
And what was with the hour-long delay before Obama's speech?

Bumbling Amateurs!
Yeah that was weird.  They kept putting it off for 10 more minutes.  About 5 times.
But that's just Gov't for ya.  Or were you being sarcastic?

Fly By Night

I say this tongue in cheek, but I feel the need to create a conspiracy out of a conspiracy.
So, they shoot OBL, take a picture and then later send him seaworthy . Then Obama and his crew look like knuckleheads changing stories and such about what happened and refuse to show the picture. Obviously the Alex Jones types are loving this because it's fodder for their fire. Well what does the media like to call the Alex Jones type crowd? FAR RIGHT WINGERS. Perhaps Obama and the crew WANT conspiracy theories to ride out of this mission knowing that insane people will come up with insane theories and the insane media will report these insane theories and insanely call the theorists right wingers thereby making the right look looney to independent voters. I need an Advil.

No sarcasm.  Delaying the press conference was ridiculous and embarrassing and made them look like chumps.

I do suspect that Obama is playing rope-a-dope with the far right nut jobs.  Withholding his birth certificate for two years, and then releasing a version with extra PDF layers, just to tweak the conspiracy theorists!

onan

Not my words but gave me some things to think about:

By Tim Molloy & Dylan Stableford
QuoteAmerica can keep a secret.
For all of the news media's talk about the scattershot distribution of information in the digital age -- WikiLeaks leaks, Twitter overshares, breaches of privacy on phones, Google, Facebook and PlayStation -- President Obama's stunning announcement of the killing of Osama bin Laden on Sunday proves the U.S. can still protect information when it counts.
According to the White House's account, the government kept its plot to capture or kill Bin Laden a secret as it pursued one of his trusted couriers over four years and two administrations.
(Above, White House officials watch the situation unfold live Sunday/White House photo by Pete Souza.)
It tracked the elusive Al Qaeda leader to a compound almost entirely off the grid in Abbottabad, Pakistan -- no telephones, no Internet -- and Navy Seals struck in a mission so surgically precise that even a man who live-tweeted the assault didn't realize what was happening.
NBC's David Gregory -- who often pushes for more disclosure from the White House as the host of "Meet the Press" -- called bin Laden's death "a reminder of how little we sometimes know about what’s going on inside the government."
Everything worked for U.S. operatives in keeping the government's suspicions from the media.
President Obama displayed a perfect poker face throughout -- even on the eve of the operation, when he met with victims of the Southern storms, played golf, then slayed Donald Trump at the White House Correspondents Dinner in Washington on Saturday night, where, by the way, 2,600 members of the media were gathered to toast him.
As comedian Seth Meyers joked about bin Laden's whereabouts ("Did you know every day from 4 to 5 he hosts a show on C-SPAN?") the President laughed, knowing that U.S. forces were as close as they had ever been to killing the Al Qaeda leader.
The killing of bin Laden was born of old-fashioned spycraft, carried out in real time.
When the Navy Seals struck Bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad, Obama and more than a dozen members of his national security team were gathered in the White House Situation Room, able to the watch events unfold live, according to White House counter-terrorism adviser John Brennan.
That's a dozen more people than could've kept a juicy secret in a media company, that's for sure.
The mission also reveals U.S. intelligence is far more advanced than many Americans imagined. A CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll in September 2010 found that 67 percent of Americans believed it was unlikely the mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks would ever be captured or killed -- a stunning vote of no confidence in the U.S.'s ability to bring him to justice.

Silent

Did anyone else see this?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/05/10/pakistan.us.military.fight/index.html?hpt=C1

I'm all for disclosure but this might be a case where keeping your mouth shut is the best thing.  I think the way the operation was conducted tells more about relations between the US and Pakistan than anything else but why antagonize aggression through the media?

Usagi

"America can keep a secret."

You have no idea the glimmer of hope this gives me.  I've been really bummed the last few years because I was becoming convinced that the world was more lame, open, mundane, incompetent, and dissolved of mystery than I would ever like.  I'm still not convinced that that's not the case, but maybe, just maybe, there are a few big secrets there after all.

Probably not.

anagrammy

Usagi - Do not give up hope Little Mermaid.  Remember there are still alien bodies and huge saucers being kept SOMEWHERE....and, don't forget the big release of JFK photos and docs on the 50th anniversary of his death.  And what was that stuff on the moon anyway?

There are still mysteries.

Anagrammy

aldousburbank

Quote from: anagrammy on May 10, 2011, 01:08:44 PM
And what was that stuff on the moon anyway?

Green cheese?

Quote from: anagrammy on May 10, 2011, 01:08:44 PM
And what was that stuff on the moon anyway?

Anagrammy

Fluids from someone named Whitley?

Quote from: Treading Water on May 10, 2011, 05:33:55 PM
Fluids from someone named Whitley?
Hey buddy, that's my schtick!  ;)