• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 17, 2016, 01:45:19 PM
That was adult talk. Sorry. Go and play/snort.

Aw! Just one more: DOOM!!!  :o

There, I'm good for awhile.  ;)

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 17, 2016, 01:11:39 PM
Hey, you bought Trump promising to make America great again. Everyone has a weakness. Anyone, anyone at all who thinks Trump will put the USA and its people before himself and his family, is profoundly naive. If anyone does benefit, it will a byproduct of him bettering his own position, not because they're prioritised. The vast majority of the population will not be better off. At best they'll stay as they are; at worst, very much worse.

New White House Administration.

Not a problem feminist, muslim sympathizer, dindu, or trans among them.

Trump is already Making America Great Again.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 17, 2016, 01:38:51 PM
Are you being facetious? Assuming you're not: I'm not an economist, but I'd be very surprised any home boy or girl would work for the same as the boys and girls in China. Then add in the cost of tooling to make the phones themselves. The raw materials sourced and manufactured in the USA; plastics, components, electronics (possibly only made in the far east), and sundry costs. You'll be still ripped off on the retail price in relation to its cost price, but because Apple would be taking the hit, they won't do it.

Yes they will. They'll just automate as much of the process as they can to locate the factories in the US. The elephant in the room here is that young Asians don't want to work in the factories either and labor costs in Asia have been rising to the point that they're trying to automate their own factories already. Well, an automated factory making something that costs almost nothing can be put anywhere and profited from, especially if you sell it as "American Made", when in fact it will be American made by a robot.

The next great debate in global society will be technological unemployment. It's a brick wall that we're heading straight for. We will have no choice but to use regulation as a means to stem unsustainable job losses due to technology. In such a situation, you can either have your own government do the regulating on domestic automated factories, or you can trust the Chinese government to do it on theirs. I'll take the former option.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on November 17, 2016, 12:51:26 PM
Sounds like Wall St. had it made either way.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/02/26/the-clintons-and-wall-street-24-years-of-enriching-each-other/

Either way is right.  For example it was the Bush administration who fostered the unmitigated greed that lead to the Enron Scandal.
http://www.economist.com/node/938154

But in Making America Grest Again, one of the main themes of Trump's campaign was the promise to change policy that favors the elite. Yes, I know it's early, but it's not reassuring to hear excited Wall Street bankers lining up with roles in Trump's administration. 

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 17, 2016, 01:52:30 PM
Yes they will. They'll just automate as much of the process as they can to locate the factories in the US. The elephant in the room here is that young Asians don't want to work in the factories either and labor costs in Asia have been rising to the point that they're trying to automate their own factories already. Well, an automated factory making something that costs almost nothing can be put anywhere and profited from, especially if you sell it as "American Made", when in fact it will be American made by a robot.

The next great debate in global society will be technological unemployment. It's a brick wall that we're heading straight for. We will have no choice but to use regulation as a means to stem unsustainable job losses due to technology. In such a situation, you can either have your own government do the regulating on domestic automated factories, or you can trust the Chinese government to do it on theirs. I'll take the former option.

Problem is regulations. The government is insane. Why would I do business in this country if the government is going to try to gang fuck me as hard they can? On top of American laziness and ignorance.

ItsOver

Quote from: norland2424 on November 17, 2016, 01:45:31 PM
i have to watch Kelly heroes again
What a cast.  Savalas, Rickles, Sutherland, O'Connor, MacCleod AND Clint.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on November 17, 2016, 01:53:37 PM
Either way is right.  For example it was the Bush administration who fostered the unmitigated greed that lead to the Enron Scandal.
http://www.economist.com/node/938154

But in Making America Grest Again, one of the main themes of Trump's campaign was the promise to change policy that favors the elite. Yes, I know it's early, but it's not reassuring to hear excited Wall Street bankers lining up with roles in Trump's administration.

This is the same type of clairvoyance that led to your excellent analysis leading up to the election.

Quote from: ItsOver on November 17, 2016, 01:54:57 PM
What a cast.  Savalas, Rickles, Sutherland, O'Connor, MacCleod AND Clint.

Don't forget Angel Martin and Harry Dean Stanton were up in that bitch too. :D

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 17, 2016, 01:54:05 PM
Problem is regulations. The government is insane. Why would I do business in this country if the government is going to try to gang fuck me as hard they can? On top of American laziness and ignorance.

The problem is that we're moving into a time where you don't need humans to produce a product. You only need them to do business with. But, if they're unemployed, then they can't buy your product and you go broke. We either use regulation to address technological unemployment globally, or the means of production is forced onto the state as they have no choice but to nationalize the failing corporations and put everyone on welfare. The biggest joke in human history is that no one thought far enough ahead to realize that the ultimate end result of capitalism is communism. 

ItsOver

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 17, 2016, 01:56:09 PM
"Don't forget about me, Jimmy!"  ;D

Quote from: ItsOver on November 17, 2016, 02:02:18 PM
"Don't forget about me, Jimmy!"  ;D

I go through periods where I get deeply obsessed with The Rockford Files. That is like the best show of all-time. Angel Martin as a character man, amazing. And this was a show that was a good decade or two before my time.

ItsOver

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 17, 2016, 02:04:18 PM
I go through periods where I get deeply obsessed with The Rockford Files. That is like the best show of all-time. Angel Martin as a character man, amazing. And this was a show that was a good decade or two before my time.

Dr. MD MD

It's not sitting well with me that Trump just met with Kissinger. Hitch is probably rolling in his grave. ::)

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 17, 2016, 01:55:12 PM
This is the same type of clairvoyance that led to your excellent analysis leading up to the election.

The fact that he won the electoral college doesn't change my "excellent analysis". :) I still think he's unfit for POTUS, as was Hillary. You admit to not having "a clue" about the Wall Street bankers' cozy relationship with Trump, but U.S. history has shown us we don't need a clairvoyant to see this will not end well for the average American.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 17, 2016, 01:52:30 PM

And the sum benefit to Apple would be what? You think they'll sell more? America isn't the largest market for smart phones. Not even close. Its okay for 'An American Co. Inc' to believe its the centre of the universe, based in the US, but few are in their respective fields. And from a cost pov, the USA isn't it.

There's a reason why nearly all the golfing gear sold in the shops on Trump's golf courses in Scotland are sourced from China. And sold at incredible mark ups.

Yes you can, but the West will lose going down that road.

albrecht

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 17, 2016, 01:56:09 PM
Has Harry Dean Stanton ever been in a bad movie? Have you ever seen these guys in the same place and at the same time?

chefist

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 17, 2016, 02:13:14 PM
It's not sitting well with me that Trump just met with Kissinger. Hitch is probably rolling in his grave. ::)

It's important to understand that Trump will have to tell all the establishment Rep's what life is going to be like going forward. That's all these meetings represent.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on November 17, 2016, 02:14:32 PM
The fact that he won the electoral college doesn't change my "excellent analysis". :) I still think he's unfit for POTUS, as was Hillary. You admit to not having "a clue" about the Wall Street bankers' cozy relationship with Trump, but U.S. history has shown us we don't need a clairvoyant to see this will not end well for the average American.

Mental illness.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on November 17, 2016, 02:14:32 PM

Who, in your mind, out of the 24 or so candidates that ran between D, R, G, and L parties were, in your mind, "fit" to be president?

I think that is the most commas I have used in a sentence. Hope it makes sense.

chefist

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 17, 2016, 02:21:34 PM
Mental illness.

LOLZ...the candidate of Wall St and big money was Clinton...and she lost...now Libs are inventing resentment against Trump for what Clinton was...it's hilarious...

Quote from: Che' Fi' on November 17, 2016, 02:23:20 PM
LOLZ...the candidate of Wall St and big money was Clinton...and she lost...now Libs are inventing resentment against Trump for what Clinton was...it's hilarious...

And apparently this person is inventing things in their mind I've said and conversations we've had in the past. As I've been saying for awhile. Mental Illness.

He has one guy I'm aware with ties to that world who handled his campaign financing and is floating around in the background waiting for a role in the administration. Or he might bounce back into private life like it seems like Thiel is.

But this is also the guy who's radically hardlining against lobbyists harder than any other politician ever.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Che' Fi' on November 17, 2016, 02:21:28 PM
It's important to understand that Trump will have to tell all the establishment Rep's what life is going to be like going forward. That's all these meetings represent.

ROFL!! Trump is telling Kissinger how its going to be? Oh please can we see and hear that discourse? Please.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 17, 2016, 02:33:17 PM
ROFL!! Trump is telling Kissinger how its going to be? Oh please can we see and hear that discourse? Please.

Have a little faith baby. Have a little faith.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 17, 2016, 02:21:34 PM
Mental illness.
Quote from: Che' Fi' on November 17, 2016, 02:23:20 PM

It's like anxiety disorder and panic attacks playing out on a massive scale.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 17, 2016, 02:16:27 PM
And the sum benefit to Apple would be what? You think they'll sell more? America isn't the largest market for smart phones. Not even close. Its okay for 'An American Co. Inc' to believe its the centre of the universe, based in the US, but few are in their respective fields. And from a cost pov, the USA isn't it.

It will be. I would not want to bet on the long-term stability of Asia's economies or South America. While in the west the collapse of the traditional market economy will be slow and painful, in the east it will rapid and catastrophic as manufacturing automation takes hold.

There's a reason why nearly all the golfing gear sold in the shops on Trump's golf courses in Scotland are sourced from China. And sold at incredible mark ups.

I don't particularly care how he made money, or anyone makes money for that matter, so long as its legal to do so.

Yes you can, but the West will lose going down that road.

The west has done nothing but lose ground for the last four decades. How we were doing it wasn't working.

Juan

Reuters reports a person formerly accused of being a Nazi by the left is being considered for Secretary of State - Mitt Romney.

norland2424

Quote from: Juan on November 17, 2016, 03:05:06 PM
Reuters reports a person formerly accused of being a Nazi by the left is being considered for Secretary of State - Mitt Romney.

good to see trump adding Mexican Americans to his cabinet lol