• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ask Jackstar Anything

Started by Jackstar, October 08, 2018, 11:47:27 PM

AZZERAE

I take your silence to mean it won't.

Jackstar

Quote from: AZRAA on May 31, 2019, 11:48:03 PM
I'm beginning to think you're Maynard James Keenan.

I'm not gonna lie--we've a lot in common.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on July 06, 2019, 11:59:55 AM
I'm not gonna lie--we've a lot in common.
For a minute, I thought you meant you and Azzy have a lot in common.  Well, coulda been.

Jojo

Quote from: AZRAA on June 27, 2019, 12:10:43 PM
Dear Jackstar,

Will it ever end?

Kind regards,

AZRAA
If... If the acoustics are synthetic (microwave transmission of sound), they might be significantly reduced if you live low to the ground around forest between two really big steep hills.  Or if you can stay near random sounds.  Some train sounds are a little random.  A cat purring can be somewhat random.  You might find an oscillating fan which is not correctly calibrated so that it doesn't turn with rhythm, but just turns whenever as it goes 'round and 'round.  That can help, possibly.  Sound-proof rooms can help - you could volunteer to be a DJ at your local community radio station.  Upholstery, thick drapes, tapestries, full bookcases, bedding, over-stuffed pillows, large bean bags, carpet... all help.  A padded cell might not be a bad idea, lol.  However, I know from the little cushioned gymnastics room that a padded cell is no guarantee, especially if it's on flat land.

Some people find technological relief in creating a momentary spark.  Like, sitting in the car and pushing the lighter in over and over.  Or, pushing a little lighter on over and over.  The momentary spark, I hear, interferes with synthetic transmission.

Also, it might gradually build up and get worse around age 40-ish.  Then less as you age.

It will never end on flat land, around motors/engines/noisy florescent lights/rythmic fans, up high, when you face solid building walls, near high tension lines or neon signs.

You can let a faucet or two, drip in such a way that it's not real rythmic.  You can get two or three battery-operated clocks with ticking second hands.  I have found that there is some sort of randomness in the way the second hands of each clock never quite match the other.  One always gains on the other and vice versa.  Not sure how this works, because they always say the same time.  But anyhow, the clicking of the variety of seconds hands which are mis-matched and never quite in any synchrony, makes sound which can be a relief because it has randomness.

On the other hand, if you just have one clock with one clicking second hand, it could make matters worse.

This post is chock full of all sort of free, practical DIY info.  You might want to make lists out of it for future reference.

I don't know what things are like in your country, but when no one is home, go turn the circuit breakers off for a couple hours.  It'll make you feel better.  But don't get caught or it'll just cause problems.  Set a battery-operated alarm to remind you to flip them back on well before your people are expected home.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Sixteen on July 09, 2019, 12:50:06 AM
I don't know what things are like in your country, but when no one is home, go turn the circuit breakers off for a couple hours.  It'll make you feel better.  But don't get caught or it'll just cause problems.  Set a battery-operated alarm to remind you to flip them back on well before your people are expected home.

whoozit

Which comes first in tastiness, the chicken or the egg?

Jackstar

I don't approve of these queries.

paladin1991

Quote from: Jackstar on July 18, 2019, 06:36:29 PM
Why don't you go blow some pipe?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 18, 2019, 11:43:55 PM
Why don't you go blow some pipe?

He’d have to pull you off the group of guys first.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Jackstar on July 18, 2019, 06:36:29 PM

Imagine how the embryos felt.

Jackstar

Quote from: Taaroa on July 23, 2019, 10:14:46 AM
Have you played this mario level?

No, I'm out of the Nintendo loop. Still, that level is a more accurate representation than the Warren commission was.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on July 25, 2019, 06:00:22 PM
No, I'm out of the Nintendo loop. Still, that level is a more accurate representation than the Warren commission was.

;D

AZZERAE

Dear Jackstar,

Why?

Kind regards,

AZRAA

paladin1991

Quote from: Jackstar on August 25, 2019, 09:28:42 PM
Maria Butina is as hot as a pistol.
Maybe you could send her some flowers?

Jackstar

Maybe you could get her a pardon.

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on August 26, 2019, 06:23:30 PM
Maybe you could get her a pardon.
She plead guilty.*  So maybe just a commutation of the sentence and then the deportation required?   

* I know, I know, the reality of our criminal justice system pleading is not necessarily a sign of actual guilt, just legal one, but a sadly necessary tactic to avoid worse potential outcomes and Courts, lawyers, and system love it because less time/cost.

Jojo

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 26, 2019, 11:18:41 PM
Cat ladies be wildin.
Feather-feet be flyin' (in 2 different directions). ::)

Jojo

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 26, 2019, 11:17:43 PM
I'd sure like to know too.
Well, Anthony threatened to blow up the world not too long ago.  Maybe Homeland Security did a hostile takeover here.  Could be.  The place has tanked.  I can't find any better forum, other than Bart's.  Can you?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Tangerine on August 27, 2019, 12:46:25 AM
Well, Anthony threatened to blow up the world not too long ago.  Maybe Homeland Security did a hostile takeover here.  Could be.  The place has tanked.  I can't find any better forum, other than Bart's.  Can you?

This is the best you’ve got? ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: Tangerine on August 27, 2019, 12:46:25 AM
Yes.  Unfortunately, PM has been kick to da curb here.  But PM still works over "there."  I'll give you the link when you get in touch with me.  Same screen name there as here.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 27, 2019, 01:31:14 AM
Yes.  Unfortunately, PM has been kick to da curb here.  But PM still works over "there."  I'll give you the link when you get in touch with me.  Same screen name there as here.

Disgusting. ::)

Kidnostad3

What's another word for thesaurus?