• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

congress sucks

Started by SR-71, October 02, 2013, 05:12:12 PM

bateman

Quote from: Quick Karl on October 07, 2013, 04:52:16 PM
How in the Fuck did THAT happen???

Your pizza roll comment when you phoned Art was perfectly timed and delivered!

Quote repaired! Thank you.

Hmm, that actually wasn't me either... I was The Noory Caller.

Quick Karl

Ahhhh now I remember - You phoned in and asked Noory if he would have Art on as a guest and Noory snapped "absolutely not"? You caught him off guard pretty damned good!

I'm getting old and maybe Alzheimer's!  :D

Quote from: bateman on October 07, 2013, 04:57:05 PM
Hmm, that actually wasn't me either... I was The Noory Caller.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: bateman on October 07, 2013, 04:16:20 PM
In all seriousness: why do you think that is?
Our state is in recession because our whoop-de-do Democrat Governor talked jobs, got elected, then promptly raised taxes across the board without outlining spending priorities.

He then spent his time re-writing the state's liquor three tier system.  He and his administration spent an inordinate amount of time getting package stores to open on sundays, as if that was our cure-all.

His "First Five" intiative to draw in businesses from other states failed; he gave tax breaks to ESPN who promptly laid off 300 people but "were still in the Governor's employment guidelines".

Our state is highly dependent on Defense contracting (United Technologies, Northrup Grumman, Sikorsky, Electric Boat) which has scaled back (by necessity) and Wall Street (southern Fairfield County really is an extension of NYC) and we did not plan   for any other economic activity.

Our previous governor, who did a stint in Federal pokey, gave benefits away to public employee unions like they were Halloween candy.  Would you believe he was a Republican?
Rick Perry saw an opportunity to poach our sidearm manufacturers but I honestly do not know how many have left the state.

Oh, and our tourism slogan is "Still Revolutionary."  It should be "Still-born."

Quote from: NowhereInTime on October 07, 2013, 11:33:08 AM
I'm sorry, in what universe are auto insurance prices fair?  My insurance has gone UP every year the past 6 years though I haven't had a claimed accident or motor vehicle violation of any kind since the last milennium!  Not only that, I drive a white 4 door Suzuki!  No.  Auto insurance prices aren't close to reasonable...

Just about everything I buy has gone up in price every year.  I bet your paycheck has gone up just about every year too, or has at least gone up over time.  Most people's has.  The reason for it is the companies that make, transport, distribute, or sell things, or provide services, and the employees that work there, are greedy selfish failed racist capitalists.  They hate women, old people, minorities, kids and the poor.  Especially poor elderly female minority children.  There really isn't any other logical explanation.

But I'm with you on this one.  Let's get the government - local, state, federal, doesn't matter - to set up programs so the guy down the street pays for our car insurance instead of us.  It's required to drive legally, we need it, and it costs a lot, so this is only fair.  I'm sure our representatives could find some people with extra cash somewhere.  Or corporations like Apple that have plenty.  Or they could just issue more debt to cover it.  Or even just print up more money. 

I personally prefer a big bloated top-down ham-fisted wasteful new bureaucracy to oversee and fund it.   With several hundred thousand pages of regulations, and 10's of thousands of new pages of regs annually.  Something so vast no one understands it.  In addition to the free insurance, think of the jobs it would create.

Or perhaps if department stores would just charge 50c more for each item they sell, that money would go a long way to insuring everyone.  There are a lot of possibilities.  It's ridiculous no one ever thought about this before.

I hope no one brings up the Founders or those old documents.  There is nothing anywhere saying they would be against this.  They had no idea of a modern age that included cars and car insurance.  Same with places like Stalin's Russia, Mao's China and Pol Pot's Cambodia - the peasants didn't even have cars.

Now, about the cable bill..

Quick Karl

I truly believe that the only cure for the social and political problems in this country is for it to break up into two parts - A U.S. Constitution part, and whatever they want to call the other part. I want to live in the U.S. Constitution part.

It might take an actual war to achieve it, but I believe it would be worth it, otherwise we are just going to be turned into one giant cesspool of irrationality and hate.

Wait, we might already be that...

Quote from: Quick Karl on October 09, 2013, 12:49:27 AM
I truly believe that the only cure for the social and political problems in this country is for it to break up into two parts...

Looking at the map of the 2012 Presidential election by county, it might not be that difficult.  We could sell Hawaii and the D voting areas along the west coast to China in exchange for the debt they are holding.  We would just need unfettered access to the ports and the right of first refusal when they eventually collapse and need to resell those areas.

The blue border counties could go back to Mexico, and the northeast could be given to Canada. 

Or those 3 areas could take their debt with them and form their own non-contiguous country.

I have a hunch things would get bad there fairly quickly - and the whole thing would start to look like our inner cites.  Before too long people would be coming back into our country, and trying to bring their toxic policies with them - not understanding why things turned sour where they were.   We'd have to insist on enforcing the Constitution this time around.

[attachimg=1]

Quick Karl

Where do I sign? It's looking to me Like Oklahoma or Utah is the only place I could live, peacefully. Salt Lake City is nice - really pretty women!

I lived in Hawaii for three-years. I always said that the only reason the US maintains a hold on Hawaii is so that the Chinese have a place to bomb first when they finally decide to attack, and we get a little warning...

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 09, 2013, 01:07:00 AM

Looking at the map of the 2012 Presidential election by county, it might not be that difficult.  We could sell Hawaii and the D voting areas along the west coast to China in exchange for the debt they are holding.  We would just need unfettered access to the ports and the right of first refusal when they eventually collapse and need to resell those areas.

The blue border counties and a few other places could go back to Mexico, and the northeast and some of the blue border areas up there could be given to Canada.  Just bulldoze places like Chicago and Detroit and be done with them.

Or those 3 areas could form their own non-contiguous country, and freely travel and trade with us.

I have a hunch things would get bad there fairly quickly - and the whole thing would start to look like our inner cites.  Before too long people would be coming back into our country, and trying to bring their toxic policies with them - not understanding why things turned sour where they were.   We'd have to insist on enforcing the Constitution this time around.

[attachimg=1]

Quote from: Quick Karl on October 09, 2013, 01:13:26 AM
Where do I sign? It's looking to me Like Oklahoma or Utah is the only place I could live, peacefully. Salt Lake City is nice - really pretty women!

Don't overlook Nevada.  It's one of 2 states mostly exempt from ObamaCare (NH is the other).  Somehow the Media howling about the Tea Party keeps forgetting to ask Harry Reid about why that is.

Quick Karl

I'm sorry, but any State that could elect someone like Reid, is not a State I could live in.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 09, 2013, 01:19:20 AM

Don't overlook Nevada.  It's one of 2 states mostly exempt from ObamaCare (NH is the other).  Somehow the Media howling about the Tea Party keeps forgetting to ask Harry Reid about why that is.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Quick Karl on October 09, 2013, 01:20:46 AM
I'm sorry, but any State that could elect someone like Reid, is not a State I could live in.
Yes, but isn't it legal to employ prostitutes there?

Quick Karl

Prostitution should be legal.

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 09, 2013, 08:11:33 AM
Yes, but isn't it legal to employ prostitutes there?

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 09, 2013, 12:19:55 AM

Just about everything I buy has gone up in price every year.  I bet your paycheck has gone up just about every year too, or has at least gone up over time.  Most people's has.  The reason for it is the companies that make, transport, distribute, or sell things, or provide services, and the employees that work there, are greedy selfish failed racist capitalists.  They hate women, old people, minorities, kids and the poor.  Especially poor elderly female minority children.  There really isn't any other logical explanation.

But I'm with you on this one.  Let's get the government - local, state, federal, doesn't matter - to set up programs so the guy down the street pays for our car insurance instead of us.  It's required to drive legally, we need it, and it costs a lot, so this is only fair.  I'm sure our representatives could find some people with extra cash somewhere.  Or corporations like Apple that have plenty.  Or they could just issue more debt to cover it.  Or even just print up more money. 

I personally prefer a big bloated top-down ham-fisted wasteful new bureaucracy to oversee and fund it.   With several hundred thousand pages of regulations, and 10's of thousands of new pages of regs annually.  Something so vast no one understands it.  In addition to the free insurance, think of the jobs it would create.

Or perhaps if department stores would just charge 50c more for each item they sell, that money would go a long way to insuring everyone.  There are a lot of possibilities.  It's ridiculous no one ever thought about this before.

I hope no one brings up the Founders or those old documents.  There is nothing anywhere saying they would be against this.  They had no idea of a modern age that included cars and car insurance.  Same with places like Stalin's Russia, Mao's China and Pol Pot's Cambodia - the peasants didn't even have cars.

Now, about the cable bill..
Phew!  I was beginning to think you didn't get the message!

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 09, 2013, 01:07:00 AM

The blue border counties could go back to Mexico, and the northeast could be given to Canada. 

Or those 3 areas could take their debt with them and form their own non-contiguous country.

[attachimg=1]
I love these libertarian wet-dreams!

Let me guess, the Jews swim to Africa with a Black under each arm!

You people wouldn't last ten years.  What, ten million of you solely in the South and the interior?  Glad you've been paying attention, you strict structuralists, you!  No New York?  No California? No Hawaii?  No Massachusetts?  You'll have, what, Arkansas?  Good luck managing to live through blizzards, floods, tornados, crop failures, and hurricanes (I assume you're keeping North and South Carolina). I mean, with no FEMA to help out you'll do, what, pull each other up by your collective bootstraps?  Oh, that's right, "collective" will be banned as UN-Conshtitushional.

Dear God I'm glad you guys can't win national office.  And you're not getting "unfettered" access to anything. Pay up.

Quick Karl

Did PaperBoy turn you down or something? For chrissakes stop with the 7th-grade attacks - the man is as entitled to his opinion and beliefs as you are yours.

How the fuck do you expect to be replied to with respect and reason when you refuse to give it?

Quote from: NowhereInTime on October 09, 2013, 05:39:56 PM
I love these libertarian wet-dreams!
You people wouldn't last ten years.  What, ten million of you solely in the South and the interior?  Glad you've been paying attention, you strict structuralists, you!  No New York?  No California? No Hawaii?  No Massachusetts?  You'll have, what, Arkansas?
Dear God I'm glad you guys can't win national office.  And you're not getting "unfettered" access to anything.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Quick Karl on October 09, 2013, 12:49:27 AM
I truly believe that the only cure for the social and political problems in this country is for it to break up into two parts - A U.S. Constitution part, and whatever they want to call the other part. I want to live in the U.S. Constitution part.

It might take an actual war to achieve it, but I believe it would be worth it, otherwise we are just going to be turned into one giant cesspool of irrationality and hate.

Wait, we might already be that...
Treason.

Can't win the political solution so resort to violence. 

Quick Karl

See preceding message by Quick Karl

Quote from: NowhereInTime on October 09, 2013, 05:47:05 PM
Treason.

Can't win the political solution so resort to violence.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Quick Karl on October 09, 2013, 05:44:49 PM
Did PaperBoy turn you down or something? For chrissakes stop with the 7th-grade attacks - the man is as entitled to his opinion and beliefs as you are yours.

How the fuck do you expect to be replied to with respect and reason when you refuse to give it?
I'm sorry, did you not see his response to my reply about auto insurance pricing?  That was as fifth grade as you can get.
And who the fuck asked you to be the arbiter of respect and reason?  You're talking about rebellion.  Again.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Quick Karl on October 09, 2013, 05:44:49 PM

Plus you're the bright chap who decided I was "festering piece of shit" on the National Mall thread. Respect gotta go both ways; I ain't your little boy.

Quick Karl

I revised my post when I saw that the sentiment was not as I intended - you might try doing the same...

Quote from: NowhereInTime on October 09, 2013, 05:52:03 PM
Plus you're the bright chap who decided I was "festering piece of shit" on the National Mall thread. Respect gotta go both ways; I ain't your little boy.