• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Σ ∞ = God is non-linear in Time

Started by Stellar, August 05, 2014, 04:09:24 AM

Stellar

∞ = God

Summation Infinite equals God whose non-linear in Time!

Pink Floyd - Echoes

Yorkshire pud

Why do so many pixels have to die needlessly in your quest for supreme fucked up?

wr250

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 05, 2014, 05:31:31 AM
Why do so many pixels have to die needlessly in your quest for supreme fucked up?

i think stellar is unable to handle that drug cocktail he is taking.

b_dubb

He may be adding one or two to the mix.  Which doesn't seem to be working out all that well.

zeebo

Quote from: b_dubb on August 05, 2014, 09:41:48 AM
He may be adding one or two to the mix.  Which doesn't seem to be working out all that well.

I'm thinking something like the last 20 mins. of 2001 A Space Odyssey is going on ... which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

McPhallus

Quote from: wr250 on August 05, 2014, 05:48:35 AM
i think stellar is unable to handle that drug cocktail he is taking.

Is he off his meds, taking too many meds, or on the wrong meds?  I often ponder this.

zeebo

Quote from: McPhallus on August 05, 2014, 04:27:59 PM
Is he off his meds, taking too many meds, or on the wrong meds?  I often ponder this.

I'm pondering how he got those cool symbols into the thread subject line.  I've gotta come up with an excuse to use those somewhere else.

Stellar--some serious questions.  Where did God live before He created the universe?  And if He has existed forever, does that mean He created Himself, and if so,how did He do it?  And what did he do during His early years before He started creating things?  I've always been puzzled by those questions and would be most appreciative for any information that might help answer them.  Cheers!

b_dubb

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 06, 2014, 12:26:15 AM
Stellar--some serious questions.  Where did God live before He created the universe?  And if He has existed forever, does that mean He created Himself, and if so,how did He do it?  And what did he do during His early years before He started creating things?  I've always been puzzled by those questions and would be most appreciative for any information that might help answer them.  Cheers!
Time is a flat circle

Stellar

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 06, 2014, 12:26:15 AM

The finite does not understand the infinite?

The infinite all mighty that I praise and love which I am so grateful to know as God has no origin and no end never changing in love for order law truth and moral fiber.

A finite being like yourself should be grateful and Read the New Testament of the King James Bible 1611 edition.

You see its like this even I to think I know so little regarding God and his power and majesty that I pick up one grain and remember to know this grain of God has so much energy.  I have just walked in one mansion of the infinite.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Stellar on August 06, 2014, 01:37:09 AM

The infinite all mighty that I praise and love which I am so grateful to know as God has no origin and no end never changing in love for order law truth and moral fiber.

A finite being like yourself should be grateful and Read the New Testament of the King James Bible 1611 edition.

You see its like this even I to think I know so little regarding God and his power and majesty that I pick up one grain and remember to know this grain of God has so much energy.  I have just walked in one mansion of the infinite.

That'll be almighty then?

MrMajestik

How does an infinite perfect being create anything that is finite and imperfect ?

Quote from: Stellar on August 06, 2014, 01:37:09 AM

If you have the time and inclination, please rephrase that in a way this finite being can understand.  Thanks!

Quote from: b_dubb on August 06, 2014, 01:21:29 AM
Time is a flat circle

That is such a finite answer.  Thanks a bunch, Professor Wisenheimer.

Quote from: MrMajestik on August 06, 2014, 10:09:23 AM
  How does an infinite perfect being create anything that is finite and imperfect ?

God can be kind of a jerk sometimes, especially after He's been drinking tequila.

maureen

It seems to me that "God" is the name we give to everything we don't know.

onan

by redefining terms.

The General

If God exists, he exists outside of time.
Because he created it.  Theologically speaking,
Time was created for our benefit.

But how could God have a coherent, ordered thought if there's no linear flow of time?

onan

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 06, 2014, 12:15:52 PM
But how could God have a coherent, ordered thought if there's no linear flow of time?

Because he is standing on a giant turtle.

The General

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 06, 2014, 12:15:52 PM
If there is a supernatural being that created the universe, we could not understand that being with our limited understanding.  Much like what a goldfish understands about the world outside of his goldfish bowl.

Quote from: The General on August 06, 2014, 12:42:56 PM
If there is a supernatural being that created the universe, we could not understand that being with our limited understanding.  Much like what a goldfish understands about the world outside of his goldfish bowl.

There's an 'outside?'

Yorkshire pud

This is crying out for the scene with Deep Thought explaining Earth.

Can the amoeba fully grasp human life and all that it entails?

How then can man fully grasp the concept of God and all that entails?

Foolish human pride.

We can understand a lot of esoteric things: quantum mechanics; general relativity; how to mechanically debone a chicken.  Personally I think the 'our tiny human brains can't understand' meme, which I've heard all my life, is just an easy out.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: FightTheFuture on August 06, 2014, 01:35:25 PM
Can the amoeba fully grasp human life and all that it entails?

How then can man fully grasp the concept of God and all that entails?

Foolish human pride.

Or conversely it's human insecurity and blind faith (because that is what it is) establishes in it's imagination an unseen deity in many colours and persuasions; each 'better' than another, that the leaders use to subjugate, inflict cruelty on the non believers, continue crushing poverty of spirit and substance and call it loving. Because any descent will be met with the cruel lightening bolt of damnation for all eternity...it's a crazy kinda love. Foolish human frailty that accepts indoctrination.

b_dubb

Oops.maybe it was His mistake? He should never have smoked that joint on the third day.

http://youtu.be/P2BevE96gtc

PerfectTommy

Quote from: MrMajestik on August 06, 2014, 10:09:23 AMHow does an infinite perfect being create anything that is finite and imperfect ?

Well, wrong choices were made in the Garden of Eden (i.e. failing to TRUST God) which plunged mankind, including everything under his dominion (earth, nature, animal kingdom, etc.) into sin and spiritual darkness.

We've been living with the consequences ever since.

Yes, God being All Mighty, technically could've stepped in and said, "Look at this shit! That's it! I gave you all free will but now I'm taking it away!"

However if He did that, He'd be contradicting Himself (i.e. lying) which He cannot do. Besides, He knew in advance we'd screw up royally which is why He only gave us dominion over the planet in "time".

"Time" will eventually expire.

zeebo

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 06, 2014, 01:05:32 PM
This is crying out for the scene with Deep Thought explaining Earth.

To quote Deep Thought ... It's "tricky".

Avi

Oy! I was just trying to master the Devil's objectives - and now this! Can you handle the infinity?