• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

List of Cock Gobblers, Ass Grabbers and Serial Buffoons who killed their careers

Started by paladin1991, November 29, 2017, 07:17:11 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on December 07, 2017, 12:05:27 PM
What is worse is that simple allegations, sometimes decades in the past, are assumed to be true and convictions with out a trial or even hearing. And the media and social phenomena has made "sexual harassment"  to include everything into one basket. As if something like rape or child abuse is the same as telling a dirty joke in the workplace or a grope at a party. Sure the latter is bad but not as bad as the former. And no nuance or difference between things that are, at best, civil crimes or in bad taste versus very violent acts. And even anonymous accusations are deemed true without a day in court, a chance to confront the accuser, or needed to have evidence.

Mary Jo Kopechne is rolling in her grave.

bateman

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 07, 2017, 11:42:24 AM
I know, I know but it seems like every man who has committed a sexual impropriety is being forced out of whatever business they are in.  Sure there are some like Conyers and Weinstein who deserve it but some do not.

I agree in principle but not in practice right now. If the Left wants to crucify Roy Moore over unproven allegations (and to be clear, I’m not a Roy Moore supporter at all, I think the guy is a sanctimonious creep) then the Right needs to apply the same standard to their opponents. For decades we allowed the Left to dictate terms of engagement. Not anymore. Politics is amoral - it’s about how many Rs and how many Ds. They try to take a Senate seat, you better believe we have to gun for one (or more) of theirs. This is warfare, and I do mean that in a literal sense. Ds have also always had the benefit of Media backing, so open warfare on the news-Entertainment complex is past due as well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b8CpON8VrRU

Jackstar

Quote from: bateman on December 07, 2017, 12:33:54 PM
Andrew Breitbart

We're all clear that this guy was literally assassinated, right? You all remember that, right?

paladin1991

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 07, 2017, 11:13:28 AM
I might get in trouble for this but I don't think he should have resigned.  Do we really need to put a microscope on everybody who enters the political arena? Yes, Franken did some things in the past that were in bad taste but c'mon he was a comedian.  Yes, he shouldn't have put his tongue in that lady's mouth but to force him out of the Senate over it, c'mon!  Who among us are perfect (besides me)?

Maybe.  Maybe not.  As men we are accountable for words and actions. that being said, his career as a comedian should not be carrying as much weight in this career as a politician. Things done for comedy's sake were for... comedy.  Over the top or in poor taste, sure, some of it.  And he should have answered for it then.   
Let's face it, if these women had made their statements then, we wouldn't have had to put up with Franken since then.

paladin1991

Quote from: =Schlyder= on December 07, 2017, 11:33:05 AM
Doesn't matter. The Liberals started this game of witch hunt, let them burn their own at the stake.

There comes a point where sharks in a feeding frenzy begin eating each other. 

Quote from: bateman on December 07, 2017, 12:33:54 PM
I agree in principle but not in practice right now. If the Left wants to crucify Roy Moore over unproven allegations (and to be clear, I’m not a Roy Moore supporter at all, I think the guy is a sanctimonious creep) then the Right needs to apply the same standard to their opponents. For decades we allowed the Left to dictate terms of engagement. Not anymore. Politics is amoral - it’s about how many Rs and how many Ds. They try to take a Senate seat, you better believe we have to gun for one (or more) of theirs. This is warfare, and I do mean that in a literal sense. Ds have also always had the benefit of Media backing, so open warfare on the news-Entertainment complex is past due as well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b8CpON8VrRU

I feel exactly as you do particularly when I'm agitated and that is pretty often in recent years.  I don't know how I feel about Moore.  I definitely don't think he should be put out to dry over the allegations that have been made  Even if true, it only means he was a lot like other Southern boys.  You establish yourself in a profession and then look for a mate.  Being a rural area, many men in their 30's married a girl in the teens.  In the old days that was largely because people wanted large families so they could take care of a farm.  That mindset continued until recently.  Jerry Lee Lewis married his 14 year old cousin.  Yeah, he was only 18 or 19 but basically the same mindset.

Anyway, Moore does seem to be a bit sanctimonious and it is a turnoff but then again I admired his gumption when he refused to go along with the movement to take away the 10 commandments monument from the Alabama capitol.  He seems to have a strength that is woefully lacking in many politicians especially those in the Republican party. 

paladin1991

What is worse is that simple allegations, sometimes decades in the past, are assumed to be true and convictions with out a trial or even hearing. And the media and social phenomena has made "sexual harassment"  to include everything into one basket. As if something like rape or child abuse is the same as telling a dirty joke in the workplace or a grope at a party. Sure the latter is bad but not as bad as the former. And no nuance or difference between things that are, at best, civil crimes or in bad taste versus very violent acts. And even anonymous accusations are deemed true without a day in court, a chance to confront the accuser, or needed to have evidence.

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 07, 2017, 01:26:12 PM
Maybe.  Maybe not.  As men we are accountable for words and actions. that being said, his career as a comedian should not be carrying as much weight in this career as a politician. Things done for comedy's sake were for... comedy.  Over the top or in poor taste, sure, some of it.  And he should have answered for it then.   
Let's face it, if these women had made their statements then, we wouldn't have had to put up with Franken since then.

Good point.

Jackstar

even anonymous accusations are deemed true without a day in court, a chance to confront the accuser, or needed to have evidence

We've come a long, long way since the Gulf of Tonkin incident.

bateman

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 07, 2017, 01:45:44 PM
I feel exactly as you do particularly when I'm agitated and that is pretty often in recent years.  I don't know how I feel about Moore.  I definitely don't think he should be put out to dry over the allegations that have been made  Even if true, it only means he was a lot like other Southern boys.  You establish yourself in a profession and then look for a mate.  Being a rural area, many men in their 30's married a girl in the teens.  In the old days that was largely because people wanted large families so they could take care of a farm.  That mindset continued until recently.  Jerry Lee Lewis married his 14 year old cousin.  Yeah, he was only 18 or 19 but basically the same mindset.

Anyway, Moore does seem to be a bit sanctimonious and it is a turnoff but then again I admired his gumption when he refused to go along with the movement to take away the 10 commandments monument from the Alabama capitol.  He seems to have a strength that is woefully lacking in many politicians especially those in the Republican party. 

Certainly not limited to rural areas. Jerry Seinfeld started dating a 17 year-old when he was nearly 40. This is how the media responded:

Steven Tyler legally adopted a 14 year-old.

http://www.feelnumb.com/2011/01/22/steven-tyler-once-had-14-year-old-girlfriend-that-her-parents-signed-over-to-him/

The list goes on and on. These people revere Roman Polanski, a literal child rapist, but Whoopi Goldberg said “it wasn’t rape rape” on that cackling hen show.

These aren’t allegations, these are facts. Media ran cover for them for decades, but suddenly develop a conscience when it’s Roy Moore. Fuck ‘em. It’s not about morality, it’s about a Senate seat.

Jackstar

Quote from: bateman on December 07, 2017, 02:54:51 PM
Jerry Seinfeld started dating a 17 year-old when he was nearly 40. This is how the media responded:

>ONLY JEWS MAY DO THIS

Gd5150

Quote from: bateman on December 07, 2017, 02:54:51 PM
Media ran cover for them for decades, but suddenly develop a conscience when it’s Roy Moore. Fuck ‘em. It’s not about morality, it’s about a Senate seat.

Amen

The left’s chickens.....are comin home..............
..........................................................to roost.

Zetaspeak

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 07, 2017, 01:26:12 PM

I thought the infamous Fraken photo is a classic case of faux outrage. Let's all be honest, it's an obvious gag photo by a comedian, where she was in no danger and there was soldiers all around (BTW if that was an abuse, why aren't the soldiers there being court martial for not stopping it) it might be sexist or boorish but lets not say some gag photo of a mugging guy with his fingers over a chest protector has any legit threat to it.

BTW as critical as I am of Trump, I wouldn't use anything that was said or done on air during The Apprentice, that's a TV show, anything he said during the show I view it as a TV character.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Zetaspeak on December 07, 2017, 03:51:29 PM
I thought the infamous Fraken photo is a classic case of faux outrage. Let's all be honest, it's an obvious gag photo by a comedian, where she was in no danger and there was soldiers all around (BTW if that was an abuse, why aren't the soldiers there being court martial for not stopping it) it might be sexist or boorish but lets not say some gag photo of a mugging guy with his fingers over a chest protector has any legit threat to it.

BTW as critical as I am of Trump, I wouldn't use anything that was said or done on air during The Apprentice, that's a TV show, anything he said during the show I view it as a TV character.

No thoughts about how the woman felt about it? How convenient! Sorry but I just can't take known liars and gaslighters seriously anymore.  ;D

GravitySucks

In 1983, congress censured two congressman for having sexual relations with 17 year old pages.

Studds from Massachusetts was a democrat and went on to be reelected another 6 times or so.

Crane from Illinois was a republican and was defeated in the next election.

How times of changed. Oh, what was the difference?  Studds had a homosexual affair with a male page that was 17. Crane made the mistake of falling for a female.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 07, 2017, 04:33:09 PM
In 1983, congress censured two congressman for having sexual relations with 17 year old pages.

Studds from Massachusetts was a democrat and went on to be reelected another 6 times or so.

Crane from Illinois was a republican and was defeated in the next election.

How times of changed. Oh, what was the difference?  Studds had a homosexual affair with a male page that was 17. Crane made the mistake of falling for a female.

I think I can explain the mindset that explains that difference, especially 35 years ago and it goes something like this for the average liberal person:

1st case: Gross but I guess that just what homos do and how they act and who am I to say what's right for another man? (My thinking is that there's long been a tacit acceptance of the idea that pedophilia is a part of gay culture. I don't necessarily mean that they're going after little kids but that a significant portion of that demographic are older men who like to hook up with teenage boys if they can, e.g. Kevin Spacey)

2nd case: That could be my daughter!  >:(

;)

Juan

With Roy Moore, one thing that’s forgotten is that in the 70s and into the mid-80s, an 18-year old was an adult. He or she could buy alcohol, guns, cigarettes, vote and be drafted (while there was a draft). 18-year olds were not considered precious snowflakes.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Juan on December 07, 2017, 04:51:43 PM
With Roy Moore, one thing that’s forgotten is that in the 70s and into the mid-80s, an 18-year old was an adult. He or she could buy alcohol, guns, cigarettes, vote and be drafted (while there was a draft). 18-year olds were not considered precious snowflakes.

I have 3 female cousins from Alabama. They were all 3-5 years older than me, so probably around the same timeframe as Moore was down there as a single man. All 3 were married before they were 16 and the youngest one was married right after she turned 14. Times and customs were different back then. Especially in Alabama.

Quote from: Zetaspeak on December 07, 2017, 03:51:29 PM

Agree.

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 07, 2017, 04:56:42 PM
I have 3 female cousins from Alabama. They were all 3-5 years older than me, so probably around the same timeframe as Moore was down there as a single man. All 3 were married before they were 16 and the youngest one was married right after she turned 14. Times and customs were different back then. Especially in Alabama.

LOL.  Especially in Alabama!

=Schlyder=

LOL  and in the 80s  I played in a hair metal band.  I can tell you that the ladies know how to play grab hands very well.   

I would not be surprised if Franken tried to take back his resignation should Roy Moore win.  After all he did not say that he resigned today but that he will resign in the next few weeks.

Up All Night

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 07, 2017, 11:13:28 AM
I might get in trouble for this but I don't think he should have resigned.  Do we really need to put a microscope on everybody who enters the political arena? Yes, Franken did some things in the past that were in bad taste but c'mon he was a comedian.  Yes, he shouldn't have put his tongue in that lady's mouth but to force him out of the Senate over it, c'mon!  Who among us are perfect (besides me)?

I agree with you about Franken. I think he should have gone through the Ethics Committee, like he originally said was the right thing to do.

What Changed ? ? ?

He stated today, he would not be able to do his job fully and go through the Ethics Committee process.

Now that reason was a boatload full of shit ! After what the Senator originally said.

I believe Franken is being forced out against his will. I don't know the precise mechanics of how. Perhaps the real story might be, that, based on the accusations that those in power know about, that Franken would have been forced to leave at the completion of an Ethics probe.