• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Main Menu

Brexit

Started by Imconfused, June 22, 2016, 01:58:16 PM

albrecht

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on June 27, 2016, 10:36:19 AM
Well what do you know?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/683739/EU-referendum-German-French-European-superstate-Brexit

An unelected continental bureaucracy. They see the writing on the wall and know unless they go full tyrant it will all come tumbling down on them.
Meanwhile back at home I wonder if Obama is fretting over this new election, or something?  ;)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208052345000935&set=pcb.10208052347400995&type=3&theater
What were United Nations vehicles doing in Virginia on Friday?

That’s what motorists were left to wonder when they saw UN tactical vehicles â€" with bulletproof glass â€" on a flatbed truck and rolling down Interstate 81.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: VtaGeezer on June 27, 2016, 09:26:29 AM
An MP in the House of Commons just said that graffiti (by Brit nationalists) on a Polish group's building was a racist attack.   :-\
BTW, the MP in question was Jeremy Corbyn leader of the Labour Party.

VtaGeezer

Standard & Poors just cut the credit rating of the UK from AAA to AA.  That's the same S&P that was giving mortgage-backed CDOs AAA ratings right up to when they went over the cliff.

Jackstar

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on June 27, 2016, 09:11:11 AM
Wait until you find out what the hexagram/seal of solomon on Israel's flag really means.

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on June 27, 2016, 09:11:11 AM
Wait until you find out what the hexagram/seal of solomon on Israel's flag really means.

A ~ spirited ~ game of Tri-ominoes with the Numbers Lady, Glynis Mccants?

Now the question is how does this effect the global economy of the rest of the year? It's interesting watching it play out day by day.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on June 27, 2016, 11:14:38 AM
BTW, the MP in question was Jeremy Corbyn leader of the Labour Party.

A communist invoking the boogeyman of racism. I'm shocked, geezer.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on June 27, 2016, 01:33:17 PM
Now the question is how does this effect the global economy of the rest of the year? It's interesting watching it play out day by day.

It's hard to say because the vote itself subverted so many expectations. Trades have been hurting because the market (aka individual investors) had bet against it. Functionally nothing has changed yet in the UK and won't for a while. Uncertainty is the mistress in the affair of economics. Most likely the pound will recover slowly but surely, but the euro may tank if more countries begin to push for their own exit votes. The American markets are headed for rough rough times anyway, which will probably be the big news no matter what happens.

Lilith

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on June 27, 2016, 02:12:38 PM
It's hard to say because the vote itself subverted so many expectations. Trades have been hurting because the market (aka individual investors) had bet against it. Functionally nothing has changed yet in the UK and won't for a while. Uncertainty is the mistress in the affair of economics. Most likely the pound will recover slowly but surely, but the euro may tank if more countries begin to push for their own exit votes. The American markets are headed for rough rough times anyway, which will probably be the big news no matter what happens.

I'm all ready for the journey into the unknown region. 

VtaGeezer

Next week, Da PreZ heads to Warsaw for a NATO summit.  I don't recall ever hearing that the EU and NATO were formally linked, but the elites are talking like they are.  The question is whether Obama will diss the Brits and actually send them to the end of the line as he threatened.  Madeline Albright, HMH's sister in incompetence, spit in the face of Brits today, saying that the commoners didn't really understand what they were doing.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on June 27, 2016, 06:03:00 PM
Next week, Da PreZ heads to Warsaw for a NATO summit.  I don't recall ever hearing that the EU and NATO were formally linked, but the elites are talking like they are.  The question is whether Obama will diss the Brits and actually send them to the end of the line as he threatened.  Madeline Albright, HMH's sister in incompetence, spit in the face of Brits today, saying that the commoners didn't really understand what they were doing.

Oh they knew all right.  You can either be Germany's bitch or not.   If I were  Irish, Scottish, Welsh or English I think I'd rather not be totally in an EU dominated by Germany.  I'd rather shoot for a position like Norway has.
Germany still has some internal work to do after reunification but they have done remarkably well in a short time and they certainly are not going to get weaker economically.

Germany has been doing great, they just need to elect their next leader wisely.

Imconfused

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on June 27, 2016, 06:39:52 PM
Germany has been doing great, they just need to elect their next leader wisely.

Yes,  Germany is doing great....

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 27, 2016, 06:28:16 PM
Oh they knew all right.  You can either be Germany's bitch or not.   If I were  Irish, Scottish, Welsh or English I think I'd rather not be totally in an EU dominated by Germany.  I'd rather shoot for a position like Norway has.
Germany still has some internal work to do after reunification but they have done remarkably well in a short time and they certainly are not going to get weaker economically.
Now if the Scots had demanded independence in the 60s before the oil boom, Aberdeen would be a city of gold.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 27, 2016, 06:28:16 PM
Oh they knew all right.  You can either be Germany's bitch or not.
Germany's commercial bitch, but Brussels social/regulatory bitch. This all probably started when Rolls-Royce Motor Cars became German, and Jaguar became Indian.

Imconfused

Quote from: VtaGeezer on June 27, 2016, 08:04:09 PM
Germany's commercial bitch, but Brussels social/regulatory bitch. This all probably started Rolls-Royce Motor Cars became German, and Jaguar became Indian.

oy vey...

Quote from: Imconfused on June 27, 2016, 07:50:43 PM
Yes,  Germany is doing great....

Economically they've done very well. This goes back to the whole choosing a better leader thing.

Imconfused

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on June 27, 2016, 08:27:09 PM
Economically they've done very well. This goes back to the whole choosing a better leader thing.

You mean this one?

VtaGeezer

After being the cheerleader for Brexit and presumed pack leader to replace Cameron, Boris Johnson today said he won't run.  And he even combed his hair on the occasion.  Reminds me of the old cartoon with the airliner pilot nonchalantly walking toward the door wearing a parachute.

Boris Johnson appointed Britain's foreign minister

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/boris-johnson-appointed-britains-foreign-minister/ar-BBuiOEs?ocid=ansmsnnews11

Boris Johnson, the former London mayor and "Leave" campaign figurehead in Britain's EU referendum, was appointed foreign secretary on Wednesday in new Prime Minister Theresa May's government.

In a surprise announcement Johnson, who had been seemingly cast into the political wilderness after the June 23 referendum, was handed a task that will inevitably be dominated by handling Britain's departure from the European Union following last month's vote to leave.

Latest updates: Click for more news about the UK leadership transition from BreakingNews.com

Johnson had been widely expected to stand for the leadership of the governing Conservative Party after "Remain" campaign leader David Cameron announced his resignation as prime minister in the wake of the referendum.

Johnson had been the bookmakers' favourite to become prime minister.

However, his running mate Michael Gove decided to stand for the job himself and Johnson swiftly pulled out in a shock statement which had been expected to announce his candidacy.

It is the first role in government for Johnson, who was London's mayor from 2008 to 2016, a spell which included overseeing the 2012 Olympic Games.

The appointment amounts to a remarkable comeback for the mop-haired 52-year-old, whose career was thought to have crashed and burned after what was seen as a political assassination by Gove.

Johnson was the second appointment in May's new government after she shifted Philip Hammond from the Foreign Office brief to become Britain's new finance minister.

"The queen has been pleased to approve the appointment of Boris Johnson MP as Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs," Downing Street said in a statement.

On leaving the prime minister's Downing Street office, Johnson immediately got into a ministerial car and went to speak to staff at the Foreign Office.

pyewacket

Guess who's coming to the convention. :)

Farage To Address RNC In Cleveland, Says Brexit Has ‘Lessons’ For America

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/07/14/farage-heads-cleveland-rnc/

SredniVashtar

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 14, 2016, 09:03:15 AM
I love...big dick.

Thank you for sharing with the group. It doesn't make you a bad person, but it does explain a lot.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: pyewacket on July 14, 2016, 09:09:50 AM
Guess who's coming to the convention. :)

Farage To Address RNC In Cleveland, Says Brexit Has ‘Lessons’ For America

Yes, we're holding a clearance sale. You can buy the Tower of London for about 50 bucks. If you wait a couple of days though the price is sure to drop. We'll throw in Farage as a freebie to the lucky buyer.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 14, 2016, 09:25:38 AM
Yes, we're holding a clearance sale. You can buy the Tower of London for about 50 bucks. If you wait a couple of days though the price is sure to drop. We'll throw in Farage as a freebie to the lucky buyer.
Farge for VP.