• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Waco biker shoot-em-up

Started by VtaGeezer, May 18, 2015, 12:02:09 PM

VtaGeezer

Nine dead in a biker gunfight that probably started over who had better accessorizing.  America in 2015?  How'd the futurists miss this. I'm always nonplussed whn I see a pack of affluent greybeards on $25K Harleys and wearing a grand in leather gaywear pretending to be outlaw bikers. The Waco TX police chief said "...this could be any town in America".  Sorry pal. You need to get out of Texas more often.  Another feather in Waco's cap.

Yorkshire pud

this could be any town in America".  Sorry pal. You need to get out of Texas more often.  Another feather in Waco's cap.

Hmmm, Canada, Australia, UK, USA.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-32779354

Great fun eh? Allegedly it was over parking spots..Seriously.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 18, 2015, 12:04:09 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-32779354

Great fun eh? Allegedly it was over parking spots..Seriously.
Possible as they tend to fight at the drop of a hat and if one is involved all must jump in. But word on street the Cossocks have an agreement with Hell Angels so the Banditos are worried about their territory. But all involved were apparently recruiting at the Twin Peaks over the past weeks. Cops were well aware and lots of vice and undercovers likely involved. Banditos snipered a guy who was trying to bring Angels chapter here locally a few years back.
http://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2006-05-19/366344/
Unsolved case and professional style hit (as opposed to the usual chain and  bat fights.) Interestingly some of these groups have international claims and some biker wars in Denmark, Canada, The Netherlands, etc. My favorite shirt (as seen on news) had a badge on back that said "Support the Fat Mexican, Denton." I'm not sure if that is a gang called "Fat Mexicans" or just that we should support a certain individual.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Marc.Knight on May 18, 2015, 12:08:42 PM
Mad Max.
I heard in one report that the Twin Peaks (a Hooter's copycat) cultivated outlaw biker business and attracted a lot of gawkers and wannabees. The parent company yanked the franchise today.  I remember a world where people tried to emulate "high class"; not the contemporary fixation on being, or at least looking , bad ass.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 18, 2015, 12:59:54 PM
I heard in one report that the Twin Peaks (a Hooter's copycat) cultivated outlaw biker business and attracted a lot of gawkers and wannabees. The parent company yanked the franchise today.  I remember a world where people tried to emulate "high class"; not the contemporary fixation on being, or at least looking , bad ass.
It used to be a good thing but now words like "elite", "discriminating", etc are considered a bad thing and not politically correct. There is even a phenomena, I kid you not I saw a march in London in broad daylight, of trying to "reclaim" and "own" the word slut, with parades called "slut walks." In the C2C world, and increasingly in the real world, it is a BAD thing if you are a MD or PhD and the fact that you have advanced degrees or work for a legitimate corporation lends you LESS credibility. Bizarre world.

I'm fairly certain that certain groups, like Hell's Angels and Banditos, have been prosecuted under RICO etc before so wouldn't be prima facie evidence you are a criminal if you are driving around wearing those colors?

Quote from: albrecht on May 18, 2015, 01:46:15 PM
...increasingly in the real world, it is a BAD thing if you are a MD or PhD...

Yep, those new 'grassroot' Republicans have some odd philosophies

VtaGeezer

Quote from: albrecht on May 18, 2015, 01:46:15 PM
In the C2C world, and increasingly in the real world, it is a BAD thing if you are a MD or PhD and the fact that you have advanced degrees or work for a legitimate corporation lends you LESS credibility. Bizarre world.
I disagree about typical bikers (not outlaws); most are aging middle class Walter Mittys with mundane jobs but rigid role players in their off time.  I have a neighbor who's a retired CFO of a big non-profit institution and he spends an hour "dressing up" for his daily ride on his Harley; putt-putting down Main Street at 20 mph to be seen.  Then he comes home, changes from leathers to his LL Bean stuff and works in the garden.  When I lived in the coastal hills in So CA, geezers lost control of their Sportsters on mtn curves often enough that it had a local name; DHS...Death by Harley Syndrome.

albrecht

Waco police apparently issued a warning that the gang(s) have issued orders to kill anyone in uniform. Not sure if the order is true or if it is the "abundance of caution" stuff.
http://www.goheroes.us/53-hours/texas-biker-gangs-ordered-to-kill-anyone-in-uniform

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 18, 2015, 02:28:04 PM
I disagree about typical bikers (not outlaws); most are aging middle class Walter Mittys with mundane jobs but rigid role players in their off time.  I have a neighbor who's a retired CFO of a big non-profit institution and he spends an hour "dressing up" for his daily ride on his Harley; putt-putting down Main Street at 20 mph to be seen.  Then he comes home, changes from leathers to his LL Bean stuff and works in the garden.  When I lived in the coastal hills in So CA, geezers lost control of their Sportsters on mtn curves often enough that it had a local name; DHS...Death by Harley Syndrome.
Yep. Organ donors, buying too much bike for themselves and playing dress-up. The 1% are a whole other story.

Gd5150

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 18, 2015, 02:28:04 PM
a retired CFO of a big non-profit institution

I know it's off topic but the term "non-profit" is a joke. If anyone in the "non-profit" gets paid anything, its making a profit.

That being said, I love yuppie bikers. Morons should stick to watching Easy Rider on their 65" TV's from the comfort of their million dollar homes they bought with the millions they made from working for a "non-profits".

Nick el Ass

Whatever happened to using words to settle a dispute?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Gd5150 on May 18, 2015, 03:21:08 PM
I know it's off topic but the term "non-profit" is a joke. If anyone in the "non-profit" gets paid anything, its making a profit.

This guy worked for a big museum. I don't mind people who work for non-profits making a competitive salary, but many have become real cons.  I no longer give to the Red Cross since learning their district executive made $250K/yr 20 years ago.  United Way...no f'ing way.  The Girl Scouts of America have turned the kids into mini-slaves while their f'ing national executives make HUGE salaries; CEO reportedly took nearly $400K in '13 and state directors make over $100K.  How many boxes of chocolate mints does that take?  All those weepy "Wounded Warrior Project" commercials on cable?  WWP CEO made $300K in '13, and they paid $21M in bonuses to 250 employees.

berry

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 18, 2015, 04:24:30 PM
This guy worked for a big museum. I don't mind people who work for non-profits making a competitive salary, but many have become real cons.  I no longer give to the Red Cross since learning their district executive made $250K/yr 20 years ago.  United Way...no f'ing way.  The Girl Scouts of America have turned the kids into mini-slaves while their f'ing national executives make HUGE salaries; CEO reportedly took nearly $400K in '13 and state directors make over $100K.  How many boxes of chocolate mints does that take?  All those weepy "Wounded Warrior Project" commercials on cable?  WWP CEO made $300K in '13, and they paid $21M in bonuses to 250 employees.

I agree. I only donate to local charities now where I know the volunteers and the cause.

albrecht

I like how some of the clubs do "charity" drives and fund-raisers. Lets deliver some meth and stolen guns one day and stuffed animals the next! Also their clever use of regional franchising and international expansion (in addition to copyright and legal fights over their names, patches, right to exist, etc.) They must go 'undercover' as a shaven, normally clothed guy to do their drug runs as I can't imagine any cop not pulling over someone wearing "colors"- or is that profiling and now verboten?

This is the kind of thing that can take place if you -- as a club manager -- are not paying attention. I was in the adult nightclub biz for years. Adult nightclubs are a favorite hangout spot for practically every OMG in the world, but I never let those thugs anywhere near my club. I can tell you from personal experience; they are the ISIS of organized crime. They`ll cut your throat or plant a bomb in your car just as soon as look at ya. Very bad hombres.

aldousburbank

If Janet Reno's motorcycle club had been in Waco all them scooter trash would be toast. 

Quick Karl

The infantilization of America, continues...

Gd5150

Quote from: Quick Karl on May 19, 2015, 10:38:07 AM
The infantilization of America, continues...

Remember Kurt Loder, Kennedy, and MTV news? LOL those were the days. Humping Clinton's leg every chance they got. It was a glorious time. Inspiring beliefs like Reagan will start WW3, the ozone hole and global warming will have the world covered in 20' of water in 10 years.

I just wish they'd bring back Jersey SWHore, between that and Sex and the City, they've convinced younger female generation to dress and act like sluts with pride. Look around, they're all wearing micro miniskirts and 5" heels by choice, love it! Give me more! Thanks MTV!

albrecht

So one of the Banditos is a worker for the City of Austin and latest news is that 3 of the accused murderers were accidentally released due to a clerical error on the amount of the bond and we are supposed to be "on alert" for them. On the good side the Bandito's leader told a reporter that there is no order to kill cops.
http://kxan.com/2015/05/18/bandidos-leader-says-there-is-no-order-to-kill-police/

On the funny side a caller to our local AM station just now called in to say that "most likely" the biker fight and shootings was a part of Jade Helm exercises and that most of the people involved are likely federal agents. "You know, like, every time a wife tries to hire a hit-man to kill her husband or someone wants to blow something but doesn't know anything about explosives it ends up being an agent." The hosts were playing Xfiles music over him as he spoke.

Quick Karl

Quote from: Gd5150 on May 19, 2015, 01:35:57 PM
Remember Kurt Loder, Kennedy, and MTV news? LOL those were the days. Humping Clinton's leg every chance they got. It was a glorious time. Inspiring beliefs like Reagan will start WW3, the ozone hole and global warming will have the world covered in 20' of water in 10 years.

I just wish they'd bring back Jersey SWHore, between that and Sex and the City, they've convinced younger female generation to dress and act like sluts with pride. Look around, they're all wearing micro miniskirts and 5" heels by choice, love it! Give me more! Thanks MTV!

Couldn't have said it better.

Your observations are spot on and the shitpool that America has become is the result of the progressive philosophies that inspired the age of non-reality-reality-TV that turned the masses of morons that watched it, into bigger morons than they already were.

Quick Karl

Quote from: albrecht on May 19, 2015, 01:42:23 PM
So one of the Banditos is a worker for the City of Austin and latest news is that 3 of the accused murderers were accidentally released due to a clerical error on the amount of the bond and we are supposed to be "on alert" for them. On the good side the Bandito's leader told a reporter that there is no order to kill cops.
http://kxan.com/2015/05/18/bandidos-leader-says-there-is-no-order-to-kill-police/

On the funny side a caller to our local AM station just now called in to say that "most likely" the biker fight and shootings was a part of Jade Helm exercises and that most of the people involved are likely federal agents. "You know, like, every time a wife tries to hire a hit-man to kill her husband or someone wants to blow something but doesn't know anything about explosives it ends up being an agent." The hosts were playing Xfiles music over him as he spoke.

Do you live in the generationally stunted City of Austin wherein effeminate uber-douchebags try to mimic the Rastafarian ganja dealers of 1970's NYC fame, replete with Dr. Zeus hats and foul odors, because they believe it makes them cool?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on May 19, 2015, 01:35:57 PM
Look around, they're all wearing micro miniskirts and 5" heels by choice, love it! Give me more!

Yeah; shame isn't it. Whats the matter, can't you get a woman to lay you?

"Gun violence rare for outlaw motorcycle gangs known for drugs, brawls". Good headline from USA Today.

"Over the past decade, the Bandidos had tried to improve its public image by organizing toy drives for needy children, among other things, even as the group continued its illegal activity, he said."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/05/18/waco-shooting-motorcycle-bandidos-texas/27549313/

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on May 20, 2015, 10:59:45 AM
"Gun violence rare for outlaw motorcycle gangs known for drugs, brawls". Good headline from USA Today.
Yeah...actually, it's rare for the Mafia too.  Good fellas all.

Gd5150

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on May 20, 2015, 10:59:45 AM

"Over the past decade, the Bandidos had tried to improve its public image by organizing toy drives for needy children, among other things, even as the group continued its illegal activity, he said."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/05/18/waco-shooting-motorcycle-bandidos-texas/27549313/

Sounds like a familiar tactic used by a certain political family seeking the White House again. Take bribes, stick them in an account, and call it a "foundation", while donating a whopping 10% of the 2 billion extorted to charity. If it's even that high. Don't mess with the "Clinton Angels"!

nextgen.fm

art could do a show on this, i'd love to hear his comments on it

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Gd5150 on May 20, 2015, 12:37:19 PM
Sounds like a familiar tactic used by a certain political family seeking the White House again. Take bribes, stick them in an account, and call it a "foundation", while donating a whopping 10% of the 2 billion extorted to charity. If it's even that high. Don't mess with the "Clinton Angels"!
How'd you get from Waco OMGs to "certain political family seeking the White House again"??  If you rode a Harley, it would be a knucklehead.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 20, 2015, 07:01:37 PM
How'd you get from Waco OMGs to "certain political family seeking the White House again"??  If you rode a Harley, it would be a knucklehead.
because they are all 1%ers. ;)

Zetaspeak

I shocked that there's a violent gang story and the media isn't talking about "single-parents" or the type of music they listen too.