A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on January 30, 2014, 12:36:32 AM
You don't think Wells will continue to refer to Noory as "captain of the mothership?" :))
haha, I wonder if Wells will now command his own "mothership" and continue to have "astro lines" ?
captain wells - our sensors show that c2c mothership is passing us, should we lock on photon torpedoes? affirmative... ;D

Morgus

I just recalled Noory hasn't been including John B Wells name in his thank you list at the end of the nightly show for the last month or so.
He must have known of this plan to jettison Wells from the "mothership" for quite sometime? ;)

It is not Schrader. I sent an email on his webpage and got a response back saying he has not been asked yet.

Morgus

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 30, 2014, 12:52:54 AM
It is not Schrader. I sent an email on his webpage and got a response back saying he has not been asked yet.
maybe they haven't asked anybody yet?
they might do tryouts for awhile...

Quote from: Morgus on January 30, 2014, 01:12:37 AM
maybe they haven't asked anybody yet?
they might do tryouts for awhile...
I could see that, would make the most sense.

The "fans" of c2c are very negative right on Facebook. I am really starting to doubt noorys popularity even on noorys fan page on Facebook they are negative. I m guessing just about anyone who hosted c2c would get the 3.25 million weekly listeners georgey gets.

I just saw its 60 a year... I'd pay that for art but wells NO WAY!

Ill torrent / youtube/ pirate stream that though. Not that I'm interested I just like illegal things.

Also they are stupid for not having a monthly subscription option, i don't know to many people who will plop down $60 for wells.  But 6 or 7 a month might intrigue a few more people.

Morgus

He should at least have a free trial period.
Even Noory has a 10 day free trial on his pay videocast show.

Morgus

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 30, 2014, 01:16:25 AM
I m guessing just about anyone who hosted c2c would get the 3.25 million weekly listeners georgey gets.
yep, noory must be afraid of that. must be why he never takes off more than a day or two at a time?

Quote from: Morgus on January 30, 2014, 01:23:31 AM
He should at least have a free trial period.
Even Noory has a 10 day free trial on his pay videocast show.

Noory claims that's tv program.  ::)

I get what your saying but how many people will want to pay $60 after listening  to wells for 10 days.
I would bet very few.

His current pricing model is doomed to fail I believe. I hope I'm wrong or he adapts.

...eagerly awaiting the 'upcoming schedule' update.. but that will most likely be held back until tomorrow ..

By the way, Wells may be as angry as Bell --something they perhaps never thought they'd have in common.
I was reading the comments section on the Caravan to Midnight. One persons said she emailed Noory asking why Wells left. She wrote this was her response: "I just got an email from Noory's e-mail address stating Wells "left to pursue his own show." Did you quit or were you fired, or was it a mutual parting where they weren't willing to let you have CTM and host C2C?"

Wells responded in a further comment: "I did not quit FYI." Then directing his comment directly to 'Kelly,' he said, "Do not believe what you were told."

BobGrau

Wells quit? Wow. Please somebody summarise any scandal, rumours etc.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: BobGrau on January 30, 2014, 06:52:03 AM

In short, the world will keep rotating; Noory will still have a reasonable audience, because no matter how much anyone says they detest him, they can't resist the brain altering chemicals they've taken that force them to stay up and listen.
Wells will have a new show, he'll still have Alex Jones on speed dial in case he runs out of doomsday scenarios, and he'll still have some disturbed people telling him what he wants to hear.

The end.

rangerdavid

It's all over Facebook.   Just trying to verify.    Has anyone else heard this???

aldousburbank

Falkie?

They parted their ways.
Check the John B Wells thread.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 30, 2014, 07:29:11 AM
Falkie?

Why not? He just has to refine his presentation, production, voice, programme content and everything else.

ItsOver

Quote from: HorrorReporter on January 30, 2014, 06:25:47 AM
By the way, Wells may be as angry as Bell --something they perhaps never thought they'd have in common.
I was reading the comments section on the Caravan to Midnight. One persons said she emailed Noory asking why Wells left. She wrote this was her response: "I just got an email from Noory's e-mail address stating Wells "left to pursue his own show." Did you quit or were you fired, or was it a mutual parting where they weren't willing to let you have CTM and host C2C?"

Wells responded in a further comment: "I did not quit FYI." Then directing his comment directly to 'Kelly,' he said, "Do not believe what you were told."

Wells response almost sounds like something Art would say.  So this Saturday is a TBA host with a TBA topic?  Still sounds better than Sunday's serving of Noory and The Submerging Artists.  Has PremRat finally awakened?  Will we place a man on Mars this year?  ;)

Quote from: ItsOver on January 30, 2014, 07:52:03 AM
Wells response almost sounds like something Art would say.  So this Saturday is a TBA host with a TBA topic?  Still sounds better than Sunday's serving of Noory and The Submerging Artists.  Has PremRat finally awakened?  Will we place a man on Mars this year?  ;)

It did sound like Art.. Like I said, Bell and Wells are obviously completely different in style and manner, but something behind the scenes continues to happen at Premiere radio.
It would certainly be interesting to see actual ratings. Either Premiere was uncomfortable with the toxic nature of Wells, or Noory was uncomfortable that Wells seemed to be getting more spotlight and attention than him..

And that's why Dave Schrader will not be the weekend host. We all know before long people will be calling for him to take over the show.
I can see Rob Simone.. I like his topics but can't stand his NPR voice. Also I remember when Noory called him "Robby" and "Robby' gushed on air about his love for Daddy George.
Simone Saturdays?
NOORY may have to give up Polka night and host now??
LINDA HOWE?
ART BELL!? Ha..
TBA ..

ItsOver

Quote from: HorrorReporter on January 30, 2014, 07:54:21 AM
It did sound like Art.. Like I said, Bell and Wells are obviously completely different in style and manner, but something behind the scenes continues to happen at Premiere radio.
It would certainly be interesting to see actual ratings. Either Premiere was uncomfortable with the toxic nature of Wells, or Noory was uncomfortable that Wells seemed to be getting more spotlight and attention than him..

And that's why Dave Schrader will not be the weekend host. We all know before long people will be calling for him to take over the show.
I can see Rob Simone.. I like his topics but can't stand his NPR voice. Also I remember when Noory called him "Robby" and "Robby' gushed on air about his love for Daddy George.
Simone Saturdays?
NOORY may have to give up Polka night and host now??
LINDA HOWE?
ART BELL!? Ha..
TBA ..

Wasn't Noory a supposed mentor of Simone?  That should tell us something.  :P  Yes, I have a similar issue with his delivery, as well.  Just too vanilla.

Hahaha, if it wasn't for Art's feelings about PremRat, I could see PremRat working a deal with Sirius to let Art take on Saturday night.  PremRat could continue playing SIT on Saturday with Art doing a live show afterwards.  Wouldn't that be great?  Think how nervous Noory would be.  ;D  Come on, Art.  You've done some major changes over the years.  Do it for the vaguely lovable "children" of BellGab.  ;)  Hey, we can dream, can't we?

wr250

Quote from: BobGrau on January 30, 2014, 06:52:03 AM

wells stated on another  show that he "got a little  to close to the truth for premier radio" or something similar. apparently he has no non-compete in place, or has fulfilled it.

Nebraska888

Sure wish they'd give Schrader Saturdays.........

Nebraska888

Quote from: ItsOver on January 30, 2014, 08:11:55 AM
Wasn't Noory a supposed mentor of Simone?  That should tell us something.  :P  Yes, I have a similar issue with his delivery, as well.  Just too vanilla.

Hahaha, if it wasn't for Art's feelings about PremRat, I could see PremRat working a deal with Sirius to let Art take on Saturday night.  PremRat could continue playing SIT on Saturday with Art doing a live show afterwards.  Wouldn't that be great?  Think how nervous Noory would be.  ;D  Come on, Art.  You've done some major changes over the years.  Do it for the vaguely lovable "children" of BellGab.  ;)  Hey, we can dream, can't we?

I'm drooling into my pillow......... ;)   Sometimes dreams DO come true!

cweb

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 30, 2014, 01:19:25 AM
Not that I'm interested I just like illegal things.
Quote of the day.

I too will check Wells if he has a trial period, but I probably won't pony up any dough for his subscribers. I do often wonder if his political talk was something he utilized because he thought it would please PremRat, rather than something they'd holler at him for. Still not sure.

I'm also curious to see if he stops trying to be "cool guy John" and just relaxes. For me, JBW is one of those guys who's on the edge of what I like. He starts something interesting and then makes you go "meh" when he takes a crazy turn with it.

You don't think Wells will continue to refer to Noory as "captain of the mothership?" :))
Yes. But replace "ship" with a word that rhymes with "truckers."

Nebraska888

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 30, 2014, 07:20:59 AM
In short, the world will keep rotating; Noory will still have a reasonable audience, because no matter how much anyone says they detest him, they can't resist the brain altering chemicals they've taken that force them to stay up and listen.
Wells will have a new show, he'll still have Alex Jones on speed dial in case he runs out of doomsday scenarios, and he'll still have some disturbed people telling him what he wants to hear.

The end.

Very well stated.

ItsOver

Quote from: cweb on January 30, 2014, 08:23:58 AM

...Yes. But replace "ship" with a word that rhymes with "truckers."

Damn truckers.  ;) :)

cweb

It's too bad they haven't asked Schrader (yet). He'd be a great Saturday host. It could prepare him for eventual weekday duty and let the suits at PremRat see how the numbers would improve over Snoory.

Simone would be okay, but would take a little getting used to.

Having Ian back would be great, but I'm not sure if it would fit with his ear condition or other plans right now.

I'd love to see Knapp pick up some Saturday action. I don't think he will because of his job in TV and possibly health reasons.

And of course there's the Noory possibility. Pass. I'd rather have Hoagland host on Saturdays. At least he'd be lively and challenge guests.

FallenSeraph

GEORGE NOORY IS AN ASSCLOWN

FallenSeraph

I think it's free but you have to be a paying subscriber to have 24/7 access to the shows if you don't catch them during the original broadcast of 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. or whatever (when most of the fortunate people are working).

Oops. I now see I quoted the wrong thing. Sorry.

Quote from: cweb on January 30, 2014, 08:23:58 AM
I'm also curious to see if he stops trying to be "cool guy John" and just relaxes.

And this.