• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Lisa Garr

Started by yumyumtree, May 10, 2014, 06:56:33 PM

UFQuack

This show is all commercials!

Nebraska888

Quote from: Faustina on April 10, 2016, 11:25:53 PM
She's the one c2c weekend host I absolutely cannot stomach.  It's gonna be classic Art Bell for me on TuneIn tonight.

I agree 100%....she is NPR material.....topics suck, she sucks, I just HAD to get on to this thread to bitch about how much Lisa Garr bugs the crap out of me! 

Garr is NOT what Coast to Coast is about. 

Ugh.

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on April 10, 2016, 11:12:37 PM
Her shows feel like they're ripped from a free alt. health mag. at the candle shop.

Zee, you say it the best!

Quote from: zeebo on April 10, 2016, 11:12:37 PM
Her shows feel like they're ripped from a free alt. health mag. at the candle shop.

I turned it off within a minute after I realized she was hosting.  One thing for sure is she can probably cure  insomnia.  Ten minutes in and you are off to dreamland.

Nebraska888

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 11, 2016, 12:42:50 AM
I turned it off within a minute after I realized she was hosting.  One thing for sure is she can probably cure  insomnia.  Ten minutes in and you are off to dreamland.

Yep! 

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 11, 2016, 12:42:50 AM

She makes Noory sound good!

Never2Late

I like her.  She's got a nice voice.  Seems like a nice person. 

With all of the awful personalities and grating voices that populate talk radio, she's a breath of fresh air.  Lightweight subjects, etc? Sure.  But anyone who still holds C2C in high regard, or takes any of it at all seriously, needs to take a long hard look at the quality of their entertainment/information. 

I certainly don't mind having her lovely voice in my headphones every once in a while.  I'm far more likely to stop on the station with Lisa Garr hosting than I am any number of blowhards that occasionally host, including/especially the main man.   

Nebraska888

Sunday night and Garr.......could it get any worse?   Sunday night and Noory. 

I will definitely be listening to Knapp on SIT archives!

Once again, Ms. Garr....NPR is calling.

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on June 12, 2016, 02:02:08 PM
Sunday night and Garr.......could it get any worse? ...

Well my good scotch will be kept locked away tonite.  In it's place I'll sip on some chamomile tea by the light of my aromatherapy candle while listening to Ms. Lisa's discussion with an 'angelic facilitator'.  Or not.

chefist

Quote from: zeebo on June 12, 2016, 03:11:38 PM
Well my good scotch will be kept locked away tonite.  In it's place I'll sip on some chamomile tea by the light of my aromatherapy candle while listening to Ms. Lisa's discussion with an 'angelic facilitator'.  Or not.

I've never heard her before. It seems she is not well recommended?

aldousburbank

Quote from: chefist on June 12, 2016, 03:14:07 PM
I've never heard her before. It seems she is not well recommended?

Perhaps you are familiar with here aliases- AKA Lease A Car, Lee Cigar?

I'd rather listen to the gal from Loolville.  I like Connie; she's talked to the Bigfeet, so she has crypto-cred.

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on June 12, 2016, 03:11:38 PM

Yes, Zee, save that scotch!  Hopefully, next week!

AvDaBr

The first time I saw the "Breaking News: Not Good" thread title I assumed it was a discussion of Garr hosting tonight.

Quote from: AvDaBr on June 12, 2016, 06:49:02 PM
The first time I saw the "Breaking News: Not Good" thread title I assumed it was a discussion of Garr hosting tonight.

She's the real terrorist.

Robert

This guest has been nauseating.  (Or I shouldn't've eaten cheese-&-onion sandwiches.)  From the early bit not knowing what a machine gun is, and on & on.

Audiofile

Quote from: Robert on June 13, 2016, 12:48:19 AM
This guest has been nauseating.  (Or I shouldn't've eaten cheese-&-onion sandwiches.)  From the early bit not knowing what a machine gun is, and on & on.
Hear! Hear!
That first hour guest was a total disappointment. Saying the U.S. is equally to blame for the terrorists attack in Orlando FL is total bunk.
Lisa didn't have much to contribute to the discussion either.

Quote from: rekcuf on June 12, 2016, 06:50:21 PM
She's the real terrorist.
======================================
'Allo!
with you all bareley am i yet.
Channeling am i the ghost of "Pogo Possum",his pal,'Churchez La Femme'...
An remark that Mz.Garr is'the real terrorist'had better be intended as irony,capiche?
Walt kelly's shade will short-sheet your bed for this.
Apologise profuseley or feel the semi-wrath of Beelzy's second-favorite cigar lady,after 'Carmen'.
More,Anon,
& sometimes an cigar is yust an cigar.
"B_B"
PS:NoLogo:
[7VF]

PChirp

Looks like a DOUBLE whammy tonight--the smooth pipes of Lee Cigar & Ty "Carnivora" Bollinger.  Here I thought only Dave was on the alternative/pyramid/mid-level marketing scheme bandwagon and now this.  Holy shit, this program has really hit the skids even on the weekends (and with the 'heady' guest hosts).   ::) 

zeebo

Quote from: PChirp on January 07, 2017, 05:09:39 PM
Looks like a DOUBLE whammy tonight--the smooth pipes of Lee Cigar & Ty "Carnivora" Bollinger.  Here I thought only Dave was on the alternative/pyramid/mid-level marketing scheme bandwagon and now this.  Holy shit, this program has really hit the skids even on the weekends (and with the 'heady' guest hosts).   ::)

Next we'll have Connie W. covering the phenomenon of paranormaldate.   ;)

PChirp

Quote from: zeebo on January 07, 2017, 05:48:01 PM

Zeeb,

I was thinking the other night when Tommy let that 'nasty' caller through to Dave of what the show has truly become.  First off, I couldn't believe Dave would actually take and defend the call.  Balls to Norrie for that, I'll give him credit.  The caller was simply POORLY prepared.  C2C has become nothing but a total infomercial shilling anything from 'prepper' dehydrated foods, veterinarian cure-alls (cancer and then some), dating websites, books, GIAM web-TV, Carnivora, P-90X (that was classhic), Lear Capital, to anything else Norrie can get his measly greasy fingers into for a quick profit.  I shouldn't bitch, I guess, for it's free 'entertainment' but it appears the tentacles of Jorge's greed are endless.   :o :o :o  Oh, and let's not forget that goddamned Sleep Number bed (set at 90, I might add) he goes on and on (for a profit) about.  It will NEVER end!   >:( >:( >:(  Me thinks me protest too much---besides, this thread's supposed to be about Lee Cigar.  ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on January 07, 2017, 05:48:01 PM
Ha!  Crap, I hope Knapp isn't forced to  delve into the mystery of toomeric, followed by a duet recital with Lionel Fanthorpe of Springheeled Jack, in a very special shplit show.

zeebo

Quote from: PChirp on January 07, 2017, 06:15:01 PM
I was thinking the other night when Tommy let that 'nasty' caller through to Dave of what the show has truly become.  First off, I couldn't believe Dave would actually take and defend the call.  Balls to Norrie for that, I'll give him credit.  The caller was simply POORLY prepared.  C2C has become nothing but a total infomercial ...

Yep I kinda gave Dave some credit for his feisty retorts, weak as they were (e.g. "Don't listen if you don't like it then!")  He shoulda at least offered the guy some healthy beet powder to help calm him down.   :D

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on January 07, 2017, 07:09:16 PM
Ha!  Crap, I hope Knapp isn't forced to  delve into the mystery of toomeric, followed by a duet recital with Lionel Fanthorpe of Springheeled Jack, in a very special shplit show.

Lol btw there was supposed to be a non-Fanthorpe Springheel guest last nite, but got postponed. 

PChirp

Quote from: zeebo on January 07, 2017, 08:07:03 PM
Yep I kinda gave Dave some credit for his feisty retorts, weak as they were (e.g. "Don't listen if you don't like it then!")  He shoulda at least offered the guy some healthy beet powder to help calm him down.   :D

Wow!!  What was I thinkin', I totally forgot about NooryBeets!!  Obviously I am deficient of beet powder in my diet.  Good call, sir!   ;D

AvDaBr

Just tuned in.  First time I've heard Boston's "Long Time" as bumper music.  I suppose Garr deserves credit for something positive.

zeebo

Quote from: AvDaBr on January 08, 2017, 01:16:28 AM
Just tuned in.  First time I've heard Boston's "Long Time" as bumper music.  I suppose Garr deserves credit for something positive.

Yep also she should get a +1 for her weirdo second guest.

ItsOver

Quote from: AvDaBr on January 08, 2017, 01:16:28 AM
One of my all time favorites.  Boston was fantastic, with Brad Delp singing and Schultz's creative genius.  I saw them on their original '70s tour.  Saw them in concert a few years ago and just not quite the same.  Schultz is still there but Delp is long gone, of course, after his suicide, and some chick is playing guitar in the group. 

ItsOver

Here's another goodie from Boston.  The entire first album is excellent and their follow-up "Don't Look Back" was pretty damn fine, too.

http://youtu.be/WGRrOEbY3pI

Who's Lee Cigar?  ;)

albrecht

Lee Cigar with Dr.Brilliant was actually pretty ok. His new-agey tripping (assumed) adventures and travels but his legit credentials was interesting. No "mail order" degree and some good comments and nuance on vaccines, health, etc. Cigar was a bit pushback versus a real doctor! Though Dr.Brilliant, friend of Wavy Gravy, also admitted that Bill Gates was for population control- but NOT as Alex Jones, etc say, but because children are saved by some vaccines that families in the 3rd world won't keep spitting them out (I paraphrase here) (because prior so many children would die they would have more to 'make up' for the loss.) He also was against the conspiracies, but some were true. Though he often went for the 'heart' instead of science (it is "heart-breaking" etc.) And he was against the autism stuff. Garr worried, "I am not a scientist." Haha. He also was circumspect and logical about vaccines (not all are the same, cost/benefit analysis, etc-- very contrary to the usual C2C show.)