• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Bella-Haven is Live

Started by nbirnes, July 01, 2015, 12:44:24 AM

nbirnes

Hello everyone. We're slouching toward July 20, creating a good talk-back show that will run immediately after Art's closing song. The stream isn't ready for prime time yet, so we're testing it and looking for some live volunteers to lend an ear every now and then. Usually at 3 am Eastern Standard Time.

First testing: July 1. 2:43 a.m. Mostly mellow tunes and some break-ins to work with audio bugs.

Exciting times. Only days to go.

RoseGirl

hi ya nancy....put the stream link up again k

RoseGirl

and take a deep breath....you are doing just fine

Zenman

I think I'm involuntarily doing the macerena, lol.

How did I get here, anyway??

nbirnes

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 01, 2015, 12:49:08 AM
hi ya nancy....put the stream link up again k

It's up. Whew. We got out of the main thread with our skin intact. I think I'll just call this our first test and learn some more. We're getting there.

I'll play tunes while I look up stuff.

nbirnes

Quote from: Zenman on July 01, 2015, 12:51:48 AM
I think I'm involuntarily doing the macerena, lol.

How did I get here, anyway??

Do you remember this song from Art in the 90s? I loved it. These girls are from Brazil and so pretty. Great youtube vids.

RoseGirl

Quote from: nbirnes on July 01, 2015, 12:52:09 AM
It's up. Whew. We got out of the main thread with our skin intact. I think I'll just call this our first test and learn some more. We're getting there.

I'll play tunes while I look up stuff.

no no....post it in here so I can click on it. oye

RoseGirl

Quote from: jazmunda on July 01, 2015, 12:54:11 AM
Hi!

hi ya jaz.....I got the music now....la la la go ask alice... la la

hey jaz....you going to do a promo for us????? way kewl

RoseGirl

I think Bella-Haven is going to be the best show ever!

Zenman

Quote from: nbirnes on July 01, 2015, 12:53:08 AM
Do you remember this song from Art in the 90s? I loved it. These girls are from Brazil and so pretty. Great youtube vids.

ok, I just figured it out. It's under Things and Such

I do remember the Ketchup song. I think it was one of those that Art played sparingly.

You're doing great, Nancy. Relax a bit. Technical glitches are inevitable and to be expected.

Sabu2K

I'm using my mac and  music is loud and crisp.

RoseGirl

Quote from: Zenman on July 01, 2015, 12:59:04 AM
ok, I just figured it out. It's under Things and Such

I do remember the Ketchup song. I think it was one of those that Art played sparingly.

You're doing great, Nancy. Relax a bit. Technical glitches are inevitable and to be expected.

Things and such? I will have to check that out. Do any of you have suggestions for what you may want to see on BellaHaven?

RoseGirl

is everyone else hearing the song 'summertime'?

nbirnes

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 01, 2015, 01:03:15 AM
is everyone else hearing the song 'summertime'?

Anyone else feeling a little bit paranoid? I don't plan to play tunes for the real show. This is just a test. I hope that's kosher; maybe I'd better turn it off just to be safe.

There. Test is complete. Thank you for your ears.

Heather Wade

Quote from: nbirnes on July 01, 2015, 01:06:57 AM
Anyone else feeling a little bit paranoid? I don't plan to play tunes for the real show. This is just a test. I hope that's kosher; maybe I'd better turn it off just to be safe.

There. Test is complete. Thank you for your ears.

You're going to do a great show.

nbirnes

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 01, 2015, 02:13:55 AM

You're going to do a great show.

Thanks, Redacted. Lots to learn, lots to Blitz with flair. There is a microphone with your name on it any time you have the time. Putting the bella in the haven.

castromiller

Where will Bella-Haven stream from? I thought Hoagland's show was going to be on right after Midnight in the Desert? Please tell me your show is still going to stream.

nbirnes

Quote from: castromiller on July 01, 2015, 03:38:27 PM
Where will Bella-Haven stream from? I thought Hoagland's show was going to be on right after Midnight in the Desert? Please tell me your show is still going to stream.

This is so exciting! We did our first test last night in the magic hour of 3  a.m. We will be testing tonight again -- same Bat time (3 a.m. in the eastern US). We can't wait until the 20th to go live, so it's really going to be any day now. We'll be mostly discussing the Blitz and how you can help. So excited!!

Here's the temp link:

http://50.7.76.254:8303/bellahaven

RoseGirl

Quote from: nbirnes on July 01, 2015, 03:57:46 PM
This is so exciting! We did our first test last night in the magic hour of 3  a.m. We will be testing tonight again -- same Bat time (3 a.m. in the eastern US). We can't wait until the 20th to go live, so it's really going to be any day now. We'll be mostly discussing the Blitz and how you can help. So excited!!

Here's the temp link:

http://50.7.76.254:8303/bellahaven

Testing again tonight? I am totally there! Such fun. Oh and Happy Canada Day, by the way.

oh and sorry for the Rosie avatar....I just found out that Dave logs on to this forum and suddenly felt the need to clean.

nbirnes

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 01, 2015, 04:26:18 PM
Testing again tonight? I am totally there! Such fun. Oh and Happy Canada Day, by the way.

oh and sorry for the Rosie avatar....I just found out that Dave logs on to this forum and suddenly felt the need to clean.

Happy Canada day! Testing again tonight, and then we'll know what's next. Do you think July 4 would be a good night to launch? Assuming all our ducks are in a row?

RoseGirl

Quote from: nbirnes on July 01, 2015, 04:37:03 PM
Happy Canada day! Testing again tonight, and then we'll know what's next. Do you think July 4 would be a good night to launch? Assuming all our ducks are in a row?

Yes....sounds perfect. Not too many listening maybe....all drunk and watching fireworks. So that may be good for our first kick at the can.

I'll be ready on Skype tonight too. Watch for me.

rosie

RoseGirl

Do we have the phone lines up yet? Perhaps there will be callers?

RoseGirl

k....just fiddling with some graphics. What do you think? Too prim?

onan

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 02, 2015, 02:35:04 PM
k....just fiddling with some graphics. What do you think? Too prim?

Those women look awfully heavy, don't you think?

nbirnes

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 02, 2015, 03:01:35 PM
Or maybe this....

Anyone awake? We're testing this number (215) 488-7374.

It's live at 4 am right now. Join Redacted and RoseGirl and nbirnes.

jazmunda

Quote from: nbirnes on July 03, 2015, 02:00:05 AM
Anyone awake? We're testing this number (215) 488-7374.

It's live at 4 am right now. Join Redacted and RoseGirl and nbirnes.

Damn it. Just saw this post now. Otherwise I would have drunk dialed you gals.