• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

Quote from: Étouffée on June 06, 2016, 01:12:18 AM
A lot of us are drawn to true crime stories; they are horrible, but they are human, and so they are possible in our lives, as opposed to stories of  Criptoids, Demons, and Aliens, which are remote and impossible, or at least less possible.

By chance I listened to Bryan Alvarez' After Dark Radio podcast tonight, where he  interviewed James Renner, the author of True Crime Addict: How I Lost Myself in the Mysterious Disappearance of Maura Murray. Although the interview was brief, the subject matter was intriguing, as the author "investigates" his own obsession with true crime, starting as an 11 year old kid trying to solve the disappearance of a neighbor girl. 

This would have been a great interview for Dave Schrader, or for Steve "Bateman" Warner, for that matter.

There are two podcast I think that deal with just the Murray disappearance. Its a whole side show, there were a couple of podcasters that received an anonymous tip of where to search. They told no one and checked into a local hotel, once their they received a death threat at the hotel and fled the town in terror.

albrecht

Did any caller mention Edward Edwards in the Adam Walsh case?

Juan

Quote from: albrecht on June 06, 2016, 07:06:44 PM
Did any caller mention Edward Edwards in the Adam Walsh case?
I don't believe so

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on June 07, 2016, 05:37:41 AM
I don't believe so
Yeah, I didn't hear it. Did like that good ol' Will from Madison got in but Schrader shut him down before he got too far into Finnish stuff. And, to his credit, he more was talking about his other pet issue of "Minnesota Nice" child prostitution rackets. Really he needs to be a guest for a full show. He has earned it over the decades of calling shows with his pet theories.

Glad Dave did an actual true crime/ stupid crimes on Tuesday on Darkness Radio. I know Dave has said they have a lot of problems with the computer equipment at their Premier studio,I'd suggest they put in a little bit of effort and print the stories they want to read on air, they way if their internet is slow, they can read the hard copy. I know they have interns that help them, seems like a good task for them.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 10, 2016, 03:49:58 AM
Glad Dave did an actual true crime/ stupid crimes on Tuesday on Darkness Radio. I know Dave has said they have a lot of problems with the computer equipment at their Premier studio,I'd suggest they put in a little bit of effort and print the stories they want to read on air, they way if their internet is slow, they can read the hard copy. I know they have interns that help them, seems like a good task for them.

They actually seemed more prepared than usual Tuesday night. So that was good. The last Hour had some I know a murderer too. Tuesday nights are the best nights to listen to Darkness radio in my opinion.

If you never want to eat fast food again Dave shared a story about his recent visit McDonalds on last Tuesday's show.

I wonder sense Schrader is a member here, if he'd ever consider doing an interview with MV as both Art and Noory have. I'd like to hear Schraders opinion on a lot of things, Tim too for that matter. I actually believe Schrader is a believer in somethings paranormal like ghost, Evps etc even if he can't explain them. I'd actually like to hear his thoughts on that in more detail.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 18, 2016, 09:25:48 AM
They actually seemed more prepared than usual Tuesday night. So that was good. The last Hour had some I know a murderer too. Tuesday nights are the best nights to listen to Darkness radio in my opinion.

If you never want to eat fast food again Dave shared a story about his recent visit McDonalds on last Tuesday's show.

I wonder sense Schrader is a member here, if he'd ever consider doing an interview with MV as both Art and Noory have. I'd like to hear Schraders opinion on a lot of things, Tim too for that matter. I actually believe Schrader is a believer in somethings paranormal like ghost, Evps etc even if he can't explain them. I'd actually like to hear his thoughts on that in more detail.

I like Tuesday nights fairly well but my favorite interviews are the true haunting interviews.  When he interviews people who are not ghost hunters or involved in that industry but just the normal everyday folks who are suddenly thrust into the paranormal like Bob Cranmer and his story of the haunting on Brownsville Road in Pittsburgh.  A guest that Dave can really sink his teeth into.

He's off for the next week to do some ghost hunting and touring Germany with fans of the show.  He'll call in every once in a while to chat.

He is a believer but has a healthy skepticism.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 18, 2016, 09:43:30 AM
I like Tuesday nights fairly well but my favorite interviews are the true haunting interviews.  When he interviews people who are not ghost hunters or involved in that industry but just the normal everyday folks who are suddenly thrust into the paranormal like Bob Cranmer and his story of the haunting on Brownsville Road in Pittsburgh.  A guest that Dave can really sink his teeth into.

He's off for the next week to do some ghost hunting and touring Germany with fans of the show.  He'll call in every once in a while to chat.

He is a believer but has a healthy skepticism.

Tim will host the show. In some ways he is better than Schrader, they are both decent radio host in my opinion.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 18, 2016, 09:54:11 AM
Tim will host the show. In some ways he is better than Schrader, they are both decent radio host in my opinion.

Yeah, Tim does an excellent job but I'll be pissed if Joe Who or Mark Anthony are on this week.  Too many psychics on the show sometimes.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 18, 2016, 01:22:18 PM
Yeah, Tim does an excellent job but I'll be pissed if Joe Who or Mark Anthony are on this week.  Too many psychics on the show sometimes.

I can pretty much promise you, that you will see one but probably both be on the show this week. When ever Dave or Tim takes time off, they have them on to fill time. The only thing that can really irk me about the show is all the New age angel stuff, Schrader is a believer in that stuff I think.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 18, 2016, 02:59:32 PM
I can pretty much promise you, that you will see one but probably both be on the show this week. When ever Dave or Tim takes time off, they have them on to fill time. The only thing that can really irk me about the show is all the New age angel stuff, Schrader is a believer in that stuff I think.
I called that. 3 hours of Dr. Who last night.  :-\

If you want to hear crazy, listen to the 6/30 darkness radio show. Fetzer is a PH.D. Lunatic, who graduated from Princeton. Allegedly a respected scientist and definite mad man. Fetzer is a Truther of the moon, Boston, sandy hook, Paul is dead, etc. Fetzer went off the rails, but unfortunately Schrader tossed him off the show. The guy was actually one of the best interviews I have heard in years. Exceedingly controversial and straight up angry. I hope Schrader has him back on, but after calling him a jack ass I doubt Fetzer would return.

I recall Art had on controversial guest like Turner Diaries Author Pierce. It makes for excellent radio.

zeebo

^^^ lol that sounds like a kick, will seek that out, thanks.

Schrader had an angioplasty this week. Expected to recover and be back on Darkness Monday.

Between Clyde Lewis, Art, and Schrader not good to be a paranormal host lately health wise.

Get better Darkness Dave.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 08, 2016, 07:38:33 PM
Schrader had an angioplasty this week. Expected to recover and be back on Darkness Monday.

Between Clyde Lewis, Art, and Schrader not good to be a paranormal host lately health wise.

Get better Darkness Dave.
Good wishes to Good Dave. 

Yeah,  he seems to have a bad ticker.  He had a pretty bad heart attack a number of years ago.  Of course it could just be diet issues.

Prayers and thoughts go out to him.

Nebraska888

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 10, 2016, 07:02:43 PM
Yeah,  he seems to have a bad ticker.  He had a pretty bad heart attack a number of years ago.  Of course it could just be diet issues.

Yes.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 10, 2016, 07:02:43 PM

Inhaling worm ridden McNuggets will do that yo you. Seriously, Schrader shared a story where he went to McDonalds and snarfed down some McNuggets to find out he had bit into a worm. Then the Mickey D's lady tried to give him some more worm nuggets.

At any rate glad the surgery went well. Tim does fine filling in, not to criticize Schrader but in my opinion Tim does a better job of directing the flow of an interview. I'm still enjoy listening to Schrader just wish Dave would let Tim do a few more shows. Dave is overworked as I have mentioned and even though he disagrees with me, having to get an angioplasty means maybe he should slow down a little.

JesusJuice

This fucking guest just keeps saying "booger" over and over.  Now he's got Dave saying it. This is just awful radio.

Quote from: JesusJuice on July 31, 2016, 12:28:30 AM
This fucking guest just keeps saying "booger" over and over.  Now he's got Dave saying it. This is just awful radio.

Dave's good but Bigfoot doesn't capture my imagination as much as hauntings and aliens.

JesusJuice

Instead of saying "bigfoot" the guest is calling them "boogers". The second guest joined and started calling them "boogers" so then Dave just joined in.  These are the guests that joined in the second hour. I turn them off after a half hour. This can't be real life.

zeebo

Yeah supposedly they even use "booger lights" to scare them away.  Learned something new tonite.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: JesusJuice on July 31, 2016, 01:41:24 AM
Instead of saying "bigfoot" the guest is calling them "boogers". The second guest joined and started calling them "boogers" so then Dave just joined in.  These are the guests that joined in the second hour. I turn them off after a half hour. This can't be real life.

Hard to believe the two guys could have been any worse than the woman who was the first hour guest. 

Taco Bell

Did anyone else catch Saturday nights episode of Ghost Adventures? Dave was on there as they investigated the Stardust Ranch. Was quite the blend of ghosts, demons, aliens and monsters. Started watching when I got home at 3 am, fell asleep. DVR'd it, gonna catch it later.

Dave on the radio, Dave on the tv, it was quite the Dave day.

AvDaBr

Quote from: JesusJuice on July 31, 2016, 01:41:24 AM

I believe the guest alluded to what I'm about to say.  In at least parts of the South the term "booger" used to be a common generic expression for any unsavory creature or entity.  I remember as a kid hearing "A booger's  gonna getcha!".  It was viewed I suppose as an effective deterrent to keep kids out of trouble.

Nebraska888

Great program last night!  Dave had me awake and listening.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Nebraska888 on August 07, 2016, 02:58:45 PM
Great program last night!  Dave had me awake and listening.

The woman whose son was kidnapped started to lose credibility for me as the show went on.  I'm not implying her son wasn't kidnapped, or that she was involved in any way in his disappearance, but she came across as a self promoter who made the whole sordid tale about her, not her son.  It just seemed she happened to come up with leads, tips, and informant information over the years at an appropriate time to keep the story in the news and herself in the limelight.  It also seemed she released these leads/tips/information just too late to be acted on.  This led her to espouse, with a few exceptions, everyone in her story was either crooked, incompetent, disinterested, or out to discredit/sabotage her; including her now ex-husband.  I tend to be skeptical about the "I'm the only one who knows what's really going on" types. 

She really lost me late in the interview when she almost casually mentioned her son had actually visited her one night several years after his disappearance, but then walked away into the night.  If that had been my kid, I'd have cold cocked or pepper sprayed him to keep him there if need be.  And then she kept this visit secret until she was on a witness stand in another case, telling the story only after being ordered to do so by a judge?  I have a tough time believing that part of the story.  In fact, after listening to her for the better part of four hours, I can honestly understand why local/state/federal law enforcement had misgivings about working with her.