Quote from: SpookyTim on May 03, 2018, 03:34:21 PM
I'm also good friends with Faye Musselman

Faye Musselman? Not THE Faye Musselman?

Who is Faye Musselman anyway?

Father Jack

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 03, 2018, 04:03:04 PM
Faye Musselman? Not THE Faye Musselman?

Who is Faye Musselman anyway?

She is an expert on the Borden case and has a website called "Tattered Fabric". Nice lady.

SpookyTim

Quote from: Father Jack on May 03, 2018, 03:58:50 PM
So Lee Ann and Donald will manage Maplecroft, or do I misunderstand?

They own it. Donald's son is going to be the live-in manager, but it's basically Lee-ann running the show, just like at the Second Street house.

SpookyTim

Quote from: Father Jack on May 03, 2018, 04:02:20 PM
Changed my avatar for your amusement.

If they ever make a proper Lizzie movie, Will Ferrell MUST play John Morse.

Father Jack

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 03, 2018, 04:22:26 PM
If they ever make a proper Lizzie movie, Will Ferrell MUST play John Morse.

Ha! He could go through John's complete horse car itinerary. And eat pears outside oblivious of all hell breaking loose.

Taco Bell

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 03, 2018, 03:46:59 PM
I'm not much of a hockey guy. I'm also a sports writer for the local paper, covering the Patriots. I'd say I'm a Celtics fan first, Patriots fan a very close second, and a mild Red Sox fan.

Didn't know you had other teams up there...

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 03, 2018, 03:57:50 PM
Half of our show is eating, and about snacks. It's ridiculous. #SENDA

Would you ever review homemade beef jerky varities?

SpookyTim

Would you ever review homemade beef jerky varities?

Does the Pope shit in the woods?

SpookyTim

About to go live with a paranormal investigation of the WBSM and Fun 107 studios for #NationalParanormalDay. Go to the Spooky Southcoast Facebook page to watch LIVE now at

http://www.facebook.com/spookysouthcoast

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 03, 2018, 07:29:13 PM
About to go live with a paranormal investigation of the WBSM and Fun 107 studios for #NationalParanormalDay. Go to the Spooky Southcoast Facebook page to watch LIVE now at

http://www.facebook.com/spookysouthcoast

I don't do the Facebook.  Good luck however.  Don't die or get possessed

paladin1991

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 02, 2018, 11:27:52 PM
I'm going to start a thread here to discuss Spooky Southcoast, so I don't have to keep obnoxiously putting myself over on other threads. Who listens or watches? Honest assessment? And what guests/topics would you like to hear/see?

Sorry amigo.  You are pretty new to me.  Looking fwd to listening/calling in tomorrow, though.

paladin1991

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 02, 2018, 11:58:11 PM
We air Saturday nights, 10 pm to midnight EST.
We have done over 530 shows, all available wherever you get podcasts, going back to 2006. Around 2010 or so, we added a video stream that has now turned into a weekly YouTube production. Check those out at

http://www.youtube.com/spookysouthcoast

We put up the whole show each week, as well as smaller short clips of some of the better parts.

Holy dogshit!  You are one high powered professional operation.   

paladin1991

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 03, 2018, 03:36:21 PM

Just be gentle, Bellgabbers.

We will.  We'll treat you like it's your very first time. 

Bart Ell

I'm going to start a thread here to discuss Spooky Southcoast, so I don't have to keep obnoxiously putting myself over on other threads. Who listens or watches? Honest assessment? And what guests/topics would you like to hear/see?

The neck tattoo guy is your Jimmy Chunga.

You seem like a good sport. I’ll check out the show, seriously. I’m not sure the name of the show is great to start with, “spooky” has conditations attaches. I know nothing about the show but I expect every show to be about ghost, going in.

SpookyTim

Quote from: nooryisawesome on May 04, 2018, 07:52:29 PM
You seem like a good sport. I’ll check out the show, seriously. I’m not sure the name of the show is great to start with, “spooky” has conditations attaches. I know nothing about the show but I expect every show to be about ghost, going in.

When we started the show, we thought we would only last about six months before they'd yank us off the station, and we named it something completely local because we had no idea where this whole "podcasting" thing could go. I had never really even listened to a podcast before we put out the recording of our first show. The first week alone, we got listeners in Australia, New Zealand and Japan and thought...oh shit...we should have picked a name with a little bit more reach to it.

SpookyTim

For those that missed it last night, here's the live broadcast replay of Spooky Southcoast with guest Thom Reed. The Bellgabbers were in strong form in the comments, so I've shared the actual live replay with real-time comments (the show itself starts 16 minutes in, we play music leading up to it that is submitted by our audience). You can catch the reaction to all my Bell Gab and Heather in-jokes as they happen...

https://youtu.be/Y4Ghi12et3g?t=16m

If you just want to see the show and don't care about the comments, you can watch that here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7uLNUT_k8I

If you prefer just an audio-only podcast version, that's been uploaded to our podcast feed and will hit sites such as player.fm and Stitcher very soon, if not already. iTunes can take up to a day to add a new episode, but almost every other podcast service has us relatively quickly.

I'll put this in the Spooky Southcoast thread, too, since that's where it actually belongs. But just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Freyja

Hey Tim, really enjoyed your show with Thom.

You are one who seems to be able to create "theater" of the mind" which makes for excellent talk radio, just the way I like it and similar to what Art did.

I will say though that I don't need to see/watch you live as much as you have on YT nor your guest on ...I find it very distracting and IMHO detracts   from the content and breadth of what is being discussed. Maybe just catch some stills and a few live clips during the broadcast vs what you show in this show. Too much studio...too bright...too many lights...to much movement.

I'd rather either picture you/seeing you in some comfortable, darker place having a conversation with your guest than seeing you in some bright lit studio which kills the mood for me....in other words, you need to stage yourself better on video...JMHO   

a is jump

Ok, after your relentless self-promotion in the Heather Wade thread, I subscribed on the Apple Podcasts app. It gave me the Weird Fresno episode as the most recent.

Overall, the show was a pretty good listen. Multiple co-hosts avoided the morning zoo-type atmosphere that can permeate less professional shows. I'll probably stay subscribed. I do have a little bit of critical feedback:

It seemed like maybe a transitional show? The first hour was mainly reflecting on what you wanted the show to be, which was fine as a new listener, because it almost set the expectations up front for how SS would function going forward. But then you did spend a fair amount of time shilling for the cruise after mentioning that you weren't going to spend as much time shilling for stuff like that, which was a little tiresome.

When the guest came on, his audio was really bad. Very quiet in volume compared to the hosts, which is a pet peeve of mine in radio. I had to crank the volume to understand him, and then all of the hosts' interjections were obnoxiously loud.

Like I said, though, the show was pretty good overall.

Lord Grantham

I'll give you a sub on Google Music, because why not.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 06, 2018, 10:42:16 AM

https://youtu.be/Y4Ghi12et3g?t=16m

If you just want to see the show and don't care about the comments, you can watch that here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7uLNUT_k8I

This was great  8)

SpookyTim

This week on Spooky Southcoast, we'll be joined by Brandon Massullo, author of "The Ghost Studies: New Perspectives on the Origins of Paranormal Experiences." We're going to go beyond the usual ideas of ghosts-as-dead-people and scary hauntings, and we will try to figure out why and how people are having so-called paranormal experiences...and what else they actually could be.

Brandon is a clinical therapist and parapsychologist residing in Northeast Ohio. While studying at the University of Edinburgh's Koestler Parapsychology Unit, he conducted research which centered on neurobiological correlates of ghostly encounters.

Find out more about Brandon at https://www.hauntedtheories.com/

Corona Kitty

Tim you look sort of like Ted DiBiase

Lilith

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 09, 2018, 03:21:28 PM
This week on Spooky Southcoast, we'll be joined by Brandon Massullo, author of "The Ghost Studies: New Perspectives on the Origins of Paranormal Experiences." We're going to go beyond the usual ideas of ghosts-as-dead-people and scary hauntings, and we will try to figure out why and how people are having so-called paranormal experiences...and what else they actually could be.

Brandon is a clinical therapist and parapsychologist residing in Northeast Ohio. While studying at the University of Edinburgh's Koestler Parapsychology Unit, he conducted research which centered on neurobiological correlates of ghostly encounters.

Find out more about Brandon at https://www.hauntedtheories.com/

Will you be live on youtube tonight Tim?  I forget what time.  Remind me Eastern?

Quote from: brig on May 12, 2018, 04:59:10 PM
Will you be live on youtube tonight Tim?  I forget what time.  Remind me Eastern?

10PM Eastern

a is jump

Is there an audio-only live stream of the show, or just youtube?

Quote from: brig on May 12, 2018, 04:59:10 PM

Brig!  You are not considering stepping out on Dietrich are you?