• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

YouTube Videos In Your Post

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 09:07:42 PM

MV/Liberace!

If you'd like to place a YouTube video in your post, it's easy.  Here are the steps.

1)  Go to the webpage where the video appears and copy the URL from the address bar of your browser.
2)  Paste the URL into your post.   That's it!  The system will automatically place your video for you with no tags, no BBCODE, no BS.  It works for most of the prominent video sites.  Cheers.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wQXDhnpS7oY

Now if you could only give us a tip on how to get that "Internet Money", we could save Canada.

EvB

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on July 14, 2008, 07:59:50 PM
Now if you could only give us a tip on how to get that "Internet Money", we could save Canada.

With their beady little eyes and flapping heads so full of lies?!

MV/Liberace!

MAY I FINISH!!  MAY I PLEASE FINISH!!

(Pause)

I'm finished.

Pragmier

What am I doing wrong -  youtube links are not showing up as videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTjNdJJiypo

onan

doesn't work for me either.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Pragmier on March 01, 2013, 08:59:27 AM
What am I doing wrong -  youtube links are not showing up as videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTjNdJJiypo

Youtube links show up for me in both Chrome and IE, but only the outside frame.  When I hit play the video section turns completely white.  The video shows up only if I switch it to "full-screen" mode.

MV/Liberace!

looks like youtube embedding is simply broken, and i don't know at the moment what to do to fix it.

the plugin responsible for this feature hasn't been updated since 2011, yet the forum software has gone through a couple of update revisions since then.  it's possible compatability between the two is getting shaky.

this forum software is going to be replaced with something new in a few months anyway.  with the new forum software, youtube video embedding will be a natively enabled feature rather than require a plugin for it to work.

i'll try and figure out what the problem is, but i guess for now, consider this feature gone.

MV/Liberace!

i've figured out what's wrong with embedded youtube videos on the forum.  make sure you remove the s in https when posting the video's url.  the s breaks it for whatever reason.

ziznak

something with encryption right?

Up All Night

When I tried to get a YT Video to appear in a post, I got this message:

Quote(Embedding disabled, limit reached)

What does that mean exactly ? ? ?

Also, for (only) the ballgab site, I cannot seem to cut and paste anything into my messages. What is up with that ? ? ?

stevesh

I haven't tried in a while, but I was also having trouble Copying and Pasting. Only thing that worked for me was to paste my content into the posting box before I added anything else. Typing text into the posting box seemed to turn the post into an <iframe> and you can't Paste into an <iframe>. Pasting at any time seems to work for me now, though.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Up All Night on October 27, 2013, 12:56:33 AM
When I tried to get a YT Video to appear in a post, I got this message:

What does that mean exactly ? ? ?

there is a limit on the number of videos that can be embedded on a single page. and the pasting issue... I've never experienced that. anyone else?

Chine

Quote from: MV on October 27, 2013, 10:50:04 AM
there is a limit on the number of videos that can be embedded on a single page. and the pasting issue... I've never experienced that. anyone else?

Yeah, I've had that message pop up a couple times while posting videos.

Up All Night

Quote from: stevesh on October 27, 2013, 08:40:25 AM
I haven't tried in a while, but I was also having trouble Copying and Pasting. Only thing that worked for me was to paste my content into the posting box before I added anything else. Typing text into the posting box seemed to turn the post into an <iframe> and you can't Paste into an <iframe>. Pasting at any time seems to work for me now, though.

I went to Profile Settings under Look and Layout and I Un-checked "Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default" and now I can cut and paste into the box with ease.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Up All Night on October 30, 2013, 12:16:39 AM
I went to Profile Settings under Look and Layout and I Un-checked "Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default" and now I can cut and paste into the box with ease.

thanks.

Up All Night

Quote from: MV on October 27, 2013, 10:50:04 AM
there is a limit on the number of videos that can be embedded on a single page.

I have noticed that when I go to my Profile Page / Summary / Show Posts,
that my posts shown on that page do show the YT video image.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Up All Night on October 31, 2013, 11:45:17 PM
I have noticed that when I go to my Profile Page / Summary / Show Posts,
that my posts shown on that page do show the YT video image.

i see no reason why they wouldn't display, although i'm curious as to whether the per page limit would apply.

MV/Liberace!

We have a new system in place for embedding YouTube videos.  It should work far more smoothly than any system we've had in place for this in the past.  To embed a YouTube video in your post, simply copy the video's URL from your address bar and paste it into the post.  That's it.  Don't use the YouTube embed code.  Just the URL from the address bar.  Also, this system doesn't care if it's http or https.  It works in either case.

Falkie2013

Quote from: MV on July 14, 2008, 09:10:03 PM
MAY I FINISH!!  MAY I PLEASE FINISH!!

(Pause)

I'm finished.

MV. You need to give me a call ASAP.
Urgent matter.

Looks like this is busted after today's woes.   

At least for me    :-[

WOTR

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 25, 2016, 08:11:24 PM

Nope... For me too.  It makes video replies a little less amusing when it just shows up as a link.  :'(

starrmtn001

Quote from: WOTR on May 25, 2016, 08:16:05 PM
Nope... For me too.  It makes video replies a little less amusing when it just shows up as a link.  :'(
Yep.   :'(

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 25, 2016, 08:11:24 PM

What happened?

JesusJuice

Tweets weren't getting embedded last night. They were showing up as invalid.