• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrity Deaths

Started by noodlehead.crucified.c2c, June 25, 2009, 05:28:29 PM

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 02, 2017, 06:33:26 PM

Erm.. You sure? The news came out today. The magazine will have gone to press at least three days ago, maybe longer. So if the news has been lifted, its been lifted from Rolling Stone. But that makes no sense if he's been admitted today, do they have a crystal ball?

It was on the Rolling Stone website not in the magazine. They got their news from CBS.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 02, 2017, 06:36:25 PM
It was on the Rolling Stone website not the magazine. They got their news from CBS.

So is he on a ventilator or not? If he is and he hasn't been breathing for some time before getting there, sadly his chances are very slim.  :(

Zetaspeak

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 02, 2017, 06:33:26 PM

Erm.. You sure? The news came out today. The magazine will have gone to press at least three days ago, maybe longer. So if the news has been lifted, its been lifted from Rolling Stone. But that makes no sense if he's been admitted today, do they have a crystal ball?

Is he going to be the first artist in history to actually benefit from a  post mortem record sales. Good for him stick it to the record record labels

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 02, 2017, 06:38:28 PM

So is he on a ventilator or not? If he is and he hasn't been breathing for some time before getting there, sadly his chances are very slim.  :(

No, he is off life support and it is very unlikely he will come back. You may not believe it, pud, but miracles do happen and I'm praying for one now.  It would be a heck of a story if one happened.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 02, 2017, 06:45:36 PM
No, he is off life support and it is very unlikely he will come back. You may not believe it, pud, but miracles do happen and I'm praying for one now.  It would be a heck of a story if one happened.

You need to get Hoagie on this, STAT!  ;)

Swishypants

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 02, 2017, 07:00:19 PM
You need to get Hoagie on this, STAT!  ;)

You need to choke on a Hoagie stat, Mama Cass!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on October 02, 2017, 07:10:07 PM
You need to choke on a Hoagie stat, Mama Cass!

I'm not interested in being your father figure, Casio. Now, run along and go play soldier.  :D

I saw Tom Petty twice. The first show was in 1977 at Winterland in San Francisco. I was 17 and it was one of my first concerts. The next time was many years later in Sacramento. The opening act was The Bind Boys from Alabama. Both shows were quite memorable and forever etched in my memory. Also, the box set mentioned previously is excellent and highly recommended.

comaphobe

Tom Petty's website is just now confirming his death tonight at 8:40pm PST

Swishypants

Quote from: comaphobe on October 02, 2017, 10:40:43 PM
Tom Petty's website is confirming his death as of 8:40pm PST

Rock N' Roll's most like-able guy! RIP! I watched his 1979 New Years Concert just this past weekend.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on October 02, 2017, 10:48:56 PM
Rock N' Roll's most like-able guy! RIP! I watched his 1979 New Years Concert just this past weekend.

Was that before or after you raped the hobos? Ooooh!  ;D

Swishypants

Loyal fans speak out: (From his FB Page)

Stacey Powells Heartbroken. He never knew that we had a connection....his Ex (Jane) Banged my ex back in the late 90's. I always wanted to laugh with him about that one day. So blessed to have been at his last show at the Bowl. So much love and prayers for his family and especially his M-60 machine gun that he took 60 of "the fuckers" out with before he passed on. Rock over London! Rock over Chicago! Rock n' roll Las Vegas!

Swishypants

LOL! They're high as fuck!

RIP, Tom.  Thanks for all the great music.  To be honest, I hope I go out with a heart attack rather than getting Alzheimer's or cancer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECJ6l38mf_A

Now go cut some music with Elvis and Cash now, Tom.

Swishypants

Tom Petty here! Thanks man! It really touches me that you've contacted me after I'm dead. I'm going to write you a letter!

Quote from: Swishypants on October 03, 2017, 12:55:20 AM
Tom Petty here! Thanks man! It really touches me that you've contacted me after I'm dead. I'm going to write you a letter!

Smart ass.  I believe he still exists on another plane.  This is not all there is so go fuck yourself.

Swishypants

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 03, 2017, 01:03:41 AM
Smart ass.  I believe he still exists on another plane.  This is not all there is so go fuck yourself.

You mean not a Lear Jet? What? Like a Bombadier? Dassault? Maybe! :)
You know why you feel bad about Toms' passing and don't give a shit about anyone else that died today? Because you only care about you! You didn't know him, just as you didn't know anyone else that died today, but he made you feel good with music, and that's what you feel a loss over. You're a very spiritual person! :)

Quote from: Swishypants on October 03, 2017, 01:23:10 AM
You mean not a Lear Jet? What? Like a Bombadier? Dassault? Maybe! :)
You know why you feel bad about Toms' passing and don't give a shit about anyone else that died today? Because you only care about you! You didn't know him, just as you didn't know anyone else that died today, but he made you feel good with music, and that's what you feel a loss over. You're a very spiritual person! :)

Georgenooryblows, no, my day started off badly as it did for most people waking up to find over 50 people and at least 200 wounded.  It just went downhill from there.

Swishypants

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 03, 2017, 01:29:26 AM
Georgenooryblows, no, my day started off badly as it did for most people waking up to find over 50 people and at least 200 wounded.  It just went downhill from there.

You didn't know a single one of them. 50 people die every second. What are you talkin' about froot-loop?

Hog

RIP Tom, thanks for all the good times, for all those years.

peace
Hog

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 03, 2017, 12:48:54 AM
RIP, Tom.  Thanks for all the great music.  To be honest, I hope I go out with a heart attack rather than getting Alzheimer's or cancer...

I just hope I can get free wifi on the other side so I can keep up with the Falkie thread and The Pud's fight to save humanity.

Swishypants

Quote from: Hog on October 03, 2017, 07:19:44 AM
RIP Tom, thanks for all the good times, for all those years.

peace
Hog

If you listen real close you can almost hear him saying: "I'm dead you stupid Canuck dweeb! Who the fuck are you talking to?"

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ItsOver on October 03, 2017, 08:13:51 AM
I just hope I can get free wifi on the other side so I can keep up with the Falkie thread and The Pud's fight to save humanity.

I'm a cynic, but its said; Scratch a cynic and underneath there's an idealist.

Swishypants

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 03, 2017, 08:38:02 AM
I'm a cynic, but its said; Scratch a cynic and underneath there's an idealist.

You're a poor Welshman that came to America on a tuna trawler and found a retarded American woman that had 20 dollars and cobb webs in her vagina. You're living the dream my friend!

paladin1991

Quote from: Swishypants on October 03, 2017, 08:30:16 AM
If you listen real close you can almost hear him saying: "I'm dead you stupid Canuck dweeb! Who the fuck are you talking to?"

You are really working hard to be a vicious little fuck, aren't you?

https://youtu.be/nU6rdS18nFA

paladin1991

Tom Petty.  Man, like a lot of you, his music is part of the soundtrack of my life.

GravitySucks

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 03, 2017, 11:30:43 AM
Tom Petty.  Man, like a lot of you, his music is part of the soundtrack of my life.

Pretty soon they will all be gone...

https://youtu.be/1o4s1KVJaVA

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Swishypants on October 03, 2017, 08:42:24 AM
You're a poor Welshman that came to America on a tuna trawler and found a retarded American woman that had 20 dollars and cobb webs in her vagina. You're living the dream my friend!

Okay, you've gone too far now! I'm a Yorkshireman, not a fucking Taff. Now, go and deep throat that shire horse you keep promising yourself.