• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on April 27, 2018, 08:18:54 PM
Art's tits will be even more glorious in the afterlife

DanTSX

Quote from: Richard Groyper on April 27, 2018, 08:15:31 PM
halfway through Art talks about the qualities of a good talk show host...

Does he quit before the other half?

Quote from: DanTSX on April 27, 2018, 08:27:18 PM
Does he quit before the other half?

well, no. however, the interview wasn't very long. that's probably why.

Sean92008

If I were Airyn, I would be careful with the name of Art Bell...  I would certainly put in writing to Heather Wade not to use his name in self-promotion.  Yeah, it's a resume piece but can be controlled for any "tours," "books" or "shows" that she may do in the future.

I like the bigfoot lady, sounds like she swallows...  Is this that last Art Bell repeat on MitD???  What a legacy.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 27, 2018, 10:27:22 PM
If I were Airyn, I would be careful with the name of Art Bell...  I would certainly put in writing to Heather Wade not to use his name in self-promotion.  Yeah, it's a resume piece but can be controlled for any "tours," "books" or "shows" that she may do in the future.

I like the bigfoot lady, sounds like she swallows...  Is this that last Art Bell repeat on MitD???  What a legacy.

Much better having that as a legacy than David Jacobs.

Sean92008

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 27, 2018, 10:28:42 PM
Much better having that as a legacy than David Jacobs.

Not familiar with that.  He's a "aliens are bad" guy, right?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 27, 2018, 11:10:03 PM
Not familiar with that.  He's a "aliens are bad" guy, right?

He was the last guest before Art quit. He is the one that does hypnosis and asks women to send them his underwear. Or some weird shit.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 27, 2018, 11:12:20 PM
He was the last guest before Art quit. He is the one that does hypnosis and asks women to send them his underwear. Or some weird shit.

I must have blocked that one out. It sounds like it might cause traumatic memory loss though. ???

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 27, 2018, 11:14:01 PM
I must have blocked that one out. It sounds like it might cause traumatic memory loss though. ???

He has been accused of implanting false memories. I read up a bunch and decided he was a bad dude but I don’t have instant recall of all the dirt right now. It got moved to secondary storage sometime in. The last 29 months.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 27, 2018, 10:27:22 PM
I like the bigfoot lady, sounds like she swallows

OMG, you nasty!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 27, 2018, 11:15:55 PM
He has been accused of implanting false memories. I read up a bunch and decided he was a bad dude but I don’t have instant recall of all the dirt right now. It got moved to secondary storage sometime in. The last 29 months.

There was someone called Emma Woods who came out with all these allegations. But, really, if people are having issues they ought to see a mental health expert, not some unaccredited random dude who claims to know hypnosis.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Morgus on April 27, 2018, 04:52:25 PM
Ah so, Art promised almost 20 years ago that after he died he would somehow prove there is life after death.
Will he communicate with someone somehow, maybe Whitley Streiber?
Someone should play that clip for Whitley...

The question is though - I detected a bit of a less than serious tone in his voice - and wondered whether he was being Art the radio personality, stirring minds for reaction before taking calls, or Art Bell, the man away from the mic. Its so hard to tell.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: El Chorro on April 27, 2018, 01:46:21 PM
A lot of women don't like their photos to be seen, for a variety of reasons. There are a lot of eye-closeup avatars on Facebook.

It doesn't keep them off Google searches though, unless they really have led off-the-grid lives.

That may be a stand-in "Heather" because the real one was embarrassed by her appearance. That's one of the possibilities. But I assume there are people out there who can vouch for that MITD pic looking at least something like the real Heather.

Read this yesterday, but responding now.

I think a lot of women are just self conscious about themselves. Ask a group of women how many pictures it takes for them to be okay with just ONE of them. 

Also, if she's estranged from her family, maybe she doesn't want them to know what she's up to, what she looks like these days, or just generally have any knowledge of her business.

Also, it's entirely possible that she had a stalker of her own at some point.  I used to work for a mom & pop deli. The owner wanted to have a commercial done, and I really wanted nothing to do with it.  First, I hate how I look in a video recording, but two, I had some nut from high school who kept calling my house, etc.  I didn't want to give him a reason to remember I existed.

Then again, chicks are just nuts that way.  At least a lot of us. ;)

AZZERAE

Quote from: Element 115 on April 27, 2018, 05:23:39 PM
This is awesome, thank you for this.  I remember it live but have not heard it since then!

You're welcome. I listened to this show way back when, then came across it once again, earlier this week. That line stuck in my mind, and I had to share it with y'all!

AZZERAE

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 27, 2018, 06:33:29 PM
First, you drop some acid...

Aldous, do you like Robert Crumb's comics? You may be familiar with him, being he was a prominent cartoonist in the hippie era. Well, he was really a reclusive fella...and one day, he took LSD and it kicked his artwork into hyper drive.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: HumanBeing on April 27, 2018, 03:48:56 AM
Thanks  :)
An absolute legend has departed. It has been a wild ride, and as the dust settles from the initial shock, the ripples of his passing are still being felt by many who adore talk radio and the paranormal talk genre.

thanks for the heads up on SpacedOutRadio.com  Last night's episode was about Art, but you have to listen to about 10 minutes talking about Wilford Brimley. LOL

AZZERAE

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 27, 2018, 11:15:55 PM

I don't know if Professor Jacobs would do that, I know him through someone and he seems a stand-up guy. Budd Hopkins on the other hand...Anne Strieber made claims on Dreamland that Hopkins had raped women after putting them under hypnosis.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Azzerae on April 28, 2018, 05:23:27 AM
I don't know if Professor Jacobs would do that, I know him through someone and he seems a stand-up guy. Budd Hopkins on the other hand...Anne Strieber made claims on Dreamland that Hopkins had raped women after putting them under hypnosis.
Bud and Jacobs were two peas in a creepy pod.

QuoteThe second punch, one I was not at all expecting, comes from Carol Rainey, the ex-wife of Budd Hopkins. Upon reading "Emma's" account, she jumped into the fray: "the trusting and vulnerable patient delivered up to Jacobs his hoped-for narrative of predatory hybrids among usâ€" exactly what he ordered for the book he was writing.  However, it’s anything but a typical abductee’s experience: violent sexual encounters with a human/alien hybrid; a request by the good Doctor (Ph.D. in history, non-medical) to send him her panties, unwashed, so they could be tested for alien sperm; and a proposal that she wear a chastity belt with nails across the vaginal opening, which he’d locate for her from (in Jacobs words) “a sex shop that specialized in bondage/dominance, a place that I frequented quite often.” "

http://badufos.blogspot.com/2011/01/abductology-implodes.html

grano salis

Quote from: Lord Grantham on April 28, 2018, 05:38:58 AM

"Bud and Jacobs were two peas in a creepy pod."

What about (the suspiciously departed by weird London pedestrian traffic accident)  Harvard professor John Mack?  Do you think that he had a pair of T E Lawrence's undergarments in his files?

AZZERAE

Quote from: Lord Grantham on April 28, 2018, 05:38:58 AM
Bud and Jacobs were two peas in a creepy pod.

http://badufos.blogspot.com/2011/01/abductology-implodes.html

Thanks. I still don't think Jacobs did anybody down though.

Sean92008

I know I heard that show, the guest was irrelevant.

Sean92008

Quote from: Richard Groyper on April 28, 2018, 10:01:08 AM
the new Art Bell:

https://youtu.be/UIIwZsT9HEU

This is incredibly boring. If it is meant to be a parody (it's bad enough, I'm not sure what their intended goal was), they obviously don't have any sort of comedic timing.  Oh well, I gave it a shot.

Nice to know we're still a target here in San Diego... They know that there is a housing shortage and want to help out their buddies, the Chinese, in getting some sweet deals on some primo properties.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Richard Groyper on April 28, 2018, 10:01:08 AM
the new Art Bell:

https://youtu.be/UIIwZsT9HEU

Less than a minute in and his first 'prediction' is bollox...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 28, 2018, 10:56:30 AM

You would know. You're the king of bollox! ;D

Quote from: Azzerae on April 28, 2018, 04:37:39 AM
The question is though - I detected a bit of a less than serious tone in his voice - and wondered whether he was being Art the radio personality, stirring minds for reaction before taking calls, or Art Bell, the man away from the mic. Its so hard to tell.

Azzerae, I LOVE the new avatar.

ge30542

Arts g carlin interview has just begun on U7.     FYI

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 28, 2018, 10:56:30 AM

Ira Cutler is the real deal, believe me.