• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ed Shoots! Ed Scores!

Started by EvB, August 23, 2008, 10:49:59 AM

EvB

Thank GAWD Ian did open lines Friday.  The guest was a clumsy a mush-mouth as Snores.  What a disaster that would have been.   

Now - I admit that the guest Philip J. Berg  http://www.obamacrimes.com/ may have some interesting things to say. Right or wrong, his suit will have an impact on the upcoming elections. HOWEVER - this guest was a mess.  Marbles-in-mouth, ill-prepared, vague to the point of meaninglessness at times, and just as I was starting to think "holy crap - it's a George Clone" Ed, West of the Rockies, calls in and says exactly what was on my mind.  Ian seemed to agree.

Listen to a quick clip here:  https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&send_id=599935895&email=c1f470b2b143c167178514bd8100fbcf

Like any quick clip - it's out on context - so not completely fair - still, DAMN!

Here is what Obama's camp is saying: http://my.barackobama.com/page/invite/birthcert

Spikegirl

Quote from: EvB on August 23, 2008, 10:49:59 AM
Thank GAWD Ian did open lines Friday.  The guest was a clumsy a mush-mouth as Snores.  What a disaster that would have been.   

Now - I admit that the guest Philip J. Berg  http://www.obamacrimes.com/ may have some interesting things to say. Right or wrong, his suit will have an impact on the upcoming elections. HOWEVER - this guest was a mess.  Marbles-in-mouth, ill-prepared, vague to the point of meaninglessness at times, and just as I was starting to think "holy crap - it's a George Clone" Ed, West of the Rockies, calls in and says exactly what was on my mind.  Ian seemed to agree.

Listen to a quick clip here:  https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&send_id=599935895&email=c1f470b2b143c167178514bd8100fbcf

Like any quick clip - it's out on context - so not completely fair - still, DAMN!

Here is what Obama's camp is saying: http://my.barackobama.com/page/invite/birthcert

McCain wasn't even born in America. He was born in Panama, from what I understand. Just because he was born on a base, does not make it "America". If I give birth at the French Embassy, can I apply for French citizenship for my child?

EvB

Quote from: Spikegirl on August 23, 2008, 11:47:58 AM
McCain wasn't even born in America. He was born in Panama, from what I understand. Just because he was born on a base, does not make it "America". If I give birth at the French Embassy, can I apply for French citizenship for my child?

As I understand it, a child born on a US military base to US parents is considered a US citizen by birth.  As for the French Embassy, that would be a matter of French law. I don't mean to sound cranky - I jut think this whole "where was he really born and whose citizen is he" la=la on both sides is a major can of worms - potentially, (if you'll forgive my little tin-foil hat) leading to "Ah-nold for President." 

Should we re-amend our continuation re: US BORN citizens only as President?  Maybe - dunno - I just hate seeing these issue address in side-slant ways. It muddies everything up.

Spikegirl

Obama was born in Hawaii, an actual Ameican state. It had only been a state for 2 years, but it was a state. End of story. And, I agree with you, Ev. It's just that when people start throwing stones, I like to point out that they live in glass houses. WHERE they were born is not as important as what they will do for and TO this country AS WELL AS THE REST OF THE WORLD. We don't realize how influential the office of President is and think it's like a sporting event. My team against yours-let's see who wins. What many don't realize is that while Obama is certainly no savior, McCain is a dangerous man. He is clueless and hot tempered. Excellent qualifications for a diva, but not for Prez of America.

Frys Girl

I can't help myself. I have to say something about this topic. I truly wish that Mccain had won in 2000. I think that election was his, not Bush's. McCain HAS changed way too drastically for me to trust him. He used to be a politician who advocated balance and honesty. That's gone out of the window. His time has come and gone.

While I think what Bush did to him in 2000 (esp. running ads that his Indian adopted daughter was a black illegitimate child) was pretty fucked up, it is time to move on and give this up. He has become so desperate even Limbaugh won't vouch for him.

I dont know what will happen with Obama. He's a bit sketchy too of late. Not because of where he exited the womb. I could care less about that. But he is pretty much the same news to me. Some of the back peddling has been a slap in the face.

Yeah, McCain used to hold the "political maverick" title. Now he's just another straussian neo-con.

Obama, on the other hand, is far too left for me...no matter where he was born. I like his pick of Biden, but I'm still uneasy about the man himself. His past is way too shady, he's way inexperienced, he can't even get the details of his schooling or languages correct, and he's probably not even eligible for the office anyways constitutionally...although, I doubt they'll make a fuss about it because of McCain and Panama.

I voted for Ron Paul in the primaries. Well, actually, that's a lie. I WANTED to vote for Paul in the primaries, but, we had a caucus here, and unfortunately I didn't re-register as an indie or republican quickly enough...not to mention it was a fucking caucus. It wouldn't have made a difference anyways.

Mu current view on this election = "We're Fucked '08".

Loui Zoot

Two parties is no choice, and it is only two parties. No matter how many other parties there are, they always call them third party. It's a lot like professional wrestling, a big melodrama to distract us from them taking our money, and more recently out freedom.

It's strange how many other countries are becoming more "American", while we are actually moving so far away from the founding fathers ideal American.

I hate politicians, they are bad people, they are corrupt, they are liars, they are all related, they are in bed with each other, the only people they care about are themselves, they are destroying this country, and finally they are lawyers. Did I remember to say I hate politicians?

I think the people running the government should be selected in the same manner that juries are selected, and once their term is up, they go home, and are never eligible again. Politician should have never been a career. A properly built government, rarely needs change, regardless of how good it sounds to the voters. Change is for technology, not for governments. Governments need no more than very small course corrections every decade or so.

There is my rant, I better go check my blood pressure now.

Spikegirl

As long as we're waxing political...

Spikegirl

I used to have the same picture with Noory's face on it, but it disappeared from the site I got it from.

Spikegirl

You got an on the money for that! Thanks Ev!

Frys Girl

Politicians aren't ruining this country. For that, we must go to our American roots of genius - F. Scott Fitzgerald. (A drunk, yes. A genius still!!) Money is what is breaking this country. When Bear Stearnes collapsed, I couldn't help but laugh. Some of the women here who go to the gym where I workout stood in front of televisions hugging each other. These gamblers, for that is what stock/stock markets are, thought they could get away with making money by lying, stealing and making promises. While I love the United States dearly, I think this was a good lesson. The morons and the greedy people won't figure it out, but Fitzgerald was right. Money will end anyone, even a well-meaning person like Jay Gatsby!

As long as politicians go to the money, they won't be serving this country. Honestly, America is making the Arab Emirates and Saudis richer than anyone here in the USA. Everyone is going abroad to do business and even buy real estate. So so sad. I want it to be the 80's again.... this shouldn't be happening to America. As an immigrant, and the child of immigrants, it's really sad to see the native land winning over the good old USA.

MV/Liberace!

people are going abroad to do business because this country is unfriendly to business, particularly in comparison to our global counterparts.  it's not as profitable to do business here as it needs to be.  also, the burgeoning 3rd world economies around the world are stuffed with people who want to work in factories for $1000 per year so their bosses (some of whom are american) can sell garbage in walmart.

my wife and i are good examples of what's happening.  the moroccan economy is BOOMING at a rate of about 6.5% annual growth.  we plan to save our pennies for a few years and then move back to morocco to buy a house and start a business.  i would never consider a brick and mortar business in the usa.  the american people are are too taxed, too litigious, and too eager to see the government take from those who have more.  how has your personal life EVER been enhanced because some rich guy got fucked by the government?  it hasn't.

barack obama can go to hell and take his fucking presidential campaign with him.  he is NOT change, nor is he the solution to the problem.  he is an ultra leftist business hater who wants to impose egregious, confiscatory tax burdens on those who make "too much" money.  he admitted he is unaware his proposal to double capital gains taxes would affect over 50% of americans.  he is uninformed, naive, poorly educated, surrounded by leftist radicals, and unable to speak coherently without a teleprompter.  please cite for me ONE of obama's political positions that haven't been proposed by leftists in this country for 60 years.  he is nothing new, people.  same old story.

some of you who read my comments on obama will naturally conclude i must be a mccain supporter.  please don't insult me.

Loui Zoot

If you tax rich people too much, they have to fire employees. Poor people rarely have employees, they just loose their jobs. Less jobs means less income, less income equals less taxes. Less gross national product. More taxes hurt everyone. Except the few who manage to scam the government, but there will be less for them to scam. The government needs to learn how to use what it already has more effectively, it's so damn wasteful. You can ask almost any sector that gets some type of government funding what happens when they don't spend every dime they are issued. They get less money, yet if they spend all of their money they will the same or even more money the next time around, even if they wasted the money, as long as they wasted it all.

The majority of business is not evil, regardless of how many people believe and say so. The two richest Americans have given away so much, Bill Gates is responsible for so many jobs, directly and indirectly. Rich people create jobs, at least the ones that created large fortunes, versus those who inherit, and even some of those create more wealth and jobs, less so though. I'm not rich, I'm not even financially secure, but I can easily see the needed value of rich people. I've never taken government money, no matter how badly I could have used it. I've both worked for myself and for others, neither one has made me successful yet. I sure don't put any blame on the rich for not being where I want to be. You just keep trying, until you get where you want to go.

A lot of people claim about jobs being stolen from them, the truth is, a lot of those stolen jobs simply would cease to exist for anyone if they didn't leave American soil. Unions have helped price some Americans right out of being an economically viable choice as an employee.

Frys Girl

*sigh* This is depressing. Fucking depressing. People like Michael are leaving the USA. George Noory hosts the only good show on radio (except Big O and Dukes - check 'em out on iTunes). My uncle, a lawyer, is being sued by a fellow lawyer. This country, what is left for it? All I have faith in is Axl Rose releasing the new GNR album, and that's stretching it a bit. P.S. Obama sucks too, but he would probably host Coast to Coast better than Snoory.

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 24, 2008, 06:42:52 AM
All I have faith in is Axl Rose releasing the new GNR album
wow. You know that joke that by the time Chinese Democracy is released China will actually be a democracy? I don't think it's a joke anymore.

Loui Zoot

I think there is still hope for America. My hope is that when America finally drifts too far away from being a free society, that some of the countries in which America helped bring freedom to, will come in and bring freedom back to America. Perhaps I'm being too unrealistic, but nonetheless it is something that brings me comfort. I see our country drifting towards a more communist style of government. This is our country, do we really need the government to tell us how to live our lives? Suggestions are one thing, but when they start passing intrusive laws, that's going too far. Some say the only true security is through freedom. I tend to agree.

Frys Girl

LOUI my problem with the REpublicans is the fringe base - the evangelicals. They are taking away freedoms too. I hate guns and I hate abortion, but I think they should be legal. Why? FREEDOM. Republicans aren't a guaranteee of freedom either.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Art is the Best on August 26, 2008, 08:31:50 PM
wow. You know that joke that by the time Chinese Democracy is released China will actually be a democracy? I don't think it's a joke anymore.
I've already heard it. I will always stand by Axl Rose. He is amazing and no one can top him. Haters, take a seat at the door. I ain't got time for ya'll. Axl Rose does not deserve half the hate he gets.