• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

WOTR

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 05, 2019, 07:38:31 PM
I kind of want to blame the Jews --
...And it was when I got to that line that I burst out laughing.

*Thanks. 

WOTR

For "random, stupid things" I'm going to quote a newspaper article from a few days ago informing the public that cigarettes in Canada will soon be available only in "plain packaging" black and white boxes with only the brand name put in predetermined font and an approved size.

I can quote the article word for word, because it was so stupid I snapped a picture after I stopped laughing.

"it is the contention of Health Canada, and the vast anti-smoking contingent that youth on the cusp of taking up smoking are swayed by the colour and the razzle dazzle of packaging that includes logos and beveled edges."

This sounds like the delusional ravings of an 85 year old cat lady who has convinced herself that the beveled edges and "razzle dazzle" packaging of cigarettes are to blame for the youth she sees lighting up. I can just see a conversation she would have with that young whipper-snapper who, between drags on the cancer stick, would tell her, "if not for the beveled edges, I would never have taken up the habit."  ::)

*I want to know who many tens of thousands of people in my city read that article and did not bat an eye and just accepted that youth take up smoking because of the colours on the cigarette packaging because a newspaper printed it and Heath Canada formulated the thought. Must be true.

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on May 07, 2019, 12:39:25 AM
For "random, stupid things" I'm going to quote a newspaper article from a few days ago informing the public that cigarettes in Canada will soon be available only in "plain packaging" black and white boxes with only the brand name put in predetermined font and an approved size.

I can quote the article word for word, because it was so stupid I snapped a picture after I stopped laughing.

"it is the contention of Health Canada, and the vast anti-smoking contingent that youth on the cusp of taking up smoking are swayed by the colour and the razzle dazzle of packaging that includes logos and beveled edges."

This sounds like the delusional ravings of an 85 year old cat lady who has convinced herself that the beveled edges and "razzle dazzle" packaging of cigarettes are to blame for the youth she sees lighting up. I can just see a conversation she would have with that young whipper-snapper who, between drags on the cancer stick, would tell her, "if not for the beveled edges, I would never have taken up the habit."  ::)

*I want to know who many tens of thousands of people in my city read that article and did not bat an eye and just accepted that youth take up smoking because of the colours on the cigarette packaging because a newspaper printed it and Heath Canada formulated the thought. Must be true.
1) Aren't the kids these daze vaping, not smoking traditional cigarettes? Tobacco as well as weed etc? Will this policy apply for tobacco products used by hockey players and those coyboys in Alberta etc like Copenhagen or Skoal?

2) "razzle dazzle?" Classic. As if The Great White North can't sound more white and square, to use an old term.

WOTR

Quote from: albrecht on May 07, 2019, 10:17:54 AM
1) Aren't the kids these daze vaping, not smoking traditional cigarettes? Tobacco as well as weed etc? Will this policy apply for tobacco products used by hockey players and those coyboys in Alberta etc like Copenhagen or Skoal?

2) "razzle dazzle?" Classic. As if The Great White North can't sound more white and square, to use an old term.

1) What better reason to worry about beveled edges on cigarette packaging than when everybody is moving on already. Nothing says "government" like useless, pointless regulation.

2) "Razzle dazzle" is as hip as Richard Gere and musicals. Get with the times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW3MIixEps4

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on May 07, 2019, 10:17:54 AM

There might be something to this, though, because researchers have found that babies won't eat any food that's blue.  Unless it is from a candy wrapper, lol.  Evidently packaging is power.

Vaping seems to be the Dr. Pepper of soda pop.  Not sure why.  At level 3 (not 5), it's a lot healthier than cigarettes.  But at level 5, experts say toxins are ingested.

Kidnostad3

Okay, I've got to get this off my chest.  I'm sitting here eating lunch at my favorite greasy spoon when in walks a rather short, slightly built, totally bald African American man with a grey goatee who's wearing a white mini dress cinched at the waist with a wide black patent leather belt.  He's accompanied by a sixty something, conventionally dressed straight looking white dude who has to be 6'3-4."  This is a no shitter.  There's no way I can snap a photo without being obvious.

I know, right--who wears white before Memorial Day? 

WOTR

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on May 09, 2019, 11:24:46 AM
Okay, I've got to get this off my chest.  I'm sitting here eating lunch at my favorite greasy spoon when in walks a rather short, slightly built, totally bald African American man with a grey goatee who's wearing a white mini dress cinched at the waist with a wide black patent leather belt.  He's accompanied by a sixty something, conventionally dressed straight looking white dude who has to be 6'3-4."  This is a no shitter.  There's no way I can snap a photo without being obvious.

I know, right--who wears white before Memorial Day?
Heels, or no heels? I don't think that heels would be completely necessary to pull off the look you described.

WOTR

I had to stop laughing long enough to post this.
"Google CEO takes a jab at Apple's security pitch: 'Privacy cannot be a luxury good"
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/08/google-ceo-says-privacy-cannot-be-a-luxury-good.html

I'm sorry- but if anything Google is concerned that the rich who are not purchasing their products are not giving them enough personal information to monetize.

albrecht

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on May 09, 2019, 11:19:46 PM
Need a laugh ?

http://www.factfiend.com/time-elvis-dick-almost-caused-riot/
and
http://www.factfiend.com/theres-probably-picture-princess-leias-breasts-somewhere/

;D
Blaspheme is not ALLOWED in this forum! Or ANY WHERE!! Comments deemed contrary to The King is haram. And same to Graceland and any assorted marketing products. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb0Jmy-JYbA
Fuck, who can't say this guy not the best ever? 

Kidnostad3

Quote from: WOTR on May 09, 2019, 11:11:43 PM
Heels, or no heels? I don't think that heels would be completely necessary to pull off the look you described.

I actually didn't notice his footwear. 

That one legged Polish broad on The Sopranos is oddly sexy. I bet she can wrench a dick like a monkey opens a banana.

Heavy Metal...     

HEY MuTHA FUCKER  >>>    JUST BANG YOUR HEAD ! ! ! !    Me4ntal Health is OVER-RATED....     Under rated ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_1ruZWJigo

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 06, 2019, 01:12:28 PM
:-*
I can't imagine being a nutmeg seller is a very lucrative trade, one lasts forever and I can't remember the last time I bought any. Fun fact, in soccer when someone puts the ball through an opponent's legs it's called a nutmeg, no idea why.
Heads up...
Nutmeg is Shit  - Go for Lavender Chives, and Garlic - -   You'll never get sick.
(NOTE: If you're stupid enough to actually let someone inject you with a slow death (Vaccination) , Then you deserve what you get.,

99.7% of all people that died in 1917 from the Spanish flue - died because they got vaccinated.

For those that are a bit  dense - - The God-Damned Vacinnations,  KILLED THEM    THE SPANISH FLU EPIDEMIC WAS GENETICALLY  ENGINEEREED ! !

Want more info ?

PM     :-* nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 12, 2019, 04:43:16 PM
I think i want one even tho it's powered by BMW  :-\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYFz-mQuGtM

Why would a Beemer engine put you off? Unless it's from a Mini they're pretty well engineered.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 12, 2019, 04:50:31 PM
Why would a Beemer engine put you off? Unless it's from a Mini they're pretty well engineered.

It's not a glorious 2JZ made in Nippon

Kidnostad3

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on May 12, 2019, 12:14:48 AM
Heads up...
Nutmeg is Shit  - Go for Lavender Chives, and Garlic - -   You'll never get sick.
(NOTE: If you're stupid enough to actually let someone inject you with a slow death (Vaccination) , Then you deserve what you get.,

99.7% of all people that died in 1917 from the Spanish flue - died because they got vaccinated.

For those that are a bit  dense - - The God-Damned Vacinnations,  KILLED THEM    THE SPANISH FLU EPIDEMIC WAS GENETICALLY  ENGINEEREED ! !

Want more info ?

PM     :-* nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Total Horse Shit!   

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 12, 2019, 05:15:09 PM

Ick.  What you want my cartoon friend is a Mopar Hellephant.   1000 Horse of Hemi Push Rod Power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuyK2uWpBbg

albrecht

Interesting technological development BUT still things like "only 15 years and then be deported?" WTF. And "life" means 25 years?  And, like here, it would seem that the "plea bargain" is the real goal of the legal system there due to the volume of cases, costs, and potential damage to victims with regard to testimony etc. I understand the system, and not sure what is better, but "plea bargaining" is not good, in cases of real guilty get off with less punishment and those not often might "plead out" because of the risk of a harsher sentence and the inequality of their positions, unless rich (the Crown or the State has unlimited funds vs a suspect.) But interesting. 

https://youtu.be/Qjqa8oTikP8 

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 12, 2019, 09:06:27 PM
Ick.  What you want my cartoon friend is a Mopar Hellephant.   1000 Horse of Hemi Push Rod Power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuyK2uWpBbg

Boost is the replacement for displacement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0nL7xJi7T0

WOTR

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 12, 2019, 04:43:16 PM
I think i want one even tho it's powered by BMW  :-\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYFz-mQuGtM
Gee... Look... Another car that has lost it's manual transmission.  :(

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on May 12, 2019, 11:43:00 PM
Gee... Look... Another car that has lost it's manual transmission.  :(
My old man theory is that everyone should be trained to drive a standard transmission and teen drivers should be forced to use them. It makes you pay more attention to the road. And cool things to impress the chicks like shifting without clutch by timing, burn outs etc- and the ability to sneak car out and start after hours to meet up with said gals....

WOTR

Quote from: albrecht on May 12, 2019, 11:50:38 PM
My old man theory is that everyone should be trained to drive a standard transmission and teen drivers should be forced to use them. It makes you pay more attention to the road. And cool things to impress the chicks like shifting without clutch by timing, burn outs etc- and the ability to sneak car out and start after hours to meet up with said gals....
I completely understand that the new automatics are slightly faster than manuals- and that they can now even be slightly more fuel efficient. But there is something to be said for a little heel-toe action entering a corner and timing your shifts...

I do believe it does help you to be more "in tune" with your car and that it improves the driving experience.

*at 10:40 where he is trying to convince us that he is completely independent- it falls a little flat... "I don't have a formal relationship with Toyota, and I have no reason to be nice to Toyota... Toyota has never done anything for me..."

So, I'm now supposed to forget that they just paid your airfare, your hotel, let you test drive their new car despite you not being an automotive journalist and just and idiot youtubber, and paid for your track time? I'm supposed to believe that you are not angling to be invited to Japan for the launch of the next car? I'm really supposed to be so stupid as to forget that Toyota just bought and paid for you and your review?

WOTR

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 12, 2019, 04:50:31 PM
I owned one. Shittiest car to roll off the assembly line and the most expensive and unreliable POS to ever leak oil in my driveway.

WOTR

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 12, 2019, 05:15:09 PM

What do you have against the L3-VDT that you fail to mention it?  >:(

*I should be clear- I have nothing against Totota... But I require AWD.

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on May 13, 2019, 12:02:36 AM
I completely understand that the new automatics are slightly faster than manuals- and that they can now even be slightly more fuel efficient. But there is something to be said for a little heel-toe action entering a corner and timing your shifts...

I do believe it does help you to be more "in tune" with your car and that it improves the driving experience.

*at 10:40 where he is trying to convince us that he is completely independent- it falls a little flat... "I don't have a formal relationship with Toyota, and I have no reason to be nice to Toyota... Toyota has never done anything for me..."

So, I'm now supposed to forget that they just paid your airfare, your hotel, let you test drive their new car despite you not being an automotive journalist and just and idiot youtubber, and paid for your track time? I'm supposed to believe that you are not angling to be invited to Japan for the launch of the next car? I'm really supposed to be so stupid as to forget that Toyota just bought and paid for you and your review?
Oddly I was in LA a few weeks ago and midweek there was some car driving on Topangda Canyon Rd (sp?) on the way to Malibu from the Valley that was all blacked-out and shielded like the test or new model cars. Couldn't tell what brand but weird to see. Not sure if/why there was testing or mfg facility around there? Road good one because winding and scenic and mid-week, mid-day not much traffic. But still highly populated area so a bit strange for testing, I thought.