• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dogman Shot?

Started by albrecht, May 24, 2018, 08:00:26 PM

albrecht

Dire Wolf, Dogman, Werewolf (I guess not because don't they turn back into a man,) mutated wolf, large chupacabra, malnourished bear, weird hybrid?

https://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/news/2018/05/24/wolf-dog-dogman-some-mysterious-creature-montanans-look-answers/634379002/

chefist

Just was reading this...wow...interested in what the DNA says...looks canine to me, especially the paw.

K_Dubb

Quote from: chefist on May 24, 2018, 08:11:34 PM
Just was reading this...wow...interested in what the DNA says...looks canine to me, especially the paw.

Yeah I think you are right.  Wolves come in brown.

Actually in Montana:

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 24, 2018, 09:02:11 PM
Yeah I think you are right.  Wolves come in brown.

Actually in Montana:

Maybe thing shot was a Ulfhegnar? (Spelling, on phone so no foreign characters

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on May 24, 2018, 09:26:16 PM

Maybe thing shot was a Ulfhegnar? (Spelling, on phone so no foreign characters

Haha yeah the eth and thorn really need to be on the main menu.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 24, 2018, 09:33:30 PM
Haha yeah the eth and thorn really need to be on the main menu.
I'll bet there is some runic keyboard app I could download even. Ha. That wolf thing is weird. Apparently not fake? Reminds me also of one of the saga myth's wolves.  Sorta paranormal wolf.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on May 24, 2018, 09:42:18 PM
I'll bet there is some runic keyboard app I could download even. Ha. That wolf thing is weird. Apparently not fake? Reminds me also of one of the saga myth's wolves.  Sorta paranormal wolf.

Sure looks like a real animal, with doggy paws rather than bear.  The funniest thing to me is how the article describes it:

QuoteWith long grayish fur, a large head and an extended snout, the animal shared many of the same characteristics as a wolf; but its ears were too large, it's legs and body too short, its fur uncharacteristic of that common to a wolf.

To me the ears in the first pic look too small, the legs too long, and the fur is not grayish at all.  WTH were they looking at?

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 24, 2018, 10:13:56 PM
Sure looks like a real animal, with doggy paws rather than bear.  The funniest thing to me is how the article describes it:

To me the ears in the first pic look too small, the legs too long, and the fur is not grayish at all.  WTH were they looking at?
High Strangeness, indeed. Or bots reporting making 'news reports.' I want LHM on this and the weird richter signal on the 'boom' thread!

Quote from: albrecht on May 24, 2018, 08:00:26 PM
Dire Wolf, Dogman, Werewolf (I guess not because don't they turn back into a man,) mutated wolf, large chupacabra, malnourished bear, weird hybrid?

https://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/news/2018/05/24/wolf-dog-dogman-some-mysterious-creature-montanans-look-answers/634379002/

========================================================================
'Allo!
With you yet am i.
PICTURE WRONG?PHOTO_SHOP?
Anny-hoo,i bet,yuvenile "Ringdocus"(q.V.)
spelling close,do an not-gurgle search in cryptid sites..
seen in yellowstone,1880's,one shot,stuffed,now found few years ago.
Another,upper peninsula Mich,"Fluffy"road-kill,dna possible.
Extinct hyenoid from ice age?
"B_B"
PS:No Logo:
"][ 7VF ]["

albrecht

Quote from: Beelzebubbelah on May 25, 2018, 12:17:54 AM
========================================================================
'Allo!
With you yet am i.
PICTURE WRONG?PHOTO_SHOP?
Anny-hoo,i bet,yuvenile "Ringdocus"(q.V.)
spelling close,do an not-gurgle search in cryptid sites..
seen in yellowstone,1880's,one shot,stuffed,now found few years ago.
Another,upper peninsula Mich,"Fluffy"road-kill,dna possible.
Extinct hyenoid from ice age?
"B_B"
PS:No Logo:
"][ 7VF ]["
Intriguing theory. Also if they managed to find the body some years ago why no update on DNA testing or creature identification yet? "Red tape" is the excuse.

https://cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/dna-sw/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringdocus

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on May 24, 2018, 10:52:04 PM
High Strangeness, indeed. Or bots reporting making 'news reports.' I want LHM on this and the weird richter signal on the 'boom' thread!
She has to be salivating over this one.  If only it had been mutilated and freshly cored.

whoozit

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 24, 2018, 10:13:56 PM
The one walking by the tailgate.

albrecht

Quote from: BobGrau on May 28, 2018, 06:16:04 AM
High five!
Why do you have a pin about shooting a bear?!?!
There are no more bears in my country.
Because you probably shot them all!!!
I am against shooting of the fox.
Well you should be I love animals.
Now in my country Kazakstan we like shoot dog. High-five!

It looks a lot like the kind of big mongrel dog ranchers keep around.
Quote from: albrecht on May 25, 2018, 06:17:36 PM
Press Release by the Montana FWP:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10QwED3mQvRhJnM8isk6Vmjq1D6Snzynz/view

BobGrau

Quote from: albrecht on May 28, 2018, 06:40:45 PM
Why do you have a pin about shooting a bear?!?!
There are no more bears in my country.
Because you probably shot them all!!!
I am against shooting of the fox.
Well you should be I love animals.
Now in my country Kazakstan we like shoot dog. High-five!

Thought you were serious for a minute there...

The thing that scares me most about bears is that they must be covered in ticks.

albrecht

Quote from: BobGrau on May 29, 2018, 02:38:19 PM
Thought you were serious for a minute there...

The thing that scares me most about bears is that they must be covered in ticks.
Ha. You are right that there is more rationally to be feared from things like ticks and mosquitoes but still bears are scary because they are big and darn fast for their size. The mixing of domestic dogs, coyotes, and wolves is also troubling because, depending on the mix, you get animals that are clever, pack-orientated, of large size that is comfortable around humans and doesn't have fear like coyotes or wolves would naturally have.

BobGrau

Quote from: albrecht on May 29, 2018, 05:42:38 PM
Ha. You are right that there is more rationally to be feared from things like ticks and mosquitoes but still bears are scary because they are big and darn fast for their size. The mixing of domestic dogs, coyotes, and wolves is also troubling because, depending on the mix, you get animals that are clever, pack-orientated, of large size that is comfortable around humans and doesn't have fear like coyotes or wolves would naturally have.

Oh, don't get me wrong, bears freak me out so much I don't think I could sleep on a continent. I just really hate ticks.

Along the lines of dog-like oddities, I've seen three Coyotes here in the Raleigh area in the past two weeks. 

Not something I would have expected to see!

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 29, 2018, 06:08:31 PM
Along the lines of dog-like oddities, I've seen three Coyotes here in the Raleigh area in the past two weeks. 

Hang em on your fence if you get em. As a warning to others that they are around and as a warning to other coyotes.

Quote from: albrecht on May 29, 2018, 06:39:08 PM
Hang em on your fence if you get em. As a warning to others that they are around and as a warning to other coyotes.

It's been weird - I've never seen a Chipmunk here until this year and now Coyote's.   Wondering what's next - Porcupine's maybe?

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 29, 2018, 06:44:29 PM
It's been weird - I've never seen a Chipmunk here until this year and now Coyote's.   Wondering what's next - Porcupine's maybe?
I saw a porcupine last year by the creek. And there was a picture in the local vets' office of a yellow lab that also 'found one.' Not good, poor doggy. His face looked like a pin cushion. They are moving eastward so watch out!
https://texasnongameprogram.wordpress.com/2015/05/11/porcupines-in-texas-are-moving-east/

Metron2267

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 29, 2018, 06:08:31 PM

Their range is expanding greatly - also see the Coywolf, a fascinating hybrid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd18fLEf_Cw

Quote from: albrecht on May 29, 2018, 06:58:42 PM
I saw a porcupine last year by the creek. And there was a picture in the local vets' office of a yellow lab that also 'found one.' Not good, poor doggy. His face looked like a pin cushion. They are moving eastward so watch out!
https://texasnongameprogram.wordpress.com/2015/05/11/porcupines-in-texas-are-moving-east/

Didn't even realize the damn things were in Texas - thought they more of a Northern type of critter

Zenman

RIP, Dogman.

Or weird semi-wolf type thing.