• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

bobo17

ok folks
i am back....again the outpooring of request from all bellgabbers longtime and one only days old, has convinced me to organize the meeting.
however...and this is a SERIOUS QUALIFIER:
IF i get one disrespectful post AFTER this post...it will be over.
you all have the power to decide and we will no whom the poster was that caused the problem.

unfortunately, due to previous reasons, the meeting will slip back ~ 2 weeks.

thats the update, thanks again
and remember we are all monitoring the responses to my post and the apropriate consequenses i can assure you will materialize and names recorded if you cause problems.

YOU HAVE ALL BEAN WARREND

BOBO17

bateman

Quote from: bobo17 on May 20, 2016, 04:20:38 PM
ok folks
i am back....again the outpooring of request from all bellgabbers longtime and one only days old, has convinced me to organize the meeting.
you all have the power to decide and we will no whom the poster was that caused the problem.

and remember we are all monitoring the responses to my post and the apropriate consequenses i can assure you will materialize and names recorded if you cause problems.

BOBO17

Fuck. You.

You're welcome, BellGab.

ok folks

BOBO17

bateman

ok folks

BOBO17

Oh, and Art didn't tell you? The meeting is still happening, but you have been replaced by Falkie as official BellGab representation. Sorry man, guess you were the last to know.

Bobo, if you don't want derogatory posts, might I suggest that you use spellcheck once in a while? 

Just trying to be helpful.

Quote from: bateman on May 20, 2016, 04:38:09 PM

http://youtu.be/VC1_tdnZq1A

I saw that scene when it first came out at the movies.  I was 5 or 6 and we were at a drive-in and I raised holy hell.  I was crying all over the place.  My parents eventually got me settled but that scene scarred me for years. :  :-[ :D

bateman

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 20, 2016, 04:41:20 PM
I saw that scene when it first came out to the movies.  I was 5 or 6 and we were at a drive-in and I raised holy hell.  I was crying all over the place.  My parents eventually got me settled but that scene scarred me for years. :  :-[ :D

There was a great Super Bowl commercial a few years ago that did a spoof of that scene. May it soothe your trauma.  :D

http://youtu.be/MsJYi3Cbwe4

Quote from: bateman on May 20, 2016, 04:45:18 PM
I hope Falkie takes a dump on his grave.

"Have it your way"

I must admit that posting on Bellgab is a little different when half crocked...................

Quote from: bateman on May 20, 2016, 04:44:15 PM
There was a great Super Bowl commercial a few years ago that did a spoof of that scene. May it soothe your trauma.  :D

http://youtu.be/MsJYi3Cbwe4

LOL. Thanks!!   :) It took me a good decade to get over it.  Watching numerous zombie movies helped speed along the process.  :D

ItsOver

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on May 20, 2016, 04:11:53 PM
Question for those wise folks here ......

Would it be possible to 'stalk' yourself ..... if you were lucky enough to have a 'split personality' ... ?
Well, Noory has been the host of a large night time radio show for over ten years so I guess just about anything is possible.

ok folks

BOBO17
Respect is earned, not given out like candy at a parade.
So, in other words, you're going to be pestering people in this thread for at least another two weeks ?   Pffft

starrmtn001

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on May 20, 2016, 04:02:23 PM
Great to hear from you Art .....
Till next time .........
Tomorrow ?
Art?  Oh hell no!  That's Falkie! ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 20, 2016, 04:47:52 PM
I must admit that posting on Bellgab is a little different when half crocked...................

Oh dear!  You should never go off half crocked!

Wait a minute, that's half cocked.  But then ya can't go off half cocked.

What were we talking about????

Quote from: starrmtn001 on May 20, 2016, 06:06:26 PM
Oh dear!  You should never go off half crocked!

Wait a minute, that's half cocked.  But then ya can't go off half cocked.

What were we talking about????

O dear indeed.  I almost never drink more than just a beer here and there.  But Mrs. Walks_At_Night returns home
tomorrow after almost a month away and I survived another lay-off at work.  So I celebrated tonight with Old Grand-Dad
and nowI'm not sure I'll make it to Amy's show. 

Bad Walks.     Very bad Walks.

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 20, 2016, 06:30:27 PM
O dear indeed.  I almost never drink more than just a beer here and there.  But Mrs. Walks_At_Night returns home
tomorrow after almost a month away and I survived another lay-off at work.  So I celebrated tonight with Old Grand-Dad
and nowI'm not sure I'll make it to Amy's show. 

Bad Walks.     Very bad Walks.
No, it is all good. You need to be passed in your underwear with a sink full of dirty dishes in the sink and laundry piling up haphazardly around the house and your bottle of OGD on the floor. Make her appreciate you and all she does for you.
ps: you notice that OGD pulled the same schtick that JD did a few years back and now at 80 proof and, in OGD's case, no longer BIB higher proof in most stores? Yet, price did not go down? Why? If proof went down presumably some Federal and other excise taxes would be cheaper so why not 'pass that on' to the customer?

GravitySucks

No sign of bobo anywhere

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 20, 2016, 06:40:56 PM
No sign of bobo anywhere
Look in the horse stalls. You are getting around. Weren't you just fishing in FLA?
bobo: the MEETING must happen, ignore other posters who are trying to bring up the greasey issue to mock the MEETING.

Quote from: albrecht on May 20, 2016, 06:39:19 PM
No, it is all good. You need to be passed in your underwear with a sink full of dirty dishes in the sink and laundry piling up haphazardly around the house and your bottle of OGD on the floor. Make her appreciate you and all she does for you.
ps: you notice that OGD pulled the same schtick that JD did a few years back and now at 80 proof and, in OGD's case, no longer BIB higher proof in most stores? Yet, price did not go down? Why? If proof went down presumably some Federal and other excise taxes would be cheaper so why not 'pass that on' to the customer?

Couldnt do that to her - she's been in China so I have the house absolutely spicandspan.   By now she has had enough of filth and foul.

Most bourbon guys would look down on it but i've always rather liked it.  You are right - it aint Bonded.   

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on May 20, 2016, 06:42:49 PM
Look in the horse stalls. You are getting around. Weren't you just fishing in FLA?
bobo: the MEETING must happen, ignore other posters who are trying to bring up the greasey issue to mock the MEETING.

Yep. Took a trip out here for some pretty intensive firearms training. I am a member at a place called Front Sight. This is my 6th trip. First trip for practical rifle. The others were defensive handgun and ropes/rappelling. It makes for a long day. Today we had to be there at 6:30, classes started at 8 and finished just after 5. Next trip will probably included tactical shotgun.

If I take the rifle course again, I am bringing my own rifle with my red dot or a scope. My eyesight doesn't do to well with iron sights.

Next 3 days are a little bit better. Don't have to be there until 7:45.

trostol

Quote from: trostol on May 20, 2016, 03:25:03 PM
so..we should expect an update some time today or tomorrow huh?

i called it!!!! lol

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 20, 2016, 06:52:14 PM
Couldnt do that to her - she's been in China so I have the house absolutely spicandspan.   By now she has had enough of filth and foul.

Most bourbon guys would look down on it but i've always rather liked it.  You are right - it aint Bonded.
Bourbon guys are getting as high falootin as the Scotch or wine people. I don't like it. OGD is good, though I think it should still be at the higher proof. Best deal out there, if you can find, is Evan "white label" BIB 100proof. Cheap and good, better than their normal offering (though if one likes the Jack Daniels taste that also the better option, cheaper and still at 86 proof.) Old Overholt still beats, for taste and price-point, the more fancy Ryes, now that the stuff is trendy and new stuff coming out. But if you can find Pikesville from MD is good and long history also.

ps: my brother was in China and had a incident. Some intestinal issues after suspect dinner the night before with clients (one dish involved chicken feet) and no paper in the bathroom (!) at some fancy newly-built mall in Shanghai. Had to use his underwear and then go commando.