• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The BellGab "New Member" Meet and Greet!

Started by GodsEqual, September 24, 2008, 02:13:23 AM

The Kraken

Hello all. I'm relatively new to Art Bell, I just discovered him over the summer coincidentally around the time Midnight in the Desert began, but I quickly became a fan. I'm interested in the paranormal, mostly into UFOs and cryptids and found Art to be very entertaining. Anyways I've been lurking on BellGab for a few days and decided I might as well make an account. 

onan

Quote from: The Kraken on December 19, 2015, 11:00:39 AM
Hello all. I'm relatively new to Art Bell, I just discovered him over the summer coincidentally around the time Midnight in the Desert began, but I quickly became a fan. I'm interested in the paranormal, mostly into UFOs and cryptids and found Art to be very entertaining. Anyways I've been lurking on BellGab for a few days and decided I might as well make an account.

Welcome, come on in, have a seat.

pate

Quote from: The Kraken on December 19, 2015, 11:00:39 AM

Suh!  Present, harms, abyutt (inyour)FACE, ideas of MARS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to1xT93IlUI

If that sort of wellkommen doesn't phaser-Beam ya, nuthin' will.

Wellcome to the wolves in sheep's clothing fold, lad!

See the FAQ for the standard footlocker layout and such, and again I say:  Drop and push until aye get tired, lad.

LouSheehan

Hi, does anyone know a link to Soroya's (sp?) show? To say the obvious, I'd like to listen. 
Or perhaps her name on Bellgab?  That way I could private-message her.

GravitySucks

Quote from: LouSheehan on December 29, 2015, 09:19:42 PM
Hi, does anyone know a link to Soroya's (sp?) show? To say the obvious, I'd like to listen. 
Or perhaps her name on Bellgab?  That way I could private-message her.

I will pm you

venix

Hi long time listener, first time caller. I think I'm late to this party. I don't know where to start posting. I'm bummed out about how this thing ended. Seems there is a lot of anger. Anyways, hi.

Quote from: venix on January 03, 2016, 03:04:43 PM
Hi long time listener, first time caller. I think I'm late to this party. I don't know where to start posting. I'm bummed out about how this thing ended. Seems there is a lot of anger. Anyways, hi.

Welcome, venix! Post often and try not to get any on you, because it doesn't wash out no matter how much you scrub.  :D

neuspirit

hey I am here. Not sure why it took soooo looong. But yes, finally I did it. Maybe after hearing MVs rants on Keith flipped the switch.  :)

Rix Gins

Quote from: neuspirit on January 07, 2016, 01:08:24 AM
hey I am here. Not sure why it took soooo looong. But yes, finally I did it. Maybe after hearing MVs rants on Keith flipped the switch.  :)

Welcome to BellGab, neuspirit.

https://youtu.be/hBlB8RAJEEc

Hello, I'm your emergency bacon representative, I'll be here to combat any bacon emergencies that might occur.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Emergency Bacon on January 09, 2016, 05:56:50 PM
Hello, I'm your emergency bacon representative, I'll be here to combat any bacon emergencies that might occur.

Welcome to BellGab. Bacon is not allowed in the Falkie thread.

Other than that enjoy. Post often.  MV needs the Adsense revenue to buy diapers.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 09, 2016, 05:59:44 PM
Welcome to BellGab. Bacon is not allowed in the Falkie thread.

Other than that enjoy. Post often.  MV needs the Adsense revenue to buy diapers.

No bacon allowed in the Falkie thread? This is bad. It seems like there's already an emergency happening on this forum.

slippingaway

Quote from: GodsEqual on September 25, 2008, 03:58:08 AM
i like the activeness here, 9 replies to a hi posts.

Atleast i can actually register here, unlike some other coast related forums where they arent taking registration anymore.  Like at Nighthawkzone where i cant even tell them how much they and george noory blow, because it wont let me post :).  Atleast I can tell you guys how much they suck 455.

im 18, started listening when i was like 15, so i really never got to experience art bell except for weekends, then they took that little bit away from me and im left with nothing. 

Greetings to all the new ones. I too started listening young. Open minds start out seeking those burning questions early on. Welcome to the House that MV and Art built.  There is a lot of passion for Mr. Bell here, but also some pain because so many feel betrayed by him for "serial quitting". While I respect their viewpoints, I personally don't share it, as I understand the reasons and would put family first.

My first early memory of finding C2C/Dreamland was probably the summer of '97, when I discovered that  AM 1500 KSTP from 600 miles away.  I remember the shear joy as I learned about reverse speech, ghosts, UFO & UAP encounters, and remember my first call in, at 13 or 14, to Robert Ghostwolf discussing Native American prophecy. It opened a door to understanding many of the wierd things that go bump in the night.

It was the first of it's kind, the trailblazer in AM talk that is often imitated but never truly duplicated.  Art Bell is Coke Classic of the Paranormal talk radio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KhLvcoA5ww

Quote from: slippingaway on January 09, 2016, 10:43:41 PM

My first early memory of finding C2C/Dreamland was probably the summer of '97, when I discovered that  AM 1500 KSTP from 600 miles away.  I remember the shear joy as I learned about reverse speech, ghosts, UFO & UAP encounters, and remember my first call in, at 13 or 14, to Robert Ghostwolf discussing Native American prophecy.

I remember that call as if it were yesterday!  You sounded like a very bright, inquisitive young man, and it was a pleasure speaking with you! Cheers!  :D

nathan

Hey everyone! I first stumbled upon Art Bell (and C2C) while listening to the radio on overnight drives on tour with my band. When everyone else in van is asleep, you're sick of all the CD's you brought, and highway hypnosis is in full swing, nothing hits the spot better than flipping on AM radio and hearing UFO talk. I'm a cartoonist and spend long chunks of the day drawing now, and old episodes of Coast to Coast w/ Art Bell are perfect to listen to along with it. I just recently discovered how vast this community is, and how highly regarded his shows are, and it got me even more excited. I haven't checked out Dreamland or MITD yet, but I downloaded that giant torrent archive so I'm super excited to get to it. Been listening to Somewhere in Time on Saturdays though-- gives the illusion that he's live on the air, and it sounds better coming straight from a radio signal (adds to the effect IMO).

P.S. I've found that I hate George Noory's shows, but I do subscribe to Coast to Coast Insider (sometimes the guests and SIT episodes alone are worth it), and I was wondering-- are the SIT episodes in the archive? They are playing an episode right now, 5-5-1997, and it's not on the torrent so I'm worried I might not hear it again.

Ciardelo

Quote from: nathan on January 09, 2016, 11:22:23 PM
Hey everyone! I first stumbled upon Art Bell (and C2C) while listening to the radio on overnight drives on tour with my band. When everyone else in van is asleep, you're sick of all the CD's you brought, and highway hypnosis is in full swing, nothing hits the spot better than flipping on AM radio and hearing UFO talk. I'm a cartoonist and spend long chunks of the day drawing now, and old episodes of Coast to Coast w/ Art Bell are perfect to listen to along with it. I just recently discovered how vast this community is, and how highly regarded his shows are, and it got me even more excited. I haven't checked out Dreamland or MITD yet, but I downloaded that giant torrent archive so I'm super excited to get to it. Been listening to Somewhere in Time on Saturdays though-- gives the illusion that he's live on the air, and it sounds better coming straight from a radio signal (adds to the effect IMO).

P.S. I've found that I hate George Noory's shows, but I do subscribe to Coast to Coast Insider (sometimes the guests and SIT episodes alone are worth it), and I was wondering-- are the SIT episodes in the archive? They are playing an episode right now, 5-5-1997, and it's not on the torrent so I'm worried I might not hear it again.
Hi--can't you just look it up in the Insider lists? I'm not a subscriber to the C2C Insider and i can see what is in the offerings. Are you wanting help with illegal torrents?

Rix Gins

Welcome to BellGab nathan.  Please show us some of your cartoons.

GravitySucks

Most of the SIT shows are in the torrent. Every once in awhile they will play a new one that wasn't archived Various people gather those someplace dark and musty and every once in awhile the torrent gets updated. I think there is an update coming out soon.

nathan

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 09, 2016, 11:29:04 PM
Most of the SIT shows are in the torrent. Every once in awhile they will play a new one that wasn't archived Various people gather those someplace dark and musty and every once in awhile the torrent gets updated. I think there is an update coming out soon.

Thanks! I found it. Didn't realize SIT shows were in a separate folder.

Quote from: Rix Gins on January 09, 2016, 11:27:14 PM
Welcome to BellGab nathan.  Please show us some of your cartoons.

My website is www.nwardcomics.com, but it hasn't been updated in a while. See some newer stuff here: http://nwardcomics.tumblr.com . It's weird underground comix type stuff but maybe some people on here might be interested.

Rix Gins

Quote from: nathan on January 09, 2016, 11:52:09 PM

My website is www.nwardcomics.com, but it hasn't been updated in a while. See some newer stuff here: http://nwardcomics.tumblr.com . It's weird underground comix type stuff but maybe some people on here might be interested.

Pretty cool stuff there, nathan.  R. Crumb influence?  Good luck on your cartoon career.

Quote from: Emergency Bacon on January 09, 2016, 08:59:03 PM
No bacon allowed in the Falkie thread? This is bad. It seems like there's already an emergency happening on this forum.

Any bacon on the Falkie thread would be scoffed by Falkie before the rest of us got there. Welcome!

onan

Quote from: Emergency Bacon on January 09, 2016, 08:59:03 PM

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 10, 2016, 07:46:42 AM
Any bacon on the Falkie thread would be scoffed by Falkie before the rest of us got there. Welcome!

And now you both owe him.

Yo homies!
Me beez 'ere to make sure da black paranomal voice is heart.
U dun knows whatcha been missin.
Peace out!

Rix Gins

Quote from: Black Lives Matter on January 24, 2016, 11:10:39 PM
Yo homies!
Me beez 'ere to make sure da black paranomal voice is heart.
U dun knows whatcha been missin.
Peace out!

Hi there.  Let me be the first to welcome you to BellGab.

Quote from: Rix Gins on January 25, 2016, 12:05:34 AM

Hi there.  Let me be the first to welcome you to BellGab.
thankee sir! I nu there was not only raysis on da forum!

onan

Quote from: Black Lives Matter on January 25, 2016, 12:13:28 AM

Make sure you use the hose out back.

Quote from: Black Lives Matter on January 25, 2016, 12:13:28 AM

posters these days are way too busy with other things. no time to be their normal everyday racist selves.  ;D