• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on August 03, 2016, 10:27:14 PM
From what I gather he felt a live show, with spontaneous callers was part of the essential alchemy.  However, even so, he still could have done a very simple & cheap live streaming show, maybe 1-2 x per week, without all the overhead of licensed bumpers, burdensome relationships with advertisers/network mgmt, complicated subscription setups, etc.  I still have no idea why he created such monumental stress trying to spin MITD up like that, when all people really wanted was to hear him talk in a microphone.
Yeah, but when you're a "Drama Queen," you need to make things as complicated as possible to meet your primo internal demands and, even better, you can then pull the rug out on others when you get bored and don't want to put in the effort, for further personal entertainment value, as you drive sane individuals crazy.  Rinse, repeat. 

This time may be different, though, with Mr. Bell's apparent, unfortunate health challenges.  Even Art can't fight back the ticking-clock forever.  I don't wish bad health upon any one but it seems to be a risk that comes with living.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Jackstar on August 04, 2016, 08:44:45 AM
I'm reasonably confident that this cunt and her gang of mewling, sycophantic lackeys are merely a co-ordinated AI construct. Ignoring them for months has cost no one anything.

Thanks for turning off the /ignore function, MV. That was a brilliant move.

:rolleyes:

there was an ignore feature?

Quote from: ItsOver on August 04, 2016, 09:05:40 AM
Yeah, but when you're a "Drama Queen," you need to make things as complicated as possible to meet your primo internal demands and, even better, you can then pull the rug out on others when you get bored and don't want to put in the effort, for further personal entertainment value, as you drive sane individuals crazy.  Rinse, repeat. 

This time may be different, though, with Mr. Bell's apparent, unfortunate health challenges.  Even Art can't fight back the ticking-clock forever.  I don't wish bad health upon any one but it seems to be a risk that comes with living.

Do you think Art's coming back? I have a feeling it could be any day now...  :)

bobo17

all
can we PLEASE  get back to me?, enough of the asian models, talk of podcasts.  I hold the keys to bringing art back on the air. i am his longtime, most loved and respected friend from childhood days.

i can bring him back to radio 5 days a weak, BUT I NEED SUPPORT FROM YOU ALL.

i am going to cordinate a meeting as soon as i recover from some personel issues.

PLEASE REFOCUS AND PUT THIS THREAD BACK TO THE IMPORTENCE OF ME AND GETTING ART BACK ON THE AIR AGAIN.

thanks
bobo

Quote from: bobo17 on August 04, 2016, 10:40:19 AM
all
can we PLEASE  get back to me?, enough of the asian models, talk of podcasts.  I hold the keys to bringing art back on the air. i am his longtime, most loved and respected friend from childhood days.

i can bring him back to radio 5 days a weak, BUT I NEED SUPPORT FROM YOU ALL.

i am going to cordinate a meeting as soon as i recover from some personel issues.

PLEASE REFOCUS AND PUT THIS THREAD BACK TO THE IMPORTENCE OF ME AND GETTING ART BACK ON THE AIR AGAIN.

thanks
bobo

Das wUt I wuz sayin fam.

PS: bobo I've been crowned "king of the hobos!" Put that in Greasy's pipe and smoke it...

Quote from: rekcuf on August 04, 2016, 10:37:16 AM

I've been kind of wondering if Heather's announcement might be a weekend show as a joint venture between she and Art. Of course, that will soon devolve into a Heather show because of some mysterious intrigue.

Quote from: PKaiser on August 04, 2016, 08:03:37 AM
What in the FUCK is so funny? I just asked a simple(ton) question?  Lol!

Who are you anyway, this "Empress?" Weren't you someone else a few months ago, like Darth Sandra, or some such other goofy teen-aged "handle?"

Robert

Quote from: zeebo on August 03, 2016, 10:27:14 PMFrom what I gather he felt a live show, with spontaneous callers was part of the essential alchemy.  However, even so, he still could have done a very simple & cheap live streaming show, maybe 1-2 x per week, without all the overhead of licensed bumpers, burdensome relationships with advertisers/network mgmt, complicated subscription setups, etc.  I still have no idea why he created such monumental stress trying to spin MITD up like that, when all people really wanted was to hear him talk in a microphone.
I'm sure he wanted to do battle with C2C, show he's still "got it".

ItsOver

Quote from: rekcuf on August 04, 2016, 10:37:16 AM
Eh, I frankly don't give a Chicago all-beef hot dog damn.  Throw in some turkee and I'll think about it.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: mv on August 04, 2016, 10:06:55 AM

Please, please, please, bring it back.

Quote from: Jackstar on August 04, 2016, 08:44:45 AM
I'm reasonably confident that this cunt and her gang of mewling, sycophantic lackeys are merely a co-ordinated AI construct. Ignoring them for months has cost no one anything.

Thanks for turning off the /ignore function, MV. That was a brilliant move.

:rolleyes:

Still upset I wouldn't be your sex slave? tsk tsk your bitterness of being below me makes the other agents here laugh. Sleep well, sugar  ;)

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Empress on August 04, 2016, 01:30:09 PM
Still upset I wouldn't be your sex slave? tsk tsk your bitterness of being below me makes the other agents here laugh. Sleep well, sugar  ;)

As far as I know I'm not ai, though I should probably take the test. I think people misunderstand Sandra's humor. Have you ever had that happen to you Jackstar?

Quote from: Roswells, Art on August 04, 2016, 01:35:04 PM

As far as I know I'm not ai, though I should probably take the test. I think people misunderstand Sandra's humor.

Nah Jackstar is just bitter the first time we interacted I rejected his creepy as fuck ass. It's not exactly the first time I've dealt with guys like that, and certainly won't be the last.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Empress on August 04, 2016, 01:36:31 PM
Nah Jackstar is just bitter the first time we interacted I rejected his creepy as fuck ass. It's not exactly the first time I've dealt with guys like that, and certainly won't be the last.

I like him. I never read the 'creepy as fuck' interaction though.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: bobo17 on August 04, 2016, 10:40:19 AM
all

thanks
bobo

What might that issue be, batshit craziness?

Quote from: ItsOver on August 04, 2016, 01:02:55 PM
Eh, I frankly don't give a Chicago all-beef hot dog damn.  Throw in some turkee and I'll think about it.

He's getting closer to coming back everyday. I can feel it deep within my loins.

zeebo

Quote from: mv on August 04, 2016, 10:06:55 AM

Apparently it ignored itself and went away. 

onan

Maybe if Art would quit his quitting.

Hog

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 03, 2016, 11:18:26 PM
Yep.

I never had any confidence in any of it after the 2 year Non-Compete was revealed.  I didn't believe that for a second. 

Not having a regular gig all those years, quitting DM right away, announcing a non-compete...  He just didn't want to do it anymore, but couldn't quite let go.  He had to invent a stalker/shooter for that.
Non compete clauses are standard fare in the entertainment industry.  IMO theres no reason to doubt that a non-compete clause was in effect as part of Arts departure from Sirius.

peace
Hog

Hog

Quote from: mikuthing01 on August 03, 2016, 02:47:45 PM
no, just this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyF-Hc-8ar4
You are very beautiful.  Have you ever been to Canada?

peace
Hog

norland2424

This whole thread lol

norland2424

Quote from: Empress on August 04, 2016, 11:03:46 PM
your whole life lol

Thats it me and my band are going to put you on ignore!!!

Quote from: norland2424 on August 04, 2016, 11:06:55 PM
Thats it me and my band are going to put you on ignore!!!

I am your band!!!!

Quote from: Hog on August 04, 2016, 10:32:54 PM
Non compete clauses are standard fare in the entertainment industry.  IMO theres no reason to doubt that a non-compete clause was in effect as part of Arts departure from Sirius.

peace
Hog

I realize that, but...

Someone gives him a contract to do shows for $70,000 a year salary, and he's going to agree to a non-compete on top of that?  Why?  Him saying something doesn't mean anything anymore.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 05, 2016, 12:42:09 AM
I realize that, but...

Someone gives him a contract to do shows for $70,000 a year salary, and he's going to agree to a non-compete on top of that?  Why?  Him saying something doesn't mean anything anymore.

You self-answered your question. "Him saying something doesn't mean anything anymore" means less reliability and less cash and more legalities to ensure he stays. Unreliability and difficulty is not cool in the entertainment industry. He could sort of do that stuff when he had a brand going, but did it too much and has pretty much exhausted his brand now.

Feel free to believe whatever you want

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 05, 2016, 12:47:44 AM
Feel free to believe whatever you want

Go out to the woodshed and punch some sense into yourself. This isn't rocket science.