• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Blitz

Started by Heather Wade, June 25, 2015, 09:39:54 PM

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on June 26, 2015, 07:41:11 PM
Yeah. The people to target are the people already into the paranormal from things like ghost hunters etc who were too young to know Art. Hook them in and this could explode. Remember they have short attention spans so it has to be short and shiny. :P

Concur.

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 26, 2015, 09:12:59 PM

The idea with the social media campaign is to get Art's name out there as far & wide as possible, which may translate into more listeners, and more subscribers.  Talking to Program Directors is even better, and maybe even more important.

Totally. I used to be in the promoting business, unless you have a lot of money and time to commit its very hard to make an impact on social media. I see a focus on social media attack here being good and important. But I think realistically we could only sustain the blitz for a week or so before it'll lose most of its steam.

I think there needs to be a concise plan of attack of two or three actions Bell fans can do to help the war.

1. A concise copy and paste message with promo pics or trailers people can post on their social media (asking people to like and share the message)

2. A copy and paste message people can use to contact their local radio stations with a link to find all the stations in their area

3. A massive pillow fight followed by punch and pie.

I also think you need a central easy place to find this info that you can direct other Bell fans to.

So a typical copy paste message would go.

Hey friends,

Art Bell is coming back to the air waves! Paranormal, conspiracy and just plain awesomeness returns July 20th! For more information, please go to ArtBell.com. If you're a fan of Art and want to spread the word, please go to bellgab.com/blitz #freeart

Heather Wade

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on June 27, 2015, 12:18:23 AM
Totally. I used to be in the promoting business, unless you have a lot of money and time to commit its very hard to make an impact on social media. I see a focus on social media attack here being good and important. But I think realistically we could only sustain the blitz for a week or so before it'll lose most of its steam.

I think there needs to be a concise plan of attack of two or three actions Bell fans can do to help the war.

1. A concise copy and paste message with promo pics or trailers people can post on their social media (asking people to like and share the message)

2. A copy and paste message people can use to contact their local radio stations with a link to find all the stations in that person's area

3. A massive pillow fight followed by punch and pie.

I also think you need a central easy place to find this info that you can direct other Bell fans to.

So a typical copy paste message would go.

Hey friends,

Art Bell is coming back to the air waves! Paranormal, conspiracy and just plain awesomeness returns July 20th! For more information, please go to ArtBell.com. If you're a fan of Art and want to spread the word, please go to bellgab.com/blitz #freeart

I'm hoping this thread can be the central place to find the info/graphics/trailers/etc that anyone is free to distribute.  #3 is top priority, I like Dutch Apple.  C&P messages are great, but, I'm half hippie, and lean more toward organic, man.  Post the thing that feels right to you, be it a C&P message, something you've written yourself, or any of the fine material already linked to here.

Also, for those like HorrorReporter who have blogs, I wonder if you'd care to post links to your articles here that can then be tweeted/fb'd?

Here's one to start with:  http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/columnist/strauss/2015/06/15/steve-strauss-art-bell-small-business/28459885/

This is also a good central place to find goodies to post:  http://artbell.com/category/artbell/media-coverage/

eddie dean

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 27, 2015, 12:03:03 AM

Or not, I'm not against just going wild with this thing either.  It's fun to throw ideas around.  Just kind of stepped up to help keep it organized, thankfully no one has slapped my wrist yet!  I'll clink beers with ya & raise a toast to this thing going well!   

Sure thing. If you like the idea, by all means, use it!  :)

Cheers!

We need to tap into the trucker network, both retired and active - a viral campaign that reeks of diesel and tumbleweed.

Maybe I will go hang out at the local Teamsters Union Hall and hand out electric green fliers.  I could fib a little and claim Art has an upcoming guest who knows where Hoffa is parking his shadow.

The circulatory system that is America's truckers will never die!

(Though they will be almost completely auto-piloted within ten years. Lot Lizards will have to adapt and learn to hit on techs who live in the sleeper with their Dr. Pepper and Cheetos.)

chefist

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 27, 2015, 12:25:19 AM

I'm hoping this thread can be the central place to find the info/graphics/trailers/etc that anyone is free to distribute.  #3 is top priority, I like Dutch Apple.  C&P messages are great, but, I'm half hippie, and lean more toward organic, man.  Post the thing that feels right to you, be it a C&P message, something you've written yourself, or any of the fine material already linked to here.

Also, for those like HorrorReporter who have blogs, I wonder if you'd care to post links to your articles here that can then be tweeted/fb'd?

Here's one to start with:  http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/columnist/strauss/2015/06/15/steve-strauss-art-bell-small-business/28459885/

This is also a good central place to find goodies to post:  http://artbell.com/category/artbell/media-coverage/

We have the letter complete.... It's in earlier on this thread today...

chefist

Quote from: chefist on June 26, 2015, 04:22:11 PM
Program Director

Hello, my name is __________________, and I live in _______________.  Art Bell is returning with a new late night show on July, 20th.  I have been a huge fan of his for years, and was curious if your station could carry his show? He originated and built that late night paranormal talk genre.  If he were on I would absolutely tune into your station! The stations who have Midnight In The Desert will be carrying absolutely the best product late night radio has to offer.  Art is a radio pioneer, and now he is pioneering a new digital format for talk radio.

Here is a link for more information, http://artbell.com/terrestrial-affiliates-inquire-here/. Also, you can see the other terrestrial radio stations that have signed up at: http://artbell.com/radio-stations/.

Thank you for your time!

Heather Wade

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on June 27, 2015, 12:51:23 AM
We need to tap into the trucker network, both retired and active - a viral campaign that reeks of diesel and tumbleweed.

Maybe I will go hang out at the local Teamsters Union Hall and hand out electric green fliers.  I could fib a little and claim Art has an upcoming guest who knows where Hoffa is parking his shadow.

The circulatory system that is America's truckers will never die!

(Though they will be almost completely auto-piloted within ten years. Lot Lizards will have to adapt and learn to hit on techs who live in the sleeper with their Dr. Pepper and Cheetos.)

Truckers.  Hmmm.  I sense therein lies many potential listeners!

SciFiAuthor

Alright folks, I'm going to try to make a trailer aimed at the general public that doesn't know who Art is and if I get it done I will try to promote it the way an author promotes a book in the modern world and tries to get word of mouth going. So, I have requests.

1. Is there anyone on the forum that has a YouTube channel that has a significant amount of subscribers that would post all of the trailers for the show? No thanks in advance Falkie.

2. I need the scariest monologues Art's ever done. Show me clips, message me, whatever, just tell me your scariest Art Bell moment because I need this guy saying the scariest stuff possible to put in the trailer.

3. Horror movie fans and paranormal experts. I'm looking for black and white horror movie clips that scare you or clips of anything paranormal related. They need to be before 1923, and yes I know about Nosferatu. I want to create an "old school" early feel to this--and use public domain video--something scratchy, gritty, unearthly to grab attention.

Heather Wade

And thank you for posting & writing that Chefist.  For realsies no backsies.

SredniVashtar

I was trying to think of a killer quote that perhaps someone could insert into a letter to a radio station (probably at the top) that would sum up the new show. My favourite so far would have to be the John Lear one about going to the dark rather than the light, because going towards the light was a 'trick'. That sums up the show for me because Art was/is all about the dark and bringing out the spooky stuff within it. I'd just like to have the right words down.

I'm currently trying to think of a short paragraph that would hook in new listeners by telling them what Art has to offer that you can find nowhere else. And also I think we should stress that he is a game-changing host who changed  the landscape of popular culture by making the paranormal accessible to ordinary people, leading to the boom in weird stuff that I mentioned before, and that has fallen off ever since Art retired from the airwaves. Ufology in particular has been bumping along the bottom for years now and seems out of fresh ideas.

The difficulty is trying to find a balance between honest enthusiasm and sounding like a cult member. I had to reject a few ideas because I could see Art facepalming at some of my more effusive words. Also, I didn't want to make Art sound like some kind of radio Jim Jones and we are all out doing his evil bidding. Radio stations are all about broad appeal and aren't interested in niche broadcasting for a bunch of creepy weirdos. I mean that in a caring way, Scorpion soldiers  ;) .

Anyway, if someone could point me to that quote I would appreciate it.

chefist

SciFi...our man Jaz has been collecting a lot of those sound bites....might want to hit him up! He's a pleasant bloke!

chefist

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 27, 2015, 01:12:02 AM

And thank you for posting & writing that Chefist.  For realsies no backsies.

Baller!

Heather Wade

Quote from: chefist on June 27, 2015, 01:14:48 AM
Baller!

I can buy any 10 items at the dollar store I want every Saturday.   :D   Don't hate me, hate the game.

chefist

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 27, 2015, 01:27:26 AM

I can buy any 10 items at the dollar store I want every Saturday.   :D   Don't hate me, hate the game.

Done...just careful with the candy...some if it is god awful!

Kolchak

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 26, 2015, 06:10:19 PM
Adding the TuneIn logo is cool, as long as we don't get in trouble with TuneIn for doing that.

I'm assuming it would be okay. There's one atop the DMR page.

Also, does anyone know if Keith has plans to submit DMR to the itunes internet radio directory? It seems like that's the best bet to have people stumble upon it given itunes' ubiquity.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Kolchak on June 27, 2015, 08:50:05 AM
I'm assuming it would be okay. There's one atop the DMR page.

Also, does anyone know if Keith has plans to submit DMR to the itunes internet radio directory? It seems like that's the best bet to have people stumble upon it given itunes' ubiquity.

On a late night broadcast a couple of weeks ago, the host brought that up to Keith.  He said he'd look into it.

PathoJen

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 27, 2015, 01:10:30 AM
Alright folks, I'm going to try to make a trailer aimed at the general public that doesn't know who Art is and if I get it done I will try to promote it the way an author promotes a book in the modern world and tries to get word of mouth going. So, I have requests.

1. Is there anyone on the forum that has a YouTube channel that has a significant amount of subscribers that would post all of the trailers for the show? No thanks in advance Falkie.

2. I need the scariest monologues Art's ever done. Show me clips, message me, whatever, just tell me your scariest Art Bell moment because I need this guy saying the scariest stuff possible to put in the trailer.

3. Horror movie fans and paranormal experts. I'm looking for black and white horror movie clips that scare you or clips of anything paranormal related. They need to be before 1923, and yes I know about Nosferatu. I want to create an "old school" early feel to this--and use public domain video--something scratchy, gritty, unearthly to grab attention.
Maybe, just MAYBE, if Jaz is ok with it, Jaz can cut his scary trailer down to 1 minute or less, for people who don't know Art. Just a thought since he probably does have some of the scariest audio out there. :) Jaz did 2 scary trailers, one was GIS. Scary stuff.
BUT, if you end up doing one, I personally found the stuff that Father Martin talked about to be pretty frightening. And when if you are looking for Art saying "This may scare you"., he always says that at the beginning of Ed Dames appearance, and sometimes on GIS. Good luck!

chefist

Quote from: jazmunda on June 26, 2015, 07:41:11 PM
Yeah. The people to target are the people already into the paranormal from things like ghost hunters etc who were too young to know Art. Hook them in and this could explode. Remember they have short attention spans so it has to be short and shiny. :P

JAZ and ROSSY! This might be something to add somewhere!

In July 2008, it was announced that Bell would be inducted into the National Radio Hall of Fame. On November 8, 2008, the ceremony took place in Chicago, Illinois.

nbirnes

I haven't begun blitzing in earnest yet, but I've found a couple daily things to do to keep the pot boiling. Not that kind of pot. Here are some quick tips for the lobster pot.

1. Whenever I'm on Twitter for a few minutes, I look for anyone else in any of my columns* who has posted any of the promo material, and I retweet and favorite it. Takes but a sec and it seems to really spread. Love when it hits the fading churchers.

2. Whenever I'm on YouTube, I look through all the Recommendated list and always take a moment to use the pulldown and say "Not Interested" to any C2C products, unless it's an old Art Bell. They will get the message, and you will have better viewing choices.

*If you don't know how to work the columns thing in the Twitterdeck, say so. It's critical for any Blitzer on that beat.

Heather Wade

Quote from: nbirnes on June 27, 2015, 04:09:02 PM
I haven't begun blitzing in earnest yet, but I've found a couple daily things to do to keep the pot boiling. Not that kind of pot. Here are some quick tips for the lobster pot.

1. Whenever I'm on Twitter for a few minutes, I look for anyone else in any of my columns* who has posted any of the promo material, and I retweet and favorite it. Takes but a sec and it seems to really spread. Love when it hits the fading churchers.

2. Whenever I'm on YouTube, I look through all the Recommendated list and always take a moment to use the pulldown and say "Not Interested" to any C2C products, unless it's an old Art Bell. They will get the message, and you will have better viewing choices.

*If you don't know how to work the columns thing in the Twitterdeck, say so. It's critical for any Blitzer on that beat.

This is good work, Nancy!

No worries on the Blitzing in earnest, as the real kick off is July 4th, Blitzing until the 20th.  Pace yourself.   8)   Thanks a million for being on the team.  We'll have to hook you up with a GabCast VIP pass, or at least a respectable rank in the SCORPION ARMY. 

nbirnes

Oh, goodie! Medals and prizes!

One more thing -- there is a Twaddle-de-whatever thing you can do on Twitter, and it puts the Time Traveler badge on your photo. It was all the rage when Jimmy Church tried to blitz and fizzled instead. Can't remember the name of the doohickey, but someone here will know.

nbirnes

Quote from: pyewacket on June 27, 2015, 04:13:50 PM
This is just a test Sci Fi- a snip from The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari 1920- does it work for you?

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/6306468

So glad you said that, Pyewacket! Our tastes run parallel. Here's something I found when I was researching Nero Blaze, the aborted novel -- I have a few of them and can find the original source if needed. These are saved bits from the old disintegrating films from the turn of last century.

There is a poignancy and a reminder of how fragile is the facade.

pyewacket

Quote from: nbirnes on June 27, 2015, 04:31:00 PM
So glad you said that, Pyewacket! Our tastes run parallel. Here's something I found when I was researching Nero Blaze, the aborted novel -- I have a few of them and can find the original source if needed. These are saved bits from the old disintegrating films from the turn of last century.

There is a poignancy and a reminder of how fragile is the facade.

It's so sad, Nancy- many early films are gone. I remember a Theda Bara movie where she morphed into a skeleton- freaked me out as a kid- unfortunately all but 2 of her films were destroyed in a fire.

I was hoping to find some of Hitchock's early work- but I think they're after 1923.

We do seem to have similar interests.  :)

Heather Wade

If anyone has a strategy for The Blitz, but they need it to be kept secret, feel free to send me a PM.  I've said too much.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 28, 2015, 01:12:29 AM
If anyone has a strategy for The Blitz, but they need it to be kept secret, feel free to send me a PM.  I've said too much.

And it needs to be in Morse code.

Heather Wade

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 28, 2015, 01:26:53 AM
And it needs to be in Morse code.

A secret knock and/ or handshake can neither be confirmed or denied. 

Jackstar

... . - . -.-. / .- ... - .-. --- -. --- -- -.--

.... --- .--   -.. .- .-. .   -.-- --- ..-   ... .- -.--   - .... .- -   .- -... --- ..- -   -- -.--   -- --- - .... . .-.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Jackstar on June 28, 2015, 01:29:26 AM
... . - . -.-. / .- ... - .-. --- -. --- -- -.--

I know, but... reasons.