• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

WildCard

Quote from: Σ> on March 27, 2017, 08:03:44 PM
strange you would say that.

http://bellgab.com/profile/?u=4273

no way. pate called bateman's last show. different weirdo.

Jackstar

Quote from: Σ> on March 27, 2017, 08:03:44 PM
strange you would say that.

Not only did I not say anything: my microphone isn't even plugged in.

Quote from: WildCard on March 27, 2017, 08:21:39 PM
different weirdo

I guess you'll just have to keep looking. Watch your fingers.

Tinfoil_Helm

Quote from: Art Bell on March 21, 2017, 09:46:16 PM
...why not try being more positive and I bet the Membership would rise and people like me would visit much more...

Art

Oh no you don't!

ItsOver

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on March 28, 2017, 11:13:21 AM
Quote from: Art Bell on March 21, 2017, 10:46:16 PM
...why not try being more positive and I bet the Membership would rise and people like me would visit much more...

Art

Oh no you don't!
Ha, ha, ha!  Yeah, right.  Tease.

Jackstar

Quote from: Art Bell on March 21, 2017, 09:46:16 PM
why not try being more positive

I was banned repeatedly for that. Thanks, Dad.

Lt.Uhura

Fresh Air w/Terry Gross excellent show on DARPA today including discussion of parapsychology experiments. The type of intelligent, high-quality interview once heard on Art Bell's show.

http://www.npr.org/2017/03/28/521779864/inside-darpa-the-pentagon-agency-whose-technology-has-changed-the-world

albrecht

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on March 28, 2017, 02:47:16 PM
Fresh Air w/Terry Gross excellent show on DARPA today including discussion of parapsychology experiments. The type of intelligent, high-quality interview once heard on Art Bell's show.

http://www.npr.org/2017/03/28/521779864/inside-darpa-the-pentagon-agency-whose-technology-has-changed-the-world
Thanks. Oddly enough Norry had Annie Jacobsen on the other night. You know what you are getting with Norry but Annie Jacobsen is usually pretty good with her stuff.
https://www.amazon.com/Pentagons-Brain-Uncensored-Americas-Top-Secret/dp/0316371769/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1437083691&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Pentagon%27s+Brain
https://www.amazon.com/Phenomena-Governments-Investigations-Extrasensory-Psychokinesis/dp/0316349364/ref=la_B001K7ZHF0_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1490748907&sr=1-2

Tinfoil_Helm

I too heard that!

Imagine Heather trying to take that on.  I feel embarrassed for her just thinking about it.

Dyna-X

Thanks Lt. Uhura. A good "white world" overview and general history, the difference Art would have began the questioning about black projects and some of the oddball things being researched. He would have also challenged that the parapsychological work was simply dropped and delved into her other specialties of research involving nukes.

This is why we still need an Art Bell, or at least someone like him. I've asked questions to try to get him to open up and figure out what is hindering him at present, but thus far - dead air. We can only hope he's sorting whatever it is out.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Dyna-X Ⓤ on March 28, 2017, 07:30:13 PM
Thanks Lt. Uhura. A good "white world" overview and general history, the difference Art would have began the questioning about black projects and some of the oddball things being researched. He would have also challenged that the parapsychological work was simply dropped and delved into her other specialties of research involving nukes.

This is why we still need an Art Bell, or at least someone like him. I've asked questions to try to get him to open up and figure out what is hindering him at present, but thus far - dead air. We can only hope he's sorting whatever it is out.

Agreed, Art would have delved deeper into the parapsychology aspects.

Art had a number of highly intelligent experts from a variety of fields, unlike these wonky characters selling product, which is all we have since Art left. I guess he doesn't miss it, or he'd drop in with a few shows here and there.

zeebo

...This is why we still need an Art Bell, or at least someone like him. ...

All those cutting-edge scientists Art interviewed and he never got even one to clone him.   :(

TigerLily

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on March 28, 2017, 08:15:27 PM
Agreed, Art would have delved deeper into the parapsychology aspects.

Art had a number of highly intelligent experts from a variety of fields, unlike these wonky characters selling product, which is all we have since Art left. I guess he doesn't miss it, or he'd drop in with a few shows here and there.

I miss Art  :'(    Sorry but sometimes the obvious needs to be stated

Catsmile

Quote from: TigerLily on March 29, 2017, 05:22:51 PM
I miss Art  :'(    ...

So did the stalker.

Too soon?

Dyna-X

Hey Art, I know your probably busy, but offhand do you know what season it currently is in Antarctica?
Have you been following that? Some pretty wild stuff going on down there, right?

ItsOver

Quote from: Catsmile on March 29, 2017, 11:26:51 PM
So did the stalker.

Too soon?
He'd better get 'crackin.

ninjashoes

Quote from: Catsmile on March 29, 2017, 11:26:51 PM
So did the stalker.

Too soon?

Did we ever conclusively rule out Noory?

He's certainly fired enough shots at Art.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Daniel End of Days Radio on March 31, 2017, 02:22:31 AM
Did we ever conclusively rule out Noory?

He's certainly fired enough shots at Art.

^^^^^^^^^^
Yes! This is so it!  :)

Who else would benefit by Art being off the air?!  :D

ninjashoes

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 31, 2017, 02:24:30 AM
^^^^^^^^^^
Yes! This is so it!  :)

Who else would benefit by Art being off the air?!  :D

its possible, however I see Noory more as a corporate shill yes man who will cling to every opportunity in order to feed his ongoing lust for female callers. Noory needs to go asap and be replaced by John B Wells who is the true successor to Art.

Art obviously made a lot of enemies broadcasting for so long. Especially covering fringe topics. The Heavens Gate thing and the fake Filipino news thing obviously hit him hard as did the death of his wife. Whoever was "stalking" Art was obviously the same type of person who would try to frame him. There were so many court cases too and there is a new one. That stuff all adds up. Next thing you know Heather Wade is the voice in the night.

I don't approve of picking on Heather however the "Dark Matter Network" accepted peoples money and turned down legitimate talent that would help grow the network. Its a case of both Art and Keith thinking they know what they are doing when in reality they find themselves ill equipped to handle the production and management staff they really need to pull this operation off.

I don't know much about Heather but it probably would have been better to just give Heather a show on the Network instead of having her be some kind of successor to Art. It is how they marketed her as Arts successor that has stifled her career due to the backlash of Art Bells hardcore fanbase. She simply couldn't live up to peoples expectations. Your talking about stepping into the shoes of a legend, its not exactly easy filling airtime and if she had proper guidance she would have built a show that hid her weaknesses. Its kind of sad to see what has happened here, my own personal reasons of having a negative experience with the DMN's Keith Rowland and then feeling let down by Arts return.

I do wish Art would give us one more year of steady broadcasting.

ge30542

Perhaps old news, but, this week I found yet another C2C stream on TuneIn. In their search bar, enter Dreamland Radio.

Robert

Quote from: Daniel End of Days Radio on March 31, 2017, 03:09:14 AMthe "Dark Matter Network" accepted peoples money and turned down legitimate talent that would help grow the network.
Example(s)?
QuoteI don't know much about Heather but it probably would have been better to just give Heather a show on the Network instead of having her be some kind of successor to Art. It is how they marketed her as Arts successor that has stifled her career due to the backlash of Art Bells hardcore fanbase. She simply couldn't live up to peoples expectations. Your talking about stepping into the shoes of a legend, its not exactly easy filling airtime and if she had proper guidance she would have built a show that hid her weaknesses.
That's interesting.  Ordinarily late night would be where you'd stick your weakest.  I do find most of the earlier-hours shows on DMDN better than MITD.  Maybe the problem is not the time slot, not the legacy that it's "Art Bell's show", but the total hours a week -- or maybe the number of co-hosts, her working solo while the better DMDN shows tend to be panel-hosted.

I've written here about how Jason Jarvis took over his mother Judy's show when she sickened & then died, after he'd been her producer.  He actually lasted a few yrs. as m.c.

Then again, who'd've thought that after Steve Allen quit, Tonight would go on so long?

ninjashoes

Quote from: Robert on March 31, 2017, 06:47:38 PM
Example(s)?That's interesting.  Ordinarily late night would be where you'd stick your weakest.  I do find most of the earlier-hours shows on DMDN better than MITD.  Maybe the problem is not the time slot, not the legacy that it's "Art Bell's show", but the total hours a week -- or maybe the number of co-hosts, her working solo while the better DMDN shows tend to be panel-hosted.

I've written here about how Jason Jarvis took over his mother Judy's show when she sickened & then died, after he'd been her producer.  He actually lasted a few yrs. as m.c.

Then again, who'd've thought that after Steve Allen quit, Tonight would go on so long?

As far as money examples - taking donations for billboards and charging 5$ a month for archives. I am sorry but accepting peoples moneys for those archives when there are so many good free programs just isn't a realistic business plan and only increases the negativity surrounding the network.

Heather would do just fine if she wasn't marketed as Art's replacement and wasn't charging money for archives. It feels like a bait and switch thing just like Sirius. It hurts Heather more than anyone else.

As far as the talent issue well Keith treated many hosts like complete shit just for asking to be on his fledgling network. A case of overestimating ones own negotiating power. 

Then Heather Wade, who has no broadcasting credentials gets put right there on the Iron Throne. How about not turning away legitimate talent and not doing special favors for attractive females?

Robert

Quote from: Daniel End of Days Radio on April 01, 2017, 05:31:14 PMAs far as the talent issue well Keith treated many hosts like complete shit just for asking to be on his fledgling network.
Please name names.

ninjashoes

Quote from: Robert on April 01, 2017, 06:22:01 PM
Please name names.

I would but they are acquaintances of mine and I don't want to speak for them but I have heard from 3-4 podcasters, all of which had a similar experience of Keiths really awful personality. I am included in there as well although I wouldn't attempt to say I'm talented.

Art has had to warn him about his behavior several times and even completely fired Keith at one point because of the way Keith talks to people.

I am glad at least Art recognizes the problem but I wish he would take a harder stance and put someone in that role who can actually work with other humans.

malliard

this was a topic years ago, i have moved on... good luck...

scentless

I heard somewhere in time on my local AM station Saturday night. Didn't even know they were still playing it as I hadn't tuned in for years. I miss Hoagland the most. Listening him dropping a load of horseshit on Art about Martian cities was always my favorite. "Hey art, I have a guy from Ballsack Kentucky that found linear blocks using lasers to penetrate poof dirt and ice on mars." Man I miss this horseshit.

Dateline

Here is a new angle on the stalker story and remote connections.

Is Norry the stalker?  No, I don't think that Norry put his boots on the ground and stalked Art.  However, the PremRat is a dirty animal and Norry stalks and allegedly had a stalker.  Heard he lied about it.  Anyways, they have that mindframe.

Anyone can be bought for a price.  The stalker could have been a hired hand to stalk.  This may sound conspiratorial, but who else at that time had anything to lose from Art being on the air?

For more discussion, go to www.conspiracy.com

scentless

People believe he left because of a stalker? That's still the best story he's ever spun.