• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrity Deaths

Started by noodlehead.crucified.c2c, June 25, 2009, 05:28:29 PM

Juan

Ravi Shankar - dead at 92.  We geezers knew him as mentor to The Beatles, particularly George Harrison.  You younguns might know him as father of Norah Jones.

McPhallus

Quote from: UFO Fill on December 12, 2012, 12:04:47 AM
Ravi Shankar - dead at 92.  We geezers knew him as mentor to The Beatles, particularly George Harrison.  You younguns might know him as father of Norah Jones.

Ravi with the Dot

Juan

Judge Robert Bork is dead at 84.

McPhallus

Quincy has died.  Bummer.  I personally would rather watch that show over that C.S.I. bullshit or any of its asinine spinoffs:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/25/arts/television/jack-klugman-stage-and-screen-actor-is-dead-at-90.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

HorrorRetro

Quote from: McPhallus on December 24, 2012, 07:06:38 PM
Quincy has died.  Bummer.  I personally would rather watch that show over that C.S.I. bullshit or any of its asinine spinoffs:

Me too.  I love Quincy.  :(

He was also in several episodes of the Twilight Zone.  The Snorge may not know this, as he has apparently seen just the same 4 or 5 episodes over and over.

The Odd Couple was pretty funny.

Juan

Soul Sister #1, Marva Whitney, died at 68.  She toured with James Brown, who gave her the nickname.

MV/Liberace!

Wow. Vincent Schiavelli has been dead since 2005. I had no idea.

Morgus

Quote from: Em Vee on January 05, 2013, 02:18:07 AM
Wow. Vincent Schiavelli has been dead since 2005. I had no idea.

he was dead (a ghost) in the movie "Ghost" back in 1990 too...  8)

Sardondi

Quote from: Em Vee on January 05, 2013, 02:18:07 AM
Wow. Vincent Schiavelli has been dead since 2005. I had no idea....

One of those marvelous actors whose, uh, "non-standard" looks combined to make them some of the most-utilized (and well-paid!) actors in film. Like the actor just above  Schiavelli, Charles Durning.

Elflord

Who is going to die in 2013???

ziznak

Where's Eddie I wanna hear who's on his dead pool... I know he has a list.

Elflord

1) George Noory
2)Fred flintstone
3)ALF

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 24, 2012, 09:20:56 PM
He was also in several episodes of the Twilight Zone.  The Snorge may not know this, as he has apparently seen just the same 4 or 5 episodes over and over.

The Odd Couple was pretty funny.

I watched several of the episodes when SciFi was doing it's Twilight Zone marathon this week.  Still great to watch even after all these years.  I even watched one of Jorch's faves, "To Serve Man," so that covers one of the 4 or 5.  The title must be where Jorch got his selfless life-goal idea.  I missed the Mumy episode so that would be one of the 4 or 5.  Are you sure Jorch has actually seen that many Twilight Zones?  :D 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ziznak on January 05, 2013, 07:25:28 PM
Where's Eddie I wanna hear who's on his dead pool... I know he has a list.

I used to have a point system with bonuses for sudden or shocking deaths. I haven't had one in a few years...so I'm due. You've given me a project,Ziz!

ziznak

Hook it up!  I've always wanted to do a celebrity dead pool... ever since the movie.   

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ziznak on January 05, 2013, 09:54:09 PM
Hook it up!  I've always wanted to do a celebrity dead pool... ever since the movie.
I checked my "archives", basically a drawer full of notebooks of inane,insane babblings that look like they were penned by Artie Bremer and James Joyce's adopted autistic child. Lo and Behold, my last death pool list was from March 24, 2008. Which either means I'm mellowing, maturing or just getting lazy. Hopefully, the latter. It's clear that the key to eternal life is this: Get in my death pool! Oddly, the only two of my picks to croak were actually close friends. Neither death was shocking, but one was relatively young...but a grostesque,drug addled freak(there's a hint)
         Most of these picks are based on mitigating factors like ill health, bad habits...and some is just plain wishful thinking. Also, I find this somewhat amazing. We've not had a significant "successful" political asassination(death) in the USA since the Moscone/Milk murders of 11/27/78. And that was an inside job. Considering our political climate and such...it's pretty stunning.

So here's my picks from 3/24/08.

David Crosby...(a perennial high draft choice)
       Keith Richards/Ron Wood/Charlie Watts (watch it be Jagger)
       Michael Jackson(it took until 6/25/09...but my first non bonk)
       Don Imus  (he's had cancer forever, he's an "ex" addict)
       Rosie O Donnell
       Al Sharpton (he looks so healthy ??? )
       Ozzy Osbourne (still with us....and ironically, Dio dies!)
       Elizabeth Taylor (took 3 years, finally expiring in 2011)
       Gregg Allman (see Crosby, David)
       Steven Hawking
       Paris Hilton (why and how this syphilitic slattern is still alive bothers me)
       David Letterman (stalkers, maladies, depressive...it seemed a lock)
       Mike Huckabee (hopefully found with lipstick, a ball gag and 22 inch dildo up his ass, this squirrel eating Billy Sunday meets Bob Roberts pile of shit just irks me)
       John Edwards (I thought he was headed for suicide with his presidential dreams dashed, kept picturing Martin Sheen in the Dead Zone)
       Louis Farrakhan (this cancer-stricken crook apparently will live longer due to his ophidian gene pool)
       Bobby Brown (close...but no cigar...yet)
       Robin Williams (because nobody has done that much coke and reached 60...until he did)

Addendums for 2013. I think Bush 41, Nelson Mandela, Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan and Herschel Walker will leave this mortal coil.

Herschel Walker?    Isn't he into prof wrestling now?

ItsOver

Put me down for that all around fun guy Hugo Chavez.   Should be an easy one but then again he seems to have as many life's as Generalissimo Francisco Franco had deaths.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Treading Water on January 05, 2013, 11:08:09 PM
Herschel Walker?    Isn't he into prof wrestling now?
I think he's involved with wrestling. Which equals...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ItsOver on January 05, 2013, 11:13:29 PM
Put me down for that all around fun guy Hugo Chavez.   Should be an easy one but then again he seems to have as many life's as Generalissimo Francisco Franco had deaths.
He and Castro are good ones...but we'll find out they're dead probably a good while after they really croak.

Sardondi

Quote from: ItsOver on January 05, 2013, 11:13:29 PM

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 05, 2013, 11:16:09 PM
       He and Castro are good ones...but we'll find out they're dead probably a good while after they really croak.

Yes, Hugo's been dead for awhile. If history (I know: our Communist self-identified intellectual betters insist History has been dead since K Mart...oh, I am sorry, I'm told that was supposed to be "MarX". Well, that explains the "C-" in World History 102, which at my school was quaintly entitled "Survey of Stuff England and Some Euros Did From The Time Parliament Invited A Dutchman To Be King If He Would Just Please God Marry The Just-Deceased King's Dyke Daughter Up Until Obama's Unveiling As Messiah, Plus Things In That Time Period The Pinko Dean Makes Us Pretend We Care About That Were Done By All Those Little Black, Brown And Yellow People In The Places Where We Bought Our Slaves In The Good Old Days Hired Our Servants Back When They Knew Their Places And Were Damn Glad To Get Them You Betcha (it was a rather traditional school, and I must say I rather enjoyed it, although making us wear that wool cassock on Witch-Burning Days was sort of fascist if you ask me. But back to the answer.)...but if history is any guide, Hugo Chavez has been dead since before Christmas, or as the time is known in the Venezuelan Calendar as The Days Commemorating The Gift of Everything We Have Which Came From Our Beloved Maximum SuperPresidente H-To-The-C.

Those of us who have been around long enough to have seen how Soviet-style dictatorships operate and how the apparat of totalitarian governments handle the deaths of their leaders, know that the highly stylized "Dying Leader Kabuki" requires a significant amount of lead time for public mourning and mortification of the body politic. While a long terminal illness might at first glance seem to be a blessing for the nomenklatura of a closed society who are tasked - on pain of death (but this is redundant, since it is understood by about the time the umbilical cord drops off by every resident of those unlucky enough to have been born into a Venezuela or a North Korea, that death is the penalty for all failure) - those tasked with overseeing a Dear Leader's passing into The Empty Nothingness of Eternal Void; the reality is it's a nightmare.

Because the Dear Leaders are supposed to be immune to ordinary human weaknesses as well as laws of the universe, and then here they are dying and shit. This means that for many closed soviet societies, tradition and good soviet manners call for the constant reassurance that the DL's health continues to astound the world...when in non-approved reality the DL may not have eaten solid food in three months and has a colon so overworked that it is kept closed only by the application of a large industrial cork and a generous application of asphalt and rubber cement.

And then somehow the seneschals of Soviet bureaucracy must somehow immediately transition the Beloved Leader from Paragon Of Health to Noble Journey To A Dignified End Of Life. It's tricky. It can't be done in Outside World Time (which is what they call "reality" in Venezuela), so it takes a little management of how the press reports the story they are instructed to give (which of course needs no explanation to Americans and those familiar with Obama's press policies).

So that's where we are now: Chavez's cancer has been totally arrested now for about two weeks...because he's dead and his body awaits at 1° C for doctors to report on how Chavez is fighting a heroic battle and displaying never before witnessed powers of will, etc. But soon even the Great Leader's spin must match reality, and it will be discovered that he has joined the other gods of Communism in The Great Void of Nothingness.

Now that wasn't hard, was it? That reminds me, I've got to get some more of these pain pills which make it so easy to key in all the pretty words...

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 05, 2013, 10:54:54 PM
       I checked my "archives"...

So here's my picks from 3/24/08.

David Crosby...(a perennial high draft choice)
       Keith Richards/Ron Wood/Charlie Watts (watch it be Jagger)
       Michael Jackson(it took until 6/25/09...but my first non bonk)
       Don Imus  (he's had cancer forever, he's an "ex" addict)
       Rosie O Donnell
       Al Sharpton (he looks so healthy ??? )
       Ozzy Osbourne (still with us....and ironically, Dio dies!)
       Elizabeth Taylor (took 3 years, finally expiring in 2011)
       Gregg Allman (see Crosby, David)
       Steven Hawking
       Paris Hilton (why and how this syphilitic slattern is still alive bothers me)
       David Letterman (stalkers, maladies, depressive...it seemed a lock)
       Mike Huckabee (hopefully found with lipstick, a ball gag and 22 inch dildo up his ass, this squirrel eating Billy Sunday meets Bob Roberts pile of shit just irks me)
       John Edwards (I thought he was headed for suicide with his presidential dreams dashed, kept picturing Martin Sheen in the Dead Zone)
       Louis Farrakhan (this cancer-stricken crook apparently will live longer due to his ophidian gene pool)
       Bobby Brown (close...but no cigar...yet)
       Robin Williams (because nobody has done that much coke and reached 60...until he did)

Addendums for 2013. I think Bush 41, Nelson Mandela, Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan and Herschel Walker will leave this mortal coil.

This is so funny - for a moment there I was almost concerned that the extent of humor I found in this may be a symptom of something else..

I'd love to add a few to the list, but I don't think that's how it works.

Juan

Herschel's not in wrestling, he's in one of those mixed martial arts fighting groups.  Having the good sense to not watch TV, I don't know a lot about those things.

BTW, Eddie, are you predicting all of his multiple personalities will die, or only one or two?

Main Man Vincent Schaivelli playing " Bruce Fredrickson", who could not forget his brilliant performance in that classic movie "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" with Jack " Randle McMurphy" Nicholson. The scene on the fishing boat that McMurphy had commandeered and Fredrickson putting the fish hook through the bait fish eye, & the look he gave while doing it. Hilarious.[attachimg=1]

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Percy Dovetonsils on January 15, 2013, 06:37:50 PM
Main Man Vincent Schaivelli playing " Bruce Fredrickson", who could not forget his brilliant performance in that classic movie "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" with Jack " Randle McMurphy" Nicholson. The scene on the fishing boat that McMurphy had commandeered and Fredrickson putting the fish hook through the bait fish eye, & the look he gave while doing it. Hilarious.[attachimg=1]

This is always the movie I think of when I see his face.

b_dubb

George Noory - Tumeric poisoning

Eddie Coyle

Who would have thought that Todd Bridges would outlive Conrad Bain!!!!