Yes
14 (45.2%)
No
6 (19.4%)
Undetermined
11 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Scully

I think you're right, Ben.  I was playing Scrabble while I listened, but I heard something like that, and also thought "huh?"

I mainly enjoyed tonight's show, and as always it was a total blessing in lieu of what we would normally be hearing.  I did notice a couple of times when I wondered if Simone wasn't paying attention to the guest and asked him a question I thought had already been explained.

All in all, I think I'd be happy with this guy as a weekend host, but I'm still a tad bit wary.  Once burned, ya know ...

Ben Shockley

Hey, Scully.
Nice to know you still know me   :P ;D

Nebraska888

Good program tonight!  I enjoyed every minute!

Quote from: Scully on December 24, 2013, 04:14:01 AM
Listening to Simone hosting instead of Jorch or Wells was pure pleasure for me.  If there is any justice in this world, Simone will start filling in for Snoory instead of Wells. Comforting to contemplate.  :)

Perhaps there is justice in the world after all. Who knew the caravan would Lurch off into the night so soon?

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on February 09, 2014, 06:59:22 AM
...caravan would Lurch off into the night so soon?

hehe    while(!donelol);

PerfectTommy

Quote from: Ben Shockley on February 09, 2014, 03:47:09 AM
the guest CLAIMED that every U.S. state other than Texas had it's death chamber (for criminal executions) on the 33rd parallel.   WHAT? ? ?

I heard it too... "WHAT? ? ?" pretty much sums my reaction as well. Needless to say, he's dead wrong.

Simone did good, though I admit I'm a bit disappointed he didn't even question such bare-faced nonsense.

Reminds me of the time that lunatic Douglas Dietrich claimed that FDR PERSONALLY led Marines into Haiti, and not a single dispute from John B. Wells.

anunnaki

Rob sounds like a Catholic Priest being interviewed at a Boy Scout Jamboree.
I bet he has some Open Toed Shoes in his closet.

EHH simone returns for both days this weekend.

Nebraska888

Looks like a ROB SIMONE weekend!  I anticipate some good stuff!  He's not Knapp.......but what a delight not to have Noory hosting.

I continue to give Simone a chance whenever he is on. And I continue to be upset by how I just can't get into him..
I think it's the 'daddy' George stuff that shaded it so many years ago.
Or his attempt to make his voice mysterious...

but he was interviewed by these two apparently. And that's cool.

yumyumtree

I don't get what Rob Simone was saying about Reagan, or what he was trying to say, but I suspect I wouldn't like it if I did.

Gassy Man

He's a great sleep aid.  I'm going to bed.

Simone buys into the New Age stuff a little too much for me.   I missed the Reagan stuff.  Probably dissing Reagan if my suspicions are right. 

FallenSeraph

Quote from: anunnaki on February 09, 2014, 11:28:11 AM
Rob sounds like a Catholic Priest being interviewed at a Boy Scout Jamboree.
I bet he has some Open Toed Shoes in his closet.

This made me laugh so hard.  ;D

Curiously, I clicked on this thread to see if I was the only person wishing someone would zap him with an electric prod just to put some variation in his voice. I see that I am not alone.

MikeJ

If these bible freaks are so against science, why do they try to use it to support their nonsense?  Either you believe in science or you don"t.

MikeJ

I don"t mind his voice. At least he sounds engaged and follows the conversation.

Gd5150

Simone's voice is more vanilla than Noorys. He does seem more engaged. Wells voice had the same mysterious flavor of Art Bell. Shame corporate has no clue how to capture the essence of the Art Bell show. Corporate destroying America 1 thing at a time.

Points for playing 'Jessica', a welcome relief from the M-F musical schlockorama

What annoys about bible quacks, besides the "I'm the first one to discover this!!!1!!!"ego trip, is the lack of any acknowledgement that there is a decades gap between the crucifixion and the earliest gospels, plenty of time to retrofit the facts for the early Jewish community. 'Splains a lot.

Simone has the kind of voice that would do nicely for self-hypnosis cd's.

Ben Shockley

For anyone still thinking that Simone is mentally sharper than Noory, or anyone, you can now officially hang it up.

How long did he bumble around tonight, near the end of hour #2, not "getting" that the guest was slyly (yet so obviously) suggesting that the God of Moses was an "extraterrestrial?"  The guest (Mark Biltz) apparently had pre-provided a circumlocuting tease, duly read by Simone, about "an ET event to the east of Egypt, witnessed by 3 million people," where, the guest said, the "ET" laid down all sorts of rules of human behavior.  I immediately "got" that he was describing the Mt. Sinai events of "the Exodus," but Simone JUST COULDN'T GET IT.  Simone kept asking "what verse describes the ET event?" and other stuff indicative of density.  I give the guest great credit for staying calm in finally having to literally feed it to Simone: that "God is the extraterrestrial."

And just in case anyone has forgotten: Simone thinks there are "NASCAR lines" in Peru.

smithy

Quote from: Gd5150 on March 09, 2014, 02:58:54 AM
Simone's voice is more vanilla than Noorys. He does seem more engaged. Wells voice had the same mysterious flavor of Art Bell. Shame corporate has no clue how to capture the essence of the Art Bell show. Corporate destroying America 1 thing at a time.

Horrible show tonight. I have turned on the program 4 times. Twice it was ads and twice I heard God, biblical, Bible and "the Bible, this is where I'm coming from." 

C2C is today's sermon in some church in anytown usa. Why don't they call this the Bible, Angels, God and Heaven (plus Medicine, Drugs, Pills and Creams) Show?

I admit I haven't listened. What happened to the great Saturday night shows? Gone forever?

Ben Shockley

Quote from: smithy on March 09, 2014, 03:51:50 AM
C2C is today's sermon in some church in anytown usa. Why don't they call this the Bible, Angels, God and Heaven (plus Medicine, Drugs, Pills and Creams) Show?
AMEN (so to speak)
As I once bitchingly e-mailed to John B. Wells after he harangued a physicist with crap like (in essence) "I'm going to heaven and you're not! Nyah-nyah!," this is supposed to be "Coast to Coast AM," not "Preach to the guest, Amen!"
Except lately, the guests are doing the preaching, with the hosts just facilitating the spewing.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: MikeJ on March 09, 2014, 01:28:48 AM
If these bible freaks are so against science, why do they try to use it to support their nonsense?  Either you believe in science or you don"t.
Situational ethics, baby!
You love something when you think it goes your way; you say it sucks when you think it goes against you.
And/but the "Bible freaks" and their political analogues are stridently against "situational ethics" when perceived in others ("it indicates moral decay!") so ...go figure ~~

Scully

Quote from: Ben Shockley on March 09, 2014, 03:46:42 AM
For anyone still thinking that Simone is mentally sharper than Noory, or anyone, you can now officially hang it up. ...

I've begun to think I'm a masochist, Ben.  I listened to the entire show tonight, telling myself I wanted to become thoroughly familiar with Simone.  What a waste of time, and what a downer the whole thing was. Dumb, dumb, dumb.  :P

Gd5150

"Simone has the kind of voice that would do nicely for self-hypnosis cd's."

Exactly. He reminds me of this boring late night radio i listened to in the early 80s dr Harvy Ruben - Talknet. It was before there was sports or political talk radio 24/7. It was so boring.

C2C was great but I've reached a point I don't even bother looking at topics on the website because its always boring. Even if its an interesting topic it may as well be a rerun, the questions are always the same with Noory giving the exact same responses. Why do they even bother? His lack of interest is so blatantly obvious. I know he likes the fame but he has no clue what makes good radio. It's like a child who takes over their parents company and runs it into the ground.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Scully on March 09, 2014, 04:15:10 AM
I've begun to think I'm a masochist, Ben.  I listened to the entire show tonight, telling myself I wanted to become thoroughly familiar with Simone.  What a waste of time, and what a downer the whole thing was. Dumb, dumb, dumb.  :P
Howdy, Scully.
Don't feel bad; I had the whole thing on, too, although I can't say I exactly "listened" to all of it.

And for All:
As for Simone's voice: doesn't he sound like he is swallowing his sounds, in any "self-conscious" speech, rather than exhaling/emitting air?
In his "radio speech," like his intros and outros, he almost sounds like he is trying to make his voice un-hearable.  In (more-)spontaneous speech, such as "interacting" with a guest, he sounds a little more like a regular human.  It may be that he is just trying so hard to simultaneously soften and deepen his voice to Trans-Venus-Flytrap levels that it just distorts the general feel of it way up into the range of notice-ability.

wr250

Quote from: Ben Shockley on March 09, 2014, 04:36:45 AM
Howdy, Scully.
Don't feel bad; I had the whole thing on, too, although I can't say I exactly "listened" to all of it.

And for All:
As for Simone's voice: doesn't he sound like he is swallowing his sounds, in any "self-conscious" speech, rather than exhaling/emitting air?
In his "radio speech," like his intros and outros, he almost sounds like he is trying to make his voice un-hearable.  In (more-)spontaneous speech, such as "interacting" with a guest, he sounds a little more like a regular human.  It may be that he is just trying so hard to simultaneously soften and deepen his voice to Trans-Venus-Flytrap levels that it just distorts the general feel of it way up into the range of notice-ability.

at least he "interacts" with the guest, unlike noory who just rolls on with his trusty 3x5 cards.

PerfectTommy

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 09, 2014, 03:08:20 AMWhat annoys about bible quacks, besides the "I'm the first one to discover this!!!1!!!"ego trip, is the lack of any acknowledgement that there is a decades gap between the crucifixion and the earliest gospels, plenty of time to retrofit the facts for the early Jewish community. 'Splains a lot.

Don't forget that it was a different culture back then. Today we have a written culture, but the first century AD Greek culture was verbal. These guys were story tellers and the passing on of oral traditions and teachings, memorization, etc. was well-practiced and commonplace in the Jewish culture of that day.

Hell, I'd say the fact that the Gospels were written down as early as they were is remarkable. The biographies of Alexander the Great weren't written until two centuries after his death. It's just how things worked back in the day--writing wasn't common, important events and histories were memorized.

Also, if they really needed all that time to edit the Gospels as you claim, then it looks like they did a pretty piss-poor job of it. They're as politically incorrect and culturally unacceptable as you can get. For instance, note that the first witnesses of the resurrection were women (Matthew 28:10)... this when women were not considered reliable witnesses in the culture of that day.

That said, I unfortunately missed most of the program because work kicked my ass last night, especially with losing an hour.

I did hear his little ego trip ("I'm the first one!") and I can't even remember what he was crowing on about. That was indeed a turn-off.

Other than that he was all right, and so was Simone based on what little I heard. It was irritating to me to hear the guest describe lunar eclipses as "blood moons" when they're nothing of the sort. Last time I checked, blood isn't an orangey or coppery color which is the color these moons turn during these eclipses. Revelation 6:12 describes what sounds like a simultaneous solar and lunar eclipse (black sun, blood-red--as in deep crimson--moon) which is freakin' impossible. Whatever causes that will be supernatural.

That said, he does have a point regarding the prophetic significance of a series of lunar eclipses. There is some precedence for this, at least as far as Israel is concerned.

No Name Storm

Simone was a fail last night. I only listen to C2C now on weekends and I sure as hell hope Simone doesn't get the weekend gig. He just another Snooron shill. He fawns over Snooron. He is a Snooron protege and not worthy. Boring and not challenging.

Where is Dave Schrader or some of the other fresher voices.....even if we can even call them that. LOL.

I think the weekends are going to be a fail too. I shall have to cut off C2C completely.