• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Michael Vandeven's Radio Train Wreck

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 11, 2015, 02:45:44 PM

SredniVashtar

Quote from: PKaiser on March 03, 2017, 06:32:50 AM
Hey MV, if you're needing a co-host for the podcast I'm up for it! It would be a gas!

In the Auschwitz sense.

PKaiser

Quote from: SredniVashtar on March 03, 2017, 06:37:23 AM
In the Auschwitz sense.

Well, my last name IS Kaiser....

Naw, jus' kiddin'.

How art thou, SV? How is U.K. today?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: PKaiser on March 03, 2017, 06:44:50 AM
Well, my last name IS Kaiser....

Naw, jus' kiddin'.

How art thou, SV? How is U.K. today?

Oh, grey and damp, as usual.  :(

PKaiser

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 02, 2017, 10:54:05 PM
If you go to UFOShip.com you can still find the Trainwreck episodes.

Hmm...No one wants to talk about Train Wreck or really knows what it is. Is it that bad?!  ???

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PKaiser on March 03, 2017, 06:32:50 AM
Hey MV, if you're needing a co-host for the podcast I'm up for it! It would be a gas!

Thanks, but I'll either get Evelyn or go solo.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Σ> on March 03, 2017, 10:28:11 AM
Thanks, but I'll either get Evelyn or go solo.
Cool!  I love Evelyn.  She keeps you on your toes. ;) ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 03, 2017, 09:50:09 AM
Hmm...No one wants to talk about Train Wreck or really knows what it is. Is it that bad?!  ???
(Pssst!  Hey, Doc, over here.  It's a euphemism, shhhhhh).  :-X  ;) ;D

BobGrau

Still hoping for a TrainWreck with the General as a guest, for reasons I can no longer recall.

jazmunda

Quote from: BobGrau on March 03, 2017, 01:57:27 PM
Still hoping for a TrainWreck with the General as a guest, for reasons I can no longer recall.

I'd listen.

starrmtn001

(Fret Files)? ;)

MV/Liberace!

perhaps if ev is unavailable for an episode, the general would be willing to sit in.  he and i have talked about it before, but it never happened.

jazmunda

Quote from: Σ> on March 03, 2017, 02:18:41 PM
perhaps if ev is unavailable for an episode, the general would be willing to sit in.  he and i have talked about it before, but it never happened.

Way to rub it in to Kaiser.  :-\

SredniVashtar

Poor Kaiser. What a way to treat a man with three pacemakers and the paramedics on speed-dial.

GravitySucks

Quote from: jaz on March 03, 2017, 02:25:17 PM

Kaiser only gets one gabcast per open heart surgery.

MV/Liberace!

pkaiser... don't die within the next week, bud.  i could be indirectly blamed!  can't have that on my conscience.

SredniVashtar

There could an In Memoriam Phil Kaiser version of RTW, call it "Radio Heart Break (literally)".

RIP, Phil. Senda was right, that man is pure evil.

ItsOver

Quote from: jaz on March 03, 2017, 02:25:17 PM
Hah!  At least MV didn't propose Noory to cohost.  The ultimate slam. :)

PKaiser

Quote from: Σ> on March 03, 2017, 02:42:06 PM
pkaiser... don't die within the next week, bud.  i could be indirectly blamed!  can't have that on my conscience.

What conscience?

Hey, I only offered because I heard some of your train wreck shows with some other guy co-hosting with you the other day and the guy was so lame and uninformed I actually turned it off.  I thought you and I had much more chemistry and carried on a much more intelligent conversation when we've been together, so I gave it a shot. Obviously you don't agree and that's perfectly fine.  Your loss.

Thanks for having me on when you did, I had a lot of fun!  After I pick up the pieces of my shattered ego I'll be fine, honestly, don't worry about me, I'll be fine.  I swear.  Really.  Right?

Ciardelo

Quote from: PKaiser on March 04, 2017, 05:06:48 PM
What conscience?

Hey, I only offered because I heard some of your train wreck shows with some other guy co-hosting with you the other day and the guy was so lame and uninformed I actually turned it off.  I thought you and I had much more chemistry and carried on a much more intelligent conversation when we've been together, so I gave it a shot. Obviously you don't agree and that's perfectly fine.  Your loss.

Thanks for having me on when you did, I had a lot of fun!  After I pick up the pieces of my shattered ego I'll be fine, honestly, don't worry about me, I'll be fine.  I swear.  Really.  Right?

Poor PK. Just know that MV is evil. Except when he is handing out the turbo modes, then he is um...acceptable.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PKaiser on March 04, 2017, 05:06:48 PM
Obviously you don't agree and that's perfectly fine.  Your loss.

so if i don't publicly accept your publicly extended offer to permanently co-host my podcast with me, that means i didn't appreciate your appearance with me on a gabcast?  jesus christ.  you've read way more into my "thanks, but ev or solo" message than was intended.  this reaction by you isn't exactly causing me to rethink my plans.  if i'd replied, "thanks, but ev or someone other than you" then i could understand your displeasure.

i've done the trainwreck show with evelyn since 2009.  if she can't do it with me, i'll end up just doing it solo.  that's all.  no offense was intended.  you asked, i replied.  i didn't expect i'd need to cushion the reply to avoid offense, as none was intended.  i even thanked you for making the offer by typing the word "thanks" at the beginning of the reply.  perhaps making the offer publicly wasn't the best move since you put me in the position of having to reply publicly, which inevitably led to reactions on this order:

sure, there have been a couple occasions in the past when ev couldn't be there so i found someone to cohost with me, but i fail to see how that relates to my intention to do the show solo if ev isn't available.

my "conscience" comment was in jest.  if you didn't take it as such, then you don't know me very well which calls into question whatever "chemistry" you're referring to.

also, even if i were looking for someone to replace evelyn, i wouldn't choose you because we fundamentally agree on too many things.  evelyn's world view is almost entirely incongruent with mine, which i think makes for better radio.  this is not a bellgab podcast.  it's a podcast about current events and politics.

i'm michael vandeven.

pate

Quote from: Σ> on March 04, 2017, 06:59:33 PM
so if i don't publicly accept your publicly extended offer to permanently co-host my podcast with me, that means i didn't appreciate your appearance with me on a gabcast?  jesus christ.  you've read way more into my "thanks, but ev or solo" message than was intended.  this reaction by you isn't exactly causing me to rethink my plans.  if i'd replied, "thanks, but ev or someone other than you" then i could understand your displeasure.

i've done the trainwreck show with evelyn since 2009.  if she can't do it with me, i'll end up just doing it solo.  that's all.  no offense was intended.  you asked, i replied.  i didn't expect i'd need to cushion the reply to avoid offense, as none was intended.  i even thanked you for making the offer by typing the word "thanks" at the beginning of the reply.  perhaps making the offer publicly wasn't the best move since you put me in the position of having to reply publicly, which inevitably led to reactions on this order:

sure, there have been a couple occasions in the past when ev couldn't be there so i found someone to cohost with me, but i fail to see how that relates to my intention to do the show solo if ev isn't available.

my "conscience" comment was in jest.  if you didn't take it as such, then you don't know me very well which calls into question whatever "chemistry" you're referring to.

also, even if i were looking for someone to replace evelyn, i wouldn't choose you because we fundamentally agree on too many things.  evelyn's world view is almost entirely incongruent with mine, which i think makes for better radio.  this is not a bellgab podcast.  it's a podcast about current events and politics.

i'm michael vandeven.

I am seriously considering writing an unnecessary unnecessarily rude e-mail.

I said, good day, sir.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: pate on March 04, 2017, 07:12:48 PM
I am seriously considering writing an unnecessary unnecessarily rude e-mail.

I said, good day, sir.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCXWDRvtKxA

GravitySucks

i'm michael vandeven.

b_dubb would be a great Alan Colmes replacement unit. He is about as butthurt as can be and still wants to have Hillary's baby.

Ciardelo

i'm michael vandeven.

MV, Just know PK drinks or (something) sometimes when he is posting. The man must qualify for some seriously good pain killers. Don't be too hard on the poor sod.  :)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 04, 2017, 07:21:59 PM
b_dubb would be a great Alan Colmes replacement unit. He is about as buttblhurt as can be and still wants to have Hillary's baby.

i'll say, he would contribute a credible host endorsement of low-t pharmaceuticals if the ads ever came.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Ciardelo on March 04, 2017, 07:23:57 PM
MV, Just know PK drinks or (something) sometimes when he is posting. The man must qualify for some seriously good pain killers. Don't be too hard on the poor sod.  :)

i don't want to be hard on anyone.  just honest.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Σ> on March 04, 2017, 07:29:31 PM
i don't want to be hard on anyone.  just honest.

I think he dreamed of being a radio star in his youth and that never came to be. So now he still chases it when he sees the opportunity. I remember him campaigning hard in the MITD thread after Art quit to replace Heather and he would get kinda cranky if you disagreed.  ;)